Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DK and The J Fangirling: Who Knew It Would Last This Long?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Joshua Jackson drama The Affair." Wow, top billing? The Mighty Duck has come a long way. As for ass, the way Showtime has to compete with GoT's gratuitous boobery makes that entirely possible.

Comment

• Hurrah!

The FF girl that's in charge of his career says that the movie "The Network" is legit, too. She must know.

So, lots of The J to look forward to in 2014, including butt gifs.

Comment

• Yahoo says The Affair is a DC for grown-ups. Heh. 1) Pacey Witter will never die. 2) I'm bitter that this person has seen the trailer already.

Comment

• Waiting for Issie to tell me how this will affect The J's schedule and possible baby making plans.
          Sorry! I had to actually work kinda hard today! I just now ate lunch! Well, if you don't count the 3 GS cookies I jammed in my face on a 2 minute bathroom break, but yeah.

It'll be interesting to me to see where they film the show. They did the pilot up in the Hamptons and I can definitely see them using the same location for stuff, but there are ranches and beaches in L.A. that can surely double for the same. IIRC, DK's show was approved for the first season around this same time last year and they started shooting in April up until the end of July, I think. They'll likely follow that same schedule this year because S2 premieres this summer too. If Showtime follows a similar schedule, they could be working at the same time and for several months. That's good news if The Affair is mostly gonna shoot in L.A., but if he has to move to N.Y. for work, not only will we not have babies, we won't even get any pap shots. For like 3-4 months. Obvs, I'm hoping for the first scenario, but I'm also prepping for the possibility that after Met Ball, I won't see their faces until August. Blah.

Comment

• but if he has to move to N.Y. for work, not only will we not have babies, we won't even get any pap shots. For like 3-4 months.

I do not like this.

Comment

• Compiled at FF from Zap2It:

More from Nevins: "The Affair is a beautiful pilot," said Showtime President David Nevins. "It is an intense exploration of two marriages and the affair that disrupts them — with great acting and a very clever, deeply-observed script by the marvelously talented Sarah Treem

TV.com says they aren't releasing the trailers yet, but " There will be sex! There will be outdoor showers! There will be dramaaaaaaa!"

and the best for last:
              The Affair, which will be told separately from the male and female perspectives, demanded a cable home as the series will feature frank and unflinching depictions of sex.

Comment

• Ladies, let's be classy about this LOL J/K.

Comment

• First pic!

Comment

• Silent suffering with the sulky wife in the same frame means I'll be season passing this shit, fo' sho.

He also looks dirty hawt like old school Dirty J except older and scruffier and 1000x more stable and basically what I'm saying is

Comment

• I might need Showtime. FRANK DEPICTIONS OF SEX? ANGSTY ADULT PACEY? WB FOR GROWN-UPS.

All they need is a guest stint by La Holmes in season two (and y'all know I would no-joke pay Showtime like whoa for that).

ETA: Though "unflinching depictions of sex" feels very rape-y to me.
                      Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• If you need something to help sway you, Twitter has confirmed that the pilot does include a booty shot of The J.

Comment

• Also UNFLINCHING = sex will be DIRTAY and plates get swept off tables and glasses break and shit. The end.

Comment

• When does this shit start? Have they announced that?
                            Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• The earliest would be this fall. The Showtime programming dude said they'd be introducing it formally at the next TCAs which is sometime in late summer.

Comment

• If Dominic West gets all the sex Imma be soooo bitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X