Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DK and The J Fangirling: Who Knew It Would Last This Long?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• While false memories are fairly common, they usually happen on an individual basis and not among witnesses to the same event. When people, be they witnesses to an event, spouses or siblings share memories, you will find that false memories occurring around events where they were all present is very rare. That is not to say that witnesses don't perceive the same things differently. They do.

As for watching S3, I intend to watch until JJ is no longer on the show. I am in it for him.

Comment

• There's a thread for The Affair in the television section if you guys want to carry on discussing it - the thread could do with some love.

I'm hoping from all this that DK is in New York such a lot for Reedus? It really is starting to look like The J has moved on and the airport farewell was exactly that. I genuinely wish DK well but she's exhausting.

Comment

• boots.jpg

From Josh's IG.

Yes, Norman's fans are very good at trying to link his whereabouts to Diane's. Although he's been in NY this week (US Open and now fan events in Brooklyn), most of the time he's not in NY enough to justify her being there sooo much. I mean, she's now there a lot more often than Reedus is. And what I thought was curious is that her flights from NY to Los Angeles and back did correspond to Josh's.

I was surprised that after the Jimmy Choo event, she didn't show up at any NYFW shows. I was sure she would. She's been keeping a low profile.

I don't know what she's doing. I hope she returns to Germany soon. She's ruined whatever good vibes the airport hug left me with.
        Last edited by Lynn866; 09-13-2016, 01:21 PM.

Comment

• I don't care that people don't like DK but the ways in which y'all are dragging her are kinda weird for me.

There's a lot of fanfic-style spec here, and that's fine, too, I guess, but there's zero evidence that the relationship was over before while they were filming Sky. It seriously doesn't make sense.

Things can be rocky for a long time in a long-term relationship before anybody has the strength to call it. All I know is she hooked up with NR at some point and she and Josh were never really able to get it back together after that. Whether he did it first (I would believe that--he's a dirty bird from way back) or not is impossible to know at this point. But she and Josh CERTAINLY continued to do things together and were spotted together, even looking like they were coupled. Not that often, but still. And there were photos of him with his arms all over her just days before the breakup announcement. And then again at the airport. Seems to me that they had a long, slow disentangling for a whole host of reasons, not the least of which is that it's hard to breakup with someone you've been with and own stuff with and whatnot for over a decade.

Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• So, even though Maura is nominated for an Emmy, the odds are that Josh probably won't attend, right? That's a bummer. Because that would be a great way to get more clues. If Josh goes to Los Angeles for the Emmys, I'll be dying to see if DK is coincidentally seen in Los Angeles too (assuming she's not in Hamburg again by then).

Comment

• She's ruined whatever good vibes the airport hug left me with.
              Cause she's only good when she's hugging the right guy? I genuinely do not get what you're saying here.

She's having a tough time with the break-up and has gone a little extra emo on us. She's always had that tendency,and IMO everybody is entitled to a freak-out stage after a big breakup. The J is not perfect either; you don't think him sitting outside drinking with his coworker for 12 hours was an emo freakout designed to get back to her? Think about how we know that - somebody called the paps there, and somebody sat still for it, for hours.

Comment

• No, my comment had nothing to do with whether or not DK is "good." I just thought it was a nice close to the relationship. A sweet coda. They don't have to be friends, inviting each other to barbecues on the fourth of July. But it was nice to think they ended it warmly, with the embrace. As she wrote on IG "never look back in anger." There was the suggestion that whatever hard feelings they've experienced over the last difficult months, they had gotten over them. I also liked it because they looked playful and friendly with each other that day, when they looked very tense on the walk to the liquor store, so I really did get the impression that they had cleared the air by the time he took her to the airport.

Then, after the airport feels that left things in a good place, there are seemingly planted tabloid articles saying (1) he longs to have her back, she always wore the pants in the relationship and he is devastated by the loss, and(2) he was always a creep, cheated on her, and held back her career because of his jealousy and her friends are tired of her getting the blame. Followed by her Guardian interview. That is what destroyed the good vibes the airport hugs left me with. I had always thought that when they broke up they would do it privately and classily, without a lot of fingerpointing.

As for Gemma, where that restaurant is located, I don't think anyone had to call the paps there. That's a place where the paps naturally hang out. Lots of celebrities frequent The Bowery, period. But, to your point, was Joshua aware that he would probably get photographed with Ruth? I'm sure he was. If he did it to taunt her, that's fine. It's not the equivalent of badmouthing her or the relationship.

Comment

• edit.jpg

This is moot now that they've announced a break up, but thinking about her move to NY, I wanted to post the two different versions of The Edit where she first talked about renting that apartment. A screen cap of the original Edit is below. Diane complained that that version was inaccurate because she didn't move to NY to move in with her boyfriend and then The Edit revised it.

ORIGINAL::

She may look unruffled, but the actress is in the middle of upheaval. "I just moved [to New York] this week," she says. "I need to unpack and buy some house stuff, like candles and books". For the past five years Kruger has lived between Paris and Vancouver, where her long-term boyfriend, actor Joshua Jackson was filming a TV series. Jackson's Off Broadway stage debut in Smart People las month was the catalyst for this latest move. "[Moving here] was a major commitment. That's a big step into adulthood for me, to allow that time for someone else out of my time," she admits.

REVISED:

The revised version is here: https://www.net-a-porter.com/magazine/341/12

The actress may look unruffled, but she is currently in the middle of upheaval. “I've just moved in [to an apartment in New York] this week,” she says. “I still need to unpack and buy some house stuff, like candles and books.” For 10 years, Kruger and her long-term boyfriend, actor Joshua Jackson,have relocated around the world for their alternate work projects, in an attempt not to spend huge swathes of time apart. “[Deciding to take it in turns] was a major commitment,” admits Kruger. “That was a big step for me, allowing that time for someone else out of my time.”

Comment

• Originally posted by vanessa View Post
                    Cause she's only good when she's hugging the right guy? I genuinely do not get what you're saying here.

She's having a tough time with the break-up and has gone a little extra emo on us. She's always had that tendency,and IMO everybody is entitled to a freak-out stage after a big breakup. The J is not perfect either; you don't think him sitting outside drinking with his coworker for 12 hours was an emo freakout designed to get back to her? Think about how we know that - somebody called the paps there, and somebody sat still for it, for hours.
                    Eh-no one had to call the paps-they hang out there. Do I think he cared if they got shots of them together-nope I do not. Did he and Ruth go there to stick it to DK-doubt it but also I do not think he cared if she did get mad. It looked like a wine and bitch session and wicked fun and did it have the added bonus of pissing her off Obviously as her lashing out in the tabs and interviews show. But dragging the ex never looks good-unless it is a Johnny Depp/Amber Heard situation. Whatever the situation behind the scenes-she got caught being indiscreet more than once and unfortunately for her that gets her the flack. And honestly-the airport pictures were good for both of them as it made it look like they were in a good place so I guess I was surprised at her reaction to the Ruth thing. I mean it sucks when the ex moves on but if you are really the one who dumped them and are happy to be with your new love interest-why even respond other than with the pap pictures in Miami. Of course it could mean they are both not over it and being petty in the media is how she shows it while he goes and surfs and hangs with all his hot actress friends. Guess time will tell.

I am hoping she got it out of her system and goes and does more like this: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...l=rss&ns_c ampaign=1490&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium =twitter

Now that is how you win the break up. Much better. Though pro tip-do not keep looking at the paps like you are making sure they are there. Otherwise-good job.
                    The 40-year-old and 32-year-old enjoyed some of the best the Big Apple has to offer, as they had wine and appetizers at SoHo's The Butcher's Daughter, the grabbed a nightcap at Ear Inn, a local staple bar.

Comment

• Oooh la la. That looks like the same outfit she had on in the fire escape photo from yesterday, too. Then, they hugged good bye. Now, these shots are very natural. You are right, they are 100% improvement over the beach shots.

Comment

• My point is that I find it tiresome when women get all the blame for whatever happened in a relationship, and their motives are made out to be more suspicious than a man's. You should not call her petty but let him off the hook. But whatever, I don't have interest in further arguing with you.

And seriously, if you are going to post pictures, learn to put in the big ones. It's not that hard.

Comment

• I think the pics are posting small because the URL is being added as an attachment.
                          Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• \

I don't know about anyone else, but for me, I'm not new to forums, but I'm used to a very outdated version of Vbulletin and posting pictures is a little different here. I get my functions confused from one forum to the next. There are several ways you can do it here and I always forget which one results in the big photos, but I think I'm learning.
                            DandG2.jpg DandG3.jpg

DandG.jpg

Comment

• I'm annoyed with them both for splitting and, in an already shitty year, ruining my certainty over the strength of their relationship. Yes, it's all about me. I don't believe she's any more to blame than him, it's just she's not handling it well and I want her to do better. Also, her hanging around in NY is confusing and unsettling as it means they are keeping close but not together, so it's leaving the chance of reconciliation in the air when there may be none.

Shallowly, I don't like the way Reedus looks and yes, the fun date-like pics in the DM with the much-less-greasy-looking guy is a definitely a better way to go than emo solo drinking ones. I'm glad she's waited a little while before doing that following the Ruth drinking binge photos as it would have looked like a straight tit-for-tat.

I agree about the learning to post pictures better, please try harder new people - I'm too lazy to log in all the time to see content.

Comment

• Originally posted by vanessa View Post
                                My point is that I find it tiresome when women get all the blame for whatever happened in a relationship, and their motives are made out to be more suspicious than a man's.
                                I do have to agree with that (and it's pretty common IMO). I do think she may have been a passive aggressive at times and it's not a great look but other than that if she wants to be positive about it (which I still kinda feel she's been trying to do sometimes and good for her) or she wants to be emo, whatever, that's her right. I do think she's a bit OTT at times (too much fire escape for my liking) but that's not entirely new and to each their own. He may or may not have been baiting her but whether the paps were called or not, they certainly had the option to leave or go inside so, who knows really. But in the end, no matter what anyone thinks, both of them have the right to feel their feels. Break ups are shit, doesn't matter what happened, whether it's acrimonious or there's cheating or your in the public eye or not or whether you're male or female, they are still shit.

Comment

Working...
                                X