No announcement yet.

The Study of Swiftology

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like she seems as gross as Ivanka to me?
    YES! I am sure that’s why Taylor broke up with her (heh).

Comment

• I never had any high opinion of Karlie, so... (but she's also a nobody here tbh).
      sigpic

Comment

• Seems like the Kavanaugh confirmation even pissed off Taylor Swift! She posted a pretty thoughtful endorsement of the Dems in Tennessee!
        6 YEAR COMMITMENT TO THE PAIN OF SHIPPING DE. I DONT COMMIT TO MY OWN LIFE AS MUCH DO YOU UNDERSTAND

Comment

• My internet has been down for two days so I can’t post a round up of MAGA jerks burning their Taylor merchandise and lefties tweeting that they now regret taking Kanye’s side in the feud! Sad!

but yes when you’ve fucked up government so bad that even ‘famously apolitical’ Taylor Swift snaps you done REALLY fucked up.

She’s gonna perform I Did Something Bad at the AMAs tonight and turn it into the incandescent snarl of female rage that it was meant to be thank beeksus.

IS TAylor SWiFt GOing To Sing The Word SHIT on live tv I think SO.

Comment

• I think the reason for the Karlie rift is even more obvious now.
            sigpic

Comment

• Internet's back up, hallelu!

Gonna post the actual endorsement here for those who don't have insta:

View this post on Instagram

I’m writing this post about the upcoming midterm elections on November 6th, in which I’ll be voting in the state of Tennessee. In the past I’ve been reluctant to publicly voice my political opinions, but due to several events in my life and in the world in the past two years, I feel very differently about that now. I always have and always will cast my vote based on which candidate will protect and fight for the human rights I believe we all deserve in this country. I believe in the fight for LGBTQ rights, and that any form of discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender is WRONG. I believe that the systemic racism we still see in this country towards people of color is terrifying, sickening and prevalent. I cannot vote for someone who will not be willing to fight for dignity for ALL Americans, no matter their skin color, gender or who they love. Running for Senate in the state of Tennessee is a woman named Marsha Blackburn. As much as I have in the past and would like to continue voting for women in office, I cannot support Marsha Blackburn. Her voting record in Congress appalls and terrifies me. She voted against equal pay for women. She voted against the Reauthorization of the Violence Against Women Act, which attempts to protect women from domestic violence, stalking, and date rape. She believes businesses have a right to refuse service to gay couples. She also believes they should not have the right to marry. These are not MY Tennessee values. I will be voting for Phil Bredesen for Senate and Jim Cooper for House of Representatives. Please, please educate yourself on the candidates running in your state and vote based on who most closely represents your values. For a lot of us, we may never find a candidate or party with whom we agree 100% on every issue, but we have to vote anyway. So many intelligent, thoughtful, self-possessed people have turned 18 in the past two years and now have the right and privilege to make their vote count. But first you need to register, which is quick and easy to do. October 9th is the LAST DAY to register to vote in the state of TN. Go to vote.org and you can find all the info. Happy Voting!

A post shared by Taylor Swift (@taylorswift) on

I think she was a little nervous about doing this, because after she posted on insta and she went right to tumblr to see actual Swifties react to it (she liked a buuuuunch of supportive posts late last night). I don't want to embed very many because it'll make this page hard to load, but here are some quotes she liked:

the people in taylor’s life - her friends, her band, her team - were probably very very instrumental in helping her get to this point and i love that they are throwing their full unabashed support behind her now to make sure that she feels fired up and ready to go and do more of this
              “There is a time for silence. There is a time for waiting you turn. But if you know how you feel and you so clearly know what you need to say you’ll know it. I don’t think you should wait. I think you should speak now.”

Thank you for speaking now babe @taylorswift
              she was probably nervous to post that, but she did it anyways, she spoke up for what she believes in, and i’m so so so proud
              She must have thought about this over and over and must be so relieved it’s out, we’re so proud babe
              I’m so proud that she is also speaking up about systemic racism, that’s so extremely important! Some of the people very dear to my heart carry that worry with them daily.
              do you know what it’s like to be a fan of color or a gay fan having to sit through people telling us that taylor doesn’t love us and doesn’t want us as fans and wants us dead? do you know how painful that’s been? that’s why THIS means so much to so many of us right now. taylor saying in plain black and white that she loves us and supports us and recognizes that we deserve so much better.. this is monumental
              lol my roommate just opened instagram and goes “WOAH THIS POST TAYLOR WENT OFF”
              I JUST STARTED SCREAMING AND NEARLY DROPPED AN ENTIRE PUMPKIN PIE ON THE GROUND TAYLOR ALISON SWIFT SNAPPED

. . . and dozens more like that. So she must have gone straight to tumblr and parked herself there awhile. She also liked a tumblr post of a screenshot of Katy Perry liking her instagram post which is a very 2018 thing to have just typed out.

This pic that she liked made me lol:

That's pretty unambiguous. She's like one post away from 'shopping herself punching a Nazi in the face.

I know people are saying this:

And yes, this was a VERY GOOD BUSINESS DECISION but I see the timing as less of a Fuck You cash grab and more of a calculation that she didn't want her shows to become a lightning rod for controversy and protest while touring. It was a hugely successful tour, but if she'd come out as a Dem in the middle of it, it could have become this nasty thing in the headlines of the outrage blogs and tabloids every day, and that's not the narrative she wanted while she was out there on stage every week. It would have been unnecessarily messy.

And security reasons, of course! She already gets enough death threats as it is. At one point later in the tour they had to shift the position of her piano because of concerns that she wouldn't be able to see someone coming up behind her (there are a couple of vids where she gets very twitchy about it and actually stops playing because she thought she heard someone creeping up behind her), and they had to tighten security at a couple of shows because of credible threats in those particular cities. Waiting until she's just about to leave the country to drop a truth bomb and incite more ragesmash idiots was actually the smart thing to do, safety-wise.

As for the MAGA tears, there's a range of reactions that fall into the following main categories (The meltdowns have been epic, but totes unoriginal down the line.):

1) "Who cares about Taylor Swift?/Who is Taylor Swift?"

2) "I USED TO LIKE HER BUT NOW SHE DIXIE CHICKED HERSELF WATCH HER CAREER CRASH AND BUUUURN"

3) "My Aryan Barbie Dreams are over suicidal ragesob" (no for reals there's a whole gross subculture of neo-nazis who have basically constructed fanfic over Taylor being their Ideal Woman and they are piiiiiissed about this)

4) "George Soros paid her to say that! It's not what she actually believes!"

5) "Shut up little lady and leave the politicking to the grown-ups/ Well, good thing 13 yr olds can't vote lol"

6) "Maybe if she could keep a boyfriend we would care what she has to say"

7) " SHUT UP YOU COASTAL ELITE"

ad infinitum.

Only saw one vid of someone burning their TS cds, ha.

And oops -- the AMAs are actually tomorrow night in NY, not tonight. They are probs doing rehearsals today.

There's an empty seat next to Tay?

I saw one rumor that it was gonna be Joe (and he is currently in NYC doing a photo shoot, so that's possible) and one rumor that it was gonna be Michelle Obama. That would be a hoot. It's probably reserved for Karlie, though. Duh. (it's actually probably just a seat for Tree!Paine! or Mama Swift, but wevs, she should totally bring Kamala Harris as her plus 1.)

ETA Here's the vid of someone burning Taylor CDS.

Those idiots burning their own stuff will never stop being funny.
              Last edited by ophy; 10-08-2018, 03:09 PM.

Comment

• I was not a believer in Taylor as a progressive, but I was wrong, and I am glad. I can love her music with no ambivalence.

I love everything about this - the timing, the stans being so proud, Taylor liking all their posts, 4chan exploding with rage. it’s just delicious in every way.

Comment

• I was not a believer in Taylor as a progressive, but I was wrong, and I am glad.

Comment

• The amount of discussion one popstar's post is causing out there is kERRRAzy. And the most random people, too . . .

Gotta wonder if she knew there would be quite so much chatter? This will probably draw a looooot of attention to her public appearance tomorrow night.

Well, actually . . .

LOS ANGELES (KABC) --

Voting registrations nationwide and in Tennessee have significantly increased just a day after singer Taylor Swift posted a rare political Instagram post.

According to Vote.org on Monday, nationwide, there have been 51,308 new registrations in the past 24 hours.

It also saw a general spike in website traffic in the last 24 hours, with 155,940 unique visitors.

In the state of Tennesse, 2,811 registrations from September increased to 3,582 in October so far, and 2,144 of those were in the last 36 hours, according to the website.

The climb in registration numbers comes after Swift posted her political opinion on Instagram Sunday.

Didn't know so many 13 yr old girls could register to vote, Mr.Huckleberry!

WaPo is on the MAGA incel beat with a swiftness (pardon the pun). This is fascinating! It's a corner of 'fandom' (? I mean it's obviously not REALLY fandom but it is?) I am not familiar with and don't wanna be familiar with, but oh man, these guys are fucked up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...ent-democrats/

‘A betrayal beyond words’: The far right melts down over Taylor Swift’s endorsement of Democrats

Taylor Swift’s declaration that she plans to vote for Democrats next month fell like a hammer across the Trump-worshipping subforums of the far-right Internet, where people had convinced themselves, for reasons it will take some time to explain, that the world-famous pop star was a secret #MAGA fan.

The news caught 4chan and Reddit trolls mid-post. On the pro-Trump r/The_Donald board, someone had just written out a sexual fantasy in which Swift and Kanye West hooked up because “Trump being the best president is actually something they both agree on.” The author edited the post minutes later: “NVM didn’t realize Taylor sold out to the left.”

Missives about Swift’s perceived betrayal of conservatism clogged far-right message boards. Some simply refused to believe what she had written to her 112 million Instagram followers Sunday evening — a 400-word condemnation of “systemic racism,” homophobia and Rep. Marsha Blackburn, the GOP Senate candidate in her home state of Tennessee, complete with Swift’s endorsement of two Democrats: Phil Bredesen, the party’s Senate candidate, and Rep. Jim Cooper.

“This is more than likely from Democratic MK ultra forces from above,” m3Me_Magic wrote on The_Donald. “I highly doubt Swift decided to become political at the 11th hour all on her own.”

That a 28-year-old celebrity — even one who had previously kept her politics private — would weigh in on a potentially crucial midterm election seems much less strange than the story of how the far-right Internet came to believe Swift was their secret ally — “our girl,” as many put it.

The delusion traces back to the middle of the Obama administration, 2011, when a certain fraction of 4chan users convinced themselves that Swift had let them name her cat.

In some ways, it’s not much different from how every other conspiracy theory arises out of nonsense on that anonymous message board:

Among the hundreds of thousands of posts written on 4chan that November, one was a kitten-naming contest. The winning name was Meredith, which — lo and behold — was also the name of Swift’s new kitten, according to a People Magazine article that 4chan users subsequently passed around in astonishment.

The fact that Swift had named her kitten Meredith at least three days before the contest was held made little difference to those who convinced themselves she was a secret 4chan user. Amateur sleuths began sifting through the website in search of more supposed secret messages from the pop star, coming up with a photo of someone’s window blinds that looked like Swift’s and an anonymous message from a “conservative” “entertainer” who claimed to be “one of the 50 most famous people on the planet.”

A myth that began with a kitten took a dark turn a few years later, when a neo-Nazi blogger came across a joke meme that mashed up photos of Swift with quotes from Adolf Hitler. He apparently mistook these as authentic and published them on the Daily Stormer under the headline:“Aryan Goddess Taylor Swift: Nazi Avatar of the White European People.”

Probably not many people believed Swift was a Nazi — but between the 4chan rumors and the Daily Stormer memes, a vague but widespread belief spread across right-wing circles that the star was on their side.

“Swift is very white and very blonde,” Milo Yiannopoulos wrote on Breitbart in 2016. “She was born on, and grew up in, a Christmas tree farm in rural Pennsylvania. You heard me right: a Christmas tree farm. Little wonder the tradition-oriented alt-right are swooning.”

More than swooning — they were expecting.

“Taylor Swift will soon come out of the MAGA closet,” reads a typical post from that era on The_Donald, complete with a doctored photo of the star in a “Make America Great Again” hat.

“Taylor Swift is secretly based,” a user called MrGreggle wrote on Reddit last year, after learning she had sent flowers to a police officer injured in the Las Vegas massacre. “She gets flak all the time for refusing to become a leftist spokesperson and she let 4chan name her cat.”

To be sure, there were warning signs, if anyone cared to look. “I’ve never seen this country so happy about a political decision in my entire time of being alive,” she told Rolling Stone at age 19, after the election of Barack Obama. She came out for gun control in March. She was shown on Time magazine’s “Person of the Year” cover in 2017 as one of the “silence breakers” fighting back against sexual harassment. The cover story cited her legal battle with former radio DJ David Mueller, whom she accused of sexual misconduct.

But hope springs eternal until it suddenly goes dry, which it did abruptly Sunday night.

MrGreggle redistributed his allegiance to the libertarian punk musician Michale Graves after seeing Swift’s Instagram post. Another regular on The_Donald who had once sung her praises claimed he didn’t listen to her.

“I would say 90% of T_D thought she was ‘our girl,’” added dieselnut, who a few hours earlier had been celebrating photos of police “groping” women protesting Supreme Court nominee Brett M. Kavanaugh. “No hard feelings fellas, but let’s not claim them as our own until they prove they love America.”

“GG, you just lost over half of your fanbase, including me,” SwimmingJunky wrote in one of The_Donald’s most popular posts Monday morning, up-voted by thousands of people. (Even the president said Monday that he likes Swift’s music "about 25 percent less now, OK?”)

And where there was not despondency, there was anger.

“Nobody pisses off 4chan,” wrote MartianSpaceCat. “She will regret this move for that reason alone.”

Maybe. Even on a good day, 4chan’s overtly misogynistic /pol/ board is awash in rants from men angry at “feminists” and “social justice warriors” they believe have taken over society.

As you’d expect, the mood was more foul than usual after the forum’s imaginary protege declared her real feelings. The Washington Post’s language policies prevent linking to most of what 4chan had to say.

Suffice to say, a meme of Pepe the Frog openly weeping with a gun to his head appeared in one of the most popular threads, more or less summing up the mood.

---By Avi Selk

So many similarities with the ks, right??! Even the vocabulary and the idea that she sends them sekrit signals to show that she's on their side. Just goes to show that all conspiracy theories can be boiled down to a few repeatable patterns and essentials.

Yiiiiiikes. I assume the guy below is one of the guys from above:

These guys are fucking scary. And it's not slowing down out there much? I mean, she posted over 24 hrs ago, and it's all still roiling and boiling over in the cesspits.

Once the AMAs are over, Taylor heads to Australia, New Zealand, and Japan . . . then soon after that, she'll be back in London to film CATS. Definitely not a bad idea to stay away from Trump's AMERIKKKA for awhile.

. . . and LOL at him only reducing his presumably fervent love of TSwizzle by a mere 25%.

Last edited by ophy; 10-08-2018, 08:39 PM.

Comment

• Swiped these gifs from a k blog:

A lot has changed since Taylor was 22 back in 2011! The world is quite a bit different now.

Anyway, voter regs have spiked AND Taylor's albums are rising, so this was mos def a win? Tree! Paine! seems proud enough.

I guess that answers the question of WHO CARES WHAT TAYLOR SWIFT THINKS?

. . .. and that answers the outcry of YOUR CAREER IS NOW OVAH YOU SECOND RATE DIXIE CHICK.

Okay, the delusional big K quote of the day:

I currently have four strong sources. *♂️*♂️*♂️*♂️

I believe all of them to be credible. Three of them have proven to be … based on telling me something in advance, and it later turning out to be true. Also, the specificity of what they give me is convincing. The fourth source is a different type of source who gave me so much detail that I trust it. Their information made sense out of something we are seeing.

These four sources all appear to have different types of relationships with Taylor, Karlie, and/or their teams. All of them seem supportive of Kaylor.

Do I think Taylor is one of these sources communicating with me? I feel confident that she is definitely not three of the four of them. Could she be the other one? Perhaps. But that is based on nothing more than wishful thinking, and not being able to rule it out yet. Perhaps if they message me while Taylor is in the middle or her AMA performance, then I can rule out that the fourth one is her.

I have no idea if their teams are reaching out to me directly through these sources or not. But, I am very confident that their teams are watching us closely.

Amaaaazing how all tinhatting is really the same tinhatting.

Before she attended a Rep show last month, that same Big K posted (several times) an invitation to Tree and Taylor to meet her in person and ask her to stop spreading the k gospel and take her blog down and if they didn't do that she would take it as a sign that errrything she believed was right and they wanted her to continue to fight the good fight. Ha. You can guess what happened.

But for reals, the ks are probably right that Taylor's team does know who they are. Which is why none of the tumblr Big Ks, despite their focus on Taylor and their fairly large traffic/follower numbers, got invited to any of the Secret Sessions or Rep rooms this era.

I know y'all like bigfooty pics with circles and arrows, so here's folks speccing that Taylor is engaged to Karlie/Joe:

I think thats quite a reach, although it would be all that shocking if she was. And if so, maybe this is Joe's engagement gift?

Alwyn is not so sure. “In this business, if you stop asking questions, you’re cheating yourself,” he offers, as sage as a seasoned veteran. He’s also clearly adept at answering personal questions, disclosing everything and revealing nothing at the same time. When we’re close to wrapping up our interview, Alwyn checks the time, revealing an elegant, small-faced Patek Philippe watch that’s been concealed under his left sleeve. A present to himself or from someone special, I can’t help but ask, hoping against hope that he will share that it was from Swift.

“It was a present,” he says with a wicked grin. Then he’s off, with the quiet assuredness of someone who’s right on time for his appointment with fame. -- W Magazine

Speaking of Taylor's two secret fiance/es . . .

Man, that didn't take long. She followed him right after the Nashville show, got some press for it, and then unfollowed him only a week later.

He never followed her back anyway.

(Many of the squad follows him, but I think he only followed Gigi back. #TayGi4EVA)

Last edited by ophy; 10-09-2018, 01:39 PM.

Comment

• Thanks, o! The Bigfoot-sequel photos are absolutely an engagement ring! I can tell.

4chan would scare me on her behalf, but I know she has security out the wazoo, so I am sure they have that under control. Still, super creepy. I love that Rosanne Cash was in support; her daddy would be proud.

If Joe didn’t follow Karlie back, then I am in support of her unfollow. I mean, it’s not like they’’re strangers.
                        Last edited by vanessa; 10-10-2018, 03:10 AM.

Comment

• Excelllent round-up, o!
                          6 YEAR COMMITMENT TO THE PAIN OF SHIPPING DE. I DONT COMMIT TO MY OWN LIFE AS MUCH DO YOU UNDERSTAND

Comment

• Excelllent round-up, o!

Oh, Lawdy, don't encourage me, y'all!

But since you did, here's an obnoxiously long AMAs post . . ..

I'm digging Taylor dressing as a 60s mod disco ball:

It's Balmain 2019, apparently, so that means it is clothing from the (very near) future!. IN 2019 WE WILL ALL DRESS AS SHINY DISCO ROBOTS.

A hair and make-up close-up:

Yep, it's pretty good. All of it was pretty good, even though the dress and boots looked hella uncomfortable to walk and sit in.

But! I'm mad at the AMAs! WHY U NO LET TAYLOR SWIFT SAY SHIT ON MY TEEVEE???

This link might still have the whole performance on it: https://streamable.com/5aoll

One thing I noticed during the actual performance of IDSB that I haven't seen mentioned (and can't find a pic of?) was that a guy dressed vaguely like Loki came out to dance with her during the HIddlewiddle verse. I'm not the only one who saw that, right?

It looked kinda like this costume, but in red and black instead of green:

Maybe I'm just going crazy and seeing things. MAYBE I'M NOT.

I do love how so many outlets assumed the 'narcissist' and 'talk shit' verses were about Trump, thereby erasing Coolio Hoovertown from Taylor's narrative once again.

Swifties were freaking out most about Karyn popping up during the I Did Something Bad performance, though, because Taylor doesn't normally use the snakes for that song.

Karyn even trended worldwide! Joe must be proud.

Taylor acknowledged Karyn's impact:

It was the first time she's performed at an awards show in 3 years, so I'm not surprised that the production was so over the top. Of course she had to drag a six story snake on to the stage. Of course she did.

She did win 4 awards, which I think justified the whole spectacle:

That beats Whitney's record, and she's two away from beating Michael Jackson's. But of course, she won't be able to win those two now that she has most unfortunately Dixie Chick'ed herself. Sad!

Her Artist of The Year acceptance was the only one where she touched on the political, when she said "this award and every single award being given out tonight were voted on by the people . . . and you know what else is voted on BY THE PEOPLE . . . the midterm elections on November 6th. Get out and vote, I love you guys." So obvs that made new headlines again.

And after all that spec about who Tay's plus one was going to be, it ended up being Claire, Tay's extremely pregnant friend:

I can tell you right now that nobody had Claire Winter on their bingo card.

. . . and Tree! Paine! came as well so I wasn't totally off in my guesses:

And! Tay hinted at TS7:

. . . although some people thought she was REALLY hinting that she's about to come out/announce an engagement etc.

Based on the kinds of posts she was liking on tumblr later, I think it's definitely about the next album and not anything else, though:

https://palegingerbabies.com/post/178905120903/im-even-more-excited-about-the-next-chapter

This should shake up the ks (although it won't, because nothing does) . . .

TAYMILLA4EVA.

I mean, when this kind of thing happens then either she's the gal that snuggles and loves on other gals platonically as a normal thing (which renders most of the K'lor 'evidence' moot) or she's the gal who is glasscloseting with Camilla now and not! with Karlie! so either way . . .

But I checked, and they are just ignoring Taymilla entirely. Instead they are focused on whether or not the backdrop of IDSB matches a necklace Karlie has been seen wearing, because that's obviously way more relevant.

For the record:

Last edited by ophy; 10-10-2018, 09:42 AM.

Comment

• Taylor doubled down on her voting message last night after winning so she doesn't much care about the brokenhearted neo Nazis. And! KK gave her a show of support in her insta stories about her original post denouncing Marsha Blackburn.

I thought the opening performance was a'ight. Taylor is better from a distance when she's dancing and singing live. She's too herky jerky up close and her acting is always kinda sketch. It's all a little cringey when the cameras are right up on her.

Comment

• I don't care for that song so it was "meh" for me but I like the snake!

Comment

Working...
                                X