No announcement yet.

The Study of Swiftology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the immunotherapy worked so ridiculously well on her cancer that the docs now say her hypertension will kill her long before the tumors have a chance to!
    YAY! Love to hear this!

I do wonder how Kaylors will shift the narrative once Karlie has her baby and Taylor is never seen with it ever. At this point, I hope Josh and Karlie post daily instastories with that baby once it's born like Busy does with her kids just to spite the Kayspiracists.

Comment

• Excellent news, ophy!

Originally posted by IssieCol View Post

At this point, I hope Josh and Karlie post daily instastories with that baby once it's born like Busy does with her kids just to spite the Kayspiracists.
      Yes! This! I want them frustrated forever.

sigpic

Comment

• Taylor's announcing 'something' (*cough* probably the re-recordings drop schedule *cough*) tomorrow morning on GMA.

Love Story is for sure coming this week:

And also a remix with Haim soon:

There's an insider on Twitter who has accurately predicted drops from many other artists (and has had advance knowledge of all the evermore chapter drops) who has been saying a lot about Taylor lately:

If you trust what this person is saying (and who knows really) it looks like Taylor is going to try to put out the re-recordings AND TS10 this year, which is cray? That would be four albums of new material, 5 re-recorded albums with additional treats and goodies, plus two documentaries plus six music videos in three years time. And it would be the fourth album since the last time she toured, which means she would have 60+ un-toured songs to choose from when making a setlist for a show, which seems impossible?

This has got to be one of the most prolific eras of any songwriter/pop star's careers like evah, right?

We don't know where Taylor is (probs still London?) and she's been suuuuuper quiet and there is also nothing new on the love milestones front, but we did get another sourced (aka from Tree) article about how in love Joe and Taylor are:

https://www.etonline.com/taylor-swif...ce-says-159077

Taylor Swift and Joe Alwyn Are 'In It for the Long Haul,' Source Says

Taylor Swift and Joe Alwyn are "in it for the long haul." The singer and the actor have been dating for about four years and appear to be stronger than ever. Just last week, they were photographed holding hands on a rare outing in London, where they are quarantining together.

A source tells ET, "Taylor has gotten more and more comfortable being public with Joe and letting fans in on their romance in a way that she feels is still protecting it. She loves Joe so much and, of course, is not trying to hide their relationship, but she prefers to keep specific details private."

The source adds, "Taylor and Joe are in it for the long haul and totally see a future with each other. They don’t need outside praise or attention and are so fulfilled just being with each other and growing together as a couple."

Utterly convinced that if the US and the UK hadn't both fucked up their pandemic responses so horrifically, we would already have had an engagement and/or wedding announcement for reals.

Speaking of milestone announcements, Halsey is preggers! So add that to the baby boom surrounding Taylor's circle:

Taylor, immediately:

How many blankets and bears do you think she's got saved up in a hope chest for the future little Marjorie Ivy Dorothea Alwyn-Swift, hmmmm? Probs lots and lots.

A couple little bites of kay, why not:

The kays think there is a kaylor 'family' krest:

BEYOND DERANGED. Hey, y'alls said it, not me.

The krest in kwestion:

. . . because that's totally a thing people do.

And Tay gave Gigi bagels . . .

. . . which made the kays SUSPICIOUS:

I SEE IT ALL NOW.

Karliesbuzzcut worked it up into an excellent konspiracy board:

She is a gift to fandom, really. Top notch work.

And some Bernie memes I have been saving okay:

Back to lying down instead of sitting up now! Only one days left on this round of antibiotics, so maybe! Maybe I'll be getting off the boat soon! Maybe!

I'll be back tomorrow with whatever it is she's announcing, although I doubt it's going to be more exciting than just the re-records stuff . . . which is great and all, but not really the same as new stuff or like, an autobiography (I KNOW, WHERE WOULD SHE FIND THE TIME AND YET! STILL I YEARN FOR IT) or an evermore long pond (which we ain't getting.)
        Last edited by ophy; 02-10-2021, 08:40 PM.

Comment

• 26 songs! That's the big takeaway . . . Taylor is dropping Love Story tonight, and all of the album Fearless is done and will be dropped soon with SIX additional songs that were never released before. She's calling the re-records 'Taylor's Version' and the new songs are 'from the vault'.

New cover art for Fearless:

This was the old one:

As Swifties were quick to point out, in the old one she's looking back to the past, in the new one she's looking forward to the future.

Her instagram post pretty clearly spells out 'April Ninth' so I assume that's the drop date.

NEW BREAKUP SONGS WHEEEEEEE. Fuck me the fuck up, girl.

Marking each one with the branding Taylor's Version is smart! So casual fans can tell right away which one they are streaming.

Not surprised that she's not doing the debut album first, but I kinda sorta wondered if she would go in reverse order, so 1989 would be the first one available for licensing. But this is fine, too! Fearless was a monster record at the time, won AOTY and all of that.

I assumed I'd Lie and Dark Blue Tennessee would be two of the vault songs, but I'm not familiar with some of these others:

Reax has been good:

Seeing lots and lots of pre-order screenshots already, so adding (SIX!) vault songs to the album was a genius move, marketing-wise. If Shamrock and Koots and Scott Baloney were hoping the re-records would flop mightily, or that fans wouldn't notice they were even out, etc . . .

This ain't gonna be a good year for them. Not 'monetizing-Taylor's-old-catalogue-wise', anyway. She's not going to let her foot off their neck, like EVAH.

Every time Aaron posts it makes my eyebrow jump to the stratosphere in speculation.

I doubt he was involved in the re-recording of the OG songs but maybe? maybe? he might have produced the ones from the vault? We know from cowboy like me that the man is able to do credible yee haw. And those are six emojis, so . . .

But hoo boy, sounds like she is going to go BIG on promoting these drops and spacing them out, which makes me doubt even more that TS10 is coming in 2021. Which is fine! Not need to get selfish and greedy when homegirl is busy bizzay remolding the industry and striking fear into the hearts of every record label suit.

Anyway, it's all happening!

Last edited by ophy; 02-11-2021, 09:31 AM.

Comment

• O M B. My body is ready.

Comment

• Thank you for pulling all this together while rocking in your boat, O! I really hope that resolves soon.

I still feel like I am processing evermore (during its release I was still processing folklore).

The Kaylor family crest is such a fabulous concept. I must spend some time looking for other fake couple’s family crests.

Karliesbuzzcut worked it up into an excellent konspiracy board:
              Giving me so much joy. I would be fine with KBC becoming our fandom friend.

Comment

• I'm soooo ready for Fearless!
                sigpic

Comment

• I don't care for the Fearless album (pop-country teen girl songs are not my beat) BUT I'm hoping she folklore-ized the six new songs.
                  Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• I listened to OG Fearless today to prepare my soul for April and it was nostalgic! Lainey mentioned that some of the old songs have problematic lyrics that Taylor would likely not endorse now that she's older and I do wonder how she handled that during the process. Her Camilla Belle shade was cringey even back then, but now it's extra tough.

I must spend some time looking for other fake couple’s family crests.
                    I have it on good authority that during their heyday the Kruger-Jackson family crest was AMAZING.

Comment

• I think we all want this level of energy, tbh.

Love Story (Taylor's Version) sounds gooood. So crisp! I knew her new vocals would make all of these older songs better than the originals so yay.

Big Machine technically owns all of the official photos and artwork for the albums, so the lyric video is full of random fan/tour pics:

https://youtu.be/aXzVF3XeS8M

. .. basically making the song about the fans, which is sweet?

Looks like she blurred Scott B. out of this one:

ha.

She sent it to radio:

. . . which means it will have a good shot at going #1 again, in the year of our Beek 2021, 13 years after it came out. That's just . . . *chef's kiss*.

Also! Looks like she didn't work with her original producer Nathan Chapman on this I guess?

Nathan did the bulk of her first four albums so . .. I don''t know what the story is there, but NC is apparently working with Scott Bruschetta's newest 17 yr old attempt at replacing Taylor, so maybe he's not going to work with her on any of the re-records at all.

And of course, if true, this may have something to do with it . . .

Yikes. That's an inevitable obstacle to navigate when you have to work in Nashville again, ugh.

Taylor went on radio this morning to talk about the release:

(h/t to cages-boxes-hunters-foxes):

Deciding on what album to rerecord first was pretty easy for me. I always gravitated towards Fearless because I think that as an album, it was a real coming of age, and I look back on that album and I just, it filled me with such pride. And it was it was an album about hope and lessons learned and the effervescence of teenage youth and all that, so what's more fun than to go back and explore that? And you know I think that I tried to keep it as close to the original as possible and the additional songs that I've added are songs that I think add insight into what the album almost was because every time you make an album you leave some songs off and I think that it's really cool that the fans will get to have the full picture this time around.

I'm really excited for people to hear these six additional never before heard tracks from my version of Fearless. These are songs that I'm calling 'from the vault,' and I called them that because you know there are songs that I wrote over the course of my career that were meant for certain albums, but didn't end up making the track list for reasons that to me don't really matter now, like I would make decisions based on like, 'Oh, there are too many breakup songs on this album, I can't put this one on too. There are too many slow songs on this album, I can't put this one on too. And you know, I think curating an album is really important, but at the same time it's really fun to now go back and show the fans the full picture of what I had created at that time in my life.

Love Story is a song that I wrote when I was 17 and I think it involved some teenage angst. I think I was mad at my parents for not letting me go on a date or something, and it also was a good example of what a hopeless romantic I was and and still am. I really loved the story of Romeo and Juliet, except for the ending because that was just like too devastating for me to process, so I changed the ending in the song, and I've just ever since been so honored by the fact that people have celebrated this song so much. I feel really lucky that people responded to it the way that they did and continue to.

One fun thing about rerecording Love Story is that I really wanted my touring band to get a chance to to play on this version because you know, they spent, a lot of them spent years playing this song over and over again, so it was really important to me to have my band who have toured with and shared a stage with for so many years playing on the record. But we also have Jonathan Yudkin, the original fiddle player, we’ve got Caitlin Evanson in the original backup vocalist, and I think it’s really really great that it’s a combination of the originals and people who have been sweating on stages with me for over a decade playing on this album.

Weirdly, I think I'm most excited for the RED vault songs, even though we know two of them will be Better Man and Babe.

BUT I'm hoping she folklore-ized the six new songs.

Folks are still speccing about what the six will be . . . I'm guessing Permanent Marker* might be one, it's a fan fave:

https://youtu.be/KjkeV_qesc4

*it's a Better Than Revenge kind of diss track, though! so maybe not?

Definitely going to put Dark Blue Tennessee on there:

https://youtu.be/RaUgph4fBrM

and I'd Lie:

https://youtu.be/a8hpucKuJzQ

Other possibles:

Stupid Boy:

https://youtu.be/ZIDLc_OCfcg

sweet tea and god's graces:

https://youtu.be/o1flf7lZW6E

Writing Songs About You:

https://youtu.be/XyiZVfnhiLQ

Til Brad Pitt Comes Along:

https://youtu.be/EYAmUk6o79k

. . . and about thirty more, I mean, and those are just the ones we know about.

And I don't know for sure which albums these belong to, but R.E.V.E.N.G.E:

https://youtu.be/t6P9K5Eii0o

and Let's Go (Battle):

https://youtu.be/464HWYPS-Lk

(one of my faves)

. . . Could be added and directly directed at Koots and Scott B.

I don't think she's going to folklorize them that much, I'm willing to bet they stay very yee haw and true to the era. But here's hoping!

Lainey mentioned that some of the old songs have problematic lyrics that Taylor would likely not endorse now that she's older and I do wonder how she handled that during the process.

Yeah, most Swifties say that she HAS to do a beat for beat/ word for word remake of all of it as close as possible to the original, but I don't see why she couldn't tweak some things a tiny bit, especially for songs that are less likely to have people lining up for licensing anyway. But that issue might dictate which vault songs she includes, because Better Than Revenge is not her only old track like that. There are . . . a few.

In general, everyone's having so much fun with this so far and it's giving her a gazillion good karma points with fans and the general public.

Just like folklore and evermore were the exact right pieces of pandemic art for the time they came out, a nostalgia project like this is tapping into the emotion of point of the pandemic we are at right now. Impeccable timing. I don't see how this roll out could be going better for her right now, we'll see if all this goodwill lasts throughout the whole year of drops.

I hope Koots and co. are paying attention this morning!

I mean . . . the re-records aren't going to win any Grammys because I don't think the industry folks are going to reward this kind of thing, but I could be wrong, who knows!

Last edited by ophy; 02-12-2021, 11:27 AM.

Comment

• Fearless is not really my jam as a rule, but I am completely down with this as the flex it is. I am really interested in the 2021 version of Red, particularly All Too Well, which I think will be improved by the clear training she’s been doing with her singing.

I am good with her changing any problematic lyrics, and think she should.

Comment

• I really liked Taylor's vocals on new Love Song.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Joe's getting more work! I think Taylor took that picture.

Comment

• I think Taylor took that picture.

She did! It's from when they were in Rhode Island during lockdown.

So yes, Joe is going to be filming three projects this year,* Brideshead Revisited, Emily (about the Bronte sister), and now Conversations with Friends, which is one of Taylor's favorite Sally Rooney books, so she's probs thrilled with that?

* and he's got Last Letter To Your Lover hitting Netflix next month, I think?

There's some controversy about this casting by Rooney fans, because Joe is thought to be too young for the part by some (Nick is supposed to be middle aged).

Funny that's he'll be playing a college student (Sebastian) in Brideshead and a nearly washed up aging actor in CWF all in the same year. Weirdly, I don't think any of his new characters are villains! No nazis or slave owners! This might be ushering a new era in Joe roles.

Refinery 29 is on board, despite the weird age issue:

https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/202...cast-hulu-show

Occasionally, there are days where the internet agrees on one thing. Today, it's that Hulu's Conversations with Friends is a perfectly cast TV adaptation of Sally Rooney's book of the same name.

. . .

Meanwhile, Alwyn and Kirke will be the attractive, free-spirited, but hard-to-read couple who sets off the key drama in the show. Kirke's Melissa is basically Jessa from Girls abroad, while Awlyn's Nick, an actor, is meant to be unnervingly charming — a slight departure from his more desperate The Favourite character. Nick is the love interest and an object of lust for a few people, and soon Alwyn will be, too.

On that note, someone should ask Taylor Swift how excited she is because this is her dream casting. “I really like her book Conversations With Friends," she told Entertainment Weekly in May 2019. (Fans also think Swift used a line from Rooney in her song, "Cruel Summer," which is about Alwyn.) "I like the tone she takes when she’s writing. I think it’s like being inside somebody’s mind.”

About the Cruel Summer ting, Taylor told fans at the Lover secret sessions that CWF inspired some of the album, and at the time peeps wondered if this passage (which I think is from Joe's character?) was related to Cruel Summer:

https://www.reddit.com/r/TaylorSwift..._rooney_which/

Pretty funny if so. Very Invisible String.

I never read this one because I thought the book version of Normal People was meh and draaaaged on, but I did enjoy the Hulu adaptation, and this is by the same team. Which also implies we will see Joe's willy, and I'm not sure how I feel about that. It'll be like seeing your little sister's boyf nekkkid.

Could be a pretty big break-out role for him like it was for Paul Mescal, guess we'll see?

Okay, bits pieces related to Fearless, etc:

Tay's Val Day post for fans:

I think the angle about how this has all been due to the fans and FOR the fans is a smart one, deflects from the revenge aspect of the whole project.

Otherwise, all the media promo looks like this:

For a song everyone has heard a bajillion times before, Love Story (Taylor's Version) been doing well:

I imagine this kind of thing will taper off a lot now that people have heard a sample from the re-records and realize she's not going to switch them up very much. Like, the GP might have listened to this first drop only out of curiosity, and it'll mostly be actual fans paying attention and streaming with the next one. But I could be wrong! It just feels like this kind of momentum will be hard to sustain for anything other than the vault song drops.

Next drop is rumored to be Fifteen, with one of the vault songs coming out after that, close to album release date.

Some observations:

That last bit os obvs not true, because re-recording is costing her $ but we just don't know what/how much.

This sums up how I feel about the re-recordings:

Duh.

So! All of the Free Britney stuff is kicking off some introspection:

Better late than never, I guess.

Apparently, Vanity Fair didn't realize that Only The Young was going to be snubbed so badly by the Oscars, ooops:

“Almost the entire process of creating that song, I was fighting back tears because I was so sad about the results of the midterm elections in my state and the losses faced by superb Democratic candidates in states like Georgia and Texas. I didn’t want the defeat and hopelessness I felt for our country’s future to get the best of me. I didn’t want to weep. I wanted to have hope. Writing ‘Only the Young’ helped me push through that moment in my life and gave me the hope to keep fighting for what I believe is right.”

As a country musician, I was always told it’s better to stay out of [politics]. The Trump presidency forced me to lean in and educate myself. I found myself talking about government and the presidency and policy with my boyfriend, who supported me in speaking out. I started talking to my family and friends about politics and learning as much as I could about where I stand. I’m proud to have moved past fear and self-doubt, and to endorse and support leadership that moves us beyond this divisive, heartbreaking moment in time.

. .. .

This particular song, and the process of creating it, was a perfect example of how visceral writing a song can be. “[With songwriting] you try to transport yourself back to a time you felt intense emotion and write from that place. Every once in a blue moon, you end up in the studio at the exact moment you’re feeling that raw emotion.

— Taylor on songwriting and Only the Young to Vanity Fair
                              (h/t cages-boxes)

They wouldn't have included this interview in their Oscars edition if they had known, obvs, and Taylor wouldn't have agreed to do it. Kinda embarrassing!

VF even interviewed Lana Wilson, the Miss A director:

It’s the kind of thing you always hope for when you’re making a film, but it’s never guaranteed that that kind of magic will happen in front of you, in front of the camera. I remember leaving the room at the end of that night [she did Onl The Young] and feeling like, This is why I do what I do. The best feedback I’ve got has been from young kids starting to make art for the first time and not being afraid of it because they’ve seen an example of it in front of their eyes.”

It was the hardest thing to get access to—which is saying something, I think, because there’s obviously so many emotional and raw moments in the film. Filming her writing songs in the studio took the longest—to get the trust to film that—because the studio and writing songs is Taylor’s happy place.

— Lana Wilson to Vanity Fair on the magic of watching Taylor make songs

And as you can clearly see from the #13 on the gas pump, we are still getting the Haim/Taylor remix collab soon (Friday, os what I heard):

The song is great in general, will be interesting to see what Taylor adds to it.

Oh, and in konspiracyland, there's been a ridiculous amount of chatter alleging that Zoe Kravitz and Taylor are together, based entirely on the fact that they were in a social pod in London last year and nothing else. Poor Zoe is already dealing with a divorce and rampant rumors that she and Rob P. have been hooking up behind Suki's back on the set of Batman.

These are the pics Taylor took for the mag:

I think I posted about it at the time? No idea why it took off as a new gaylor rumor months later. I mean, it was a non-event . . . just letting us know that Joe and Taylor had probably been hanging out with the Batman peeps (we already knew they had double dated with Suki and Rob in LA before). I think we also specced that Zoe's divorce could have been one the marriage breakdowns Taylor alluded to in regards to evermore, as well.

Not seeing a lot of passion out there for the TayZoe ship. Although someone already did a power point and a master post!

That shows you how bored the gaylors are now that pretty much errrrrybuddy acknowledges that Karlie sucks and Kaylor is dodo dead.

It's created enough noise that Tree went to People to address it sideways:

https://people.com/movies/taylor-swi...ng-the-batman/

Looks like Taylor Swift and ZoŽ Kravitz shared a COVID-19 social pod last year.

The pals were both in London when Kravitz was set to be photographed for The New York Times Magazine's "Great Performers" issue and she needed help with a socially distanced photoshoot. In stepped Swift, who the magazine's editor-in-chief Jake Silverstein revealed was part of Kravitz safe COVID pod.

"Zoe was being very strict about [social distancing guidelines] anyway because she's shooting a movie [The Batman], and Taylor Swift was in her pod and willing to asist," Silverstein said in a WWD interview in December, revealing the photographer directed Swift over Zoom from Paris.

Swift, 31, and Kravitz, 32, have known each other for years, with Kravitz coming along on a star-studded dinner outing with Swift, Cara Delevingne, Dakota Johnson and more at The Fat Radish restaurant in 2016.

Kravitz was in London filming The Batman with Robert Pattinson when the photoshoot took place. The actress plays Catwoman opposite Pattinson's Batman in the film.

Swift, meanwhile, has made the city a second home ever since she started dating British actor Joe Alwyn.

The city has made such an impact on Swift that she even named one of the songs on her 2019 album Lover after it. "London Boy" takes listeners on a trip around the city, hitting all the date spots Swift and Alwyn have shared since they began seeing each other in mid-2016.

In an interview after the song came out, Alwyn, 29, revealed that he doesn't mind "at all" being the subject of songs on his pop-star girlfriend's latest album.

"No, not at all. No. It's flattering," he said when asked how it feels when Swift writes songs about him and their relationship in The Sunday Times.

As for the media attention on Alwyn and Swift's relationship, The Favourite star told The Sunday Times that he simply doesn't "pay attention to what I don't want to pay attention to."

So it started as an article about T and Z being friends, and ended as a reminder to the GP of Joe and Taylor's Invincible London Love.

I honestly think all of this started as a misunderstanding of what 'pod' means (no it doesn't mean they are actually quarantining in the same house) and people forgetting that Taylor and Zoe have been friends for several years. But that's okay! As long as people are having fun with it, I guess. Tiny ships come and go!

Last edited by ophy; 02-17-2021, 01:57 PM.

Comment

• Thanks, O!

Which also implies we will see Joe's willy, and I'm not sure how I feel about that. It'll be like seeing your little sister's boyf nekkkid.
                                Yeah, I am not sure I need to see that, but I am generally that way about dicks. They are great in action, but the sight of one doesn’t do it for me.

Re: Britney introspection - I agree with the comment that Taylor had stronger advocates and that is why she was able to have a better outcome. I am so angry on Britney’s behalf.

Comment

Working...
                                X