No announcement yet.

How MARVELous

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOBODY IS WILLING TO GIVE ME WHAT I WANT THIS YEAR.

Comment

• So there it is. He clearly wanted to get this out in public before his play’s official opening.

*sob*

Mr. Evans read it while dating the actress Jenny Slate (their on-again, off-again relationship, beloved by the internet, recently ended)
      https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/22/t...n-america.html
      Last edited by soccergirl; 03-22-2018, 06:29 AM.

Comment

• BELOVED BY THE INTERNET.

Hey, look, we got a shoutout in the New York Times! THAT'S US, WE ARE THE INTERNET.

I like the full quote, which makes it pretty obvious that Miss Jenny made him get woke-r:

The actor, who said he didn’t base his performance on anyone in particular (“It’s awful to admit, but I know plenty of guys who fit this mold”), has been studying how to better conduct himself as an ally to women in his profession.

One book he found eye-opening was Rebecca Solnit’s “The Mother of All Questions.” Mr. Evans read it while dating the actress Jenny Slate (their on-again, off-again relationship, beloved by the internet, recently ended) and decided that he needed to listen more and speak less.

“The hardest thing to reconcile is that just because you have good intentions, doesn’t mean it’s your time to have a voice,” he said."

I know it's totally dumb of me to have any hope left for Slevans 3.0, but the 'on-again, off-again' phrasing did kind of open that door who knows!

Comment

• I read that quote more pessimistically, that it was a way to shoehorn her in, so that a casual reference to them over could be included without too much fanfare (nothing like that interview he did last year with the heart twinges or whatever it was).. And there's not even an excuse offered: schedules differed/couldn't make it work/still fond of each other..

I guess this just makes me wonder: will we ever know What Went Down at Disney (they broke up right after)? Did she do something terrible? (the DON'T BE AN ASSHOLE tweet, the anon accounts from mid-Jan, which now seem plausible, that he was done with her for good)? And is this why Jenny has been off social media for months? There was a reference in the account of her last stand-up show about how she said it was the first time ever she had done a show sober, which gave me pause for thought..

Comment

• Ohh, this makes me sad. I'm actually surprised at how sad, because I've been almost 100% sure they've been done for a while. Still, sad

BUT one thing that does make me happy for Jenny is this, from the Hollywood Reporter about pilot season this year

"Who's the actor everyone tried to land this year?

DAVIS Jenny Slate, Rosario Dawson and Leslie Odom Jr."
            ​​​​​​​https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...up-era-1095785

Comment

• Good for her that she's in demand. Wonder what she's working on at the moment..

My Slevans feels are made better by just how terrible Chris looks with that moustache for his play. From the opening night of Lobby Hero on Broadway (avert your eyes if you're of a sensitive disposition):

Comment

• I don't think he's a fan of it, either!

Comment

• He really is not a stache person.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Oh, that is SO BAD. It's painful to look at. I didn't think anything could make that face not pretty, but there ya go, we cracked it. There IS a way to make Chris Evans unattractive, and it is that... thing...on his face. (He seems to be getting great review for his performance though, so I imagine he's pretty happy about that, even if he is having to sacrifice the face for a while.)

And now Chris Hemsworth has one too for his new role! It's not as bad as this, but it's still... not great, in my opinion. (I am not a giant fan of moustaches in general though.) Infinity War premiere pics with those two are gonna be... interesting.

Comment

• So Jenny is in Venom, though most of the reactions to the trailer on Twitter are from fucking annoying nerds complaining that she pronounced something wrong. Here's hoping her role is relatively substantial:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/04/...on-of-symbiote

She has also just announced on insta that she and her friend Rebecca Dinerstein are producing a film version of Rebecca's novel and have a production company! (though weirdly that post seems to have gone?). Anyway, their production company appears to be in Brooklyn, which is presumably why she has been spotted in NYC for the last few weeks (and also maybe partly why she was so silent for the last few months if they were writing the script). I am of course, not at all hopeful of Slevans 3.0 given the weird and unsettling way round 2 seems to have ended, but, is it too much to hope that they run into each other in NYC? (*puts shipper hat in storage but does not destroy it*)

Comment

Working...
                      X