Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DK and The J Fangirling: Who Knew It Would Last This Long?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diane: Jesus, Josh, you smell like stale beer, cigs and whore sweat.
    Josh: Do I? Because FUCK YOU AND THE NORMAN YOU RODE OUT ON.
    *inhale*

BUT ISADORA, JOSH DOESN'T SMOKE HE'S GOT ASTHMAAAAAAAAA.

Ya know, all of Norman's co stars seem to think he's the bees knees, and DK apparently called him "gentle", and he's got fans swooning on tumblr . . . I don't get the attraction at all, but maybe he's got hidden depths?*

*amazeballs bedroom skillz

But yeah, meeting up as exes to work practical stuff out is all dandy, but letting yourselves get papped while doing so is weird as fuck to me. I mean yes, it's good to show "hey, we are still amicable" . . . but he's all glower-y and strange and she is gesticulating and naggy and neither of them are hitting the right balance of "amicable laughing friends who still care but not like care care, at least not like that anymore".

That last line is weird. We will never be entirely free!

Comment

• Hah! I feel like neither of them could argue with the accuracy of that caption.

Comment

• I was cracking up over his smoking! I immediately sent it to diesel!
        Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Hi Everyone,

First time posting. I had no place else to talk about JJ and DK, except in the comment section of the Daily Mail (LOL). So, I really welcome a community like this being available. I translated sections of Diane's Grazia interview. There were other parts to it where she talked about her favorite co-star (Dennis Hopper) and being too trusting in her private life. I didn't try to translate that, just the more substantive comments. It could be that most of this interview was completed before they announced their separation. Maybe the only new question was the one about the announcement itself. Even so, I think the fact that neither the magazine nor Diane (when she posted the magazine cover on IG) said that the comments in the magazine were now outdated and that her "love" was in the past tense, is interesting.

I have to say that my personal read on the whole situation is that they aren't any more together or separated now than they have been for the last year or so. I think they announced the separation more because of the cheating publicity renewed by Tuscany than because they both decided it was definitely over. Forever. For good. Never Going Back Again (Yes, I'm a Lindsey Buckingham fanatic!).

In one of her Sky interviews when she talked about the longevity of their relationship (SMH) she said that both partners have to be ready. I think they just got into a situation where due to anger and hurt feelings, they were never both ready to work it out at the same time. They alternated roles. When one of them was feeling forgiving, the other one was feeling cold and distant. And then when the other one was ready to give it a try, the other one had moved away.

I just saw that clearer picture from Italy a couple of days ago. She looks self-conscious. Michele

Grazia Magazine

It's the Paris heatwave and even the swimming pool at the house where our photo shoot is located is too hot to get into. But even in this landscape, sailing through the heat haze, Diane Krueger poses with the airy grace of a bird in a long dress, a fuzzy coat, in a tree, also. We have said it for years, but today it strikes us more than ever: what if 40 was the most beautiful age for a woman and not only physically.

The series the Bridge, the films Sky, and Maryland, were two years ago. The actress who celebrated her birthday a few days earlier, tends towards more complex roles such as the exciting Infiltrator in which she starred with Bryan Cranston (the genial teacher and Breaking Bad meth dealer). She plays agent Kathy Ertz, who in the 80s helped her partner Bob Mazur convict 85 drug lords and an international bank. A film inspired by the largest undercover operation in history in the Medellin cartel and that will open the next Deuville festival.

'I look at the Narcos series and Pablo Escobar. This is a myth,' enthuses Diane, as she joins us in the shade between two pictures to discuss: unpublished experiences, dangerous friendships, the way in which she manages her private life when she's a public personality (her recent separation with actor Joshua Jackson after a ten year relationship has moved eternal romantics worldwide.

When you're an undercover agent, one must invent a life, including a private life, which is not necessarily easy for your real spouses to live with. It's like a relationship between actors. How do you manage it daily?

Diane: It's not necessarily the love scenes that are difficult, especially when you aren't on the same plateau and one partner is foreign to the other's world. I hate to go on my lover's sets. The team is united. It is a workplace in its own bubble. Sometimes, I find one feels excluded.

There is never jealousy?

Diane: It depends. If it is Monica Bellucci with your man, I think you say, 'Shit!' You have to trust that nothing is going to happen, because you don't have much choice. (laughs)

It's even more difficult if one of them is not in the industry.

It has been a long time since I have been with someone who is not in the industry. So, I'm not really aware. Perhaps, I should do a test. I don't know (laughs).

[She is asked why she embraces social media, when many performers avoid it]

Diane: I like instagram, because it's still images. There is an artistic approach. I don't agree that it has to be selfies. It can be art. Art, funny moments, quotes, I find that for once it represents who I am in the rough. I'm not dressed up every day in a photo session! It's also a way to become known more honestly. There are obvious things I would not share with the public, pictures of my friends, of my love, but at the same time I have nothing to hide. I just try to be myself.

Does it seem normal to you to issue a press release to announce a romantic separation?

Diane: You know, I take the advice that is given to me.

[She talks about the movie that the german director wrote for her, Out of Nowhere.]

Diane: I freaked out. A dead character is so far away from me. It's unexpected, but I have imagined that someone might think of me for such a role.

The girl is tattooted with a different hair color, a different build. There will be a real physical transformation. The story is about the German Turkish conflict, a plot that is based on real facts. Usually, people were not offering me roles as tough as this one. I finally feel that I am entering a beautiful age.

[she talks about turning 40 and getting more complex roles]

I am in New York a lot right now. I listen to a lot of punk rock.Maybe unconsciously I'm also beginning a change of life.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Lynn866; 08-18-2016, 06:27 PM.

Comment

• Oh, nice. Welcome and thank you for the translation!

I have to say that my personal read on the whole situation is that they aren't any more together or separated now than they have been for the last year or so. I think they announced the separation more because of the cheating publicity renewed by Tuscany than because they both decided it was definitely over.
            That feels right now that you say it that way, yes.

Yes, I'm a Lindsey Buckingham fanatic!
            Double welcome, and if you ever feel like dishing gossip about Fleetwood Mac, I am SURE there is an eager audience for it here.

Comment

• Originally posted by vanessa View Post
              Oh, nice. Welcome and thank you for the translation!

That feels right now that you say it that way, yes.

Double welcome, and if you ever feel like dishing gossip about Fleetwood Mac, I am SURE there is an eager audience for it here.
              Thank you. Oh wow. Back in 1997 when The Dance came out, we were all sure Lindsey and Stevie had rekindled their romance but couldn't be together because his girlfriend (now wife) got pregnant. We interpreted all of their song lyrics, trying to find clues. Now that they're in they're late sixties, I've kinda had to let that ship go. I guess JJ and DK fans are lucky that, for better or worse, this torture probably won't last 20 more years. Thanks for letting me post.

Comment

• Great to have a new poster, even if this ship has probably now sailed! I've seen your comments on the Mail articles and often agreed with your readings of their situation.

We've seen that things have been a bit rocky over the past year or so but I did get the feeling that The J, at least, felt they'd got to an okay place before he left for the Philippines and was surprised at the scandal. His demeanour before that trip and after has changed so drastically. In all the pap strolls he's looked so pissed off and the latest ones were him acting out I think. It's almost funny how sulky he is looking in them in contrast to how happy/relaxed he's looked in other professional and candid pics lately. Are these latest ones of them together prearranged pap shots? The only reason I can imagine for him to agree to that would be to show they are still friendly - and he looks anything but!
                Last edited by Laura; 08-19-2016, 02:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Laura View Post
                  Great to have a new poster, even if this ship has probably now sailed! I've seen your comments on the Mail articles and often agreed with your readings of their situation.

We've seen that things have been a bit rocky over the past year or so but I did get the feeling that The J, at least, felt they'd got to an okay place before he left for the Philippines and was surprised at the scandal. His demeanour before that trip and after has changed so drastically. In all the pap strolls he's looked so pissed off and the latest ones were him acting out I think. It's almost funny how sulky he is looking in them in contrast to how happy/relaxed he's looked in other professional and candid pics lately. Are these latest ones of them together prearranged pap shots? The only reason I can imagine for him to agree to that would be to show they are still friendly - and he looks anything but!
                  I gather she wasn't happy that he even went to the Philippines just then. So, he knew there'd be trouble, but not that. I think he would have just written that straddling off as alcohol-related, but the problems continued. As you said, the change in him has been marked. Even in the Smart People photos, you could tell he wasn't himself. In fact, he looked more natural in the candid shot taken through the glass, when he had his arms around her inside of the party, than he did in their posed shots. He's been unhappy when seen with her all year, except that one time just before she left for France, when he had his arms around her and looked playful, but she wasn't.

I think they will keep being seen together in California just because he's stayed in West Hollywood and hasn't returned to Topanga. You know, I find it interesting that it's the more reputable sources like People, TMZ and Just Jared who are putting the question mark around the question of them being "just friends." Just Jared said a source 'claimed' they were just friends. The other sites are running with misleading headlines but saying, 'don't get your hopes up. When they announced the break up they said they would remain friends and this is just proof of that.' But the sites that get info directly from the celebrities are the ones who seem to be going, "Hmmm. Do we believe that?"

Comment

• But the sites that get info directly from the celebrities are the ones who seem to be going, "Hmmm. Do we believe that?"

Well, you might be onto something. Maybe their reps don't know what the hell is going on/going to happen either, so they are trying to prepare us for ANYTHING.

Moving The Daily Mail stuff over here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...g-romance.html

They announced the end of their decade-long relationship last month.

But Diane Kruger and Joshua Jackson packed on the PDA as the former Dawson Creek actor dropped off the leading lady to LAX airport on Friday.

The former couple were spotted tenderly embracing as Joshua, 38, lifted the 40-year-old starís luggage to the pavement in Los Angeles.

Earlier this month, Diane spoke of how she's doing at the moment during an interview with People.

'It's all good ... all good,' she said.

The Disorder actress also revealed that she's single, but is open to the idea of dating.

'If you have a suggestion, let me know?' she said jokingly.

I MIGHT HAVE A SUGGESTION FOR YOUUUUUU.

Comment

• Of course, this insta pic from two days ago does suggest that they are ovah:

It's you and me kiddo

A photo posted by Diane Kruger (@dianekruger) on

In which case all we've got from the airport is the kind of affectionate goodbye with lingering chemistry that says hey we'll always have that cucumber in Paris . . . *sob*.

Shove over and make room on the 'maybe they can still work things out someday' train, Issie and Laa.

Comment

• At the very least, he wasn't scowling anyway. So, that's good. It looks like things are in "kind" mode. When they kissed, he looked like he was going for her cheek, not the mouth. So, it's brotherly, right? "It's all platonic here. Nothing to see. Move along." LOL.

I loved Diane's Instagram last night about why did she put it on flight mode. I took the question as meaning, this phone that has been ringing that she finally found again. Why had she turned it off or made it flee in the first place. We know she likes to play with us on IG and she probably doesn't mean any % of what she seems to mean, but I was thrilled about that last night.

Last edited by Lynn866; 08-20-2016, 11:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ophy View Post
                          Of course, this insta pic from two days ago does suggest that they are ovah:
                          Maybe the skull was supposed to represent Josh.

Last edited by Lynn866; 08-20-2016, 11:46 PM.

Comment

• You don't need to sign your posts.

and I take that airport photo op as: We're still fucking sometimes.

IN other news, I saw Norman Reedus in Chicago today and he is JUST as greasy in person as he appears in pics. He was very gracious with fans and waved and whatnot. He hugged a lot of peeps over the autograph table, which I always think is sweet.

I mean, I also saw MULDER AND SCULLY AND SAW THEM TOUCH AND THAT WAS SORT OF A BIGGER DEAL TO ME.
                            Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• With Los Angeles traffic what it is, when you drive someone to the airport that's a big deal. I mean it's like 4 hours of your life. It's got to mean something, especially when you could have just told them to use their doggone Uber app.

Yes, time was when Mulder and Scully touching was everything. Even as recently as I Want To Believe, the clinches sent me soaring. But not so much in the reboot. I have never seen them in person. But I did see GA in a play in England: What the Night is For.

My take is, DK thought she played nice and contrite by spending 20 days or so in NY while he was doing Smart People and she thought that was enough to be forgiven, but it wasn't. Then, she got mad and indignant that she was being kept in limbo and got to the point where she didn't even care if the relationship ended. (If it comes let it; if it goes let it). And she basically gave Josh an ultimatum right on IG. Posting a photo that basically said (to me), "I've paid my dues and you're still mad. So, I am leaving Topanga behind and heading for The Affair". So, she follows through and goes to Tuscany. It creates a flurry on the internet and drew a bigger line in the sand than she ever intended and it led to their making their split announcement. But now ... I think they're working their way back, maybe even in therapy again. Whenever she returns from vacation, I bet she heads right back to NY, while he's filming, which is some place she never wanted to be when they actually were together. And I predict he'll be flying to Los Angeles on weekends, just like he did when they were together.

Of course, I guess she'll have to leave to do her movie in a few weeks, so they won't even be on the same continent. But when they are ...

Comment

• Reedus still feels like a symptom rather than a cause. I think he's an okay guy who was there at a time when DK was feeling like her relationship was hard work but I object to him largely for shallow and biased reasons.

I'm giving up trying to work out what's going on from picture assumption and insta posts on the whole but I'm going to take the airport pics as closure, for the time being, on the relationship because that's what I need just now. If they get back together in due course hopefully it'll be for good as they're both getting a bit old for all this teenage shit.

Comment

Working...
                                X