X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ophy
    started a topic Plecverse III: Return of The Plecverse

Plecverse III: Return of The Plecverse

Okay, isadora is still on vaca, so I'm going to open a new thread even though she hasn't has a chance to close the old one.

Just pretend I torched Plecverse II.

Viva Plecverse III!

So! Nina has been out and about a whole bunch lately (and she's in Austin TX with friends at a music festival right now), and she's announced a new film project, released new mag shoots, appeared on tv a bunch, etc. Can't lay all that out right now, but wanted to post a few notable things . . .

Dobwell's red carpet debut was in NYC at Austin's movie (Bridge of Spies) premiere.

Nina wore Versace:

Calling her boy over:

I like the whole look, including her (male) accessory.

Nina was nearly unrecognizable in her TWO new photoshoots:

2nd shoot:

I like the first one way better.

. . . . and one of the former victims of the 2014 Boy Buffet spoke out about Nina's Unicorn Magicks today:

Amazeballs, right? Poor Bastian Baker. He posted this on both Twitter and Facebook, apparently. (And Nina still follows him on Twitter, so . . . how fun for her.)

Well! Despite Ian's truly weirdo plea . . .

. . . TVD's ratings were NOT GREAT for the premiere:

But for reals, I haven't even seen the TVD ep yet, and I still know this would have been a better storyline than whatever they ended up with:

Maybe Julie needs to put all her eggs in the Containment basket, because the TVD/TO-verse ain't looking great right now.

Speaking of, ONB and his co-stars were at NYCC this wkend:

Someone is looking hella broad, gotta say.

Anyhoodles, ending with Westonkin, okay.

So yeah, Westonkin keeps Westonkining.

A whole post accomplished with no embedded insta pics! I'm hoping that will keep this new thread easier and cleaner.

Last edited by ophy; 10-12-2015, 07:55 AM.

• Velvetkiss
    replied
    Isadora I am with you on that I thought Roswell was okay. I did not think Carina did a good job with writing, casting or trying to make it political. If she wanted to do a political drama, then why not just pass on Roswell and go find that project, because Roswell was not meant to be political. Liz is legal because she was born in the USA, but her parents are illegal, I believe. I also think Carina did not do a good job with casting some of the characters.

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    Roswell was fucking terrible and Carina acting like it's because people don't like hot boys kissing is just another reason she's a tedious asshole.

It was soooo boring. I am desperate for some delicious cheese and TV refuses to give it to me and I DO NOT KNOW WHY. A "political" drama about ("illegal") alien teenagers in Roswell, N.M.? Except the white kids are the REAL aliens and the brown girl is legally here or something? IDEK. It could have been made into a fun subtextual element but NOPE.

I just couldn't believe how heavy-handed and stone-cold boring it was.

Leave a comment:

• Velvetkiss
    replied
    Ninachella just looks exhausting to me. I would rather be home and comfy binge-watching Netflix. I do not think she is going to slow down. Maybe this is her purging all her years dating Ian. Maybe that was too much domestication for her and he scared her, lol.

Still, dislike that PW is not with Phoebe, but at least he seems happy with Ines. I still can not believe Nikkie and Ian have not shown the face of their kid to the media yet.

I hope ONB does not get stuck on Legacies. I have watched it, it is not great and I personally feel like they changed Alaric's character to much to fit into Legacies. I also do not understand why the Saltzman twins have to be so insecure. They are wasting the character or Hope's potential.

I saw the new Roswell and it is okay, not great. I do think they are trying to be too political and to now, but Cadlymack did say she wanted to do a political drama and not another sci-fi fantasy show. She made a bad choice in choosing Roswell for that.

Leave a comment:

• dada_teacher
    replied
    Ophypost!

Ninacella looked soo embarrassing.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    Nina hasn't also adopted Ruthie Lindsey and Jedidiah Jenkins by now.

Dunno about Ruthie Lindsey, but Nina adopted Jedidiah years ago! He's one of her camping and Coachella buddies!

ERRYBUDDY will eventually be absorbed! RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

(actual footage of Nina roaming the streets of LA)

The extrovert gear will never be comprehensible to a bunch of indoorsy people haters like us, o. It's like they get energy? From being with other humans? WHUH?

Leave a comment:

• IssieCol
    replied
    The extrovert gear will never be comprehensible to a bunch of indoorsy people haters like us, o. It's like they get energy? From being with other humans? WHUH? Please also see Sophia Bush. Nina's and Sophia's circles overlap bunches, actually and they're kind of friends too. They definitely share Aaron and Lauren Paul and Diet Coke Arielle. I'm surprised Nina hasn't also adopted Ruthie Lindsey and Jedidiah Jenkins by now.

I'm obvs very bad at spotting randos I'm not that familiar with in photos! I didn't even recognize the Mellon in his safari costume!

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    I can't believe there is another TVD spin-off

It's turrible, but not in a fun way.

and also that I haven't set the ol' TiVo to record the new Roswell

Hearing that it's baaaaad, but also not in a fun way. Too preachy, not soapy enough, and no chemistry between the leads . . . but that's what you get when you are 1) trying too hard to be 'woke' and 2) only cast your friends.

UGH don't say that UGH. I just caaaaan't. And I don't even know why I can't. Although, Neens is probs gonna Lady!Clooney it up until she is fifty so I guess it doesn't matter who she is smashing at 30

(quoting myself because I CAN.)

I think I just figured this out in the shower. The reason why I caaaaaaan't be arsed with Nina's New Manbun Dude (or Glen's New Aussie TeeVee Presenter) is because my brain still believes that we are living in the interregnum era between Powbrev 1.0 and Powbrev 2.0, so whatever disposable randos they've picked up might as well have REBOUND stamped on their foreheads. I realize that this is not the least bit rational b/c it's much more likely that Nina and Glen are dunzo forevah, but I just . . cannot . . . let . . . go.

And the fact that Glen moved his new ladyfriend into his house so beekdamn quickly means that we were most likely right that they only split because Glen wanted to domesticate and Nina didn't and I will nevah forgive her for that. NEVAH.

YOU WERE AT THE FREAKIN' FINISH LINE, NEENS. i don't wanna have to keep doing this for the next thirty years!

And it's not that I can't appreciate Single-ish!Nina and her gazillion fun friends and her carousel of hot dudes and the fact that since December 1 she's been in like five countries on four continents but holy shiiiiiit it's been YEARS of living like this why is she not tired yet??

I'd just like to move on to Nina staying home more and sweet happy domestication timez with a nice interesting photogenic manbun-less guy and babiez maybe? babiez could be fun! Or more dogs, just a metric ton of more dogs would also be just fine.

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    I can't believe there is another TVD spin-off and also that I haven't set the ol' TiVo to record the new Roswell. Hilariously bad sounds irresistible to me!

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    I assume manbun is super into yoga, traveling, and can afford to party on a yacht on a regular basis, so this seems like the most perfect match for her yet.

UGH don't say that UGH. I just caaaaan't. And I don't even know why I can't. Although, Neens is probs gonna Lady!Clooney it up until she is fifty so I guess it doesn't matter who she is smashing at 30.

that guy Jimmy that she met in Austin a few years ago and it cracks me up that they've stayed in touch

Oh, Jimmy and Kev are inner circle! She travels with one or both of them at least twice (or thrice or fource or fivce) times a year. She actually met them in Vegas (I think it was during her Mark Foster days? before Woodbrev? in 2014 maybe?) doing some kind of ridic extreme bungee? sky diving-ish thing and then they just started popping up in ATL and she started popping up in Austin where they live and it just became this bro thing that has gone on forevs now. I admire the fact that even though Nina keeps adding adding adding to her friends circle she still manages to keep the older friendships alive, too. It's a kind of skill, you know? Instead of being a fitness guru, maybe she should give classes in Maintaining Friendships (Even With Exes) When You Have 18,000 Friends.

Which leads us right to . . .

LAWDY LAWDY NINA IS FORTY (MINUS 10 YEARS, I GUESS)!!!

She and her squad celebrated in South Africa, which looked like this:

Then off! To the savanna for animal peeping!

Looks purty. At some point, surely Nina is going to run out of exotic locales, right? There can't be many places left on this globe that she hasn't posed in a bikini at.

So at this point yeah, I was thinking oh wow, so Nina is forgoing the mega glitzy celebrity themed bday party this year to spend a quiet week or two in Africa with friends instead, so I guess that means her 30s will be more subdued and mature . . . uh . . .

LOL NOOOOOPE.

Ninachella had it all! Wristbands, giant screens, neon, face paint, a professional flower crown station, Zedd as DJ, Shake Shack, Casamigos, SO MUCH FRINGE SO MANY DUMB HATS, and probably nicer toilets than the real Coachella maybe?

Partial list of known attendees:

Vin Diesel, Julie Plec, Cadlymac, Kayla Ewell, Candice and Joe King, Trevino, Vanessa Hudgens, The Houghs (duh), Tone Bell, Niall from 1D, Shawn Mendes, Danielle Campbell, Tyler Hoechlin, Chace Crawford, Zoey Deutch, Seth Macfarlane, JSzohr, Jen Morrison, Alessia Cara, Rumer and Scout Wilis, and! Taika Waititi because WHY NOT.

TAIKA WYD.

Okay, just gonna to throw pics at ya in a disorienting and dizzying fashion appropriate to the subject matter:

Whew. I'm exhausted just looking at those. She couldn't have possibly have gotten any sleep between Africa and this party, you know?

Nina's New Dude can be seen wearing a particularly dumb hat in this IG story that he's also tagged in:

But yes, once again, Nina has made sure not to tag him herself.

The fact that this shindig gets bigger and bigger every year is an indication that Nina Dobrev's theme birthday parties has really become THE Social Event for a certain tier of celebrity. By the time she actually turns 40, maybe she'll be hosting this at the LA Coliseum.

And yes, sharp eyed fans noted that Nina had a costume change somewhere during the night.

Both of her dresses were Dior . . .

Dior Resort 2019:

Dior Resort 2018:

Y'all were probably wondering, "hey ophy, did any of Nina's past paramours partake in Nina's pandemonium?" and the answer is Derek Hough, and that seems to be it:

No ONB, no Ian (ha), no Austin, and more importantly, no Glen I think? I was kinda assuming he and his girlfriend would be there, considering that Nina wasn't shy about coming to Glen's party in November, and Renee used to be one of Nina's workout buddies.

Glen did sorta acknowledge Ninachella by tossing a like at Enews' post about the partial TVD reunion, though:

I don't know why it's coolio for Nina to like his posts, but he can't like hers hmmmmm.

If you are wondering, yes Glen and Renee are still together and occasionally dining with Zoey Deutch:

Which probs doesn't make Glen/Zoey shippers happy. If it makes y'all feel better, Glen and Nina were 'just friends' with Renee back in the day, too, though . . .

In other Nina news (since I'm here anyways) she wore a red lace tablecloth from Valentino to present something at the Critic's Choice Awards:

She presented with the New Liz for Cadlymac's new Roswell re-boot (the reviews of this are lolariously bad, btw), so I guess this was supposed to be the Former CW Queen passing the baton to the New Queen, maybe? But if so, they should have coordinated their looks better so they didn't remind the audience of a bottle of mustard standing next to a bottle of ketchup just sayin'.

And lastly, Nina's new show Fam premiered and did pretty decent ratings, but twitter reactions have been mixed.

The critical consensus seems to be 'just fine', 'flimsy', 'standard', and 'not very good'.

In other Plecverse news, Paul and Ines are still together (and ran into Nikki and little Farmer's Market Somerhalder-Reed!):

Don't know where Ian was (taking the pic maybe?) but they were at The Gentle Barn (animal sanctuary pro-vegan place) right after Xmas.

And ONB and MelB are also still going strong:

(from Grant Gustin's wedding, fyi.)

They are living together mostly in Vancouver while she films Supergirl and he is writing and directing short films. I assume he's just killing time until Julie manages to guilt him into bringing Kai to Legacies . . .

. . . but I HOPE NOT BECAUSE I DON'T WANNA WATCH THAT but oh to have new Kai gifs would be REALLY good so I guess I'm torn.

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    Issie, I read "Mellon heir" as "Mellon hair" and it was delightful to me.

Leave a comment:

• LaaLaa
    replied
    I assume manbun is super into yoga, traveling, and can afford to party on a yacht on a regular basis, so this seems like the most perfect match for her yet.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    Oh, and Kev tagged Nina's new dude in Africa, too:

It's like he went to a store and bought A Gentleman's Safari Look right off a mannequin.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    but I didn't see the Mellon heir in any of them so maybe that's over or maybe it's extra serious and she asked him to stay far away from any cameras because serious bfs don't go on insta.

He was on the South Africa safari (Morgan Beau tagged him, but I mean he shows up recognizably in the vids anyway) and he was also at Ninachella (tagged in a IG story by a rando), so I guess it's not OVAH yet.

I'll do a big NINA IS THIRTY OMB round up when I get a chance . . . I've been working on a mega TSwizzle update as well.

DON'T TRY TO STOP ME WORLD.

Leave a comment:

• IssieCol
    replied
    Nina's 30th birthday celebration seems to be a year-long event. So far she's gone to South Africa with the Houghs and then went on a safari with some of the same people. I saw that guy Jimmy that she met in Austin a few years ago and it cracks me up that they've stayed in touch. And then she had a huge party that they called Ninachella, which of course they did. I didn't do a deep dive with my magnifying glass, but I didn't see the Mellon heir in any of them so maybe that's over or maybe it's extra serious and she asked him to stay far away from any cameras because serious bfs don't go on insta.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X