No announcement yet.

Plecverse III: Return of The Plecverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was like - how do I know this guy's name/face when I never have seen anything he's been in? Thanks ophy!

So yeah . . . Stobrev! Circa 2015 (I think)!

He is the dude she dumped ONB for, and then several months later he cheated maybe? at least that was what was hinted at in her captions when she went off on a Hawaii girls trip right after the breakup. They mos def didn't stay friends, unlike Neens and all of her ex-guys who don't cheat on her. (Well, and ONB but that's a case of turnabout is fair play, I think.)

I loved that book, but I am Not Excite about the casting news. If they were specifically going to fish around in Nina's discard pile, I think either Alexander Ludwig or Derek Theler would have been a better choice. It's important to me that Josh be a mountain of a man for smol and tol reasons. If they were going to throw out the size differential thing**, then Glen Powell would have been good, too.*

* might be too close to Set It Up, though.

** or am I remembering the wrong Sally Thorne book?

Or ONB himself, of course! Not sure that he's doing anything other than voicing the He Man cartoon for Kevin Smith these days.

I guess this is a chance for me to do a bi-annual Plecverse update -- but just gonna do Nina for now because I have someplace to be soonish . . .

Speaking of Nina's discard pile, Shaun does not seem to have joined it yet. Instead of breaking up, they have only gotten cozier and more domestic. Most of her 'just hanging out at home' pics have been from his house, or have been of Maverick with his dog Steve so!

They might have even moved in together? They mos def spent both Thanksgiving and Xmas with his family/his house, and Dior and Luis Vuitton seem to have sent her birthday presents in Jan to HIS house. One of them was a makeup case with "ND + SW" printed on it, so . . . dunno y'all.

Giving him the benefit of the doubt because okay people do grow and change and its' hard to know now if he had a substance abuse issue way back when specific things were said against him so maybe he'a lot less shitty now that he's grown up and possibly sober --- because! this is as serious as she has ever been about anyone since the Ian days and for her sake I hope he's now a nice dude who is treating her well. She does seem happy.

There is a ton of Whitbrev (Shina? Dobrite?) content out there, so that's just a wee sampling. They are like, the opposite of private on their socials.

They hang out with a lot of people, including PDubs and Ines:

And they seem supportively joined at the hip, I suppose. She goes to his skateboarding/snow boarding competitions, and he goes to her sets.

This is cute, I will admit:

https://www.seventeen.com/celebrity/...r-anniversary/

Shaun White Recreated His First Date with Nina Dobrev for One Year Anniversary

He didn't let anything come in the way of his perfect plan.
    "I wanted to recreate our first date, but everything was closed," Shaun told Us Weekly.

Shaun wasn't going to give up and did whatever possible to make it happen.

"I managed to sweet talk the owner of the place to open up for us. It was actually pretty fun to have a place all to ourselves," he revealed.

That's not the only time Shaun had to get creative. Since the couple got together during the pandemic, their list of date ideas were pretty limited due to social distancing guidelines and shutdowns. But that didn't stop them from coming up with some awesome ideas.

“We did a couple of drive-in movies," he said. "We did some simple things. My sport of snowboarding is outdoors and you go to the mountains and you’re kind of distanced already by chairlifts and things. So, we’ve been able to do more snowboarding and trips like that than I would’ve expected."

He also revealed that he spent his time watching The Vampire Diaries when they first started dating to get to know more about Nina.

"As we were getting to know each other, I was like, ‘Oh, I should check this show out,'" he said. "There’s a lot of episodes. Not that I was mad about it, but I didn’t realize, like, how deep I was going to go. Because seasons now are, like, oh, 10 episodes. These are, like, 23 episodes a season. And I was in it!"

Welcome to the fandom, Shaun! You're definitely going to love it!

So yeah. And they are already seeding an engagement:

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...nd-the-corner/

EXCLUSIVE

Nina Dobrev and Shaun White Are Heading Toward an Engagement: ‘Around the Corner’

By Yana Grebenyuk April 16, 2021

Heating up! Nina Dobrev and Shaun White‘s whirlwind romance continues to get more serious — and the pair could be making a big commitment soon.

Nina Dobrev's Dating History

“Nina and Shaun are very happy together at the moment,” a source tells Us Weekly exclusively, adding that those close to the pair “wouldn’t be surprised if an engagement is around the corner.”

The insider continues: “Nina has had a lot of relationships not work out in the past, but ever since meeting Shaun, you can tell she’s just really excited about how far this relationship has come. They’re gradually taking steps to starting a future together.”

“They’re both adventure seekers, love the outdoors and experiencing new things together,” the source says of the Canadian actress and the X-Games champ. “She’s drawn to his athleticism and loves the fact that he’s been helping her with her snowboarding skills. They also have a fun side and like to be playful and goofy.”

Other than all that, Nina launched Fresh Vine, a wine label, with Julianne Hough.

(Glen* liked that post! excuse me while I sob in the corner brb)

* he was still with Gigi Paris, last time I checked, just fyi!

. . . anyway, back to the wine:

She also released Fin, a shark movie documentary produced with Eli Roth and Leo di Caprio:

And she's in partnership with Dior:

. . . and she has three movies in post production, and one tv series in pre-production.

One of her movies, Love Hard, is a romcom that I think is supposed to hit Netflix this year and sounds like something I will actually watch, which might not be true of anything else she's doing.

Anyhoo, she's still working and hustling.

Bonus! Nina and Kat reunion!:

and appears to be KILLING IT in Cannes this year:

And as a side note, Kat is still with her dude, too:

Okay, that's it and now I'm off to NoT Kill It At Cannes*.

*off to get an MRI today actually, wish me luck!

Comment

Working...
    X