Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DK and The J Fangirling: Who Knew It Would Last This Long?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't hate it, it just bums me out, man. Almost as much as it looks like it's bumming her out to be there. Here it is on the runway:

Comment

• Hmmm. I thought it was a short dress. As a long dress? I'm over the fence into 'Hating it' territory.

Comment

• It would be lovely as a short dress, I think. Detest the bottom.
        It’s just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Yeah her whole face is just like, "Meh, I shoulda worn Chanel."

She's back in Paris and went to the Bon Marche's reopening party. Only in Paris would you have a party for a fancy grocery store. Link

BON APPÉTIT: Paris department store Le Bon Marché on Monday celebrated the renovation of its La Grande Epicerie de Paris gourmet food hall with a party that drew a host of celebrity regulars.

Diane Kruger, whose Paris apartment is nearby, wandered the aisles checking out delicacies like edible scorpions encased in toffee. “I could spend hours in this space, which I actually do, to be honest with you. I buy all my Christmas food here,” said the German actress, who draws inspiration from her mother’s holiday menu.

“Usually it’s goose or duck in Germany, and then red cabbage and Klösse, which is like these potato dumplings which nobody except for me, outside of Germany, really likes — but I make it anyway,” she said.

Kruger was enjoying a European break ahead of the release next year of “The Better Angels,” a black-and-white film about Abraham Lincoln’s formative years, in which she plays the American president’s stepmother, Sarah Lincoln.

Comment

• Much bettah. She looks like she'd go to the same chic prep school as MW.

Comment

• Obviously grocery stores are super important to her so it doesn't surprise me she'd attend openings.
              It’s just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Her Paris look is usually better - love that outfit.

And The J is getting some love for his style choices:

Link

Comment

• I would like for a time traveler to go back to 2000 and find Wes and The J at Firebelly's to tell The J that in 13 years he is going to be lauded in fashion magazines as a style icon, and one half of the Best Dressed Couple of The Decade, and then capture their reactions in an Instagram video to bring here to us now.

But no, time travelers are too busy trying to find a way to kill Hitler. Bah.

ETA because I don't word good in morning cuz morning bad sleepy.
                  Last edited by ophy; 12-11-2013, 08:06 AM.

Comment

• Well, guys, that's the grocery where they're going to raise their Parisian kidlets! I'm assuming there's a daycare attached.

I imagine Past!TheJ would react with this face.

Comment

• I feel like Past!The J would indeed react with that face . . . then fall off his barstool laughing before wandering off to find a random waitress or a couple of Vietnamese gymnast twins to drag into the bathroom for a line of coke. #notsayingjustsaying

Maybe.

Comment

• I feel like The J would fall down laughing at being called a fashion icon if you gave him the news today.

This dude made a Buzzfeed of his interaction with a girl on a plane who thought he was The J. I find it hilars that celebs basically get offers to hook up from randoms on their flights. No wonder they're all such dirty whores! Who could resist all of these time and again?

Comment

• Bwa! Shit. I love that story too, too much. Nick Lavallee isn't a bad-looking dude, but this chick really must've just seen what she wanted to see.

Comment

• My BBs have been under covah forever (or like a week and half, wevs) and they've pretty much gone unpapped since they moved out of their old house. Good for them and their privacy needs, but I loved the pics from Gelson's coming at me on the regular and now I don't have those.

Someone took a pic of them yesterday and they've managed to sneak off to London without anyone finding out. It's very Bigfootesque.

And according to IMDB, The J might be in a new movie? There's been no announcement from any of the trade papers and no press release from his peeps, so who knows?

Comment

• The FF girls have been very helpful by Twitter timelining DK and The J's Euro Christmas vacation for me. It seems he met up with her in Paris after a trip to New York (maybe to visit his brother) and then they took the Eurostar to London and have been enjoying various DK/J-ish activites like long walks and fancy dinners. Behold:

Cycy ‏@CyyyCyyyy17 Dec
                              Diane Kruger on my train this morning...

Cycy ‏@CyyyCyyyy17 Dec
                              Diane Kruger on my train this morning...

Cycy ‏@CyyyCyyyy17 Dec
                              Diane Kruger & Joshua Jackson this morning as guest, i can't tell you the face that @_Lisa_Clara pulled front of them. ahah :OOOO !!

Mehmet Akseki ‏@Mehmet_Akseki17 Dec
                              Celebrity sighting: Diane Kruger at George. I can die happy now.

chriselrin ‏@swedeboy18h
                              London @ Christmas - awesome! people spotting at its finest. Rob Brydon, Martin Freeman shopping then Joshua Jackson in hotel spa(Don't ask)

Mark Cottam ‏@retroscrog16h
                              Surreal moment - just passed Joshua Jackson and Diane Kruger on a footpath.

Hannah Mercer ‏@MissHannybell14h
                              @VancityJax My friend @atomic84 met you at eurostar paris side to say i'm a bit jealous is an understatement! Hope you,re good Xx
                              The FF girls also went to the trouble of checking the profiles of these randoms for location accuracy and they all do seem to be from or in London. The first couple of tweets are from a girl who works for Eurostar. And for any other stalkers that might be interested, George is some fancy private eating club, a concept that is entirely foreign to an American like me who gets dinner @ Chipotle on the regular.

DK was also on the cover of Brazilian Harper's Bazaar and talked about buying the new house. It's in Portugese so the translation is wonky, but from what I can gather, it seems they'll be staying in Paris for a little while because the new house in L.A. might not be ready? And that she's really into vintage furniture right now and is super gung ho about shopping on 1st Dibs and One Kings Lane which cracks me up because I've seen those sites advertised all over the place and have never actually known anyone who bought anything from there. Oh, and she also says that their cat continues to be obsessed with The J, pretty much her exact words, but she laughs it off so I guess she's come to accept that she'll always come a distant second to him in kitty's life.

Scans are here. I don't love this photoshoot. Her face has been PS'ed to death, but I guess she still looks super pretty and they gave her another cat to play with so meh.

Comment

• Your FF sources actually do their due diligence on sightings?

UGH.

SO JEALOUS.

I did sign up at One King's Lane when I was thinking of redoing our living room just a smidge, but quickly realized that I can't even afford a doorknob there. Bought a couple of throw pillows off of Amazon instead like a real person.

Comment

Working...
                                X