And the Oscar goes to...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That explains SO MUCH.
    Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Surly mystery solved!

And oy, Bradley Cooper! OY.

Comment

• This is totally BCoop and JLaw, right?

1.) This A+ list mostly movies now Academy Award winner/nominee actor has always been known for his sense of humor and willingness to do anything if it sounds fun. At least he has always claimed it. This Academy Award winner/nominee B- list actress decided to put him to the test. While making a movie together she challenged him on the very first day with a list of 20 things and bet him $25K as to who could finish the list first.

The catch was that each item on the list had to be witnessed by someone who needed to sign off. there were childish things like stealing everything from the craft service table and taking it to your trailer, but there were also things like stand naked outside your trailer for 30 seconds in the daylight. Apparently they both did that and had some people watching too who were the witnesses. Another of the items was to have phone sex while on the set, loud enough for people to actually stare. They both did that too. Surprisingly, one of the items that was hardest for him to accomplish was finding five people to make out with. Apparently despite the best efforts of the very good looking actor, it took him almost the entire shoot to find five women willing to make out with him. The actress had no such problems and found five takers in a matter of minutes and had them lined up and signing off on her list. The one thing our actress did not do was have sex with the actor who tried and tried. She did end up having sex with another of her co-stars but she said it was purely a stress reliever and told him not to bother calling her, or thinking it was going to happen again.

Read more at ONTD: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com...#ixzz2I5QdPtT7
        I was struck by his statement 'if it hasn't happened by now, it's not going to happen'. Made me think he tried and failed.

I just really love this gif:

Comment

• And in other JLaw news, she refused to sit down with James Lipton for In The Actor's Studio, and was charming about it: http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/01/1.../?ref=topposts

In this week’s cover story, newly-minted Golden Globe best actress winner for Silver Linings Playbook Jennifer Lawrence told EW that her publicist recently turned down an offer for the 22-year-old to appear on Inside the Actors Studio. “Do you know how much that guy would hate me?” she said with her goofy chuckle about professorial host James Lipton. ‘’Tell me about your method?’ There is no method! I never know my lines! He would be horrified.” Besides, said Lawrence, surely that hot seat is meant for folks with a longer resume to show for themselves than hers. “I love that show but I’m not old enough. I’m not at a place yet where I can look back and think ‘Oh this how I….’ I’m not ready. And, please, I’m an animal.”

There is a certain charming lack of domestication when it comes to Lawrence’s humor. At a certain point during the interview a noxious smell wafted through the Trump Waikiki balcony lounge bar. “I assume you think it was me but I swear it wasn’t,” she said. She paused for a second and looked at me with a serious expression while she slowly lifted her leg up from the banquette and pretended to fart. “I know, I’m terrible,” she said. “Oh, this is something my brothers did growing up that now the boys at work [her Catching Fire co-stars Josh Hutcherson and Sam Claflin] have picked up and are obsessed with. You cup [your fart] and then you throw it in someone’s face and say ‘Take a bite out of that cheeseburger.’”

“She’s a goofball,” said Catching Fire producer Nina Jacobson. “She’s fun and she’s funny. She is the least demanding leading lady ever. Jen’s like ‘Yeah I’ll take half a trailer, whatever, I’ll never be in there anyway.’ She’s not spoiled, she’s not precious, she’s not needy and it sets a tone for everybody because if your leading lady isn’t going to be a diva then there really isn’t room for anybody to be a diva.”

In her acceptance speech last night, Lawrence first opened with a quote from The First Wives Club (“I beat Meryl!”) that struck some of those unfamiliar with the joke as ungracious. “I never know what’s going to come out of my mouth and that’s what always gets me in trouble,” she told EW. One thing she did know for certain though was her post-awards show ritual. “The first thing I do when I get off a carpet is take my heels off, rub my makeup everywhere, and basically pick up a garbage can and go ‘Rawwrrrrr!’ and dump it all over my head.”
          She's going to be the bestest and funniest Hollywood legend of them all when she's 80. If she's already this wacky and unfiltered at 22 . . .

Oh, just realized that I will be long dead when she's 80. Sad.

Comment

• I think she's hilarious and weird and I adore her.
            Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• So, if not Cooper, who'd she sleep with? And for real, is Cooper gay? This is another thing the Garber news has reminded me of. During Alias, people were like crawling out of the gutters to out him, but I never know what to believe unless someone just lives like they are what they are.

Comment

• I still think he's bi! Which means he can hit on JLaw *and* be an ex-lovah of Victor Garber.

I think a lot of the 'everyone knows they are gay' actors are actually bi, and their 'beards' are not always necessarily beards. I mean, *somebody* has to be bi, right? Statistically speaking.

So, if not Cooper, who'd she sleep with?
                I know nothing about the movie or about any of the actors, but if she didn't sleep with DeNiro (always possible- who wouldn't?), then it might have been this guy, just based on general age relevance: Shea Whigham http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0924154/

or this guy: Dash Mihok http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005231/

They look doable.

Comment

• I didn't buy them for the BI because I couldn't fathom a universe in which JLaw is B- List. I mean, girl got an Oscar nom for one of her first movies and people have been lining up to cast her ever since. But looking over the past few years of noms, I can't figure out who the hell else it could be. Somehow I don't see Amy Adams fitting the bill (though it amuses me to pretend it's about her and Jason Segal, on the set of The Muppets).

Also, I concur that Bradly Cooper is bi, mainly because I can't see Zoe Saldana bearding.

Comment

• I can't see Zoe Saldana bearding.
                    This is also my deal with his supposed gayness.

Comment

• Is it wrong to say that a certain percentage of "show people" will just fuck anybody who looks good to them in the moment?

Comment

• Originally posted by isadora View Post
                        Is it wrong to say that a certain percentage of "show people" will just fuck anybody who looks good to them in the moment?
                        I think almost 100% of them do. I think Hollywood is like some fucked up version of summer camp, where people think because they're doing a movie they're "on a break" from dating, marriage, whatever. It's like there are just no normal-people-in-human-society rules there.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. Viva Hollywood! I enjoy judging all of you whores!

Comment

• One of my favorite things to read about is all the whoring and "lavender marriages" that went on in Old Hollywood. They're all Vampire Diaries vampires.

Comment

• I enjoy judging all of you whores!

They're all Vampire Diaries vampires.
                            LOVE this.

It's pretty much exactly what I was thinking when I read Hedy Lamarr's memoir Ecstasy and Me when I was 13. I was so SHOCKED at all the whoring! And Hedy was definitely bi-sexual, although I don't think she labelled herself that way. But she details some of her hook ups with the ladies. Also, one of her gentlemen boinked her maid right in her bed while she was asleep beside them! She woke up when they were mid-coitus and had a huge fight with them. Old Hollywood was cray.

Comment

• I actually think H'wood types are more conservative than they used to be! Even if HALF the stories in all those old bios are true? Those people were OUT OF CONTROL.

Comment

• I feel like Zoe Saldana was born to beard. She would be content being famous for any damn reason. And I think Coop is gay. And I'm actually surprised more people (mostly on Twitter) have not heard that about him (or at least the spec.) It's the combo of the Alias talk back in the day (smoke, fire), the nanosecond marriage to Esposito that BreezyK referenced... somewhere (srsly BCoop is being discussed in 3 separate threads right now ha), the Zellwegger whateverthefuckthatwas, and Saldana. And being pretty in a particular way and being consumed with being perceived as a ladies man. Someone in some Globes recap said that Coop is basically Seacrest with talent and I pretty much agree with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X