No announcement yet.

And the Oscar goes to...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have really never given much thought to Bradley Cooper. I didn't like his hair on Alias so I barely looked at the screen when he was on.

It was hot that time he spoke French, though:
    http://youtu.be/hdoAD9UhmRs
    I know just enough French to catch every third word. It's confusing. Hee!
    Last edited by isadora; 01-16-2013, 08:32 AM.
    Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Someone in some Globes recap said that Coop is basically Seacrest with talent and I pretty much agree with that.
      That's actually why I thought that BI was about BCoop, because it said that the guy had a harder time lining up girls to make out with him than the girl did, despite being very handsome . . . and I feel like that suits BCoop (whose appeal is limited, and who everyone thinks is gay) better than some of the other guys suggested as guesses in the ONTD thread. George Clooney? Please. Leo? Also please. They would have zero trouble.

And if it was a very-married man like Affleck, I feel like the BI would have mentioned a wife.

And JLaw is literally the only gal I can imagine being that goofy and crazy on set with her male co-star. The power differential feels right, too. BCoop doesn't have the gravitas or unequal clout that the others might in comparison to Jennifer. Would Kerry Washington have done this with Leo on Django? Really? (Would she have with Jamie Foxx, though? hmmm.)

Comment

• I also believe that Jamie Foxx is gay.
        Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• That nine year old Oscar nominee is as adorably adorable as one expects a nine year old Oscar nominee to be. Perhaps a little bit more.: http://jezebel.com/5976062/quvenzhan...o-talk-fashion

Comment

• More chances to experience JLaw love. Her appearance on Letterman, and all of her SNL promos: http://www.etonline.com/dailyfirst/1...man/index.html

Comment

• Whee! JLaw won tonight at the SAGs. Is this the last big one where she and Chastain face off before the Oscars? I haven't seen Zero Dark Thirty so I can't compare their performances, but I am happy for goofy Jen. Her speech was also nice and not embarrassing. In other news, Anne Hathaway keeps insisting on making me cringe. "I'll tell you why I love you later." GAH, STOP IT! Just stop.

Comment

• Yay, JLaw! I still haven't seen Silver Linings, but whatevs, she is made of gold. I'm not familiar with any of Naomi Watts' other work, but I saw The Impossible over the weekend and I was impressed, so I'm kind of sad she's not going to get anything for it. It's definitely Lawrence vs. Chastain.

Jessica Chastain looked very Jessica Rabbit! I watched a smidge of the E! red carpet shiz (meaning I fast-forwarded through it in two seconds) and the "Fashion Police" actually liked that baggy mint blue number from the Globes. Anyway, I'm glad her boobs were in a nice, normal place tonight.

Since it's the SAGs, the dresses were safe and pretty, lots of solid colors and the occasional sleeves, like sort of a celebrity version of business formal. The only WTF that comes to mind at the moment is the bottom of Morena Baccarin's gown.
                Last edited by LaaLaa; 01-28-2013, 02:22 AM.

Comment

• Marion Cotillard.

Loved her dress.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/whitneyjeffe...rds-red-carpet

Comment

• Meredith from the Office looked FAB! I do love it when those guys (and the household staff from Downton) get all fancy and we see how pretty they are off the show. That goes for Blossom, too. I feel like I shouldn't like her dress, but it really worked on her. And Sally is flawless as ever.

Giulana should never do that to her hair. Her head looks enormous compared to her skeletal bod. She looks like a photoshop. Julia Stiles and Nancy O'Dell both look like they got work done; Julia's face is pinchier and Nancy's is puffier. Weird.

WTF was Ahndrea Zuckerman doing there? Was there a category for best performance in an kitschy Old Navy commercial?

Comment

• She's apparently a bigshot in the SAG organization that puts these awards on. Like the VP or something? Going to go look it up.

ETA according to wikipedia (who has no reason to lie about such things):
                      She was elected president of AFTRA LA in 2011. Under the recent SAG (Screen Actors' Guild) and AFTRA (American Federation of Television and Radio Artists) merger, Carteris became the national vice president of SAG-AFTRA, Los Angeles in 2012. She also serves as a vice president of the California Labor Federation.
                      So she's got more legit right to be there than almost anybody on the carpet!

Also, she's 52. That's crazy. And when she was 16, she toured Europe as a mime.

Last edited by ophy; 01-28-2013, 11:13 AM.

Comment

• ALEC BALDWIN'S HAIR.

I'm ignoring Busy's dress because I love her anyway!

Julia Stiles is, allegedly, just 31. Ok. I'm just going to assume she's on steroids that make her face look odd.

Comment

• I wasn't really blown away by anyone's dress last night, You could tell that they're saving up their major frocks for the Oscars, so meh. I loved Nicole's Westwood, but I always love it when she goes dark, but not black. She wears white, cream, and gold too much. Oddly, my favorite out of all the dresses was probably Rose Byrne's. She looked so fresh and different and romantic with all her pastels. I could have done without the side ruffles, but still, I thought it was pretty.

ETA: Marion Cotillard and I have basically the same hair which gives me an inappropriate amount of life affirming joy.
                          Last edited by IssieCol; 01-28-2013, 01:49 PM.

Comment

• Bravo then! Because her hair looked fab.

Comment

• Agree about Rose Byrne! I always love her choices- chic but different.

Alec Baldwin's hair was fighting Justin Timberlake's knit tie in the battle of dude bad ideas.

Comment

• Some red carpet pics from the Independent Spirit Awards: http://hollywoodlife.com/2013/02/23/...t-2013-photos/

JLaw, BCoop, Nina Dobrev, Tyler Hoechlin, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X