No announcement yet.

Harry Potter & The Big Budget Extravaganzas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, there was talk about that at other places, roly. Back in the day, when I read the series for the first time, I wanted Viggo to play Sirius and Ralph to play Lupin. I didn't like Thewlis's Lupin, but I thought Oldman did a good job with his Sirius even though he basically chewed scenery throughout most of his scenes.

I'm one of those who'll see all the movies no matter how much they might suck. The badness of the first two didn't ruin those books for me and I liked the movie for PoA a lot.

Comment

I think last night roly said it best though, as stunned as JKR is at all the fan-love for Snape and Draco, she's really going to have a tough time with this one. Fandom's going to be swooning over Voldemort instead of her sweet, innocent heroes.

And, Schindler's List and Tom Riddle aside, I never in any of my readings of HP thought Voldemort should be handsome/good looking. I mean, wasn't he a bundle of gobulous flesh in the first one until Quirrell found him? And I thought now he's all snake-like/reptilian and such? I'll have to reread and see if that was just my take on things and not actually what JKR said.

Comment

@ Thewlis bashing, roly! Hee. They uglified him. Go rent Divorcing Jack, woman! Feel the luv.

*lights candle for my broken dream of Bowie-Voldie* Sniff.
        "But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.---Kanye

Comment

I have a wee bit of Thewlis hate but I think it's because of that ass he played in Dragonheart. *sob*

Comment

I've seen pictures of Thewlis that were attractive, but he looked (and pretty much acted) like a child molester in PoA. You know it and I know it.

Comment

I loved Thewlis as Remus, except for his clothes. From the books, he isn't that old, but he dressed like a 50 year old man. I get that he was supposed to be shabby, but not old. Anyway, he and Oldman made a nice couple, I thought.

Comment

Thewlis is only 40/41 and his woman is Anna Friel so he must be doing something right.
                "But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.---Kanye

Comment

MMmmmmmm.... Anna Friel....

Comment

There's a Goblet of Fire script excerpt up at The Leaky Cauldron.

First of all, squee @ twinses! Second, "Which begs the question: Why are you here, Miss Granger?" Preach it, Dumbledore. Third, Rita somehow manages to exit and yet still be there. Nice writing, Kloves. I suppose nothing else matters as long as Hermione is front and center and beautiful and tough and perfect in every single fucking scene. Grr.

I'm already scared of how assy he's going to make Ron. If he signs on to write OotP, I'm going to have to have him killed.

Comment

They've given the OotP movie to director David Yates. And Kloves is out! WB announced Michael Goldenberg's going to adapt it. Production of the film is expected to begin next January. Are the rumors swirling about the kids' commitments?

Comment

There were rumors back when GoF was in pre-production that Emma was stalling and I think one of the producers (Heyman or Radcliffe) gave an interview wherein he said that she was hesitant to do anymore after PoA. But obviously, she eventually gave in. Who knows how many more The Triumvirate will agree to. I'd bet that Rupert is in for as many as they'll ask of him and I think with enough cash thrown their way, Emma and Dan would probably be willing to finish out the series also.

I just don't get these kids! If I was 14 and somebody was all, "Hey, do this set of movies and you'll be set for life and everybody at your school will think you're so SUPAH COOL"? I'd be all ovah that shit!

Comment

I figured that the trend of each new book being longer than the last would probably break with HBP, but Scholastic confirmed it. It's still long, but they're never long enough for me.

Comment

GoF Trailer! It really needs to be bigger, but I'm still a-squee over it.

Comment

Was it Piggay that was concerned about who would play Cho? She's here.
                              Its just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

Hee! She looks pretty cute in the picture. Yay.

DUDE, that kid who plays Viktor looks like a young Mathew Fox, but hotter. I think I've found my new Wood!
                                It's all about me and my precious.

Comment

Working...
                                X