No announcement yet.

And the Oscar goes to...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was happy with Hathaway's win, then happier with the props she gave Sally Field, who looks FANTASTIC.

I wanted to like Jodie Foster's speech but jebus was it bizarre and rambling. And seriously, I know you and Mel go way back and whatnot, but the guy's still a scary, anti-semitic mofo.

Tina and Amy should host every year, forever. That dig at Taylor Swift was delicious! And Michael J. Fox's son is a total mini-Alex P. Keaton.

Comment

• OMG. Jodie Foster's speech was so inside that the whole world felt outside.

Note that T-Swift had left the building or something by the time those digs from Tiny Fey were delivered!

LOVE Sally Field sooooo much.
      Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• When somebody comes across a photo of Jennifer Garner having too much emotion while talking to Victor Garber, please link. You know it will happen at some point; I just like to see a photo when it does.
        Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Missed opportunity: no cut to JLo when Affleck won and then when he thanked Garner. Why aren't there more wig snatchy people in the control room!? These are the things people tune in to see. We don't actually care all that much about your self-congratulatory ceremony. Now that everyone loves Ben again, I wonder if Gwyneth will start reminding people that she dated him FIRST.

I liked the last part of Jodie's speech, but the beginning was super rambly and a little WTFy. Maybe I'm more sappy than I thought, but her loyalty to Mel kind of warms my heart. I choose to believe she gives him "Look at your life, your choices" speeches in private, but in public she'll always claim him as her friend and that's nice. The part about her mom made me tear up, too.

JenLaw's speech was hilarious and aside from Tina and Amy's hilarious monologue, which I'll watch over and over, it was my favorite moment of the night. Not just because she taunted Meryl, but also because thanking Harvey for killing people with a straight face was awesome. I like that she can acknowledge the fact that she's his new it girl with a playful attitude because I'm sure there's a hater faction that accuses her of sleeping with him.

Was Lucy a nominee? If she wasn't, her dress was too much, but if she was, then it was amazeballs. Jessica Chastain looked terrible and I don't understand why she and her people so rarely get it right! She is attractive and has a nice body, why is it so hard? Her hair made her face look severe and old and her forehead was DKing all up on that stage to the point of distraction.

Also, Claire Danes gives the best unrehearsed speeches. She always remembers all the important players, sounds like she's read a book in her lifetime, and never gives me second hand embarrassment.

Comment

• I must be a bitch because I wondered if Danes was going to cheat on her man with whoever is her current co-star. Sister has a pattern!

Lucy was not nommed.

I was DYING for them to cut to T-Swift when Tina was talking about not dating anybody and finding herself. Ha! Also loved Lena Dunham thanking Chad Lowe (for some reason I remember being outraged when Hillary Swank didn't and I don't even know why I cared!

Comment

• We had people over tonight, so I'm just now starting the show. Let's see. I vote JenLaw for best coral dress. Tina and Amy are flawless. Chastain, fire everyone. Anne Hathaway wins? Yay, not even close to there yet, but why does the bustier top on her Chanel remind me of a mother-of-the bride? And I love Lucy Liu's dress so much, I'd excuse it if she wore it to Whole Foods.

ETA: YES to scando-editing! Tipsy celeb exes forced to attend the same extravagant gala and pretend to celebrate each other, that's all I want.

EETA: RDJ looks STUPID HOT. I wonder if his lovely Jewish wifey is cool with him kissing on Mel?

Last edited by LaaLaa; 01-14-2013, 01:13 AM.

Comment

• RDJ owes the salvaging of his career to Mel! So I guess his wife has to get over it.

Tina did not look super pleased when Lena said she and Amy got Lena through 'middle school'. ha!

Lucy was presenting, so I think an OTT dress is A-okay.

My fave part of the evening was also the most tragic part -- seeing Amy canoodling with The Cloon just reminded me that he will NEVER date someone as amazing and wonderful as Amy and that is SAD, yo. Obvs, he has his own issues to deal with in that area, but still, they looked so GOOD together. Of course, when i saw George chatting with Ewan, I thought they looked really good together, too. Maybe someday! Amy, George and Ewan can be in a triad together.

I did not understand RDJ's hamster bit.

LOVED Jodie Foster's dress so much.

And when Ben gushed over Jen Garner, I *might* have got a little sniffly. Also, Hugh Jackman's tribut to his wife was super sweet. That's all a wife needs to hear now and then: "Thank you for always being right."

Comment

• So I had ff'ed through Jodie's speech because it was hella long, but my twitter feed convinced me to watch it on YouTube, and now I'm bawling.

http://youtu.be/agqEuFIQjYs

Comment

• Scroll down for a gifset of JLaw getting confused backstage at the GGs: http://onlymystories.tumblr.com/post...ckstage-at-the

Comment

• Is, I always have that same thought with Danes. If she has banged/starts banging Damien Lewis I will choke to death on my own raging jealousy. I thought Crudup was a douche before she got involved with him but I loves me some Dean Winters.

Looking back over the dresses, I'm kind of underwhelmed. It was a pretty boring red carpet. I'm going against the grain in not being a fan of Lucy Liu's dress (the print looked very similar to the wallpaper one of my aunts had in her bathroom when I was a kid) but at least she wore something different. Most of it was so blah. And god I hate those fishtail/mermaid hems. JLo's outfit, while not boring, made me sad for her. Like, enough already. We know you have a great body, put some grown up clothes on it (I like the Fug Girl's comment that she should've just worn a t-shirt that said, "Remember this, Ben?").

One moment I loved? When Bill Clinton came out and, for the only time that evening, everyone shut the hell up. And when he finished, they cut to Steven Speilberg's table and Kate Capshaw was clearly saying something to him along the lines of, "OMG Bill Clinton just introduced your movie!!!"

Comment

• It WAS so cute how they were all starstruck! I was shocked at all the giggly whispers! Maybe it's than the booze, but the Globes is the one awards ceremony where it seems like celebs are actually surprised.

When I saw JLo's dress, I literally said, "Oh, honey, nooooooooooo." Oy. Transparent in all ways.

Comment

• Why are dresses like this still happening? http://www.popsugar.com/Rachel-Weisz...796667?slide=1

Rachel Weisz should know better!

Comment

• Blah, Rachel Weisz, what a total waste of genetic material! Seriously, the only thing worse than following the sheer leg curtain trend is being one of the last ones to do it. And fucking JenLaw, dude. She's so hilarious even when she's not trying to be. I need to copy that gif set to the HG thread so I can have it for reference forever. "I thought there were gonna be questions?"

Comment

• Ah, did not see the bottom of it until just now. It would've been so lovely with a full skirt or as a wiggle dress.

I'm with you on the Cloon, o. Didn't think it was possible for the Keibler thing to get more depressing. I don't think I've even heard Keibler speak since she became professional arm candy.

My feelings are so mixed about Lena Dunham because sometimes I can FEEL her smugness of youth. Even before Tina pointed out "MIDDLE SCHOOL." I don't watch Girls and I haven't seen Tiny Furniture, so I don't know if the acclaim is completely deserved, but still. It's awesome that a 26-year-old woman who doesn't fit Hollywood's mold of an ideal actress scored a $3.5mil book deal (even if she may be a little cray about it!). May it buy her as many mason jars and tattoos as her heart desires. Basically, the backlash makes me root for her 10x more.

Comment

• Yeah, I'm more or less 'You just be you, Lena Dunham', but I don't actually like her schtick much. I did try watching Tiny Furniture and only made it about a half hour into it before bailing. Incredibly dull and navel gazing. There's only so much early-to-mid 20s awkwardness I can take, tbh. It might be a generational thing? I think it's great that a young woman has such a high profile platform, I just don't find her entertaining.

The 'middle school' bit had me cringing. Her whole speech made it kinda hard for me to root for her. But again, props for what she's been able to accomplish, because none of it is easy.

Comment

Working...
                                X