No announcement yet.

The Study of Swiftology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awwwww, poor Andrea and her family. Gah. Terrible news.
    sigpic

Comment

• I've actually got a bunch of stuff saved up to post (like the Kushner dinner meme and kay reactions to the Golden Globes 'stunt'), but it'll have to be later ( I realize I say that a lot, I know!)

But! We finally got the Miss Americana trailer today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40RsbcFRwNA

Wonder what this surprise face cuteness was about?

But hey!

that's mos def Joe she is running to and hugging!

that's mos def Joe's hand, too! It also looks like some of the footage was filmed by him in the personal clips. This was a bit of a surprise because even Swifties who like them together didn't really think their relationship would be featured in the documentary at all.

okay! the kween has been PROMISING the faithful that Joe would NOT be in the doc. She said this on Jan 6th:

Oh well. Just add that to pile of kween wrongness.

The rival kween also Joe will NOt be in the doc oooops.

The Netflix docu is coming in like 2 weeks, normally only focused on her career, but showing her family and logically a few famous friends of hers. A little bird whispered lately that he’s nowhere to be seen (nor even mentioned apparently) in the docu, meaning if true they stunted more than usual last night at the Globes also to compensate that (same with the pics showing her touching his neck lol). The bearding is scheduled to continue at least until summer bc of the Lover Fest small tour, so they have to show some balance with a pushed stunt at an awards show for ALL to see, happening about 2 weeks before the docu is released, more planted articles still pushing the private/low key narrative, which will counter balance gullible people’s reactions (esp her Toe fans) to WHY he’s not in the docu, for the same reason she never mentioned a beard’s name in any song or else: bc her work and related last forever, and i don’t believe anyway that she’d agree to give him that kind of attention in a docu about HER career, which will be part of HER Legacy, even after such a long bearding for her. Tay hasn’t worked so hard for so long, hasn’t sacrificied so much to get where she is now, to give even 20 sec of eternal fame to a beard, in HER documentary, no matter for how long their mascarade has been lasting. For the same reason she still won’t walk any red carpet with him. If he’s in the docu though, it’d mean to prepare for the worst bc it’d smell a fake engagement following. And remember i explained in september that it wasn’t off the table with his new contract. So let’s hope the little bird is correct

Well, wrongness is the only thing she and the kween have in common anymore!

This has been the kay reaction after the trailer:

Yeah, I don't think this watching this doc is going to be much fun for them AT ALL.

Also! there was a cover story about Taylor in Variety this week as promo for the documentary:

https://variety.com/2020/music/featu...na-1203471910/

About CATS:

Not that you’ll hear Swift utter a discouraging word about it all. “I’m happy to be here, happy to be nominated, and I had a really great time working on that weird-ass movie,” she declares. “I’m not gonna retroactively decide that it wasn’t the best experience. I never would have met Andrew Lloyd Webber or gotten to see how he works, and now he’s my buddy. I got to work with the sickest dancers and performers. No complaints.”
      Politics:
      he singer is successful in enlisting tens of thousands of young people to register to vote, but her senatorial candidate of choice, Democrat Phil Bredesen, loses to Republican Marsha Blackburn, whom she’d called out as a flagrant enemy of feminism and gay rights.

“Definitely, that was a bigger disappointment for me,” Swift says, pitting the midterm snub against the Grammy snub. “I think what’s going on out in the world is bigger than who gets a prize at the party.”

. . .

“I saw how one comment ended such a powerful reign, and it terrified me,” says Swift. “These days, with social media, people can be so mad about something one day and then forget what they were mad about a couple weeks later. That’s fake outrage. But what happened to the Dixie Chicks was real outrage. I registered it - that you’re always one comment away from being done being able to make music.”

. . .

Maybe the most transfixing scene in “Miss Americana” is one where Swift argues with her father and other members of her team about the statement she’s about to release coming out against Blackburn and - it’s clear from her references to White House opposition to the Equality Act - Donald Trump too. The comments were so spontaneous that Wilson wasn’t there to film the moment, but the director had asked people to turn on the camera if anything interesting transpired, and here it most certainly did.

“For 12 years, we’ve not got involved in politics or religion,” an unnamed associate says to Swift, suggesting that going down the road of standing against a president as well as Republican gubernatorial and Senate candidates could have the effect of halving her audience on tour. Her father chimes in: “I’ve read the entire [statement] and… right now, I’m terrified. I’m the guy that went out and bought armored cars.”

But Swift is adamant about pressing the button to send a nearly internet-breaking Instagram post, saying that Blackburn has voted against reauthorizing the Violence Against Women Act as well as LGBTQ-friendly bills: “I can’t see another commercial [with] her disguising these policies behind the words ‘Tennessee Christian values.’ I live in Tennessee. I am Christian. That’s not what we stand for.” Pushing back tears, she laments not having come out against Trump two years earlier, “but I can’t change that… I need to be on the right side of history… Dad, I need you to forgive me for doing it, because I’m doing it.”

Says Swift now, “This was a situation where, from a humanity perspective, and from what my moral compass was telling me I needed to do, I knew I was right, and I really didn’t care about repercussions.” She understands why she faced such heated opposition in the room: “My dad is terrified of threats against my safety and my life, and he has to see how many stalkers we deal with on a daily basis, and know that this is his kid. It’s where he comes from.”

. . .

Part of her politicization, she says, is feeling it would be hypocritical to hang out with her gay friends while leaving them to their own devices politically. In the film, she says, “I think it is so frilly and spineless of me to stand onstage and go ‘Happy Pride Month, you guys,’ and then not say this, when someone’s literally coming for their neck.”

A year and a half later, she elaborates: “To celebrate but not advocate felt wrong for me. Using my voice to try to advocate was the only choice to make. Because I’ve talked about equality and sung about it in songs like ‘Welcome to New York,’ but we are at a point where human rights are being violated. When you’re saying that certain people can be kicked out of a restaurant because of who they love or how they identify, and these are actual policies that certain politicians vocally stand behind, and they disguise them as family values, that is sinister. So, so dark.”

Gah, poor Andrea:

One thing Taylor Swift can’t bend to her determined will is her family’s health. She revealed a few years ago that her mother, Andrea, a beloved figure among the thousands of fans who’ve met her at road shows, is battling breast cancer. Swift addressed the uncertainty of that struggle in an anguished song on her latest album, “Soon You’ll Get Better.” Many who view “Miss Americana” will look for signs of how her mom is doing. The subject comes up in a section of the film that includes a relatively light-hearted scene in in which it’s shown that one of Andrea Swift’s ways of saying “eff you” to cancer recently was to break the mold and bring a canine - her “cancer dog” - into a famously feline-friendly family.

The real answer may come in Swift’s touring activity for “Lover.” Whereas typically she’d spend nine months in the year after an album release on the road, she plans to limit herself to four stadium dates in America this summer and a trip around the festival circuit in Europe. This may not be 100% for personal reasons: “I wanted to be able to perform in places that I hadn’t performed in as much, and to do things I hadn’t done before, like Glastonbury,” she says. “I feel like I haven’t done festivals, really, since early in my career - they’re fun and bring people together in a really cool way. But I also wanted to be able to work as much as I can handle right now, with everything that’s going on at home. And I wanted to figure out a way that I could do both those things.”

Is being able to be there for her mother the main concern? “Yeah, that’s it. That’s the reason,” she says. “I mean, we don’t know what is going to happen. We don’t know what treatment we’re going to choose. It just was the decision to make at the time, for right now, for what’s going on.”

In her case, it’s as if her manager had taken seriously ill as well as the person she’s always been closest to, all at once. “Everyone loves their mom; everyone’s got an important mom,” she allows. “But for me, she’s really the guiding force. Almost every decision I make, I talk to her about it first. So obviously it was a really big deal to ever speak about her illness.”

During filming, when Andrea’s breast cancer had returned for a second time, “she was going through chemo, and that’s a hard enough thing for a person to go through.” Then it got harder. Speaking about this latest development publicly for the first time, Swift quietly reveals: “While she was going through treatment, they found a brain tumor. And the symptoms of what a person goes through when they have a brain tumor is nothing like what we’ve ever been through with her cancer before. So it’s just been a really hard time for us as a family.”

I assume when breast cancer returns and then you find a brain tumor, it's really hard to stay hopeful. No wonder Taylor is cutting the Lover tour so short.

The doc itself:

If there’s a feminist agenda in “Miss Americana,” Wilson and Swift wanted it to emerge naturally, although the director admits it was pretty blatant from the outset, given that she set up the film (which is co-produced by Morgan Neville, the director’s “sounding board”) with an all-female crew. Or nearly all-female, says Wilson, laughing, “I will say that we did always have male production assistants, because I like trying to show people that men can fetch coffee for women.”

She's been writing a ton more music:

Being more transparent “feels great with this album. I really feel like I could just keep making stuff - it’s that vibe right now. I don’t think I’ve ever written this much. That’s exhibited in ‘Lover’ having the most songs that I’ve ever had on an album” (18, to be exact). “But even after I made the album, I kept writing and going in the studio. That’s a new thing I’ve experienced this time around. That openness kind of feels like you finally got the lid off a jar you’ve been working at for years.”

Cipher-dom never could have stood for long for someone who’s established herself as one of the most accomplished confessional singer-songwriters in pop history. “I don’t really operate very well as an enigma,” she says. “It’s not fulfilling to me. It works really well in a lot of pop careers, but I think that it makes me feel completely unable to do what I had gotten in this to do, which is to communicate to people. I live for the feeling of standing on a stage and saying, ‘I feel this way,’ and the crowd responding with ‘We do too!’ And me being like, ‘Really?’ And they’re like, ‘Yes!’”

Swift believes talking things up again isn’t a form of giving in to narcissism - it’s a way of warding off commodification.

“The bigger your career gets, the more you struggle with the idea that a lot of people see you the same way they see an iPhone or a Starbucks,” she muses. “They’ve been inundated with your name in the media, and you become a brand. That’s inevitable for me, but I do think that it’s really necessary to feel like I can still communicate with people. And as a songwriter, it’s really important to still feel human and process things in a human way. The through line of all that is humanity, and reaching out and talking to people and having them see things that aren’t cute.

“There’s a lot that’s not cute in this documentary.”

There will also be a new song in the doc 'Only The Young' which will have political overtones.

Why Netflix?

So is the film aimed at satisfying the fan base or teasing the unconvinced hordes who might dial it up as a free stream? “I think it’s a little bit of both,” Swift says. “I chose Netflix because it’s a very vast, accessible medium to people who are just like, ‘Hey, what’s this? I’m bored.’ I love that, because I do so many things that cater specifically to fans that like my music, I think it’s important to put yourself out there to people who don’t care at all about you.”

I'm excited for this, not gonna lie, but it sounds like it's going to be A LOT and there's no way I'm making it through Andrea and Taylor finding out that Andrea's cancer has returned and gotten worse without blubbering.

Bonus! Another kween of kay predictions which will turn out to be WRONG because of course they will:

. . . and given her pattern of wrongness, I think this means Karlie is ALREADY pregnant, right?

No worries though! the kween is DUNZO by March 1:

HUZZAH.

*side note: Karlie was not 'missing' while Taylor was in the Maldives, she was posting almost daily from New Zealand. Where she spent NYE with her actual husband.

Speaking of the Maldives!

https://www.eonline.com/news/1111847...-maldives-trip

Taylor Swift Super Fan Dishes on Surprise Serenade During Maldives Trip

For New Year's Eve, the famous couple took a romantic getaway to the Maldives, where they spent some time on the beach, listened to live music and had a low-key night.

According to Matthew Crane, who performed in front of the celebrity pair during the holiday (and is a major Swiftie!) shared his special experience with E! News.

Matthew Crane: It was a fantastic night, and there were many different guests there throughout the event. I sang at the front of the beach, on the jetty, where the guests arrived for about an hour and a half there. Later on, all the guests left for the main event that was on the other side of the island. There was a big stage and it had lots of different food. That's where the guests were for the party area, and I sang on the main stage for another 15-20 minutes from there.

E! News: When did you realize you were singing for the famous couple?

MC: They were the last group to arrive, so there was no one else on the jetty. I saw this pretty, pretty couple and their friends, and as she walked up from where she got off the boat, I realized who she was—it was Taylor Swift and Joe Alwyn. She was in a really pretty black sequins dress that went down to her knees. Joe was wearing a nice collared shirt with shorts or trousers, because they were on an island, there was a lot of people wearing smart-casual clothes.

E! News: You mentioned they arrived with their friends...

MC: Yeah, they were on holiday with their friends, on a private holiday.

MC: I sang a lot of different songs when they heard me, but it was when I finished singing that they actually stood up and clapped. And they both said simultaneously, "You've got an amazing voice, that was really good. Well done to you." And then they walked off to the main event, which was on the other part of the island. And sang a bit later, and Taylor's best friend, Abigail [Anderson Lucier], came up to me said, "How does that voice come out of that small, young body of yours." She told me I was brilliant and she shook my hand.

E! News: What was it like performing for just them, since they were the last group to arrive?

MC: It was just so intimate. It was me, a dancer and them, so it was strange singing to one of the biggest pop stars in the world right now.

E! News: Is there anything else you'd like to share with our readers about your experience?

MC: Being in the Maldives, for one thing, it's an opportunity to sing there. But the most thing was singing to Taylor Swift, and actually getting some sort of praise and recognition. That was really nice.

Swifties have reckoned there were at least 7 of their friends there, just based on who Abi started following/was followed by after NYE (mostly Joe's London people).

Can you imagine having a friend who can swoop you and your pals up in a private plane and whisk you to the Maldives for a week?

This is the dude:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7GsoYnAQkP/

. . . which is funny, because I guessed that resort when I chose pics for the thread in the other post. It's the one with the water slides! wheee!

https://www.soneva.com/soneva-jani/v...water-reserve/

I mean, WHY WOULD ANYONE choose a non water slide resort when you could choose a water slide resort it would not have made sense. Good job, Taylor and Joe.

The singer guy basically did his own mini-press tour:

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...-the-maldives/

Inside Taylor Swift and Joe Alwyn’s PDA-Filled New Year’s Eve Trip to the Maldives

Matthew Crane was hired to perform at the resort where the “Lover” singer, 30, and Alwyn, 28, were staying as guests but he didn’t expect the pair to be in the audience.

“It was by chance that I met them and sung to them,” Crane told Us Weekly exclusively on Tuesday, January 14. “I was singing on the beach (on the sand overlooking the sunset) and the guests would arrive by boat as I was singing. Taylor, Joe and her friends arrived last.”

The guests moved on to the main event on the other side of the island, which included a big stage, entertainment, food and a beach bar.

According to Crane, the duo — who enjoyed drinks and canapés on their night out — couldn’t keep their hands off of each other. “They were holding hands, laughing, chatting, sometimes looked at each other lovingly and they both pecked each other on the lips,” he recalled

However, Swift and the Harriet star weren’t too wrapped up in each other to miss Crane’s performance, which included the songs “Feeling Good” by Nina Simone and “My Way” by Frank Sinatra.

“Taylor and Joe both said, ‘You seriously have an amazing, powerful voice, keep going, you will go far,'” Crane told Us. “They both gave me a standing ovation when I sang my last song ‘Let Me Try Again’ by Frank Sinatra. They were so kind and so sweet.”

The Daily Mail got a couple more deets from him:

'She was in a really pretty black sequins dress that went down to her knees,' Crane said. Joe was wearing a nice collared shirt with shorts or trousers, because they were on an island, there was a lot of people wearing smart-casual clothes.'

The kays are NOT buying this MALARKEY! Even though we have both EYEWITNESS ACCOUNTS and a whole slew of pics from Karlie and Josh in NZ, IT DOES NOT MATTER.

KAYLOR WERE IN THE MALDIVES TOGETHER BECAUSE WE SAY SO.

I know A LOT happened today but I wanted to ask if you saw that Robin Roberts was also in the Maldives with her wife over the holidays - it must’ve been an awesome celesbian convention!

The main argument is that Joe and Taylor were not equally tan at the GGs, but . . .

ETA I posted this before realizing vanessa has already covered some of it. Thanks, v! Real life is kicking my ass big time right now.

That 'Abi was NOT THERE! from the kween bits are hilars.
      Last edited by ophy; 01-22-2020, 02:29 PM.

Comment

• I didn't really cover it; I just had to get it out.

My reading of TTB is that I no longer believe she actually buys into any of this. I think she is full-on playing with people now.

Comment

• I think she is full-on playing with people now.

You might be right! I've definitely seen that in other tinhat fandoms. If she just gave up on kaylor, she would have zero online identity, though. No more minions stroking her ego, no more thrill from being 'right' when the rest of the world is 'wrong'. That adrenaline high of a konspiracy theory is a helluva drug, for sure.

I swiped this chart from kaylorfails. I think I've posted it before, but it's always an eye opener to see just how much All Conspiracies Are The Same:

ONE DAY YOUR FAVE WILL BE GRATEFUL FOR ALL OF THIS.

That's a core mantra of the kween's belief, that Taylor WANTS the kay to keep the faith and will someday reward them for it. It's like the 'afterlife/heaven' for tinhattery, to be acknowledged as the Only True And Good Fans when All Is Revealed. Maybe the kween doesn't want to risk being left out of that eventual reward when the Gaygenda is fulfilled so she doesn't dare leave the fandom no matter how badly facts and her fiction collide.

Speaking of the gaygenda! Some kays are now saying it's Andrea's fault that the Gaygenda has been delayed indefinitely:

There's literally nothing they can't twist and make about their own delusion. Sad!

Okay, I have no segue here but I think the behind the scene bit where Taylor runs backstage to hug Joe is from the very first night of Rep tour in Glendale:

That was such an important night for her because the media said the tour was gonna flop and she was so so nervous people had turned against her and that night she found out she was still beloved of her fans so yeah, I'll bet there was relief in that hug.

You know It'll be fun putting bits together once the doc comes out.

And if Joe IS going to be in it substantially (suck it kays!) I really want to see/hear the phone call she made from the Me! set where she told him she was bringing home a third kitty.

I also want to see his proposal at the Castle of Sekrit Christmas Engagements because duh.

Comment

• Her face in that hug is going to be hard to spin as “he is just her employee who pretends to be her boyfriend”. I can’t wait for them to try though.
            Last edited by vanessa; 01-23-2020, 01:29 PM.

Comment

• I'm curious to see if there is a breaking point for the BNF Kaylors. We've seen some pleb Kaylors express frustration with Karlie over the past couple of years, but the BNFs seem to insist that Karlie is in Scooter Kushner jail and can not help herself. Like, when she eventually gets pregnant, will it obvs be a strap on belly to further the konspiracy? And when that baby totally looks like a Kushner, will it be that she was forcibly implanted with Kushner spunk?

Comment

• Like, when she eventually gets pregnant, will it obvs be a strap on belly to further the konspiracy?

There is so much overlap between kays and larries that I can unequivocally say YES to the koncept of a fake babygate in the kay fandom future. Mikey Hess (JKush's TRUE HUSBAND) and his wife Misha just announced that they are pregnant, so a kay babygate has already begun.

mikey pretend baby:

As to the alleged pregnancy … it is conceivable that Misha and/or Mikey and Jerk - all in their 30′s - want a child. Misha is certainly getting paid handsomely by the very wealthy Hess family for this marriage stunt. So did she want a baby out of it? Maybe. Another scenario is that she is a surrogate for the M and J. Or she is just going to use a baby bump, and she is not actually pregnant. An adoption could be in the works for either party. No way to know for now. Let’s sit back and observe. But, again, I find this to be potentially very positive news from KK’s perspective. It could mean that she is going to be free very soon.

Keep in mind that neither Mikey nor Misha are not celebrities so the media is not going to follow their alleged future child when they split.

IF THEY ARE NOT CELEBRITIES THEN WHAT THE FUCK ARE THEY PRETENDING TO HAVE A BABY FOR.

Speaking of the kays . . .Andrea's cancer was apparently CAUSED by all the stress of delaying the gaygenda holy hell:

So . . . babies are fake, and not letting Taylor come out is killing her mother, so you really can't put anything past the kays.

Okay! the Grammys are this weekend!

DUH.

I am so not surprised to hear that the Grammys are fucked the fuck up. And it looks like Taylor might have pulled out?

The original seating chart had her next to BTS:

But Ellen has now replaced her:

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertain...3-nominations/

EXCLUSIVE Taylor Swift Will Not Attend Grammys 2020 Despite 3 Nominations

Taylor Swift will not attend the 2020 Grammy Awards at the Staples Center in Los Angeles on Sunday, January 26, Us Weekly exclusively confirms.

The singer, 30, last performed at the Grammys in February 2016, when she opened the show with her 1989 single “Out of the Woods.”

The pop star’s decision to skip the 62nd annual ceremony may not come as a surprise to fans, as she was snubbed of nominations in most of the evening’s top categories.

Taylor hasn't performed at the Grammy's since a certain executive asshole buddy of Kooter's was installed near the head of the Academy, and she's been snubbed since then as well.

Well, guess we'll see on Sunday how it plays out.

On to the Sundance doc premiere!

Swiftie CSI:

Damn, they are good. So the surprise face in those gifs were probably from Taylor seeing how positive the reaction was to her wade into politics, I guess?

And this is how good it felt to finally speak out:

Also! Houndstooth last night!

With the director:

This is wild, the director didn't even tell her family what she was shooting?:

According to eyewitnesses, her hair wasn't cut . . . just pinned up under, I guess?

The venue was cray cray last night:

Sundance audience reactions:

A lot of fans did not get in because of how many press were there, but Taylor went out to see them anyway.

Reviews are starting to come in:

https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...miss-americana

During a heated family discussion, her father points out that old-school performers like Bing Crosby and Bob Hope never talked about politics. Swift, her eyes filling with tears, tells him she’s “sad” she didn’t publicly oppose Trump two years ago. “But I can’t change that,” she says. “I need to do this. I need you to, dad, to forgive me for doing it — because I’m doing it.”

Just as she’s about to press send on an Instagram post about Blackburn, her team is still concerned about the impact. Her publicist warns Swift that “the president could come after you.” “Fuck that,” Swift replies. “I don’t care.”

You know, Swifties have loooong said that her dad was the main reason she kept herself zipped up about anything controversial, but needing to ask him to forgive her! Whew.

In the QA afterwards, she said:

“My dad has always just been so terrified about my safety since I was a kid,” she said. “The fact that my job entails standing on a stage and, you know, there’s so many threats we get on a daily basis, but nobody ever knows about. And we try to keep that stuff under wraps as much as possible, but my dad is the one who has to see it. And so for him it was all about, ‘What could happen to you if you say this? Is my daughter in danger? And is this the moment when I should have stopped it from happening?’

“I had been speaking to my mom so much about it, and she went through the trial with me in Denver, which was a really horrible experience to have.” [Swift prevailed in a lawsuit in which she alleged sexual assault, having been groped by a radio DJ at a meet-and-greet.] And I had all the privilege in the world and financial support and the ability to pay for a brilliant lawyer. And I won that trial, but without all that, I don’t know what would have happened. So it taught me so much and, and it was the women in my life who were there every single day going into court. You know,, our political opinions are defined by what happens to us in our life. So that was one of the things that happened to me in my life, and seeing what’s happening in my home state, and then it all culminating and having to have a conversation with people who have been so wonderfully supportive of me through my entire career, feeling so afraid for my safety. And it’s a really real moment for me to watch that back.”

Men will hold you back! Women will lift you up! At least, that's my takeaway here.

Not surprised at all that her mom was like YES and her dad was like NO.

So yeah, the sexual assault trial was pivotal:

“I was unspeakably and unchangeably different after the sexual assault trial,” Swift says in the film. “No man, or organization, or my family, will ever understand what that was like.”

Despite winning the case, Swift said she didn’t feel any sense of victory “because the process is so dehumanizing.” And in her situation, she had seven witnesses and a photo backing up her claim. “What happens when you get raped and it’s your word against his?” she asks.

There's not gonna be a lot about Joe:

She was attracted to Joe Alwyn because of his ‘wonderful, normal, balanced kind of life’

Swift has dated a handful of famous men — Jake Gyllenhaal, Harry Styles, Tom Hiddleston — who have also made their way into her music. But when she started dating actor Joe Alwyn in late 2016, she liked that he had more of a “wonderful, normal, balanced kind of life.” His vibe put her at ease during a difficult time in her life, she said, when she was facing Kanye West-fueled backlash.

Alwyn barely appears in the documentary, though. At one point, she kisses his hand during a car ride. She also runs into his arms after a concert, and the couple sweetly drape their arms over each other’s shoulders as they wander around backstage.

No kids yet!

While Swift takes excellent care of her feline children — she even feeds one at her dinner table as she eats alongside the animal — she isn’t ready for kids of her own just yet. At 29, she says, part of her feels “57 years old” — but another part is “definitely not ready to have kids.” Case in point? She recalls visiting a friend who just had a baby and hearing how the newborn’s schedule consists of sleeping, eating, and being changed. Swift’s response? “So it’s like a Tamagotchi,” she says with a smile.

Fair enough. But of course fans are a little bit . . .

ET Online talking to the Variety interviewer:

“I think her fans already know so much about her that they won’t be surprised how very candid she is. [On her love life] She is not candid about her love life, that is barely glanced upon at all, so anyone looking for that - she keeps those things under the wraps. [On tackling the subject of Andrea’s health] I knew the things were sort of emotional in their camp but I didn’t know why, so I was a little bit saddened and taken aback when that came up in the interview, although certainly we knew that she had reasons for scaling back her touring activity next year. She confirmed she was scaling back her touring activity largely because she wants to be available for her family, and her mother in particular. [About the new song] The new song that’s in the documentary is called “Only The Young“ and that was something she came up with during the Lover sessions but then held back, didn’t think it was right for that album and she wanted to have it come out at the time when it might influence young people to get active politically because she wrote it after her disappointment about the midterms she got involved in. So it’s a very politically-socially conscious song, it doesn’t specify any causes but it’s basically telling young people who might be disappointed by what’s going on politically that you need to take action.”)

So no Castle of Sekrit Engagements, damnit!

However!

So that's something for the kays to chew on.

More reviews:

http://
                But the decision to hire Wilson — a dignified filmmaker whose “After Tiller” evinced both a deep concern for female agency and an uncompromising distaste for bullshit — suggests that Swift and her team weren’t wholly interested in propaganda. As Swift observes in the movie, powerful women are given the almost impossible task of being “strategic” but not “calculating,” and Wilson is so good at splitting the difference that some of her documentary’s most humanizing moments are beautiful for how they contradict Swift’s intention.

. . .
                Private without being invasive, “Miss Americana” follows Swift almost everywhere she goes. Wilson walks Swift backstage, waits for her in her armored black Suburban, and sits across from her on the superstar’s private jet. Fans will lose their minds over the studio footage of Swift fumbling through rough drafts of their favorite songs. But certain things are off limits: Her actor boyfriend Joe Alwyn never shows his face to the camera, despite Swift giving a long soliloquy about her soul-completing need to call someone at the end of the night. And her mother’s breast cancer — which Swift explicitly sings about in the heartbreaking “Soon You’ll Get Better” — is only mentioned in passing.

Sometimes those redacted areas leave too much blank space for Wilson to paper over, but at other times they help narrow the movie down to the raw (and all too relatable) story of a girl who’s on the brink of 30 and still trying to find a sustainable measure of serenity. “Do you really care if the internet doesn’t like you today if your mom is sick from chemo?,” Swift asks the camera at one point. And in lesser hands, that moment would have settled as a rhetorical question from a beautiful and ridiculously powerful multi-millionaire who’s learning to delineate between the things she can control and the things she can’t. In the broader context of Wilson’s film however, that question doesn’t seem rhetorical at all. The answer is yes. You do always care. Selling out Madison Square Garden doesn’t stop you from feeling alone. Singing like you have nothing to lose doesn’t protect you from an eating disorder. The threat of losing your closest friend doesn’t inure you from the kindness of strangers.

The power of “Miss Americana” is in watching someone who stands astride the world gradually realize that her art is the only thing that she can control. If she can only hear the boos, it doesn’t matter how loudly the rest of the world is clapping, and so she might as well do what makes her feel good. Woke Swift, who rises like a phoenix from the ashes of the singer’s sexual assault trial, is an astonishing thing to see.

. . .

It’s truly enough to make you feel like an asshole for ever thinking that Swift was some kind of Aryan crypto-fascist, and not just a mega-famous young woman who didn’t yet love herself enough to be hated for her convictions. Some astonishingly high praise: Swift’s personal growth is so pure that it redeems the cringe-inducing poptimism of those first two “Lover” singles. By the time “Miss Americana” resolves as an unambiguous plea for young people to vote Trump out of office this fall — complete with a sweet new song to hammer the message home — it’s hard to fathom how people will find new ways to dislike Swift after this. They will (make no mistake, the internet always finds a way), but for now, Taylor Swift has done the right thing by ignoring what might happen if she did the “wrong” one. And she earns our approval.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/t...ce-1203478114/

Sundance Crowd Goes Wild as Taylor Swift Becomes Powerful Voice of Trump Resistance

At the outset of the first screening of the documentary “Miss Americana” Thursday night at the Sundance Film Festival, it was clear at the outset that it was not necessarily Taylor Swift’s core audience filling the Eccles Theater for the premiere. The opening scene has Swift trying to write a song at the piano while one of her cats walks across the keys. When that occurs as the film hits theaters next Friday, it’ll draw appreciative screams from the Olivia Benson- and Meredith Grey-loving faithful. Here? Not so much, except for a few younger fans who got into the balcony’s back rows via the standby line.

But when the doc starts the take a more political turn about two-thirds of the way through, documenting Swift finding her voice as an outspoken advocate and activist, that’s when the Sundance audience started to sound a little more like her core demo, at least in short, loud bursts of appreciative whoops and hollers.

The most critical scene in the film has Swift trying to convince the men in her camp that it’s important that she step up and make an endorsement for the Democrats in Tennessee’s gubernatorial and senatorial elections. When one of them warns that the president could come after her, and she emotionally declares that she’s fine with that, it was if she’d just launched into a surprise version of “All Too Well” in concert. (Donald Trump does eventually respond by saying he likes Swift’s music 25% less since she laid into the White House for working against passage of the Equality Act.)

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/24/m...americana.html

That uncertainty permeates the first act of “Miss Americana,” in which Swift is glimpsed noodling around on new songs, teasing her mom and admitting that she had never tried a burrito until age 26. Though this footage is hardly groundbreaking, Swift remains pleasant company, and she considers that demeanor a priority: “My entire moral code,” she says, “is a need to be thought of as good.”

It is for that reason that awards shows have always meant a lot to Swift: She considers their trophies to be the ultimate affirmation from the industry that she is on the right course. When Kanye West infamously crashed her Video Music Awards acceptance speech in 2009, then, it caused a fracture that has still not quite healed.

“For someone who based her whole belief system on getting everyone to clap for you, the whole crowd booing is a pretty informative experience,” Swift says.

. . .

She also begins to question facets of her eager-to-please personality: Are women taught to seek approval at an early age, and has that held her back in ways that a man would simply brush off?

And then, to the horror of her management team, she begins to wade into politics.

The reviews have mostly been positive so far? But the NY Post called it wooden and dull, and The Guardian didn't love it, so critical reception wasn't universal. These things never are, I guess.

Most of the Swift related headlines this morning have been about this eating disorder reveal, honestly.

In the new Taylor Swift documentary, “Miss Americana,” which premiered at the Sundance Film Festival Thursday night, there’s a montage of derogatory commentary about the singer that has appeared on cable shows over the years. One of the less nasty remarks: “She’s too skinny. It bothers me.”

As it turns out, it eventually bothered Swift, too.

In one of the most revealing and surprising segments of the Netflix film, Swift talks for several minutes about having struggled in the past with an eating disorder.

After being pictured facing a phalanx of photographers after she emerges from her front door, Swift is heard in voiceover saying that “it’s not good for me to see pictures of myself every day.” Although she says “it’s only happened a few times, and I’m not in any way proud of it,” Swift admits there have been times in the past when she’s seen “a picture of me where I feel like I looked like my tummy was too big, or… someone said that I looked pregnant … and that’ll just trigger me to just starve a little bit — just stop eating.”

Swift elaborated on what she’s gone through with that in her interview with Variety for this week’s cover story, saying that it was difficult for her to speak up about it for the documentary.

“I didn’t know if I was going to feel comfortable with talking about body image and talking about the stuff I’ve gone through in terms of how unhealthy that’s been for me — my relationship with food and all that over the years,” she tells Variety. “But the way that Lana (Wilson, the film’s director) tells the story, it really makes sense. I’m not as articulate as I should be about this topic because there are so many people who could talk about it in a better way. But all I know is my own experience. And my relationship with food was exactly the same psychology that I applied to everything else in my life: If I was given a pat on the head, I registered that as good. If I was given a punishment, I registered that as bad.”

In the quiet of a hotel suite, she goes into greater detail on how formative an effect that one early tabloid torpedo had on her. “I remember how, when I was 18, that was the first time I was on the cover of a magazine,” she says. “And the headline was like ‘Pregnant at 18?’ And it was because I had worn something that made my lower stomach look not flat. So I just registered that as a punishment. And then I’d walk into a photo shoot and be in the dressing room and somebody who worked at a magazine would say, ‘Oh, wow, this is so amazing that you can fit into the sample sizes. Usually we have to make alterations to the dresses, but we can take them right off the runway and put them on you!’ And I looked at that as a pat on the head. You register that enough times, and you just start to accommodate everything towards praise and punishment, including your own body.”

She hesitates. “I think I’ve never really wanted to talk about that before, and I’m pretty uncomfortable talking about it now,” she says quietly. “But in the context of every other thing that I was doing or not doing in my life, I think it makes sense” to have it in the film, she says.

Wilson, the director, is proud of Swift for taking up the subject with such candor. “That’s one of my favorite sequences of the film,” she says. “I was surprised, of course. But I love how she’s kind of thinking out loud about it. And every woman will see themselves in that sequence. I just have no doubt.”

The filmmaker points out that there were clearly plenty of people who didn’t think Swift was too thin back in the mid-2010s. “You can also just not notice people being really skinny, because we’re all so accustomed to seeing women on magazine covers who are unhealthy-skinny, and that’s become normalized.” Even with non-celebrities, Wilson says, everybody’s a body critic. “It’s incessant, and I can say this as a woman: It’s amazing to me how people are constantly like ‘You look skinny’ or ‘You’ve gained weight.’ People you barely know say this to you. And it feels awful, and you can’t win either way. So I think it’s really brave to see someone who is a role model for so many girls and women be really honest about that. I think it will have a huge impact.”

As much as Swift may be seen as a role model for speaking frankly on the subject, she’s got her own favorite artist, so to speak, when it comes to advocacy for women’s bodily self-image issues.

“I love people like (actress and activist) Jameela Jamil, because she says things in a really articulate way,” the singer tells us. “The way she speaks about body image, it’s almost like she speaks in a hook. If you read her quotes about women and body image and aging and the way that women are treated in our industry and portrayed in the media, I swear the way she speaks is like lyrics, and it gets stuck in my head and it calms me down. Because women are held to such a ridiculous standard of beauty. We’re seeing so much on social media that makes us feel like we are less than, or we’re not what we should be, that you kind of need a mantra to repeat in your head when you start to have harmful or unhealthy thoughts. So she’s one of the people who, when I read what she says, it sticks with me and it helps me.”

In the film, then-and-now photos illustrate just how thin Swift had gotten during the “1989” era, versus the still svelte but healthier look she sported by the time she toured behind the “Reputation” album in 2018. Swift says that her under-eating in that earlier time severely affected her stamina on tour.

“I thought that I was supposed to feel like I was going to pass out at the end of a show, or in the middle of it,” she attests in the documentary. “Now I realize, no, if you eat food, have energy, get stronger, you can do all these shows and not feel (enervated).” Swift says she doesn’t care so much now if someone comments on a weight gain, and she’s reconciled “the fact that I’m a size 6 instead of a size double-zero.” Swift says she was completely unaware that anything was wrong in her double-zero era, and had a defense at the ready should it come up. If anyone expressed concern, she’d say, “‘What are you talking about? Of course I eat. …. I exercise a lot.’ And I did exercise a lot. But I wasn’t eating.”

Few women viewing the film will fail to nod their heads as Swift describes the impossibility of any body shape or size living up to all the standards for beauty. “If you’re thin enough, then you don’t have that ass that everybody wants,” she says in the film. “But if you have enough weight on you to have an ass, your stomach isn’t flat enough. It’s all just f—ing impossible.” As she became aware of the problem, Swift says in the film, it would cause her to “go into a real shame/hate spiral.”

The word “shame” comes up elsewhere in conversation with Swift, who by virtue of becoming one of the most celebrated women in the world has also had to deal with more catty comments than almost any celebrity in the world — and hasn’t always succeeded in shaking it all off.

“I was watching a Netflix Brené Brown special on shame, because I read a lot of her books, because I have dealings with shame every once in awhile,” Swift tells Variety. “She was saying something like, ‘It’s ridiculous to say “I don’t care what anyone thinks about me,” because that’s not possible. But you can decide whose opinions matter more and whose opinions you put more weight on.’ And I think that is really part of growing up, if you’re going to do it right. That’s part of hoping to find some sort of maturity and balance in your life.”

She continues, “I don’t expect anyone with a pop career to learn how to do that within the first 10 years. And I know that there’s a lot of bad stuff that’s gone on recently, a lot of really hard stuff my family is going through, and a lot of opposition and feeling pressure or suppression of one kind or another. But I am actually really happy. Because I pick and choose now, for the most part, what I care deeply about. And I think that’s made a huge difference.”

Clayd, as someone who works with models a whole lot and probably knows an eating disorder when he sees it:

. . . then hate my reflection for years and years . . .

Going to end with some kay reaction to the Golden Globes 'stunt' because why not:

Like the thing that bothers me abt taylor is not even that she stunts it’s just that there is not a single bone in her body that says ‘straight’ And neither do her songs like I can’t even imagine connecting them to dudes I don’t see her having chemistry with any dude whatsoever She’d be like the cool butch friend who drinks beer with the boys and plays video games

I have never thought she had chemistry with any male ever. even when I wasn’t a fan. part of the reson I was not a fan is bc I always thought her rs were so silly. I could not get past them to take her seriously.

talk about missing the obvious lol

1) YES LET'S TALK ABOUT MISSING THE OBVIOUS and 2) do . . . do y'all actually know what 'butch' means? cuz . . . sounds like you do not?

She constantly pushes it too far same as she did back in the day. And she wonders why she might not be able to get karlie back. If we are tired imagine how karlie felt or feels. Taylor has always overdid it and then tries to do damage control. Never gets off that wheel.
                I will say that I'm annoyed by last night's stunt, but really... how anyone thinks Taylor and Toe act like an adult couple who've been together for 3+ years and spend holidays together, live together, are potentially engaged bts, etc. is baffling to me.

BAFFLING.

Taylor grabbing Joe by the face/neck. "Remember, I am the boss. You are nothing without me. One wrong move and you end up just like the rest of them. Understood?"
                It’s difficult to think only logically about the bearding when emotionally it does get tough to see all the toes talking about that one photo. I know it’s all they have but whenever you see everyone agreeing on something it’s difficult to hold steady to your beliefs about it. Even though I know it’s bearding.

ALL THEY HAVE. Y'all's ship hasn't been seen in the same place at the same time in THREE FUCKING YEARS.

The gaylor explanation of why Taylor wasn't at her table when Ellen was talking, and yet they are overlooking the obvious? that maybe she had to pee?

It's a long fucking night, yo! People need to pee!

Oh, and as per usual, her DRESS meant . . . SOMETHING.

Why is no one talking about the fact that Taylor had her dress full of yellow daisies at the Golden Globes?

That's all just so beautiful. I mean, her dress was somehow both daisies AND roses and yet neither (because they actually were neither) and somehow also referred back to three separate song lyrics from three different songs IT'S SO ROMANTIC.

Y'ALL DESERVE APPLAUSE FOR DECIPHERING THE KODES!

And a leftover from December . . . Karlie posted this:

. . . and the kays responded thusly:

Talking about Christmas: you think Karlie's conversion is part of the stunt?

Definitely.

Karlie sure hell won't let people know if she celebrates Christmas. Like, it'd screw everything up.

How amazing would it be if she forgot that she should not celebrate Christmas

Also, Karlie's 'ex' Toni Garn got engaged to Dianna's ex Alex Pettyfer and the kays were NOT HAPPY:

EVERYONE IS BEING TOO HETERO MAKE IT STOP.

Bonus! some Tales From The Kay Krypt:

(from a tumblr anon):

I had a mutual who was a former kaylor. She was in a GC with some of the big k blogs back then and she said they were begging each other to find proof Tom was gay so they could debunk the rs. Some even called in sick to work because it was an EMERGENCY lmao!! She had to deactivate because once she realized kaylor was bullshit, some kaylors threatened to out her to her parents. She told me some of the crap that went down behind the scenes and some of it was funny but some stuff was scary!!!
                LOL one of the funniest stories my former mutual told me was that the big kaylor blogs gave the smaller blogs "assignments". One kaylor in the group lived in London and had a very distant connection to Rita Ora (I actually don't know what that meant) but they were told to make contact with Rita and find out if Calvin was gay, homophobic, racist, abusive, just anything they could use against him and send the info to tabloids to force Taylor to dump him.

Another kaylor had a relative that was a very pretty model and they told her to use her relative’s pics to try to somehow catfish Austin. They thought if he fell in love with this kaylor pretending to be some beautiful model, that he would spill the beans about how kaylor was real lol. But she was never able to make contact with Austin. But there was one story she told that was actually disturbing as hell. There was one kaylor that was an older guy…gonna send part 3…part 3) there was one older guy, he used to send in anons but I don’t think he was part of their group chat, but he told them he used to wait outside Karlie’s apt. and he once followed Karlie for several blocks hoping to catch her secretly meeting Taylor, but she met up with Josh instead and he was so angry he sent an anon saying he left the fandom. But (if true) a creepy old guy with a lesbian fetish following a young woman around makes my skin crawl. That’s some of the shit she told me.

ETA

I love this bit:

. . . and this right here below 1) is not great for the kay narrative b/c she was supposed to be madly in love with Karlie at this point and 2) tells a whole bunch about how shitty her relationship with Carbonated Hoffenpfeiffer was at the time. ("I've got a boyfriend/he's older than us/I haven't seen him in a couple of months" tea right there):

Last edited by ophy; 01-24-2020, 01:30 PM.

Comment

• I like the houndstooth very much. And I can’t wait to see the film! I wish they hadn’t delayed it till next week on Netflix.

Speaking of the kays . . .Andrea's cancer was apparently CAUSED by all the stress of delaying the gaygenda holy hell
                  Oh beek, that is just beyond cray. I can’t even mock it because it’s too scary. Also: them thinking Karlie is pretending to be a Jew is pretty much over the line into anti-Semitic.

Men will hold you back! Women will lift you up! At least, that's my takeaway here
                  I knew that already, but good as always to have it re-confirmed.

So that's something for the kays to chew on.
                  They can explain that away, easy. Taylor mouthed that to Karlie or her mom, and the editing of the film just makes it look like it was aimed at Joe.

Thanks for the round-up, O!

Comment

• Who the fuck are Mikey and Misha and why in the world would anyone care if one or both of them were gay? What in the WORLD are these people talking about? Who beards for not-famous people?

It's all so insane. And it must be so exhausting for Taylor to constantly have to keep all of her stories straight (heh) and not be confused about who she was dating when and how it played out in the media.

I'm excited to see the doc, actually. ​​​​​​
                    It’s just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Who the fuck are Mikey and Misha and why in the world would anyone care if one or both of them were gay? What in the WORLD are these people talking about? Who beards for not-famous people?

Mikey Hess is JKush's fellow-son-of-billionaires bestie (oil money, I believe) and the dude that the kween and all the hardcore kays thinks is LEGALLY MARRIED to JKush. In non-kay fantasyland, he actually married one of Princess Meghan's BFFs, fashion designer Misha Nonoo, a few months ago in Rome, which is where we got those pics of Karlie yukking it up with Ivanka and Kooter Braun and Mrs.Kooter at the TABLE OF HIDDLESWIFT HANDKISSING.

But no! You are WRONG in saying that NOBODY WOULD CURR if Mikey or Misha were gay, obvs. I mean! The Saudi Arabians would probs REFUSE to sell oil to Mikey's dad if one of his sons were gasp! NOT STRAIGHT. And! We all know how famously the fashion industry HATES gay people! IT IS VITAL THAT THEY HIDE THEIR TRUE GAY LIVES FROM THE PUBLIC WORLD (EVEN THOUGH THE PUBLIC WORLD CARES FUCK ALL WHO THEY ARE).

Anyhoo, Misha and Mikey just announced they are preggers, which set off panic alarms all across kay fantasyland and has kicked off the newest babygate.

Mikey and Misha at Meghan's wedding:

He's also an ex-friend of Taylor's sort of.

Taylor even once serenaded Mikey at his bday party back in the good ol'days:

He's another discarded wilted flower, I guess! Funny how it's basically anyone who is still willing to hang with out with Ivanka and the Kushner crew who got discarded by Taylor post-election, hmmm. It's almost like she knows where to draw the line.

MH + MN aren't the least bit significant, except that their marriage is OBVIOUSLY fake and so is their forthcoming baby, because if they AREN'T fake, than the whole premise behind a gay JKush needing a gay Karlie to beard for him to cover for his sekrit marriage with Mikey falls apart entirely.

Okay, so now we know that Taylor actually was thinking about performing The Man (which is being released this week as a new single, and we might even get a video for it?) at the Grammys, but pulled out and didn't show.

From Variety:

Taylor Swift has bowed out of a planned performance on the Grammy Awards program Sunday night just as stealthily as she bowed into it, multiple sources have confirmed to Variety.

Her appearance on the show had been kept a secret — albeit not an extremely well-kept secret — so her exit won’t create the problems that would have occurred if one of the many performers that had been announced were to have taken their leave.

Rehearsal schedules for the taping at Staples Center had included one “TBA” artist that was believed to have been reserved for Swift, possibly performing her most recent album’s feminist anthem, “The Man.”

It’s unconfirmed whether her quiet bowing out is directly related to the scandal involving the allegations flying back and forth between the Recording Academy and ousted CEO Deborah Dugan, though speculation that Swift might exit because of that was already rampant among insiders even before her MIA status was confirmed.

Page Six has the deets:

https://pagesix.com/2020/01/28/taylo...er-braun-feud/

The drama over Taylor Swift’s decision to bail on a surprise performance at the Grammys is intertwined with her all-out war with Scooter Braun, Page Six has learned.

Last week, we reported that Swift was planning to perform her feminist anthem “The Man” at Sunday’s awards show. But she decided not to perform, after a former executive alleged that there had been serious sexual misconduct inside the Recording Academy, which runs the Grammys.

One of the allegations that caused Swift to not perform was made against the Recording Academy’s general counsel, Joel Katz.

In fact, we’re told that Katz drafted the legal papers that Swift claims have prevented her from performing her own songs live. At the time, Swift called Braun an “incessant, manipulative bully.”

“[Katz] is at the forefront of sexual-harassment allegations,” says a music insider. “There is no way she was going to support that. Taylor is about supporting women.”

Katz negotiated the sale of Swift’s music catalog and of her former record label, Big Machine Label Group, to Braun in June.

Ousted Recording Academy CEO Deborah Dugan mentioned Katz in a legal filing she submitted last week, claiming he had sexually harassed her and attempted to kiss her at a dinner. Katz has denied the incident.

Meanwhile, Grammys producer Ken Ehrlich confirmed in a new interview with Variety that Swift was interested in performing at the show. “She had called us and said, ‘I really want to do the show’ … One of her representatives called and said, specifically, that she wanted to do the show for me. And then it was not confirmed,” he said. “She was never booked. I had her in a rundown. There was a placeholder if it did confirm. But she was never confirmed.” Ehrlich added he wasn’t allowed to say why she didn’t confirm, “but I understood her reasoning, let’s just say that.” Swift’s rep did not comment.

According to the jetties, she hung out in Utah for a snow vaca for a few days instead of going back to LA to perform at a rigged awards show stage managed by assholes and sexual harassers. Dugan had warned that people not attending would probably not win anything this year, and that also proved true in Taylor's case.

Neither she nor Joe have been spotted anywhere, but one of her jets did go to LA a couple of days ago, so they could be there. The one she uses the most to take her to London etc, has been sitting in St.Louis for several weeks. That's where they get parked for maintenance and customization . . . maybe she's getting 'Mrs.Joe Alwyn' embroidered on all the seat cushions why not.

Actual footage of Taylor and Joe's Xmas wedding in the Maldives:

So! the documentary will be streaming in a couple of days, and Swifties are hella nervous about it. I don't think they need to be, reviews are mixed but mostly positive. There are ariana/demi/jbiebs trolls flooding imdb with fake ratings, but that's par for the course and was to be expected.

More legit doc reax . . .

Oh hey, this dude realizes he is A DUDE:

Good for you, dude.

Anyhoo, we won't see this in the doc . . . Joe in Glendale the opening night of Rep tour, listening to Taylor call his face gorgeous while standing right next to his mom:

So blushy!

So that's what comes before the cute 'running to him in the hallway backstage' moment in the actual doc.

Oh! and Swifties have been pointing out, in relation to the quote about winning the AOTY Grammy for 1989 (saying she did not have a true 'partner' to call or high five who had been there on her journey) that yes! CH skipped the Grammys that night after saying he refused to attend award shows where he wasn't nommed, BUT he did show up to the after parties in jeans and a tshirt and Taylor was with him at three different parties that night.

This pic was taken that night:

So in retrospect, that quote was extra extra cold, ouch.

. . . I wanted to leave him, I needed a reason . . .
                      Last edited by ophy; 01-29-2020, 10:18 AM.

Comment

• I think she just realised that even though he was there, he was never "there" for her. From what I understand he is a self centered douche.

Joe is the new face of Tom Ford! The ads make his looks better (for me.)
                        sigpic

Comment

• The doc is out! I watched it this morning with the ogirl as part of her homeschooling curriculum on media studies. (i.e. mama wanted to watch it right away and then figured out a way to rationalize it, obvs).

Yeah, that was something. Gonna take a while to parse all of the insights and reflections on what it means to be a woman in this society/famous woman in this society. It was all really interesting stuff.

It's doing okay on RT and Metacritic so far, but that could change over the weekend:

Excellent Benji content right away!

She's got the pop industry nailed:

“I wish I didn’t feel like there’s a better version of me out there. I feel that way all the time. It’s a lot to process because we live in this society where women in entertainment are discarded in an elephant graveyard by the time they’re 35. Everyone’s a shiny new toy for like two years. The female artists that I know of have reinvented themselves twenty times more than the male artists. They have to, or else you’re out of a job. Constantly having to reinvent, constantly finding new facets of yourself that people find to be shiny. Be new to us, be young to us, but only in a new way and only in the way we want. And reinvent yourself, but only in a way that we find to be equally comforting but also a challenge for you. Live out a narrative that we find to be interesting enough to entertain us but not so crazy that it makes us uncomfortable*.

This is probably one of my last opportunities as an artist to grasp onto that kind of success, so I don’t know, as I’m reaching 30, I’m like, ‘I want to work really hard while society is still tolerating me being successful.’”

*ahem, Miley Cyrus

I feel like it might go a little differently for Taylor than she thinks. Her fanbase is extremely loyal, and thinks of her as an artist and a writer first and foremost, not just as a pop idol. There's a substantial number of people out there who will support what the hell she decides to do in perpetuity. Swifties ain't fickle the way the media/general public is.

Speaking of the media! I thought it was interesting that Nikki Glaser felt like she needed to apologize for the quote from her in the doc:

It would be cray if this one documentary kicks off a bunch of self reflection and explanation among media 'professionals' on this specific topic.

I don't know if Taylor cares if they do or don't at this point.

To me, however, this is THE MOST SCANDALOUS thing that happens in the movie:

SHE PUTS THE CAT FOOD ON THE TABLE WHERE ACTUAL HUMANS ARE EATING.

And this part made me feel super super bad because I remember seeing this exact pic of her in NYC and wondering if she actually was hiding a secret pregnancy, ugh.

It was obviously really interesting to see the process behind Taylor's midterm elections post, and how it was just her and Tree and Andrea before launching the post that rocked the midterms:

When watching Taylor go up against her dad and the other dudes on her team and argue for her right to speak out, the ogirl said, "those white men need to shut up" and I was all like, "baby, lemme tell you about the patriarchy and how we need to smash it."

Tree and Andrea had her back, though. I was actually impressed with Andrea throughout the whole doc. She's awesome.

SHITBAG OF SHIT is the new 'all the bricks they threw at me'.

And Kitty, her cancer dog! I really really really want Andrea to be okay.

Only The Young is fine song but much more lightweight than MAATHP, while covering similar ground, so I think it was a good choice to leave it off the album.

Folks seem to like it okay, though:

I love this face she makes:

And everything about this:

Give No Fucks Taylor is the best Taylor of them all.

The new political Tayliberal Swift also has the approval of the future President of the USA's (Abrams 2028!):

Okay, here's what the kays have to contend with . . .

All of the home vids from London, including this one:

This one is kinda easy, they can just say Karlie was filming, not Joe, wevs. (Even though they are in a rental house in London that Swifties have already identified.)

And of course some more of the bts stuff from Glendale:

kays: . . . um . . . Taylor flew him in just to stage this scene for the cameras and as soon as they stopped rolling she was probs like, "ewwww, get away from me you HIRED BEARD. Yucky man lips gross!"???

And this:

“I felt alone, I felt really bitter. I felt sort of like a wounded animal lashing out. I figured I had to reset everything. I had to reconstruct an entire belief system for my own personal sanity.

I also was falling in love with someone who had a wonderfully normal, balanced life.
                          . . . We decided together we wanted our relationship to be private. Even though it [Swift's public image in 2016] was really horrible, I was happy. But I wasn’t happy in the way I was trained to be happy. It was happiness without anyone else’s input. We were just…happy.”

WELL SHE DIDN'T SAY JOE'S NAME SO . . .

(but for reals, the more Taylor makes it clear that she's in a happy relationship that STARTED in 2016, the more the kay defenses crumble to bits.)

She also wears the J necklace about a gazillion times in the footage, but the kays are already expert at ignoring that.

But for reals, she wore it A LOT in the doc. She freaking loves that boy (duh).

And of course, all the home videos and pics Joe shot was credited to him at the end:

A few months ago, Joe registered Frosty Crew under his name, presumably because the doc was coming out. The Swifties tracked that nickname to his group of friends in London ages ago, and one of Joe's former Facebook aliases was Something Frost (I can't recall the first name). Not sure how the kays can spin that as belonging to Karlie!

Now, here's what the kays can be happy with!

Uh . . . there's a shadowy Karlie in the background of one of the archival clips where Taylor is on a red carpet in 2014. That's it?

They are also clinging to Taylor mentioning gay pride among things that she loves/wants to include when describing the Me! video to Brendon. But yeah, that's literally it.

Taylor was like, oh the kays?

So far, it's been krickets on the main kay blogs. They are probs deep into a private group chat trying to come up with their talking points for the masses right now. They had promised Joe wouldn't be in the doc at all, and that Taylor would basically be coming out, or at least heavily hint towards it, so . . .

This is all I've seen so far:

It truly was about her finding her voice and nothing else! The clip of Toe was set to fit a narrative and is minimal. We all have seen the CIWYW video of her playing her guitar. We all see in the reflection of her guitar a reflection of a woman pulling up their hair in a pony tale. We know it's not Toe.

He was just playing a role (notably the biggest of his career) yet the back of his head was all that seems to make it. Nice friendly hug surrounded by a bunch of cameras a crew. So transparent. Most of us knew going in that was legit all it would be.

Well! even if Miss Americana doesn't shake anyone's belief in the kay fantasy, it's still gotta be bad for them, right? I mean, it's pretty obvious she's not on the cusp of making the Gaygenda a reality if she let a documentary go out into the world where she talks about how much she loves her boyfriend. No imminent break-up, no coming out right around the korner, so . . .

Vulture has at least two professional kaylors on staff, and one of them is doing a real 'forest for the trees' bit here, even with the url name:

https://www.vulture.com/2020/01/joe-...mpaign=vulture

(in case it truncates, the actual title of the url is "Joe Alwyn Is Not In Taylor Swift's Miss Americana Documentary")

All the Mysterious Forms Joe Alwyn Takes in Taylor Swift’s Documentary

. . .

A Backside Giving a Hug

Coming offstage after a Reputation tour performance, Swift finds Alwyn waiting for her. He’s wearing a denim jacket and a black baseball cap and we never actually see his face, so honestly this could be a very convincing body double with the same blonde haircut if you really want to go all tinfoil hat about it. The two hug. It’s nice.

A Floating Right Hand

There’s a scene where Swift is driving a car somewhere in what we’ll assume is the U.K. since the passenger’s seat is on the left side of the vehicle. In the clip, Swift kisses the right hand of whoever is in said passenger seat. (We are going to presume it’s Alwyn.)

An Unseen Camera Operator

Taylor is sitting on the floor strumming a guitar and playing “Call It What You Want.” We’re led to believe Alwyn is the one filming her as she plays. (The song is about Alwyn, who is apparently “fit like a daydream” and “fly like a jet stream.”) At one point, she breaks from singing and mouths the words “I love you.” Cute.

A Shadow

There are several scenes of Swift frolicking around a golden field while deer prance around in the background. It’s very bucolic and also I am confused because every deer I have ever known has run away from me immediately upon sight. Anyway, amid the shots of Swift roaming the woods, we see her shadow next to another shadow. Again, we’re to believe this shadowy being is Alwyn.

Excuse me while I go listen to “Dress” on repeat and sob. (If you know, you know.)

I seriously dislike journalists who play at being kays. Just gross.

The kays are probs also not happy with headlines like these:

https://www.instyle.com/celebrity/taylor-swift-engaged

Is Taylor Swift Engaged?

Miss Americana director Lana Wilson opens up about the ring spotted in Taylor's new documentary.

In the new documentary Miss Americana, dropping on Netflix tomorrow, viewers get an intimate look at the singer’s life — from her debut as a breakout country music star to her political awakening — including a close-up of a pear-shaped sparkler on that finger in one of the film’s most poignant scenes.

After remaining silent during the 2016 election, fearing that speaking out would tarnish her career like it did the Dixie Chicks when they protested George W. Bush, Swift is emotional while discussing her disapproval of Republican Senator-elect Marsha Blackburn, who hails from Swift's home state of Tennessee. Seated alongside her mother, Andrea, and across from her father, Scott, and two other male members of her team, Swift proclaims, “I want to be on the right side of history,” accenting her statement with a hand gesture where the ring in question is clearly visible.

Asked whether Swift is indeed betrothed, director Lana Wilson remained tight-lipped. “Whoa,” she said, following the premiere at the Sundance Film Festival. “I’m going to have to revisit that scene.”

I did not see any 'pear shaped sparkler' but okay!

Joe is the new face of Tom Ford! The ads make his looks better (for me.)

Yeah, he's a good looking kid! Tom Ford certainly thinks so . . .

FASHION guru Tom Ford was open about why he made Joe Alwyn the face of his new fragrance Beau de Jour – and even more revealing about his desire to collaborate with the actor and his girlfriend Taylor Swift.

Speaking at his London launch at Mark’s Club on Tuesday night, the US designer said: “Last year Joe was in three Oscar-nominated films, he’s handsome and beautiful and he is the man of the moment – the Beau de Jour.

“I’d like to do a lot of things with him and Taylor, but I don’t know if they’re for print.”

Meanwhile, Joe was jaded after jetting over from LA following the round of Golden Globes after-parties and said: “I’m jetlagged.”

There are worse reasons to be tired . . .

I mean . . .

Joe went to that Tom Ford event in London right after the GGs, but he flew commercial (he always does when he's not with Taylor) so nobody realized he was there.

So I guess we know what Tom F. is thinking in this pic . . .

Interestingly, saw a couple of folks on tumblr who have actually seen/met Joe at movie events and at Taylor's shows and they say that the pic of him with Tom Ford is the pic closest to how he actually looks face to face. The general consensus has always been that he's better looking in person, dunno why. They say he looks a lot taller in person, too.

The campaign is fine, I guess.

These things always look so silly to me. Not as silly so far as when he was the face of Prada, though! That was hella silly.

Speaking of Joe, eagle eyed (and eared?) Swifties noted that Taylor said she was 'unpacking boxes' while on the phone with Tree waiting on the Grammy noms for Rep, and the house appeared to be a London one (didn't match any of her known US residences):

and noms came out on December 7, 2018 . . . so the thought is that we now know when she and Joe got their own place together.

That's possible! I mean, it also could have just been when they were moving from one rental to another rental, as well. 'Boxes' does kinda suggest something more permanent, though.

Also, Joe is listed as one of the presenters/attendees for the BAFTAs on Sunday, so maybe! we'll get a repeat of this Royal Couple moment:

. . . one of her jets is in LA and the other in Nashville right now, though, so it might not be happening. If she doesn't show up for the BAFTAs, she's probably also not showing up for the Oscars, so it might be ages before she does anything fancy and red carpet-y again. But that's okay! She probably wants to be with Mama Andrea as much as she can be right now.

Last edited by ophy; 01-31-2020, 04:56 PM.

Comment

• The Mr. and I watched the doc tonight over a bottle of wine. I really liked it, for all the DGAF reasons and also whenever we saw her songwriting process... but, um, my dude was SHOOK. He grabbed my hand apologetically, like, eight times, and right before the credits, he turned to me and said he wanted to have a strong girl. I love him the most. He acted similarly when we watched Always Be My Maybe and he realized we live in a world where even someone as wee as Ali Wong feels the pressure to wear Spanx.

Joe still looks like a tall baby to me.

I had a class with Nikki back in the day and she was so sweet. I love her comedy and I love that she was super horrified about her old joke.

Comment

• LOVE Mr Laa!

I watched last night with wine as well. It was good but it made me so sad and angry that I am not sure I can love it. I saw a quote from some review that said she was “scathingly alone” and that’s what I got from this. It makes me want to hug her.

The part where Kanye comes onto stage with her just broke me. She was just a kid and she looks like a kid. First time I cried in the movie. Also sad: when she casually said she learned how to do nails cause she can’t go out in public. (Though she apparently can in London? Cause she and Joe walking around in a park with deer is a thing.)

I love Andrea and she is my favorite. Her face when Scott was going on his thing about Bob Hope and Bing Crosby was every one of us when dealing with mediocre white men and annoying ex-husbands (or maybe they’re not divorced? I get confused about that. Regardless, he is part of the problem.). <3 <3 <3 her and her dog.

Even though they are in a rental house in London that Swifties have already identified.)
                              I need Swiftie attention to detail/obsession to help me watch this movie, because there are so many houses and not knowing what state/country we were in at any given point in time was disorienting. I am hoping the Swifties have some sort of guide for this (I am sure they do). Also: the logistics of how she manages her houses is fascinating to me - the clothing closets being organized for this, the food in the fridge, the cat management, etc.

“I felt alone, I felt really bitter. I felt sort of like a wounded animal lashing out. I figured I had to reset everything. I had to reconstruct an entire belief system for my own personal sanity.

I also was falling in love with someone who had a wonderfully normal, balanced life.
                              . . . We decided together we wanted our relationship to be private. Even though it [Swift's public image in 2016] was really horrible, I was happy. But I wasn’t happy in the way I was trained to be happy. It was happiness without anyone else’s input. We were just…happy.”
                              The Kay narrative got absolutely destroyed in this. They’ll cling to the fact that he is hardly shown and doesn’t speak and isn’t named, but that’s the fucking point. Their relationship isn’t for us, and she is finally mature enough to get that and make the healthy choice. Her whole face and demeanor is different in every one of the clips with him. She actually looks genuinely comfortable and happy, as opposed to nervous and worried.

I want the piano only version of Me!

Comment

• Watched it last night and it was very interesting. I’m so rooting for her and Joe! But that cat eating at the table - nope!

Comment

Working...
                                X