No announcement yet.

Plecverse III: Return of The Plecverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powbrev sightings suddenly seem to be all over the place - they were seen together in Vegas last night. Can't believe there are still Nianists - Glen looks a definite step up - he looks smart, has a burgeoning career and joins in with Nina's friends. He seems to have way more personality than Ian did. Found it funny that Nina did a conservation documentary with Ocean Ramsay - isn't that the sort of thing Ian used to do.

Poor Westonkin - wonder if now not being both in the Atlanta bubble has pushed them apart.

Comment

• Literally counting down days and hours until my kids go back to school, holy beek.

Anyway . . . this is some cute randomness . . . ET Canada interviewed Glen and Zoey on set a few weeks ago, and Z's reaction to Glen's oblique referencing of Nina was adorbs:

"Canadians are wild. I like to hang out with Canadians as much as humanly possible." YES, YOU DO.

There was also lots more from JH's wedding, including a whole interview with Nina about how this was her first time as a bridesmaid:

http://people.com/style/nina-dobrev-...-hough-wedding

The star, who wore a pastel pink Marchesa bridesmaid dress, says she was one of the lucky few who knew what (two!) dresses her best friend would be wearing on the big day. “I was at all of her fittings at Marchesa and saw her every step of the way when they were designing it,” Dobrev says. “I got to be a big part of that as a spectator.”

When it came to the wedding ceremony and reception, the 28-year-old star (who recently went public with her new boyfriend Glen Powell) tips her hat off to event planner Troy Williams of Simply Troy Lifestyle + Events, who organized every detail of the weekend affair.

I should have known it was all Marchesa. Ugh.

I do kinda love the wedding cake, though:

After returning to LA, Powbrev got papped leaving Craig's in LA (double dating with Jess Szohr and Scotty McKnight):

GIANT FAKE SMILES I LOVE IT.

That's some ringmaster outfit, Neens! I keep looking for the rest of the circus.

I hope this is a trend, for reals. (Hanging out at pap friendly venues, not wackadoodle ringmaster suits).

Then Powbrev Did Vegas! . . . w/Demi Lovato, Nick Jonas, and Wiz Khalifa:

At Demi's concert, I think:

Glen and his BFF Nick:

Wingmen

A post shared by Glen Powell (@glenpowell) on

And now Nina is off in NYC with Mav doing Reebok filming/shooting:

Not exactly sure how I feel about her airplane attire, hmmm.

But hey, if I had those abs, holy beek. I'd never wear a full shirt again, tbh.

Nina's rebranding of herself as an active, sporty, fitness guru was definitely smart. Much more money in that kind of thing than in 'party girl on a coke boat with British reality stars and handbag designers and Leo's exes'.

Glen didn't go to NYC with her this time, he is Lonestarring it back home with the folks. Every redblooded American male needs to go back home occasionally to see his monkey and his kangaroo, I guess.

Okay, Melwood. did some stuff . . .

They went to SDCC, where they revealed that yeah, Mon El will return from the Phantom Zone somehow in S3. That might be why ONB didn't feel the need to do any cons this summer. He's still got a paycheck.

It was a plane full of musical theater dorks. *shudder* And they made looooots of instagram vids of them singing not so greatly.

At SDCC:

So pretty!:

They were attached at the hip as per usual.

They were separated at the autograph signing, though, and David actually offered to move so they could sit together. How annoying must they be to work with? So annoying.

Supercorpers are FULL OF HORRIBLE ANGRY ANGRINESS because of some dumb song recap of S2 that the cast (mostly just Jeremy Jordan) sang in an interview that included the lyric that Lena and Kara are only ever going to be friends . . . so now the accusations of HOMOPHOBIA!!?!! are flying thick in the air and people are ragequitting the show.

https://youtu.be/LQLU58Adtd4

I really don't know why these specific crackshippers are so weirdly entitled and irritable over every little thing. If y'all didn't hound all of the actors incessantly by insisting that two straight characters are actually gay (or that two actors are gay for each other, when they really aren't) then the cast wouldn't make jokes about your ship. The Corpers have been RELENTLESS at the harassment. Rahul Kohli did an interview after appearing in one ep about how many death threats Supercorpers sent him. He was dead serious about calling them toxic. So . . . y'all did this! You bring the mockery onto yourself.

In my day, if you shipped a crack pairing that was never ever going to happen, you stayed in your corner writing your Jen/Audrey fics and kept your damn mouth shut otherwise. Nobody owes y'all jackshit, so stop harassing them all over social media.

This is especially weird to me because Supergirl actually does have one of the genre's only solid lesbian relationships (which has been beautifully done) so why get so antagonistic because two heterosexual characters continue to be portrayed as heterosexual? It seems counterproductive to spend so much time pissing off the cast/writers of a show already working to deliver a strong LGBT couple, instead of perhaps gently prodding other shows who have no LGBT representation at all.

The Corpers even bullied Jeremy Jordan into apologizing within hours of his MAJOR OFFENSE:

U guys. I love u. I was wrong and I'm sorry. You're all amazing and valid. ❤️

A post shared by Jeremy Jordan (@jeremymjordan) on

But that wasn't enough for some people, who think he should DIE for this horrific CRIME:

But as in everything fandom related, this too shall pass. (But yes, basically Supercorpers seem like humorless assholes.)

. . . I don't think y'all want this Westonkin update. Look away, Laura!

Saw on twitter that Austin Nichols and Chloe Bennett split up (they used to double date and go on beach vacas with Westonkin).

And now . . .a lonely brokenhearted brocation?

But no! Not so lonely!

The brunette (who is soooo totally Paul's type, c'mon) is Dina Shihabi, Paul's co-star from that indie he did a couple of years ago, Amira and Sam. She also starred with Phoebe in a short film, Cul-de-Sac.

Phoebe liked two of Dina's pics of Paul from the vaca . . .

. . . AND THEN UNFOLLOWED HER. I can't tell if this was a "I'm happy that y'all are happy and want to make sure you knew that, but no offense, I don't want to see my ex-boo with someone else so Imma calmly bow out" or if it was more "I just want you to know that I SEE YOU FUCKERS".

Paul almost immediately posted this:

My two best buds/ traveling adventure buddies.

A post shared by Paul Wesley (@paulvedere) on

"buddies". Okay, maybe so. Maybe they really are just 'buddies', and not of the fuck variety, whatever you say, PDubs

Phoebe was looking fab with her post-breakup hair at SDCC this weekend:

(side note: I wonder if ONB and Riley ran into each other at all.)

Despite all of the social media weirdness, Phoebe doesn't seem like she's going out of her way to avoid JoMo or his missus:

So badly want to know what went down. WHAT WENT DOWN.

Just seems weird to see Phoebe at SDCC without Paul. That should be Paul in that rickshaw!

None of this is a good sign for Fighting For Love, ya know? Starting to think we've got no shot at Westonkin 3.0.

I literally hate Australia SO FUCKING MUCH.

Sea Otter Climate Change Somerhalder-Reed hasn't made his or her appearance yet. But soon, I assume:

And just because cute boys singing to each other is always on topic, here's David Anders at SDCC singing Oh Danny Boy to The Gillies:

Now that is some quality content that I think we can all agree on.
      Last edited by ophy; 07-24-2017, 03:31 PM.

Comment

• It's not so much the breakup itself as the previously so happy, loved up Westonkin pics I can't deal with. And def no bike riding pics!

I saw that speculation over the Dina post and thought yes, she's v much his type. She's now made her IG private (had to, no doubt) but when I checked it at the time it seems she's a v affectionate sort of person generally but regardless, it is looking more and more like Westonkin are over for good. Meh, they are both still looking fine so, whatever.

Comment

• Originally posted by ophy View Post

The Corpers even bullied Jeremy Jordan into apologizing within hours of his MAJOR OFFENSE:

But that wasn't enough for some people, who think he should DIE for this horrific CRIME:

but as in everything fandom related, this too shall pass. (But yes, basically Supercorpers seem like humorless assholes.)
          Exactly the same thing happened in the Riverdale fandom, where the girl who plays Betty made a light-hearted comment about how Beronica wasn't gonna happen. So much hatred and backlash, and again, even her apology was deemed insufficient to clear her from charges of homophobia. I really don't understand young people!

Originally posted by ophy View Post
          In my day, if you shipped a crack pairing that was never ever going to happen, you stayed in your corner writing your Jen/Audrey fics and kept your damn mouth shut otherwise. Nobody owes y'all jackshit, so stop harassing them all over social media.
          PREACH!!

Comment

• Did Nikian really name their child Bodhi Soleil. That sounds like the brand of a cheap sun lotion.
            sigpic

Comment

• I love that name! It's like ophy chose it.

Comment

• That seems to be what the press is saying they named their daughter. They say it came from her birth certificate. Since according to articles they plan to take a month of silence, so that it is just the three of them, no phones, no nothing. I find that funny because they love being in the spotlight. You would figure that telling the world about their child would give them perfect reason to go all media crazy.

Comment

• No doubt the month of silence is meant to build interest - - they're probably hoping to get big $ for the first pic.
                  Here's hoping there is zero interest, and they end up trying to drum up curiosity by saying any monies will go to the foundation.

Comment

• I love that name! It's like ophy chose it.

BODHI SOLEIL FARMER'S MARKET REED-SOMERHALDER Y'ALL.

I'm on vaca at the beach so can't comment much further . . . but I will say that the 'month of silence' didn't last all that long. Ian is at a TVD con in Boston this weekend wearing his ISF shirt and drumming up the $$$ as per ush.

Comment

• Originally posted by Velvetkiss View Post
                      Since according to articles they plan to take a month of silence, so that it is just the three of them, no phones, no nothing.

Just the 3 of them plus a few nannies to actually raise the baby, right? =\

Comment

• I never thought they would make a month of silence. I also did not get the whole just the three of them, because most people are not going to tell the grandparents they can not see their grandchild for a month.

Comment

• LOL they are so pretentious even with this. I think they had to say something about the month of silence because no one was caring or even noticing that they had not been on social media. They had to remind us that they're still around lol.

Comment

• . . . AND THEN UNFOLLOWED HER. I can't tell if this was a "I'm happy that y'all are happy and want to make sure you knew that, but no offense, I don't want to see my ex-boo with someone else so Imma calmly bow out" or if it was more "I just want you to know that I SEE YOU FUCKERS".
                            Phoebe's re-followed her - a good sign?

Comment

• The August photodump! Get excited!

Powbrev is still chug chug chugging along . . . After her Reebok launch, Nina hightailed it down to Texas to join Glen and his monkey at the Powell Ranch.

Mav seemed a bit confused by Roxy and Charlie:

Once back in LA, they were papped again! . . . but I don't think it was intentional this time.

They ran into Malin Ackerman in LA:

And! Glen with Mav at the dog park being cuties:

Then just a random bunch of 'hanging out with friends or dogs' and other random events.

And a TVD wedding:

At a Sam Hunt concert together:

Glen and his boyz in Vegas:

Powbrev at Lane's bday this weekend:

But the big news for Nina was her Harper by Harper Bazaar shoot (she was the guest editor):

Harper dinner:

Nough!:

Polka! dots! Did Danielle and Julianne coordinate shoes or what? They are twinning.

And a TVD reunion:

The Fug girls didn't love the peter pan demure school girl look, but I did:

Nina hinted during press at the Harper event that she's working on a romcom, and other stuff:

. . . and apparently that was the script she was collaborating on at the Powell Family Ranch:

I remember Julie saying that Nina used to work on writing scripts while filming TVD, and her new boyf writes screenplays so I guess this isn't a surprise?

Fandom is sorta accepting Glen, kinda? But they have a weird way of showing it:

Glen did dip a toe into the Dobrevic fandom, but it doesn't look like he's going to make a habit of it:

And Mama Powell followed this shipper account, which is kinda sweet.

https://www.instagram.com/ninadobrevglenpowell/

Anyhoo, bottomline is that Powbrev has made it (at least) nine months and seem stronger than ever so wow. And Dobwell lasted almost a year. I think the glory days of the Dobrevian Boy Carousel are over, y'all. No more coke boats! No more race car drivers/coconut water tycoons/Swiss troubadours/Guys named Derek!

Melwood is also going strong. They are back in The Couv, filming SG. ONB's BFF Edward came out to visit

Oh, the heart eyes. Mel has got it bad for her boy.

And Edward caught Melwood doing the Jellicle Cats:

There ain't no dorks like musical theater dorks.

So . . . Mel has a stalker that probably will remind ONB of his Woodbrev days. He posted his cray on this pic of ONB:

* @meow__wolf

A post shared by Melissa Benoist (@melissabenoist) on

Deja vu, man.

So throwing it back to the SDCC . . . Phoebe looked absolutely miserable in this SDCC interview with the cast with TV Line:

https://youtu.be/hfrFFOVmb_8

I couldn't find screen caps, but yeah. She looks like she's about to disappear into a hole in the floor at any second.

Dunno what happened, but TVLine did a SDCC podcast and about 13 minutes in they said:

"Ausiello: "Most of the casts who come through here at ComiCon are incredible and all get along and everybody is awesome occasionally you witness something a little icky . . . I witnessed something a little icky -- most of us witnessed it -- it was a little uncomfortable and explained a lot.

Andy Swift: It did explain a lot. Yeah, so basically it was an interview that we did before it began there was tension between members of the cast as well as the whole group. It came together at the end, but it's always uncomfortable to see that.

Ausiello: Yeah, I immediately . . we, our studio is in the Hard Rock spa and I immediately went into the showers and washed myself of all the filth that was enveloping me and crouched on the floor in a fetal position and rocked myself in the shower.

Andy: I'm not as good at explaining blind items as Michael, but there was yelling . . . there was yelling.There was yelling."

No idea if The Originals interview is the one they were referring to, but . . . it was a very tense and awkward one, so maybe? Phoebe and JoMo never refollowed each other, by the way.

Dina posted this birthday pic of Paul:

With the caption, "Happy Birthday to the best brother. I love you so much Pawell." . . . but got harassed so bad she deleted it and turned comments off. (and then she immediately refollowed Phoebe.).

I feel like major dramz is going on for sure, but at the same time I am just freaked out by how much Dina looks like Torrey.

Pheebs is still occasionally liking tweets about Paul or his fam:

And on Aug 17, Pheebs liked a pic of Austin that Paul took:

But otherwise, we got nada to suggest that anyone is going to be FIGHTING FOR LOVE. No Westonkin 3.0 on the horizon.

The same day Phoebe liked that pic of Austin, we got pics of Paul leaving Hamilton in LA with Dina, his 'sister', but all surreptitious-like:

So . . . yeah.

Meanwhile, Phoebe did a Secret Circle reunion in NYC with Shelly Hennig:

But hasn't been spotted with any new guys. I hope she finds someone super duper great.

Speaking of great people who found each other! No pics of Baby Farmer's Market yet, but there is a lotta love out there.

SHE'S THE ONLY WOMAN WHO HAS EVER BEEN PREGNANT OBVIOUSLY.

Not that you would know it had even happened based on this pic. Those abs!:

So nice that she's so close to her brother. That's sweet. If either of my bros tried to do that to me, they'd find my foot in their ass.

Comment

• Ian Somerhalder Says He Threw Out Nikki Reed's Birth Control Pills And The Internet Is Not Happy

that podcast is bananas https://soundcloud.com/user-43430912...i-reed-and-ian
                                "Unbeknownst to poor Nikki, she didn’t realize that I was going to go in her purse and take out her birth control."

Comment

Working...
                                X