Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DK and The J Fangirling: Who Knew It Would Last This Long?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the plus side, DK looked gorgeous in that interview, but other than that CF must like her, why was she on? The whole thing felt a bit forced, awkward and...weirdly...dull. She needs to find some new interview material, I think. To be fair, she was probably in dire need of a ciggy to relax her before going on. Or maybe I have DK interview-fatigue.

If she really is afraid of flying, it makes it even more impressive that she'd do so much of it just to see The J for a short time.

Very much looking forward to some more loved-up pics soon then, if The J is now free.
    Last edited by Laura; 10-06-2013, 05:08 AM.

Comment

• That's why I was so surprised to see she'd be on the show. She didn't have any reason to be on since The Bridge's finale was the night before her CF appearance and she didn't really promote anything during the interview. She talked a little about the show, but they didn't even say when it aired or what network it was on which is pretty standard info. I suspect he might have had a cancellation from another guest or something and DK could have been filling in last minute. A few other things made me think this was hurriedly arranged: (1) her schedule that I posted had a really detailed account of her promotional appearances and photo shoots through the middle of October and while her CF thing from a couple of months ago was listed, this one wasn't, (2) DK pulled out a random repeat outfit from her closet for it which she's never done before for a televised interview. She always wears something brand new. And (3) the fact that the interview was kind of random and rambling also makes me think they didn't do a pre-interview and that she just showed up before taping. Usually CF tapes a week or so in advance. Like the last time she was on, they were announcing it on Twitter and had a press release about it so people knew to look out for it, but none of that happened this time.

Wow, sorry so long! I didn't mean for that to happen. Anyway, they went to a party at the Hammer Museum yesterday and so far I've only been able to find this picture. Um, is his character gonna have that fro? 'Cause it's not the best. And DK busted out her cleav for this so there's also that. Her dress is a C+.

Comment

• It looks like you can accidentally see her bra. Bizarre effect.

And if he rocks that hair on that show I'm out unless he gets dirty sex scenes.
        It’s just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Hmmm, not loving that hair either, and DK looks like she thought the invite was for a tarts and vicars party, but at least they're out and about together again.

Comment

• Jared has a few more pics and I'm laughing at their faces in these pictures because they both look like they'd rather be getting root canals in the middle of a war zone than to be at this party. The J's face in the 2nd pic is like, "If I'm not home in my boxers on the couch in an hour, I will unleash HELL up in this museum and embarrass errybody." The FF girls say tickets were expensive and they were maybe part of a table so it's possible they felt like they had to go if they'd previously agreed to show up. The event was to honor people they don't even know as far as I can tell from their work histories. The blurb:

GALA IN THE GARDEN
            On Saturday, October 5, 2013, the Hammer Museum will celebrate and honor two extraordinary individuals— artist Robert Gober and playwright Tony Kushner—at our 11th Gala in the Garden. Acclaimed artist Charles Ray and award-winning actress Viola Davis will both offer tributes to their friends Bob and Tony, respectively. We are thrilled to have the generous support of Bottega Veneta and that their Creative Director, Tomas Maier, will co-chair the event with our friends Rita Wilson & Tom Hanks.
            The evening includes a viewing of current exhibitions and cocktails followed by a seated dinner, catered by Suzanne Goin of Lucques, in the outdoor courtyard.

Comment

• Allison McNamara ‏@allisonmcnamara 21h
              One of those cool LA moments where you're house hunting next to Diane Kruger and Joshua Jackson
              Interesting! Allison works for PopSugar and does YT vids about celeb fashion. She's done dozens of videos about DK so she'd know her if she saw her. Maybe they're upgrading? Putting both their names on one house? The Hollywood house is DK's, but she bought it when Fringe moved to Vancouver so she could stay close to The J and still work in LA. It's also possible they're just tired of photographers having such close access to their current house.

Comment

• Hah! Congrats on that glorious humblebrag, Allison! Anyway, maybe they're in the market for something more...kid friendly? God, they turn me into an annoying grandma.

That red dress with the weird boobage hurts my heart! It's some wrong, uncomfortable-looking cray. Who is responsible for saggy satin over a sticky bra?

Comment

• Oooh! A baby friendly house! LOVES IT.

Is that dress red? It looks like cayenne pepper-y to me. No matter the color, it is TURRIBLE.

Comment

• The red dress is Jonathan Saunders who was also responsible for this dress, another one that I didn't like on her. His stuff isn't all that bad and there were a bunch of better alternatives from the same collection that she could have gone with, but maybe when she bought it, she figured in the fact that The J had been working all week and hadn't seen her so she got something bright, tight, and short that oomphed up her tittays for him. She could have gone with this and I would've liked it better.

I ran across this while looking for the green dress. The J's so nice, y'all. Even when he doesn't remember meeting you, he's still forever polite about it.

Comment

• I liked that greenish Saunders, but that red is horrid.

Comment

• You don't think that Allison was looking at a house next to DK and The J rather than that they were moving? I wasn't sure which way she meant it.
                        Last edited by Laura; 10-08-2013, 03:27 AM.

Comment

• That's a possibility, too, but I figured she'd have to know they lived next to wherever she was looking and it didn't seem as likely as her just spotting them on a house tour or something.

The J's been seen in Vancouver today so I'm guessing he's home for Canadian Thanksgiving. No DK sightings yet, but she's flown in from across the world to be with him for Thanksgiving before so she'll probably show up at some point. She's supposed to go to Brazil for a week on the 18th and I can't imagine why he wouldn't go with her. Free vacation and all.

ETA: DM has some interview snippets from her C Magazine article and she talks about wanting to raise kids in Paris. Nothing really new, but it's interesting that she still holds on to the dream of moving back to Paris in the near future when all signs point to them being very settled in LA.
                          Last edited by IssieCol; 10-08-2013, 06:45 PM.

Comment

• They went grocery shopping again

link

she talks about wanting to raise kids in Paris
                            I have trouble imagining The J bringing kids up in Paris but I guess he'll do whatever it takes.

Comment

• He's spent years following DK around Paris and hanging with Uncle Karl, so surely he must be somewhat comf there by now, even if he's not fluent. And like you said, she is the boss of him 5ever. The real question is: Are there hockey games he can take dreambabies to in Paris?

If his hair stays moppy for the cowboy show, I'm already kind of bitter about it.

Comment

• I haven't been on as many grocery trips a year as they do in a month.
                                It’s just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

Working...
                                X