How MARVELous

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How MARVELous

For the record, I am NOT obsessed with either Hiddleswift or Slevans or any other Marvel relationship or rumor, but this passes the time until an actual obsession chooses me.

Slevans, though! After listening to Anna Faris' podcast that featured them, I am emotionally invested in their happiness. Well, really just Jenny's happiness, but they do seem really suited.

Podcast link here: http://www.annafarisisunqualified.co...late-part-one/

It's super hilars in retrospect. Anna refers to them as 'platonic best friends', but they literally can't keep their hands off each other the whole time and everyone gives them shit about it. Jenny keeps joke punching and slapping him, and he loooooves it. They are half giddy through the whole thing. And! They have to give relationship advice to someone who calls in and says she's madly in love with a guy who is engaged to someone else, but the guy says he wants to be with her, too and is very conflicted and what should she do? They both give her very good (pertinent! relevant!) advice about how she needs to let the couple work things out on their own without interfering and being 'noble' by waiting patiently until everything resolves itself.

Timeline:

October, 2015: Met on set of their movie Gifted in Savannah and became insta-friends
    Mid-March 2016: Jenny moves out of her and her husband's house to stay with a friend, also spotted at dinner with Chris and his brother
    Early April, 2016: Slevans does the podcast with Anna and Chris Pratt
    May 4, 2016: Jenny and Dean announce their divorce.
    May 11th 2016: Slevans goes public!
    May 12th, 2016: Chris is spotted at Jenny's nephew's (nieces?) soccer game in the Boston area
    June 11th, 2016: Chris and Jenny are spotted at Museum of Science in Boston
    June 25th, 2016: Chris and Jenny attend the premiere of her movie The Secret Life of Pets (bringing along an entourage of nieces and nephews) in NYC

Chris and Jenny taking the kiddos to the premiere:

We do chill very hard on the way to The Secret Life of Pets. We do.

A video posted by Jenny Slate (@jennyslate) on

(You don't see Chris, but you hear him laugh.)

Deets from the premiere:

http://www.kare11.com/entertainment/...vans/255878772

ET's Jen Peros spoke to Slate on the green carpet, where she couldn't stop gushing over her hot new arm candy.

"I haven't really had a large premiere before, so it's nice to have someone who knows how it goes," she told ET.

Slate and Evans are both from Massachusetts, and she adorably noted that "it's kind of like I got my dream 7th grade boyfriend."

"We didn't know each other growing up, but we grew up about half an hour away from each other," she added, flashing a smile. "We've been friends for a while, and, yeah."

In addition to Evans, Slate invited her sister, Abby, as well as her nieces and nephews, Maddie, Sam, and Ruby, plus quite a few people from the 34-year-old actor's posse, including his friend, mother, sister, and two of his sister's kids.

"If I'm not the best aunt in America, then I don't know what's going on… I'm pretty sure I scored on this one," she joked.

Chris Evans ‏@ChrisEvans 2h
    The Secret Life of Pets was fantastic! @jennyslate was a personal favorite. @KevinHart4real was hilarious too. Be sure to check it out!!

Ack! So much openness! So adorable! I don't know if I can stand it.

For a *different* kind of openness . . . on to Hiddleswift!

Timeline reminder:

PUTTING THE SWIFT IN HIDDLESWIFT

May 2, 2016: Taylor and Tom Hiddleston meet at the 2016 Met Gala in New York

June 1: Taylor announces her break up from Calvin Adam Harris Wiles (They were last pictured together, kissing on May 20.)

June 15: Taylor and Tom smackity on the beach near her house in Rhode Island.

June 21: Hiddleswift at Selena Gomez's concert in Nashville

June 23: Date night with friends in Nashville. Also, Tom meets her parents at some point while there.

June 25: Taylor meets Tom's mom in England, walks on the beach.

. . . and supposedly, she's going to be meeting his sibling(s?) this weekend as well.

I love this series of pics of Hiddleswift with Tom's mum:

" . . . I wasn't even going to wear my pink hat that day because you know it did look a bit grey outside and I had just had the peonies fluffed up a bit at that place in the high street, you know the one, Tom, the place next to the corner shop where you used to get those Cornettos after school even though I did warn you about the way they made your tumtum hurt so awfully, oh you had an terrible digestion as a child, we are all so glad you outgrew that . . ."

" . . . and it's good thing I left the pink hat at home and wore the navy blue one with the spotted netting instead . . . not that it did rain but because the Queen was there and *she* was wearing a pink hat with peonies *this high* although perhaps not quite that high, maybe this high, and can you imagine? Just between us, mine was actually much prettier than hers but one doesn't want to outshine the Queen on any occasion, so it's just as well . . . "

" . . . those nasty dogs made a mess of poor Anne's roses, not that Anne would have said a word, of course . . . Would you two like a glass of Pims? We can have that nice bodyguard of yours fetch some for us . . . yes, the bald one with the glasses, not that other one, he looks useless . . . Taylor dear, how do I give them orders? Do I just snap my fingers at them, or do you use special hand signals, perhaps?"

"What, he doesn't know what Pim's is? Does the useless looking one know? No? Well, it's no matter just forget it . . . as I was saying, Tom wet the bed as a child, you know. Yes, yes, every night. we had to encase his entire room in plastic sheeting, which you can't even get from Marks and Spencers any more, you know. Not that quality plastic sheeting has been made in this country since before the war . . . "

Also, we have new bigfootesque pics from date night in Nashville:

I find their insistence on holding hands in every picture to be fascinating. Is that a Tom thing? Or a Tay thing? I should look back through their respective histories to see who is the one who loves clutching paws the most.

We know they both love to dance, so at least they have that in common.

Last edited by ophy; 06-28-2016, 07:06 AM.

I want to marry this post. "it's kind of like I got my dream 7th grade boyfriend."

Slevans were pictured in a restaurant after the premiere. I am useless at posting pics but it's here: https://twitter.com/CevansOfficial/s...15753643827200

Comment

How Jenny and her cuteness have escaped my notice this long is beyond me, but she's adorable and I want her to be happy too! I keep meaning to binge Parks & Rec, hmmm.

Hiddleswift is certainly moving swiftly. What is up with all the pap walks with Mom? Is this a fuck you to Calvin? Is she just bored after all the touring? Is it about the Kim and Kanye thing? I want someone close to her to spill what's going on, because while I am sure they do like each other, this is starting to feel very staged.
      Last edited by vanessa; 06-26-2016, 06:22 AM.

Comment

Definitely binge Parks and Rec!

Here's soccergirl's pic of Slevans having dinner after the premiere:

Ugh, so normal. I looooooove them. Make a zillion babiez PLZ.

I want someone close to her to spill what's going on, because while I am sure they do like each other, this is starting to feel very staged.

I have MANY thoughts about Hiddleswift, but I think this quote gives some spot-on insight:

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-...th-mom-w211264

"Taylor is so happy," a source tells Us of the singer’s new romance. "She's living a British romcom dream."

If she's living out a movie fantasy, then everything else makes sense.
        Last edited by ophy; 06-26-2016, 12:27 PM.

Comment

I'm so happy we have your posts back! Can I have some RDJ and Hemsworth please?

ETA. I was so won over by Taylor that the overly negative reaction about Hiddelswift in my TL in twitter came as a total surprise to me. I was all yay! and they were all nay.
          Last edited by dada_teacher; 06-26-2016, 09:14 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

I loooved JSlate in Obvious Child. Great film, and she is terrific in it. Amused by all the Twitter comments that Slevans gives hope to ordinary chicks everywhere. Like, she is un-Hollywoodlike, but is gorgeous, funny, and super talented. If anything, Chris Evans has upgraded big time after the likes of Minka Kelly.

And TSwift does *not* innocently have dinner at a table by the window with her new boy. No way.

Comment

If she's living out a movie fantasy, then everything else makes sense.
              Okay, that has the ring of truth.

Comment

Ready to get my "SLEVANS 4EVA" tattoo. I just love them so much as individual dorks, so this is lovely.

Hiddleswift's intensity is kinda weirding me out, tbh. Like riding-a-motorcycle-on-a-red-carpet-together weirding me out.

Comment

This is perfect:

Comment

Love them being dorky with Mama Evans
                    [IMG]
                    Last edited by soccergirl; 06-26-2016, 05:19 PM.

Comment

I saw that clip from ET and Jenny was holding hands with Chris' mom, OMB.

You know, these two are really benefiting from the fact that the public knows nothing about Jenny's husband Dean. If she and Dean had both been well known and we'd all had an opinion about him and their marriage, folks might be more judgy about the fact that she's doing a premiere with her boyfriend while still married to someone else. But! since nobody knows Dean at all, it's easy to erase him from the picture like he was never born. I mean, it's not like they were Brad and Jen and then BOOM! Chris comes along and Jolies them (even though the situations are super similar on paper).*

* It's pretty obvious from social media that things were rocky and Not Good for a long time, so I am totes NOT calling Chris a homewrecker at all. . . . but he might have been a catalyst and if so, THAT'S OKAY.

Hiddleswift! Back at the Suffolk beach! Still paw/arm clutching!

Tom's extended family joined them. I assume that is his sister (he has two) and his niece?

I'm having a hard time imagining Tom dragging one of the littlest Hiddlestons into a PR stunt, so I'm guessing this is the real deal for him. It's got to be, right?

Wimbledon starts now-ish, and Tom is big tennis nerd and usually attends, so I assume that was the main reason for their trip to England. I *need* pics of them in the stands like whoah. Of course, how long/what days they are in the stands might depend on when he is needed in Australia for Thor 3, but fingers crossed that they attend Wimbledon every day for the next week at least.

She's already got the wellies! How long before Taylor pulls a Madonna and starts Englishing up her accent? CANNOT WAIT.

Last edited by ophy; 06-28-2016, 07:10 AM.

Comment

Very much this on both counts.

Ready to get my "SLEVANS 4EVA" tattoo. I just love them so much as individual dorks, so this is lovely.

Hiddleswift's intensity is kinda weirding me out, tbh. Like riding-a-motorcycle-on-a-red-carpet-together weirding me out.
                        And this.

Tom is very thirsty for the Bond gig imo, so even if it is genuine on his part he's not going to object to playing it all out for the cameras one bit. It's good fun though.

Comment

You know, these two are really benefiting from the fact that the public knows nothing about Jenny's husband Dean. If she and Dean had both been well known and we'd all had an opinion about him and their marriage, folks might be more judgy about the fact that she's doing a premiere with her boyfriend while still married to someone else. But! since nobody knows Dean at all, it's easy to erase him from the picture like he was never born. I mean, it's not like they were Brad and Jen and then BOOM! Chris comes along and Jolies them (even though the situations are super similar on paper).*
                          Yeah, I have only seen a few Twitter comments slating her as an 'adulterer'. Wasn't the timeline that she seemed to separate from her husband around Thanksgiving, and only get together with Chris in March? Though on that Anna Faris podcast she references 'my husband' several times..

And Taylor looks she is remaking Notting Hill in her mind.

Comment

Hiddleswift obvi are fall-fast-fall-hard types? And her wanting to nip all other goss in the ass probably made her go public and big sooner than usual.

But also, maybe the other guys were more reluctant to have their faces splashed everywhere at that point in their career (or hers).

It all seems insane.

LOVED your captions, bdw.
                            6 YEAR COMMITMENT TO THE PAIN OF SHIPPING DE. I DONT COMMIT TO MY OWN LIFE AS MUCH DO YOU UNDERSTAND

Comment

You are so going to regret saying that. Gonna warn you all that I fully intend on posting EVERY TINY THING relating to Hiddleswift for however long this lasts (3 weeks? 6, maybe?) and given how they are starting out, that is going to become obnoxious really quickly.

As for RDJ and Greater Hemsworth, I don't even know what to post. They are boring marrieds, no goss worth dissecting. I guess I could do an appreciation picspam, maybe? Might have to figure out a theme . . . hmmm . . . General Shirtlessness could work.

I'll put something together.

Yeah, I have only seen a few Twitter comments slating her as an 'adulterer'. Wasn't the timeline that she seemed to separate from her husband around Thanksgiving, and only get together with Chris in March?

Nooooooo, the timeline is waaaaay tighter than that.

Bringing over the toplines of the deep dive I did on all pertinent social media accounts to refresh y'all's memories (and because it belongs in this thread anyway) . . .

If you had just glanced through Jenny's twitter throughout 2015 without knowing she was married, you would have thought she was someone who was chronically single and terminally lonely. Not like she was whining or anything, but she just sounded like a person who lived alone and who was alone in her heart and a little bit sad about that.

Even when she did mention her husband, it didn't sound like a very jolly partnership. Examples:
                              jenny slate ‏@jennyslate 30 Jul 2015
                              I FEEL V EMBARRASSED THAT MY HOUSEGUEST JUST HEARD A FRAUGHT ARGUMENT W MY HUSBAND ABOUT HOW I DONT LIKE HIS SHOES

jenny slate ‏@jennyslate 30 Aug 2015
                              Can I give a TED talk on what happens on earth after yr husband tells u "U sound like an idiot" after u say "I want a sectional couch".

jenny slate ‏@jennyslate 15 Sep 2015
                              Fyi guys screaming I AM NOT AN ASSHOLE at your husband doesn't make you feel like anything but a huge asshole

Then! She went to Savannah to film a movie with Chris and Octavia Spencer and that's when she and Chris met for the very first time.

jenny slate ‏@jennyslate 12 Oct 2015
                              I sent my husband a really ugly picture of me why isn't he writing back

jenny slate ‏@jennyslate 19 Oct 2015
                              U make a new friend&it's like you've been doing the same dance for yr whole lives separately, but now u r together!

Chris Evans ‏@ChrisEvans 23 Oct 2015
                              If you don't know @jennyslate and @octaviaspencer I feel sorry for you. Do yourself a favor and get on board!! #FF

jenny slate ‏@jennyslate 23 Oct 2015
                              Right back at u w a v tru #FF @ChrisEvans @octaviaspencer bc I would follow u anywhere bc I [❤️] playing running charades w u bc u compete HARD

jenny slate ‏@jennyslate 23 Oct 2015
                              LOL I CANT BELIEVE THIS IS MY ADULTHOOD. AM I MY 8 YR OLD SELF HAVING A DREAM, ABOUT TO WAKE UP W NO BOOBS& V HORNY 4 DEVON SAWA FROM CASPER

jenny slate ‏@jennyslate 26 Oct 2015
                              One of my beautiful problems is that I am always putting myself in front of an emotional 18-wheeler

jenny slate ‏@jennyslate 27 Oct 2015
                              Being new/exciting to someone, or an idea of something,is not as precious as being known & loved. Get the good stuff! I want the good stuff!

jenny slate ‏@jennyslate 29 Oct 2015
                              Imagine a fancy public restaurant. And then "FUCK U GUYS"- @MarcW cc: @ChrisEvans #manners

jenny slate ‏@jennyslate 6 Nov 2015
                              I just randomly got weepy in my hotel lobby. I'm a cartoon heart w grey clouds around it&yellow lightning bolts&im alive&its all or nothing
                              It was all up and down and roller coastery after she met Chris, and she also tweeted she cried on the plane when she had to leave (him) Savannah. Then! Jenny spent Thanksgiving with her husband with her family, and the December holidays with his family. So she and Dean were definitely still together months after she met Chris for the first time and became insta-BFFs with him. During this time period, Chris would randomly jump into her twitter convos without being tagged, fyi. He was watching her close.

In December, she and Dean got into some kind of spat on the way back from the holidays.

jenny slate ‏@jennyslate 26 Dec 2015
                              I LOVE IT WHEN MY HUSBAND TELLS ME TO "CHILL" BC IT MAKES ME FEEL GREAT ABOUT MYSELF [⚰]

Dean Fleischer-Camp ‏@DFLEISCHERCAMP 26 Dec 2015
                              @jennyslate dear wife: I love u wife. U r my favorite, wife. I am sorry that I told u to chill & I feel lucky that ur still here w me (wife)
                              She never mentions her husband on twitter again after that. but! he does continue to mention her/RT her.

His last mention of her was:

Dean Fleischer-Camp ‏@DFLEISCHERCAMP Feb 25
                              my chill af wifey @jennyslate is on the Tonight Show 2nite!! I'll be watching bc she is bubbly & brilliant, and also bc I miss her [😑]
                              So as of two months after she stopped mentioning him, he was clearly assuming they were still together (on some level).

She tweeted this:

jenny slate ‏@jennyslate Mar 12
                              My feelings are not my actual self or reality but they are still hurting me right now
                              and then moved out of her house into a friend's house. It was around this time that she was spotted out to dinner with Chris and his brother Scott in LA.

jenny slate ‏@jennyslate Mar 19
                              I want to feel connection that is balloons plus lightning zaps plus muscles plus fresh air plus safety plus freshness plus gentle oldness

jenny slate ‏@jennyslate Mar 24
                              As the image of myself becomes sharper in my brain&more precious, I feel less afraid that someone else will erase me by denying me love

jenny slate ‏@jennyslate Mar 25
                              Trying my best but very unsure but also prone to vibrant happiness.

(At some point in there she and Chris do the podcast with Anna, and are strangely giddy and can't stop touching each other.)

Then!

jenny slate ‏@jennyslate Apr 4
                              I just want someone to grab my little face and scream "ON PURPOSE, ON PURPOSE I AM GOING TO CARE ABOUT YOU"

jenny slate ‏@jennyslate Apr 23
                              A good rule: give someone the chance to love u if they say they want that chance. Give yourself the chance to accept that they want to do it
                              I looove that whole collection of "I can't believe I am falling for Chris Evans and he is falling for me" tweets from March and April.

Two weeks after the accepting love tweet, she announces that she and Dean are divorcing, a few days later she and Chris go public as Slevans. So! Her marriage didn't fully disintegrate until Feb/March, a few months after she met Chris, and she officially moved onto Chris super damn quick. That's the one thing Slevans and Hiddleswift have in common. Maybe Calvin Adam and Dean should form a club. 'Left Behind For A Marvel Actor Anonymous'.

Back to The World's Most Famous Paw Clutchers!

No new pics this morning, but I'm living for these Nicholas Sparkish edits.

This one even included the Hiddlesmum!

I hope they bring the Hiddlesmum with them everywhere from now on, like in the stands at Wimbledon, on set in Australia, at the MTV Video Awards, etc. Always, always, Tom's mum there with them.

Of course, this kind of edit is good, too:

Beek bless tumblr. Beek bless the beaches of England.

Nicole Cliffe ‏@Nicole_Cliffe 2h
                              is taylor swift a fucking enchanted mermaid who suddenly can't get more than ten feet from the beach at any time or what

Amanda M. SteinerVerified account ‏@amandamichl 4m
                              Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston spend so much time at the beach I'm beginning to think she's a siren trying to lure him to a watery grave

The 'it's a movie fantasy' explains the swiftness of it all. Everyone always falls hard in love in love three days during a romcom, and it always ends with a proposal, right? we'll see if Tom plays along with that particular script as closely as Taylor might want him to.

Hiddleswift does have a Ring Of Unknown Significance already!

I know nothing about this, I just saw that TaySwift fans were speculating on Twitter, so I guess it's a new addition to her wardrobe? I'm all about a good ROUS, so I'm happy to play ROUS spotter for the next few weeks.

Video of Hiddleswift on the Hiddlebeach with the Hiddlemum, Hiddlesis, and Hiddleniece:

http://thefix.nine.com.au/2016/06/27...g-into-england

That clip gives you an idea of how far away the paps actually were (not really very far?). I find that verrrrry interesting.

And! Hiddleswift astrology!: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com...15.html#cutid1

Overall, a good match, but I don’t think this is “the one.” Even though they have a good balance of air, water, and fire signs between the two of them, Hiddles lack of Earth sign influence can be a problem for Taylor. They’ll have a lot of fun together, and she will really appreciate that he is more adventurous and always down to hang out; communication problems will start to deteriorate the relationship and Tom will only go along with her calculated image for so long. He’s very likely to not think about things very hard before he says them which can lead to a lot of candid and honest things coming out that maybe Taylor has never had said to her before. While Hiddles Moon in Aries first reactions are always about how something is affecting him, his sun in Aquarius and Mercury in Pisces makes it much easier for him to understand things societally and respond with empathy for others; while Taylor will always carry more of an entitled perspective as a Sag with a Cappy Mercury- her Cancer moon helps her empathy, but only towards those she is closest with. Once the fun adventures and erotic sex wear off, they’ll realize that all Venus in Aquarius had to offer was friendship.

It ain't written in the stars, unfortunately. But I didn't need the astro confirmation, because I knew they weren't well matched romantically when I saw this gifset of their umpteenth beachwalk:

LOOK AT THEIR GIRAFFE LEGS. Not in sync! Not in sync at all!

If it ends, at least her new album will be full of beach references and lines about tennis, maybe.

Last edited by ophy; 06-27-2016, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X