The Study of Swiftology

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am fascinated-horrified by the ks.

I know right? It's like a trainwreck. They just keep on twisting themselves into knots to make it all make sense, when it never will.

You know that k blog I mentioned where the blogger is starting to push back on all the ridiculous 'reaches' and contortions and who got kicked out of the kommunity for saying she thought Tay was bi? (the heretik!) Well, lots of other ks are reaching out to her anonymously now to thank her and to say they agree with her that all of the 'source' stuff is looking pretty bogus right now, and one person told her this:

One blog even told me that she used to say that she had sources and that she had insider info but that it was all bullshit and now she laughs at the way she used to act like that. She’s said it on her own blog and not just to me.

So . . . yeah. We now have ks admitting to planting fake blinds and also admitting to making up sources as well.

Oh sorry, 'kookie' and 'krumbles'.

I would totally think it was a pretty damn cool thing for someone of Taylor's stature to come out as LGBT (IT'S 2018 EVERYONE SHOULD BE BI) but the side effect would be that all of these poor suckers would think that meant every wackadiddle assertion they ever made was ABSOLUTE TRUTH . . . which would be both hilars and sad, really.

Comment

• Reminder that just cuz two people dressed up in wedding attire doesn’t mean they’re married.
      Second reminder that just cuz two people did NOT dress up in wedding attire or hang out for 2 years or seem to give a shit about each other at all anymore doesn't mean they're NOT married.

Comment

• Amazing. Fandom is so much like high school.
        sigpic

Comment

• Thank you for your service, Ophy! I feel like I would like to do a PhD on Tumblr fandoms.. if they weren't so head-wreckingly mental. The logical tone in the midst of deranged invention!

You may recall that I question whether Dianna Agron is legally married to Winston, or if they just gave the appearance of a wedding.

Comment

• Well, now we know.

Taylor announced from Tokyo that she is leaving Big Machine and joining Republic/Universal:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/n...niversal-music

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...ds-umg-757711/

No word on her old masters yet (although Universal is the one bidding on Big Machine right now . . . so maybe that was part of the deal?) but she did get two major concessions . . . she gets to own her masters going forward, and she finagled payouts to artists on future sale of Spotify shares. No info on straight numbers in general, though.

I dig her commitment to making sure errrybuddy gets paid:

While terms of the deal were not announced, a source close to the situation tells Variety that it makes Spotify payments non-recoupable.

“In the same vein as her Apple letter, Taylor Swift negotiated a history-making record deal that positively affects artists. She knew she had an incredible amount of leverage and could have used that to get her own previous masters back, or to merely focus on getting the biggest cash advance for herself but instead, the most important thing to her was to negotiate a better deal regarding Spotify payments for Universal artists and make them non-recoupable.”

In 2015, Swift wrote a letter to Apple slamming the company for not paying artist royalties during its free-trial period; the following day, the company changed that policy.

That's probably going to be the takeaway headline from all of the above.

In personal news, Taylor used her week long break from tour to hang out in LA with Joe and go to the after parties of The Favourite LA premiere and the Mary Queen of Scots premiere. (One party was on Thursday, the other was Friday).

https://people.com/music/taylor-swif...te-emma-stone/

“Taylor showed up at the afterparty and stayed until the end with Joe,” an onlooker tells PEOPLE of the couple whose relationship was made public in May 2017.

“She and Emma Stone were chatting up a storm,” the onlooker says of Alwyn’s The Favourite costar. “Taylor just stayed by Joe’s side the whole night.”

. . .

As of late, Swift has been by Alwyn’s side as his acting career continues to skyrocket. Her support comes after fans spotted the British actor at her Reputation tour stops, where he’s been seen supporting her from the audience.

The Favorite really might in contention for the Oscars, which makes me wonder if Taylor actually said anything about going or if the person was just specc'ing.

Anyway, back to back industry events for Joe got the ks grumbling (obvs) because she didn't spend any of her break with Karlie (well, I mean . . .duh?). But most infuriating of all! no shiny pap pics means they can't even dismiss Taylor's support of Joe as just a stunt.

The kween ain't bothered, even though she's been swearing up and down that Taylor and Joe weren't going to be seen together ever again:

There is zero indication that she went ‘with him’. This after party was very close to her home. It was an easy drop in by herself. I do not consider this a Toe public appearance. This was just more movie promo, as is certainly required by her side of the contract.

We could just as easily say she went ‘with her long time friend Emma Stone*’. But heteronormativity says she went ‘with him’.

As an anon said, “When promo for the favorite is done the “appearances” will be done also. She’s helping out Emma’s movie by being “tied” to him.”

BOOM. GOAL POSTS MOVED (again).

* if the kween is not careful, the ks are going to start assuming that Taylor left Karlie for Emma Stone, just sayin'.

Anyway, Taylor is liking Joe's posts in a matter of SECONDS now:

And there was this last week:

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...-supports-her/

EXCLUSIVE

Taylor Swift’s Boyfriend Joe Alwyn ‘Unconditionally Supports Her’

“She finds Joe to be one of the coolest guys,” a source exclusively reveals in the new issue of Us Weekly. “He’s extremely chill, laid-back and unconditionally supports her.”

I'm just sensing a real 'mutual support' theme here making me wonder if there is some kind of ground work being laid. Maybe this is all just advance promo for a new line of sports bras that they are going to launch together.

You know who isn't showing unconditional support?

BEEKDAMNIT ZAYN.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/lyapalater/...-was-traveling

In an interview with Vogue at one point in the conversation Zayn randomly says this:

"She was travelling around in a suitcase,” he says, eyes agog, of his pal Taylor Swift’s ability to avoid the paparazzi."

YOU WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO TELL THAT.

I don't actually believe it, but oh it will always be hilarious to picture.

This also seems like bull, but ha anyway:

I would totes do that if I was famous, but I really can't picture Taylor bothering to include Zayn in any anti-leak measures. She hasn't even been seen hanging with him since they did IDWTLF together.

And in 'extreme k contortions of the day', pics of the THE NYE's party of 2016/17 (the one that inspired the actual song) came to surface recently:

. . . and eagle eyed Swifties noted that the pics of Joe and his friends were from Taylor's North London rental (well, obviously):

(I'd like to note that Joe must have really chill and fantastic friends? There wasn't a single leak about Tay's whereabouts from his friends during the months she was disappeared, which is an impressive display of keeping your fucking mouth shut . . . TALKING TO YOU, ZAYN.)

. . . and the kween responded thusly:

I am told by others that it is photoshopped. Taylor is not in the pics either. Regardless though, this Toe stunt was allegedly planned since 2015, so they could easily stage a photo in 2016 of his friends in a room that they knew Taylor would be in later.

Good lord, they really do think the people behind all of this are DEVIOUS MASTERMINDS. I mean, whoever plans this stuff out so many years in advance should really be using their skills for more important kinds of conspiracies and projects than silly pop star bearding, you know? Like, solve world hunger or something, Tree.
            Last edited by ophy; 11-19-2018, 11:58 AM.

Comment

• I'm starting to resent the kaylors. Why on earth won't they support actual members of the LGTB community?
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X