No announcement yet.

How MARVELous

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They are nice kids and look pretty together, but they are not 20% the epic love of Burton/Taylor. You have to live that large to hope to achieve that, and these two are just a little too regular person.

Comment

• You have to live that large to hope to achieve that, and these two are just a little too regular person.

Crushing my dreams, v!

(but yeah, you ain't wrong.)

Maybe they'll play out my wish for a modern day Burton/Taylor in like, a really low key regular people way. That'd be alright, too.

Chrevans sure looks purty while doing theater-y stuff in NYC this week:

Jenny is on tour, so whether split or not I wouldn't expect them to be seen together. During the last break up, she got emotional on stage and made it clear she was going through something ... no word about that kind of thing yet this time.

Comment

• She can't seem to keep her mess tucked up under her bonnet, so I'm sure you'll know soon.
        6 YEAR COMMITMENT TO THE PAIN OF SHIPPING DE. I DONT COMMIT TO MY OWN LIFE AS MUCH DO YOU UNDERSTAND

Comment

• The Tumblr anon who said Chris had cut Jenny off is back:

Chris doesn’t pursue women who are in relationships, that’s not who he is. Jenny kept trying but Chris continually blocked her advances. It wasn’t until sometime after her ex-husband left her that Chris gave in. His feelings for her were always that of a friend, there wasn’t supposed to be a relationship. She wasn’t invited to gatherings, nor attended many, as people believe, the ones she did attend she would plead to go so he would give in & take her.

Agreed to go to her show in DC when she was in Atlanta, didn’t expect the articles from her igniting rumors they were back together with lies of a dinner date when it was a dinner with a group of friends nor did he know that her publicist would be in DC and post a picture of him. Gave that quote from a source to People so that she & the public would know that he’s been seeing other women in ATL & that she had no chance of getting back with him.

Chris doesn’t have falling outs in public, he does so in private when he needs to but not publicly because he doesn’t like to be mean. He doesn’t want to be an asshole in public even though in private he has cut you out.

Chris hasn’t seen nor spoken to Jenny since Disney, he wants nothing to do with her.
          I mean, I believe that they are over and that is it. None of this explains why he posted videos with her, or why he invited her to Disney. I guess this narrative is supposed to make him sound like a kind-hearted naif, but it makes him sound like a raging dickhead, half-heartedly stringing along someone he knows is into him, and then bad-mouthing her.

And I'm sorry, bitter anon who sounds very like many of the anti-Jenny posters online, the man in the Anna Faris podcast was not blocking no advances. No fucking way.

Comment

• Why do you give an credence to this anon? Seems like another loon?
            6 YEAR COMMITMENT TO THE PAIN OF SHIPPING DE. I DONT COMMIT TO MY OWN LIFE AS MUCH DO YOU UNDERSTAND

Comment

• Originally posted by isadora View Post
              Why do you give an credence to this anon? Seems like another loon?
              Ha. This person claims to have broken the news last year that they had split but yes, in the absence of actual news, it is all too easy to get sucked into the vortex of conspiracy theories and lunacy that is the antis' Tumblr.

Comment

• Yeah, I'm at 45/55 on the question of a split right now. We don't have enough info either way.

In favor of them still being together . . . there's hasn't been any emotional messiness on her stand up tour, yet.

. . . although there was this tantalizing lack of detail in a college paper:

http://www.syracuse.com/entertainmen...niversity.html

With Valentine's Day looming ahead, both Nancherla and Slate discussed their relationship status. Nancherla recently celebrated a one-year anniversary, which she admitted isn't all that impressive. "I've been in a longer relationship with my Brita filter," she said. "We're very close."

Right. Because it's Aparna Nancherla's relationship status that we were all on edge to hear details about. Beek damn you, college kids!

But if Jenny had talked about recently coming out of a relationship/being single, I would assume *somebody* would have tweeted about it, and nobody did.

The evidence in favor of a break-up was mainly Jenny's social media quietness, but she's been talking about detoxing for awhile so that might not mean anything? She posted about 'unplugging' in late December on insta (when they were definitely still a couple) and then in January three days before she went totally quiet she tweeted this:

So not tweeting or posting lately might have absolutely nothing to do with her personal life, dunno.

You could easily talk me into thinking anything on this.

And with Chrevans busy every day with theater rehearsals in NYC and Jenny off on tour, we're not likely to get a Dodger singing vid to clear anything up any time soon. And no Chris sneaking in to see her show wearing his NASA hat, either.

Stupid Broadway.

Comment

• Originally posted by ophy View Post

. . . although there was this tantalizing lack of detail in a college paper:

http://www.syracuse.com/entertainmen...niversity.html

Right. Because it's Aparna Nancherla's relationship status that we were all on edge to hear details about. Beek damn you, college kids!

Someone who claims to have been at that Syracuse show wrote in on anon to one of those hate blogs:

I was at the show tonight and JS did mention her “boyfriend” so she either has a new guy or her and CE are still going strong

But it seems weird that a college paper wouldn't have picked up on that? I dunno..

Also, another anon says (with no evidence) that she was spotted out in NYC on Thursday night with friends but no CE? Hmm. At least this means they are/were in the same city. No idea if she is still there or off travelling again.

So not tweeting or posting lately might have absolutely nothing to do with her personal life, dunno.
                  It is super weird that she hasn't tweeted to promote ANY of her projects or shows. Though isn't she supposed to be writing a book? Maybe she is struggling with writer's block and needed to decompress?

ETA: Jenny is in LA apparently. So that brings the probability of a split up to 80/20 I'd say.
                  Last edited by soccergirl; 02-13-2018, 12:13 PM.

Comment

• Hello! I hope you guys don'’t mind me posting this here- I just wanted to say hello to everyone, and I didn'’t see anywhere for introducing yourself and saying hi. Apologies if there is and I missed it!

I found this site sometime late last year, I think, and sort-of lurked shyly- it is basically my idea of a perfect internet space, as for years I'’ve LOVED Vampire Diaries, Marvel, Dawson’s Creek, and all the behind the scenes shenanigans, celebrity romantical happenings and gossip and basically everything you guys talk about on here. Then I hurt my back in Jan and have been basically laid up with it since, VERY bored, and one of the biggest things that’'s got me through the last month is reading over some of the threads on here. I’'ve been DETERMINED to join, but I’'m so stupidly shy that it’s taken me this long to manage it. So, hi, and thank you so much to you guys for the enjoyment and making this last month bearable!

Anyway, I can’'t believe I'’m joining just as it looks like Chris and Jenny may have, (maybe, probably, though still possibly not!) broken up again… I love those two. I DID notice a little while ago, though, that Elizabeth Olsen followed Jenny on instagram, and I thought it might not be a leap to take it that it came after Jenny might have been hanging out with Chris and his Marvel friends? Nice thought. This was before you guys started pointing out there are good reasons to think they’ve probably broken up though. Plus Chris has looked... not cheery... at any public appearances lately. It COULD be a "super-serious Broadway actor blending in face" type thing, but he usually balances the serious with the smiley when he's doing any photocalls, and all the pics I've seen of him lately have been seriously lacking the smiley

Comment

• I'm still only about 60/40 in favor of a break-up! We need more data, basically, and they were never the kind of peeps to feed us new info on a regular basis.

Now, if she never comes to see him in his play . . . .

Comment

• Ugh. And I finally saw Gifted last weekend. Boo.

Comment

• Plus Chris has looked... not cheery... at any public appearances lately.
                          Hmm. He was pretty cheery at the Lobby Hero press event, which has given the antis cause to celebrate, as, you know, he is now FREE AT LAST!

(He was also looking pretty good.. )

Jenny was in LA on Valentine's Day, and went to see Fifty Shades with pals. Hmm. She also broke her social media silence to like an insta post by Liana Finck which says:

You will need: enough self-hatred to put yourself in hateful situations. Enough self-confidence to not be destroyed.
                          Yeah. That seems pretty.. not-positive to me. Prove me wrong, Slevans!

Comment

• Ooh, I hadn't seen those, they're the smiliest photos I've seen of him in a while! Well, that's something, I guess. And that quote Jenny liked... is it MASSIVELY reaching to say that that could also apply to dealing with the endless hate she has to deal with when linked to him? Because we know she didn't find it easy to handle before, and I don't think ANYONE's self-confidence would easily brush off the kind of endless abuse she's gotten. (I mean, I don't really believe it, to be honest. I do think they're probably over. But it COULD apply, I think.)

Comment

• MAYBE Jenny Slate could live her life in person and hire a social media company to handle her promotional shit? I mean, if she broke up with that guy b/c fan girls were mean to her and made her feel bad? IDEK what to say. I'd be like: Oh, you don't like me? I'm gonna go suck some Chris Evans dick b/c my feelings are so hurt. And then we're gonna giggle and snuggle with a cute dog and not think about you FOR EVEN A HOT SECOND.

But that's just me. I mean, I'd be so busy doing my own work thang and building a temple to his forearms in my spare time that I wouldn't even remember the internet existed.

Comment

• Heh. TBF there is zero evidence that that is what happened this time around. His 'Don't be an asshole' post could easily have been a Trump thing, or aimed at her if it was a nasty break-up.

She is still in L.A., there is zero proof that they have actually seen each other in the last two months, and she has a show booked in Chicago next week when his Broadway show has its press opening so it is probably safe to call it now. Slevans 2.0 is over. Sob!

Last edited by soccergirl; Today, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X