Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DK and The J Fangirling: Who Knew It Would Last This Long?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Her shit talking his car was the best because you know The J was all proud of the fact that he drove a beat up POS that Shumba had slobbered all over for years. No doubt, there was like an empty box of condoms thrown in the back seat. I can not imagine how grossed out she must have been. Truly, DK must have been the first woman he ever had to actually TRY for.

Here's the Honey Boo Boo part. Link
    And the date part. Link
    Last edited by IssieCol; 09-18-2013, 01:33 PM.

Comment

• I think she's the first adult he ever dated. I mean, she's only two years older than him but living in the Creek daze and then being a transient boy who starred in shit indies nobody saw? Left him ill-prepared for adult life. His house in Wilmy was straight-up BUSTED. It had a cracked front window and a lawn chair ON THE ROOF.

/not that I saw it personally ahem/
      Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• That's the thing, though! For SURE she was the first, but he knew this and made fancy dinner reservations! Oh, I pray there was a pizza slice or a half-eaten sub sitting on the hood.

Now the lawn chair makes me think his life in Wilmy was basically a season of Workaholics.
        Last edited by LaaLaa; 09-18-2013, 01:57 PM.

Comment

• By the way she's telling this story, you can tell they've had fakey arguments about whether or not he actually asked her out on a date. I was able to avoid that man-child 20s bullshit guys pull where they're like, "So I'll maybe call you later and we'll hang out or whatever" as a way of asking you out, but it would not surprise me one bit if that was The J's version of asking a girl out on a date back then. BUT! DK is also a straight up LIAR because as far as I can tell from her personality? If she really had not been interested in going out with The J, no WAY she would have been conned or guilted into that fakey date, no matter how sorry she felt for him. She would have been polite and told him she had other plans that night, which she CLAIMS to have had. I see you, GURL.

Comment

• I'm guessing she felt he was tedious but might be fun to sex with? And I'd bet she's right.
            Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• DK sure doesn't care how The J's fangirls perceive her, the reactions to the interview have been amusing me today, namely outrage at her disrespect of him.

I'm sure a lot of people don't appreciate what a schlubby slut he was back then but mostly I think they just don't get it. They're such an established, boringly happy couple now that she has to go all that way back to find funny stories about him/them and there's probably only a few she can safely tell.

She is a princess, after all and I'm sure she likes to debunk the widespread belief that he's perfect in every way (gotta get on your nerves!). That being said I hope it's the last time we hear about the date, it's wearing a bit thin, even for me.

Comment

• I think I read an interview where she related the story, so I enjoyed hearing her tell it. But it is coming close to the 'childhood house in Topanga' level of repetitiveness. I mostly blame the talk shows, who probably look to old interviews to plan their discussions.

I don't know any of my girlfriends who don't trash-talk their guys--lovingly, of course. It's practically the whole purpose of getting together for a few glasses of wine.

Comment

• 'Schlubby slut' -- ha! I love that story because it also allows her to pat herself on the back for how she's transformed him. He's come so far! From old--burrito-left-under-the-seat to spiffy Vespa!

She *should* be proud, that's only fair.

Comment

• Guys, no one in the whole wide webz appreciates The Dirty like we do.

And I'm with you, Corey. It's like all relationship questions have to have been asked in 2006.

Comment

• I watched that and it was clear to me that she was describing him with affection.

Comment

• They're back in NYC so I'm guessing that means he starts filming this week. There have been several sightings of other cast members shooting scenes mostly in Brooklyn, but The J's character is supposed to be a ranch dude so anything he films in the city would probs be studio stuff. Anyway, it looks like he's growing his beard out and he looks good. I also need DK's pajama blouse in my closet.

JJ

DM

Comment

• Well, I'm gonna wear my shorty-short pocket-showing Britney cutoffs as long as DK says it's okay.

Um, you think The J has an accent in this new 'ness? Because

Comment

• I think this cowboy is from Long Island, right?

I realize there are horse ranches in New York, just as there are in Massachusetts. But the "cowboy" label really throws me. I've never heard it used before in an East Coast reference. Of course the horse farm areas near me in MA are all about playing polo and sipping champagne on Sunday afternoons.

Comment

• From NYC area and NO ONE refers to any ranchers on the east coast as cowboys and Corey you are right most are stupid rich anyway especially on Long Island. Back to my holiday.

Comment

• I hope The J doesn't try to talk with an accent. I flove him and even I would cringe at that. Suffer silently! You're good at it. He will also be mourning another dead daughter on this show so all that practice with Etta Bishop should be helpful. Hopefully, the daddy/daughter flashback scenes will have 100% less sexual chemistry, though.

I think he's working now so DK threw on a gown (as she does), and went to the opera by herself. It's Prabal, it's fine, whatever. She looks nice, but my brain's not breaking over this. Bonus points for pockets, I guess.Link

Comment

Working...
                                X