Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DK and The J Fangirling: Who Knew It Would Last This Long?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The trip to Paris broke my faith, I think this could be it this time. There've been zero recent insta interactions (though she liked a pic of NR) despite him being scared stiff before doing his first preview. I wonder if she's really fallen for Norman after all? Or they just ran out of steam. Or she's being dramatic again. It's sad if they're through, I had high hopes they'd make it as they both put a lot of effort in. If they're done they can at least return to their more natural states, she to her Parisian lifestyle and he to somewhat slobby obscurity. Just great.

I won't miss the feeling that everything's always about her - though I always blamed him for that rather than her, he put her on that pedestal. She'll miss that though, if they're over for good.
    Last edited by Laura; 01-28-2016, 06:34 AM.

Comment

• There've been zero recent insta interactions (though she liked a pic of NR) despite him being scared stiff before doing his first preview.

Wait-- I thought I saw her post something encouraging in the comments of one his posts about the play? I can't remember which one, though, so maybe I imagined that. But I agree that the fact she's in Paris while his play is opening is not a good sign (assuming she hasn't already returned to NYC).

Comment

• Ooh, she just posted "Au revoir Paris," so...

Comment

• I think they are on the rocky rocks FOR SURE. But that doesn't mean they won't bounce back. But it's an Olivia Munn-style January you guys. I feel it.
          Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Maybe they are always like this, I don't know. On the plus side, a breakup could lead to the elusive PJo selfie so there's that.

He's liked this pic:

But, in all fairness, it is a cute dress.

Here's some play-related pics of The J since we're here:

It could almost be London 2005 all over again.

Comment

• If we're playing matchmaker for The J, I WOULD LOVE to see him and Tessa Thompson get something going. He's been tagging her in a lot of his insta posts and I feel like she's juuuust on the verge of blowing up, post Creed.

Comment

• You misspelled LONDON OMB! I have a lot of thoughts about this whole sitch, but as a summary:

*Maybe I'm in a super optimistic phase of life, but like, I TOTALLY don't believe that they are or have broken up recently. If you track their instas, they've been in the same places at the same time ever since Christmas except for DK's most recent trip to LA and Paris. And why would she bother bringing the cat (who has weird cat AIDS, bdw) to New York if she wasn't planning on being there for much of his theater run? Several times before, they've left it with friends in L.A. for weeks at a time and I don't know why they wouldn't have just done that again if she was planning on flying back and forth. Or boarded it like they've also done before. Specifically, one of her friends has an insta account called littleacup. She's also friends with Jasika Nicole so maybe she's an ex-Fringie? Anyway, this lady and her daughter take care of Hobbes sometimes and seemed to have been staying in the Topanga house for a little while doing a combo house sit/cat sit thing while DK and The J were gone during December. She commented on one of her posts of a picture that looks verray much like DK and The J's backyard that her daughter missed Hobbes and the Topanga pool.

*I think their recent lack of participation in any media shenanigans is 100% on purpose. Whether they're hunkering down because they're dealing with legit relationship probs or whether they're trying to make her public fuckup disappear in the midst of award season is anyone's guess, but I'd wager that it was a combo of the two. They've chosen to rent an apartment instead of staying at The Bowery which minimizes pap run-ins by a lot and makes them less accessible if they don't want to be bothered. The Affair films for several months and they've never felt the need to rent during either season, but the play requires him to stay in New York for about 10 weeks, including the rehearsal time and for some reason, they've decided to go the apartment route. I also think their lack of interaction on insta is part of this intentional pull back. They haven't commented much on each other's posts and only like one another's posts sporadically. But if you're obsessed with them like I am, it's not that hard to see that they do spend time together. On the day of the blizzard, they posted snow pics within minutes of each other and just to get extra creepy on you (like it's not the reason you're here, wevs) here's some pic speculation for funsies.

The bricking and window framing is identical and the chair/couch look like they could be a match too.

In the category of circumstantial evidence, he still follows her private account and her profile pic on that account is still the one of them dancing around their hotel room when they went to Cabo last year. She also started following Mahershala Ali, one of his co-stars in the play.

I don't know, y'all. I just feel like they're still together and that the ground isn't even all that shaky for them right now. Like, maybe strained, but eh, they're 10 years into it and for once, his career is the one in full swing, while she's been having serious down time. She's said in the past that she doesn't do well with idleness and maybe she's freaking out a little about not working and still struggling about their baby issues (total spec on my part) and it's causing tension. Wevs, man. If they can weather a little Olivia Munn, this is cake.

Comment

• Well, this is what happens when you leave us unattended too long, Issie. All that sounds v reassuring.

Just for the record though, I could get on board with a Tessa and The J pairing but I'd much prefer no breakup obvs.

Comment

• In non-relationship news, I love that dress; it's adorable!

Comment

• The J just didn't seem emo enough post-Reedus to convince me that he was Munn-in', so the matching apartment pics are reassuring!

I'm watching Live! With Kelly and Michael from this morning with "television and theater actor Joshua Jackson" LOLOL LONDON OMB! Props to the two fools who went in for a hug right as he walked out. Anyway, he mentions traveling to Germany and Paris at Christmas (and he swoons over his trip to the Phils for a little bit, which .)

Their lack of lovey posts is understandable, but I would probably make my account private just to avoid reading awk comments like "His girlfriend of many years cheated on him with Norman Reedus. But why would anyone cheat on Joshua he is so handsome " under a picture I posted of my cat.

Comment

• Issie's entire post is sooooo ultra fan girl creeper that I want to marry it and have its creepy babies.
                        Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• I wish DK gave in and got a Twitter when The J did.

Comment

• Ha! You'll have seen this but DK loves to stir things up and this was good fodder for everyone:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBkVjpKD...by=dianekruger

In the spirit of togetherness though, both their music vids have been released today - seemingly on the theme of love lost or something:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rnxi...ature=youtu.be

Nice.

And

HTTPS://vimeo.com/154851167

I love the sparkly leggings.

However, she's been staying put in the apartment for a while now (though she got papped wearing that hideous denim jacket round town) and tomorrow's the opening night for the play.
                            Last edited by Laura; 02-10-2016, 10:01 AM.

Comment

• Remind me. Was the J's video actually filmed into their house? That pool looks awfully familiar. His video is way better than hers, imo. Sorry, DK.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Agreed, although I like the Rover song better.

Noticed that the vid Josh is in was directed by Josh Butler, who has directed a boatload of TVD eps and is friends with Julie Plec and known as a DE shipper. (everything comes full circle!) It did look very Topanga-esque . . . could that have been their house and pool, Issie?

Pretty good sign that DK has been staying in NYC for awhile, I presume.

Comment

Working...
                                X