Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• isadora
    replied
    Regina King won the straightforward Oscars. Janelle Monae won the fashion Oscars! They both looked INSANELY GOOD.

Leave a comment:

• dada_teacher
    replied
    So.... what did you think of the Oscars fashion?

Olivia Colman was a disaster imo.

MV5BYWZmMmE5NTk[email protected]@._V1_SY1000_SX1500_AL_.jpg

I think Brie Larson was my favorite although she needed different make up.

MV5BYWFkZjVjZmU[email protected]@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,656,1000_AL_.jpg
    Last edited by dada_teacher; 02-10-2020, 08:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    I feel like both those choices were to get some media coverage, not because the fashion made any sense.

Leave a comment:

• dada_teacher
    replied
    Eh. I would prefer the jacket closed and it wrinkles but it's not Goop aweful.

Leave a comment:

• vanessa
    replied
    So what do we think of Kerry’s look? At first I loved it, then I thought “um, no”, but now the backlash makes me love it again.

Leave a comment:

• dada_teacher
    replied
    Gwyneth was awful!!! Oh my God. To tell the truth I was what the fuck with A Lot of fashion choices this time but I did like Helen Mirren and Nina!

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    Not feeling up to doing a full fashion post for the GGs last night but!

I love this Iris Van Herpen dress so so so so much on Joey King:

Ha! Gwyneth:

Leave a comment:

• dada_teacher
    replied
    I liked this year's theme. It was fun!

Leave a comment:

• IssieCol
    replied
    I don't really know what "camp" means to the experts, but all the pleebs seem to agree that it means being over the top, mega extra. So if we use that definition, lots of people were compliant. Please go sit at the boring fail table Karlie Kloss, Gisele, and goop. Legit, KK's dress was such a flat fart on an otherwise fun night, it actually made me kinda mad.

LOOOOOVED Zendaya. I was watching the red carpet coverage and when her stylist waved his wand at her and her dress lit up slowly and ballooned out, I clapped. Between Cinderella this year and Joan of Arc last year, the girl takes the costume part of the event SERIOUSLY and I'm not mad about it.

Also loved Janelle Monet, Ciara + Ciara's hair, Hailee Stenifeld, Cara D, Gigi, Lupita, and Elle Fanning. Oh, and Billy Porter!

My fave of the night was Kacey Musgraves. I interpret camp as being extravagant, but also a little sad/desperate/creepy/tacky and her Barbie was spot on for me. Like, it was amazing in that you kind of didn't want to look at it, but you couldn't look away. It also feels very "Austin art scene" so super on brand for her. The gay brotherhood has claimed her as their country Gaga and she loves it and Nashville surely HAAAATES it, but it's my favorite thing ever that the super crusty country community that rejected the Dixie Chicks has to make space for this mega progressive Austin libruhl girl who came into their twangy club and was all like, "All your awards are belong to me. Also, I'm like really pretty, so bye."

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    I thought there were a LOT of fun ones. I loved Cardi B the most, probably.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    Enjoyed this essay on why last night's theme basically made itself impossible.

https://www.genevievevalentine.com/2...es-on-fashion/

That said, I gotta go with Janelle for the win.

THE EYE BLINKS!
    Last edited by ophy; 05-08-2019, 09:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• LaaLaa
    replied
    This years gala is giving me SO MUCH. Minus the usual disappointments (supermodels), it seems like everyone had fun with this one! I showed Mr. Laa Cardi Bs puddle dress two hours ago and hes still trying to wrap his head around it.

Leave a comment:

• LaaLaa
    replied
    I think for the same reason Kendall Jenner gets to go? Pretty hangers?

My phone wont let me post pics, but Im currently loving the winner for Free Solos dress, minus the limp bow belt, and Emilia Clarke was sparkly without looking like a disco ball or an ice dancer.

ETA: Gemma had COOKIES in those pockets! Extra adore.
    Last edited by LaaLaa; 02-27-2019, 09:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    Why does Kate Bosworth get to go to these things? Is she famous? I don't even mean to be a shitheel about this but she must be friends with somebody because she's D list AF to me.

Leave a comment:

• IssieCol
    replied
    Gemma's dress also had pockets! Pockets + tons of eating room without having to suck in + pink = JOY. If I was Marie Kondo, I would've slapped a big old joy sticker on that dress because obviously, she walks around with those in her purse.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X