Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DK and The J Fangirling: Who Knew It Would Last This Long?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We go maybe four or five times a week to get groceries, b/c we have to go to at least four places to get all the different stuff we eat. But! We are a family of four and they ain't.

(also, one of us is vegetarian, one has 20 different food intolerances, one only eats foods that are white in color, and one eats every freaking thing in the world up to and including things that are not food.)

Comment

• Remind me not to have you guys over for dinner Although since dinner is usually something eaten out of a container I guess you could just pick whatever floated your boats off the extensive Chinese take-out menu. A pile of white rice and a side of steamed vegetables?
      Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Isn't it a European thing to go to market every day and get the freshest food for din-din, or am I just watching too much Anthony Bourdain?

Comment

• Yeah, it does sound very Euro to me.

Remind me not to have you guys over for dinner
          We are a nightmare.

But we know we are a nightmare, so we bring our own food anywhere we show up . . . and if someone invites us for dinner, we gently suggest something else instead so we cause no trouble to anybody.

Comment

• DK and J are totally uppity about their food. They like to go buy groceries and eat all of it within a day or two so that everything's fresh. She's said it in an interview before. We go to the store probably 3x a week, but we also live basically across the street from the store so sometimes we go just to walk around and talk about stuff. We're boring. And then once a week or so, I make the arduous 10 minute drive to Whole Foods or Costco if we need something specific. Even with all of that grocery shopping, today I stopped by the gas station and got a wholesome and nutritious bean and beef breakfast burrito! No shame in my game.

Comment

• For some weird reason, our street is the grocery district. Within three miles on the same road we live on, we have six different grocery stores . . . but they are a variety of kinds and all have different stuff. Makes it way too easy to stop a bunch of times without thinking twice about it. And we have a Trader Joe's now!That was Grocery Store No. 6.

We do buy a fair amount of produce fresh, so from now on I'm just going to pretend we are DK and The J when mr.o and I stop anywhere.

Should prob warn everyone around us that the PDA is going to increase. And I need to find a little Greek sailor's cap and denim shorteralls.

Comment

• When I lived in Oak Park I went to the store like every day. Because Trader Joe's and Whole Foods were literally around the corner and I walked there and Starbucks.

Damn, I hate living in the far flung suburbs! *sigh* Now that I have a house I cook 1/3 as much, I swear.

That said, our grocery stores were shittay when we moved in a year ago (inexplicably so because we may not live in the super wealthy neighborhood, it is very, very close to us and I'm like: Where do those mo'fo's shop? Do they really drive the 10+ minutes to Whole Foods? And then I realized everybody drives out here so it's not a thing to go 10 minutes away.

BUT, we are getting a brand!new! Mariano's (which I guess is a regional high-end-ish chain?) about 2 miles away and it's HUGE and fancy and allegedly somebody plays a tinkly piano live while you are shopping at rush hour (at least at some locations). So I'm pretty excited about that because it has made every shit grocery store near us up its game. They are all frantically renovating. We have a disgusting Ultra store (they are SO cheap on anything packaged it is amazing; I am openly suspect of their stock because of it) that I can sneak walk to (through a park) that has done a complete overhaul this summer so that they now carry all kinds of organic dairy along with the requisite Pop Tarts.

So, yeah, come to my fancy grocery store! Bring your high prices and improved property values!
                Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Grocery stores trying to out fancy one another makes me laugh.

Another thing I am amused by? DK's baller shoe game. I looked around for those Converse hi-tops she has on in the latest grocery pics 'cause they're cute and I figured they're just All Stars so they're surely affordable. I'm DUMB, of course they're no longer available, of course they're Missoni for Converse, and of course they're 200 bucks. I will never learn.

Comment

• Didn't even know about that collaboration. Bah. Another one for the ridic DK shoe tumblr of my dreams.

I wonder which grocery store is going to add a bathroom attendant or a game-changing chandelier over the tampon aisle!

Comment

• If they put a chandelier in the tampon aisle I am moving into that store.

Comment

• DK and The J went to Madeo and they both look like they got haircuts. He for sure did, but her hair looks more like she got a blowout. It looks awesome and super voluminous. She never goes and does that on her own since she's kinda lazy about her hair. She probably had a photoshoot or something.

They've also both been confirmed to go to Brazil next week for the Chanel Little Black Jacket presentation. I'm not really sure what this is. Karl takes pics of people wearing this jacket and it's an art exhibit or something? I don't know. Fashion peeps are super self-involved. Anyway, here are the pictures DK and The J have taken. He did it the first year which makes me laugh because I feel like she was asked to do it and she was busy so she just volunteered him to take her place since she knows Uncle Karl floves him. And then she did hers a year later.

Some new videos also got put on YT including footage of him and his sad foot limping after DK while he tries to balance that big box on his head. It's the SADDEST. But also funny 'cause she's just checking her phone and walking along and at one point, she tells him to watch his step but does not ever offer to carry the box. She really would make ophy super proud. And then the other one is from Venice and he's lugging all their stuff and at one point she finally realizes that he might need help so she takes the lightest thing he's carrying from him. I love her.

Paris
                        Venice

Comment

• She really would make ophy super proud.

Those pics are PRECIOUS.

Comment

• According to her schedule she was due to go to a Chanel skincare lunch in New York on 18th October and she's flying to Brazil for some H Stern event as well on 23rd. I guess as he's going too they are making a holiday of it.

Loved the two vids, she's so in charge.

Comment

• Yeah, I thought I remembered something about a Chanel event in New York and wondered why there were no pictures. Maybe it got cancelled.

And I forgot to mention that the Chanel jacket picture of The J actually gave me a sliver of hope back in my winter of sadness. Uncle Karl took those pics during the 3 month window when there was no other news about them. And he's clearly wearing the promise ring in the picture.

ONTDIssie has the best gifs. I don't know if she makes them, but I steal them with no shame. This was from 2006 during a Holt Renfrew party at TIFF. They weren't walking red carpets together yet as they'd only been a couple for about 3 months. There aren't any pictures of them together at this event, but a photographer caught them on the escalator as they were leaving.

Comment

• Best gif ever? Y/Y.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X