Harry Potter & The Big Budget Extravaganzas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harry Potter & The Big Budget Extravaganzas

I still haven't seen it but I'd like those of you who have to talk about it here.
    Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Not HP, but a Shrek 2 complaint since it fits under the BBE part of the title.

Um, when you put a movie into more theaters than a movie has ever been in before, I really don't think you should be able to brag that your movie sold more tickets than any other movie ever. You set it up that way, it wasn't a shocking phenomenon!
    "But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.Ē---Kanye

Comment

Fleur has been cast and I guess she looks sort of what I'd expect her to look like. I expected someone more extraordinary looking because of the half Veela thing, but this girl does have that ethereal type of beauty. And she's French, so at least they're still finding people who are of the same nationality as the characters. Has anyone heard of her? Is she any good?

Comment

Never heard of her, but the topless pics of her (and bottomless pics of Thewlis) are spreading around the net.

As long as they get her haircolor right, I don't see a problem. She'll probably only have two lines anyway.
        "But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.Ē---Kanye

Comment

I saw PoA today and thought the twins were adorable, Sirius/Remus were canon (as were Remus/Lily and Lily/Snape) and that Harry/Hermione is the ship to bank on, since I saw nothing by way of Ron/Hermione. Sarah said in the general movie thread:
          I also think Hermione is a werewolf and the NEW triangle is Lupin/Hermione/Sirius's ghost.
          Spec based on me watching for foreshadowing:

I think she's going to be an animagus in the form of a wolf, just because it would be too unusual to have two werewolves in the same small group of people.

I Hermione. And I can't wait for Luna to show up.

Comment

New rumor about who will play Voldemort in GoF has Ralph Fiennes in talks for the part. More here If it ends up happening, I think my brain will explode from the overdose of hotness and I'll have to be strapped to my seat with tape over my mouth to keep from screaming that Sirius and Voldemort are the real OTP4EVAH and why aren't they having sex already?!

Comment

J.K. Rowling's site has the HPers all in a tizzy because some determined hacker supposedly found out the title to the next book by playing around on it. They said that the title was behind one of the Easter eggs on the site and that it revealed the next book's title as HP and the Pillar of Storge. All kinds of speculation started around the different communties about what this meant and all of it amounted to nothing as Rowling herself said that this was never the title of book 6.

She did reveal that it would be called Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince. I'm not so sure about this one either because she could totally just be fucking with us and keeping the Kerrazies entertained while she works on the book.

Comment

I'm confused about some of the HP lore. I *swear* I read an interview with her ages and ages ago where she said she had all seven books completely mapped out and even hinted that they were already finished.

Perhaps I misunderstood.
                Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

I think the deal is she knows how she wants it to end and the basic path of how she's going to get there, but still has to write the books.

Comment

Well, according to Rowling herself, the title I spoilered above is the legit title for the sixth book. She also spoils a little about who is/isn't the half-blood prince and says it's neither Harry nor Voldermort.

*cue Mr. Burns's voice*

Innnnnteresting

Comment

I finally saw the new HP movie tonight and I really didn't care for it at all. The first hour was almost unwatchable! If there were cuts to be made perhaps they could have cut some of the completely pointless first hour and included some more fleshed-out back story? I can't believe I feel that way because I really don't dig the adults that much. Snape disgusts me (Bathe, bitch!), Sirius is prone to inappropriate outbursts that skeeve me out and Lupin is bland for being wolf, yo.

Seriously, 30 minutes of, "Oh, look! It's a new school year and Harry has to go to his new class and meet Teacher X!" was quite enough for me, thanks.

The first half of the movie dragged and dragged while the second half just *flew* on by as though we hadn't been waiting and waiting for the Sirius pay-off. How much did Gary Oldman get paid to just make faces at the camera for 80% of the movie? Weird! Ugh! The pacing was like one of those terrible Mia Farrow horror flicks of the 1970s! "Something evil is coming... maybe...someday...once we're past these fake scares...any time now..." Blah!

I never had a moment of excitement or sense of peril. It was lametastic. I didn't really care for the book, either, now that I (mostly) remember what happened in it.

I did like the actress that plays Hermione -- even if she can't fake laugh to save her life -- and enjoyed her hitting that horrible actor that plays Malfoy.

I think Dan Radcliffe has improved. He still isn't hitting the darker notes and that was made especially clear when Lupin acknowledges that Harry has had some real darkness in his life -- DR just never pulls that shit off but I do think he's a cutie! Hee!

Could they have given Ron something -- anything! -- to do? He literally repeats one of three sentences in every scene he's in. "Hey! How did Hermione get here!?" "Bloody Hell!" "Scabbers!" Cripes! One more "bloody hell" and I would have taken to calling him Spike Weasley. The only really good line he utters is the one Neo mentioned -- about having to get his injured leg cut off.

And, as much as y'all will hate me for this I have to say I see ZERO chemistry between the kids playing Ron and Hermione. The book characters have chemistry but the actors? Nada. The actress has much more chemistry with Dan Radcliffe and there were even a few scenes where I thought Hermione was going to put the moves on lil' Harry! RLTL, perhaps?

Comment

You just totally hit on one of the Crazy Shipper Fundamentalist arguments. I think I read a thread somewhere on some crazy board (might have been that WE-HATE-EMMA LJ I reviewed?) about how all these adult women hate the girl that plays Hermione because she's supposed to be hooking up with Ron in canon but apparently can't stop flirting with DR in real life, as she has no gaydar. OMG SCANDAL SHEZ RUINING IT FOR THE 30-something YEAR OLD FANGIRLS!

I Crazies.

Comment

WARNING: Issie completely dorks out

It's confirmed! My brain cannot handle this. Ralph Fiennes is my older-man lust object! How am I supposed to hate on him like I'll have to?

And if this doesn't spawn Voldie/Other Male Character slash, I'll eat my hat.

SEE!? I'm already calling him Voldie, like he deserves a term of endearment! Oh, my brain.

The HP folks do know how to bring the pretty when it comes to casting, no? Miranda Richardson just signed on as Rita Skeeter and I'm excited to see her take on that. Also, she brings the pretty.

Oy, this fandom. It is the ultimate time-suck. DC was just the beginning for me y'all. Just the beginning.

Comment

At this point they need to take a page from the LoTR movies and make two versions, one that is absurdly long and includes all the details and one for theatrical release. The third movie sucked because they cut out so much backstory that would have helped fill in the plot holes, puff up the bland characterizations and fulfilled my need to remember what actually happened without having to read the shit again.

Comment

I'm not happy about that casting at all. Well, mostly I'm not happy about the fact that all of the bad guys past the age of consent are being played by hot/appealing actors while their "good" counterparts are seriously fugly (yes, I'm still bitter about Thewlis and Oldman).

I love Miranda Richardson, but I don't know if I'm going to see GoF. The chances of them majorly fucking it up is just too great.

Comment

Working...
                              X