No announcement yet.

Plecverse III: Return of The Plecverse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Babyfat Cheeks Nina > Current Neens. That's all I got.

Comment

• Theyre like two different people - baby fat Nina and current Nina; they are both cute in their own way. I love the cape dress as well.

Comment

• Just sticking this here for posterity's sake because it feels super weird to NOT post here when I've pinned down a new boy for Neenz*, but! I think she's hooking up with Grant Mellon.

* to be entirely honest, I don't go looking for this sort of info anymore, but I couldn't help but notice it this time (and it will probs never get confirmed anyway? SO WHY AM I BOTHERING I DON'T REALLY KNOW).

And yes, errrybuddy's gonna go 'who?' which is more than fair, because FUCKING WHO? and to be reals, I DON'T KNOW.

. . . but I think he might be a Mellon from the 'Carnegie Mellon' family . . . which would make him billionaire adjacent, I guess? I'm assuming that because he appears to have disposable income and he's from Pittsburgh (which is where the billionaire Mellons are from). Anyhoo, no clue what he does for a living now (if anything), but back when he used to model for Ralph Lauren, he looked like this:

He's more man bunnish nowadays:

Got that whole I-hang-out-at-a-dive-bar-playing-pool-most-days-but-do-you-wanna-come-see-my-band-play-at-an-open-mic-night-tonight-and-then-I'll-cheat-on-you-with-your-sister-in-a-few-months kind of vibe. Really underwhelming.

I hope he at least has a motorcycle, because I don't get it.

Probably just a rando fling anyway.

The evidence for the hook up is thus:

-- GM follows/is followed by most of Nina's friend group, yet isn't actually featured on anybody's social media. Like, pointedly so?

-- Nina recently said that if somebody was ON her instagram, then she WASN'T dating him, and this guy isn't on there . . . but in a suspicious way. GM definitely went on Nina's big Indonesia adventure last week, yet she tagged everybody BUT him (they were on a pirate ship! with four other couples, including JH and Brooks). She posted eight billion pics and insta stories, so not tagging just the one dude makes it pretty obvs.

It did look like a crazy good trip, just like the ones Nina used to go on before she got so busy with Reebok and Fam:

Hey! pirate ship!

GM is on Nina's right, at the end:

Totally a couples trip, based on that very hetero line-up.

One of the other people did tag him in these:

And you can see that Nina is riding with him on a scooter in this vid:

And finally, Nina and Grant Mellon in December at a party:

What makes this prospective pairing so deeply annoying (besides the man bun!) is that the Mellon family gives away something called a 'Mellon Grant', which makes actually finding any info on the guy near impossible. Not that I partick want to! Just saying that old habits die pretty hard, apparently.

As a side note, unfortunately, Nina's show Fam looks kinda super terrible, but maybe that's just because I don't really do multi-cams anymore. I got nothing else. Paul is in that KW show that also looks terrible to me. Ian just wrapped a vampire show that ALSO looks terrible to me. And I tried Julie Plecs' latest attempt to milk that TVD cow (Legacies) and even though it was sweet to see Mystic Fall's Main Street once more, it was also terrible? I only made it through half an ep.

Oh, and BIG SURPRISE Ian is STILL out there begging his remaining fans (which is down to about five Brazilians, probably) for ISF money, because that's just never gonna stop. Not til either he's dead or we're dead*, I guess!

* and since he owns his own hyperbaric chamber, he will most likely outlive us all.

View this post on Instagram

Ive literally given the shirt off of my back for GIVING TUESDAY! TODAY is Giving Tuesday lovely people! Help me celebrate the global day of giving along with 8 years of the Ian Somerhalder Foundation (and my 40th birthday!) Donate NOW by checking my stories, clicking the link in my bio OR going to ISFs fundraiser at https://www.facebook.com/donate/306521206858996/. Facebook and PayPal are MATCHING donations on Facebook for a total of up to $7 million dollars! That means if you donate $50, it counts as $100 until they hit $7 million! ISF depends on your support to continue to provide education and programs in support of Creatures, the Environment and Youth. Please consider donating today. Tune in all day for an impactful look back at the past 8 amazing years, made possible because of supporters like you. Every dollar counts, so please join us as we celebrate the amazing grants, programs and events that were made possible because of supporters like you. The Ian Somerhalder Foundation (ISF) works to empower, educate and collaborate with people and projects to positively impact the planet and its creatures. ISF delivers unique programs and services and provides public outreach, education, and grants in support of Creatures, Environment, Youth, and Grassroots initiatives. Much love & gratitude, Ian Somerhalder

A post shared by iansomerhalder (@iansomerhalder) on

Comment

• I saw a bunch of those pictures from the sailing trip and wondered if Nina was paired up with one of the guys! He was extra hot in his modeling days, but I can not endorse a man bun. He also has an imdb page with a bio that he wrote himself which makes me cringe, but people gotta hustle out in these streets so I get it. He graduated from Wharton back in 2012 and has maybe been trying to have an acting career ever since with not much to show for it. He'll probs fall back into the family business at some point and just live a regular billionaire trust fund kid life instead of a famous billionaire trust fund kid life. Not everyone can be Julia Louis Dreyfus.
          Last edited by IssieCol; 12-17-2018, 11:24 AM.

Comment

• Well, I'm convinced .
            sigpic

Comment

• has maybe been trying to have an acting career ever since with not much to show for it.

He's listed as a co-founder for some kind of (4 years ago) messaging app called Piqua, so it's possible that he's more of an entrepreneurial kind of guy than a striving model/actor -- but I really don't know. A Wharton background fits with that, maybe.

Only a couple of twitter Dobrevics have noticed him so far, so fandom hasn't latched onto him as a possible boyf yet. Going on that couples' trip with her is pretty definitive, though, so it'll start to filter through the discourse in the next few days. Once it takes hold, those intrepid ladiez will find out everything from his social security number to the brand of his underwear. If he wears any! I don't trust man buns to wear undies AT ALL.

Comment

• But this is great for Nina because I don't reallly see her as someone who will have some long career trajectory. She's an ok actress and all but marrying into a billionaire clan who does tons of charity work while allowing her to globe trot and hang on expensive pirate ships sounds about right.
                Its just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• the 'Carnegie Mellon' family
                  Reporting in from Pittsburgh: the Carnegies and the Mellons were never really one family, though the number of billionaires in Pittsburgh was not large so they were probably always at the same parties in those mansions on Fifth Avenue. As to Carnegie Mellon University, Andrew Carnegie founded Carnegie Institute of Technology (My heart is in the work) with blood money he got by oppressing and sometimes killing steel workers. The Mellons founded Mellon Institute for Research (or something like that) with their money from Mellon Bank, Gulf Oil, Alcoa, and probably 2/3 of the other companies that were founded here. They merged the two to form CMU much later.

-end pedantic yammering about CMU-

The Mellons have extraordinary art collections; I go to museums here all the time where they are displaying things the Mellons just had lying around in the basement.

If he is one of the super rich Mellons, then he is also related to Richard Mellon Scaife, the evil right wing billionaire, which is not great.
                  Last edited by vanessa; 12-18-2018, 08:03 PM.

Comment

• Thank for the clarification, v!

She's an ok actress and all but marrying into a billionaire clan who does tons of charity work while allowing her to globe trot and hang on expensive pirate ships sounds about right.

I'll never get ovah that beeeeyutifull pirate ship BUT DOES HIS FAMILY OWN A MONKEY AND A KANGAROO HUH?????

It would pretty funny if he wasn't related to any of the super rich Mellons at all, and this spec is just for naught. I was honestly only making that connection because his instagram said he was from Pittsburgh. Or he could be a black sheep nephew cut off eons ago! He looks sorta black-sheepish with all the scruff and hair. I'd probably disinherit my nephew if he showed up with that hair, just sayin'.

Comment

• Nina's 30th birthday celebration seems to be a year-long event. So far she's gone to South Africa with the Houghs and then went on a safari with some of the same people. I saw that guy Jimmy that she met in Austin a few years ago and it cracks me up that they've stayed in touch. And then she had a huge party that they called Ninachella, which of course they did. I didn't do a deep dive with my magnifying glass, but I didn't see the Mellon heir in any of them so maybe that's over or maybe it's extra serious and she asked him to stay far away from any cameras because serious bfs don't go on insta.

Comment

• but I didn't see the Mellon heir in any of them so maybe that's over or maybe it's extra serious and she asked him to stay far away from any cameras because serious bfs don't go on insta.

He was on the South Africa safari (Morgan Beau tagged him, but I mean he shows up recognizably in the vids anyway) and he was also at Ninachella (tagged in a IG story by a rando), so I guess it's not OVAH yet.

I'll do a big NINA IS THIRTY OMB round up when I get a chance . . . I've been working on a mega TSwizzle update as well.

DON'T TRY TO STOP ME WORLD.

Comment

• Oh, and Kev tagged Nina's new dude in Africa, too:

It's like he went to a store and bought A Gentleman's Safari Look right off a mannequin.

Comment

• I assume manbun is super into yoga, traveling, and can afford to party on a yacht on a regular basis, so this seems like the most perfect match for her yet.

Comment

• Issie, I read "Mellon heir" as "Mellon hair" and it was delightful to me.
                              Its just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• I assume manbun is super into yoga, traveling, and can afford to party on a yacht on a regular basis, so this seems like the most perfect match for her yet.

UGH don't say that UGH. I just caaaaan't. And I don't even know why I can't. Although, Neens is probs gonna Lady!Clooney it up until she is fifty so I guess it doesn't matter who she is smashing at 30.

that guy Jimmy that she met in Austin a few years ago and it cracks me up that they've stayed in touch

Oh, Jimmy and Kev are inner circle! She travels with one or both of them at least twice (or thrice or fource or fivce) times a year. She actually met them in Vegas (I think it was during her Mark Foster days? before Woodbrev? in 2014 maybe?) doing some kind of ridic extreme bungee? sky diving-ish thing and then they just started popping up in ATL and she started popping up in Austin where they live and it just became this bro thing that has gone on forevs now. I admire the fact that even though Nina keeps adding adding adding to her friends circle she still manages to keep the older friendships alive, too. It's a kind of skill, you know? Instead of being a fitness guru, maybe she should give classes in Maintaining Friendships (Even With Exes) When You Have 18,000 Friends.

Which leads us right to . . .

LAWDY LAWDY NINA IS FORTY (MINUS 10 YEARS, I GUESS)!!!

She and her squad celebrated in South Africa, which looked like this:

Then off! To the savanna for animal peeping!

Looks purty. At some point, surely Nina is going to run out of exotic locales, right? There can't be many places left on this globe that she hasn't posed in a bikini at.

So at this point yeah, I was thinking oh wow, so Nina is forgoing the mega glitzy celebrity themed bday party this year to spend a quiet week or two in Africa with friends instead, so I guess that means her 30s will be more subdued and mature . . . uh . . .

LOL NOOOOOPE.

Ninachella had it all! Wristbands, giant screens, neon, face paint, a professional flower crown station, Zedd as DJ, Shake Shack, Casamigos, SO MUCH FRINGE SO MANY DUMB HATS, and probably nicer toilets than the real Coachella maybe?

Partial list of known attendees:

Vin Diesel, Julie Plec, Cadlymac, Kayla Ewell, Candice and Joe King, Trevino, Vanessa Hudgens, The Houghs (duh), Tone Bell, Niall from 1D, Shawn Mendes, Danielle Campbell, Tyler Hoechlin, Chace Crawford, Zoey Deutch, Seth Macfarlane, JSzohr, Jen Morrison, Alessia Cara, Rumer and Scout Wilis, and! Taika Waititi because WHY NOT.

TAIKA WYD.

Okay, just gonna to throw pics at ya in a disorienting and dizzying fashion appropriate to the subject matter:

Whew. I'm exhausted just looking at those. She couldn't have possibly have gotten any sleep between Africa and this party, you know?

Nina's New Dude can be seen wearing a particularly dumb hat in this IG story that he's also tagged in:

But yes, once again, Nina has made sure not to tag him herself.

The fact that this shindig gets bigger and bigger every year is an indication that Nina Dobrev's theme birthday parties has really become THE Social Event for a certain tier of celebrity. By the time she actually turns 40, maybe she'll be hosting this at the LA Coliseum.

And yes, sharp eyed fans noted that Nina had a costume change somewhere during the night.

Both of her dresses were Dior . . .

Dior Resort 2019:

Dior Resort 2018:

Y'all were probably wondering, "hey ophy, did any of Nina's past paramours partake in Nina's pandemonium?" and the answer is Derek Hough, and that seems to be it:

No ONB, no Ian (ha), no Austin, and more importantly, no Glen I think? I was kinda assuming he and his girlfriend would be there, considering that Nina wasn't shy about coming to Glen's party in November, and Renee used to be one of Nina's workout buddies.

Glen did sorta acknowledge Ninachella by tossing a like at Enews' post about the partial TVD reunion, though:

I don't know why it's coolio for Nina to like his posts, but he can't like hers hmmmmm.

If you are wondering, yes Glen and Renee are still together and occasionally dining with Zoey Deutch:

Which probs doesn't make Glen/Zoey shippers happy. If it makes y'all feel better, Glen and Nina were 'just friends' with Renee back in the day, too, though . . .

In other Nina news (since I'm here anyways) she wore a red lace tablecloth from Valentino to present something at the Critic's Choice Awards:

She presented with the New Liz for Cadlymac's new Roswell re-boot (the reviews of this are lolariously bad, btw), so I guess this was supposed to be the Former CW Queen passing the baton to the New Queen, maybe? But if so, they should have coordinated their looks better so they didn't remind the audience of a bottle of mustard standing next to a bottle of ketchup just sayin'.

And lastly, Nina's new show Fam premiered and did pretty decent ratings, but twitter reactions have been mixed.

The critical consensus seems to be 'just fine', 'flimsy', 'standard', and 'not very good'.

In other Plecverse news, Paul and Ines are still together (and ran into Nikki and little Farmer's Market Somerhalder-Reed!):

Don't know where Ian was (taking the pic maybe?) but they were at The Gentle Barn (animal sanctuary pro-vegan place) right after Xmas.

And ONB and MelB are also still going strong:

(from Grant Gustin's wedding, fyi.)

They are living together mostly in Vancouver while she films Supergirl and he is writing and directing short films. I assume he's just killing time until Julie manages to guilt him into bringing Kai to Legacies . . .

. . . but I HOPE NOT BECAUSE I DON'T WANNA WATCH THAT but oh to have new Kai gifs would be REALLY good so I guess I'm torn.

Comment

Working...
                                X