No announcement yet.

Harry Potter & The Big Budget Extravaganzas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can hear the feverish typing of a million slash-ficcers at this very moment.

Comment

The pictures from the London premiere are up. All the kids are so cute! They're like little baby hipsters with all the boys in velvet and all the girls in vintage. It's like they all decided to play dress up.

Of course all the Ginny/Bonnie and Emma haters are out in full force making fun of the girls' outfits. I think they both look nice and non-trashy, but it wouldn't be HP fandom without adults making fun of little kids for completely stupid reasons.

Okay, the link wasn't working, but I think it's okay now.
      Last edited by IssieCol; 11-07-2005, 01:27 PM.

Comment

I thought the latest movie was infinitely more entertaining that the last one. I enjoyed all the teenage/awkward moments and I thought all the kids did a good job with the more intense material. I thought Harry and Hermione (er, the actors that play them) had some cringe-worthy moments but that they were quite adorable overall.

As is the hallmark of the HP flicks, there is a feeling of being rushed through events that take some time to get through in the books. I can't seem to find the right combination in the HP world. The books tend to labor the point; the movies tend to rush things I'd like to take some time to develop. Like Neville! *sob* I love that kid. And I totally wouldn't have caught his parents were driven mad by that curse had I not already known it. And I loved him getting some play at the big holiday party. LOVED the holiday party!

SO happy they cut all that horrible elf crap! *whew* Have the elves even made an appearance in the movies? Ha! I hate them so much!

I can't wait for HP5 with my favorite villain: Delores the toad! She RULES.

Hated the scene with Myrtle. That bad little actress stopped the movie COLD. She looked 40 and it weirded me out.

Thought the whole bit with Harry's parents was WAY too rushed.

In spite of the fact that I think the little Hermione actress needs to learn a little something about subtlety (especially that final scene! Eeek!) I have no patience with anyone calling her fat/ugly/anything at all. She's cute and I love her all the same!

ETA: I also think that on screen chemistry is much stronger between Harry & Hermione than between Hermione & Ron (and yes, I know it's not supposed to be but I have nothing invested in Hermione/Ron and I just don't think little Emma has any interest in little Rupert).
        Last edited by isadora; 11-28-2005, 11:23 AM.
        Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

Saw it again, loved it again. I caught a few random bits this time that cracked me up, like the fact that Seamus was talking to Ron about his tendency to accidentally blow things up right before they ran into Harry in the courtyard. And the way Ron keeps going on about how, normally, he looks at the girls "from behind" while Harry is off asking the Patil Twins to go to the Ball with them.

I also think that on screen chemistry is much stronger between Harry & Hermione
          I completely agree, and if I didn't get such a kick out of the way it completely fucks with the H/Hr shippers, it'd probably bother me. I just think the reality of the situation is that Dan and Emma are all BFF off-screen and neither of them is very close with Rupert.

Comment

I just think the reality of the situation is that Dan and Emma are all BFF off-screen and neither of them is very close with Rupert.
            Rupert's a bit older than they are and probably thinks they're boring. He seems like he'd rather hang out with that kid who plays Cedric so that the two of them can sneak off and smoke pot in their trailers while the good kids are busy writing essays about their characters.

Comment

That makes me like Rupert a great deal more than I did yesterday. Thank you for that!
              Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

Plus he's the only one of the three that can act, so there's probably some sort of a pecking order with that, too.

Like the real reason the Beek and the Dirtay didn't hang out wasn't because the J was banging the Beek's chick, but because he knew that he could act, and the Beek was a box.

Comment

Order of the Phoenix teaser!
                  Last edited by roly; 11-21-2006, 10:38 AM.

Comment

I shouldn't be so excited this early but I am! Here's the latest EW article (it's the cover feature this week):

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20016352,00.html

*waits patiently by the mailbox*

BTW: if you missed the ABC Family behind the scenes thing from December, you can watch them all here:

http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/vi...ow/category/46

Pretty good stuff!
                    It's all about me and my precious.

Comment

New trailer is up on the web:
                      http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/#article:9745

It looks pretty good!

Speaking of Harry Potter, there have been a few things that BUG me about Order of the Phoenix (and some from earlier). Perhaps some of you can help me out! I'm assuming we've all read the book so I won't use spoiler tags.

1) I don't remember the book ever explaining why stupid Harry didn't use the two-way mirror to get in touch with Sirius rather than break into Umbridge's office twice?

2) How in the world did Hagrid's mom and dad ever meet and get it on? Huh? If Grawp is any indication, conception of Hagrid seems pretty damn unlikely unless it was some bizzaro genetic experiment!

Now I'm blanking on the others. I'll add them later. Hee!

Comment

The new trailer is frigging awesome. Fred&George

As for your questions:

1) Harry didn't know he had the two-way mirror until after Sirius bit it. He intentionally didn't open it, thinking it was something that might get Sirius into trouble.

2) I have no idea how/where they met, but my sexin' fanwank is that he put an engorgement [heeeeeeeee] charm on himself.

Comment

On #1: That's the part I don't get! Why oh why would he think not looking to see what he had is safer than going to Umbridge's office! IIRC there's absoultely no thought given to it until the end, and it's like oops I forgot I had it! How stupid is that! I guess if he at least felt stupid about it, I'd feel better but then the dumbass goes and tries to speak to the dead Sirius with it! Gah!

OK I remembered the other stuff:

3) Why does everyone keep saying Voldermort killed Cedric? Technically it was Wormtail! And did he use Voldermort's wand to do it? Cuz otherwise it makes no sense for Cedric's "ghost" or whatever it was to come out of the wand. But why would Voldermort let anyone else use his wand? I don't get it.

4) This ones's from the Half Blood Prince: If Voldermort knew that his diary was destroyed, wouldn't he make another one so he still had seven? Also, I know Dumbledore explains that Voldermort can't feel it when a horcrux is destroyed, but wouldn't he put on somesort of alarm system so that he'd know when someone distrubed the hiding place of a horcrux? That makes no sense to me!

Comment

Who else went out on a school night to see Harry Potter get his first kiss? Um, HP has gotten kinda hot! I have inappropriate feelings about him.

And I thought this flick was way above the bar set by the previous efforts. I'm usual lukewarm on the movies but I liked this one. It kept a brisk pace and there was no quidditch. Yay!

Comment

Originally posted by isadora
                              Um, HP has gotten kinda hot! I have inappropriate feelings about him.
                              Inappropriate? Are you kidding me? Dude, after the last HP movie I started noticing his budding hotness! Yes, I know, no surprise.

I'm going to hell. Or prison.

Comment

We did it and it was our favorite, too. All the HP kids are kinda hot, even Ron who's like ugly-hot. And this was the first movie that EW/RG had better chemistry than she usually does with DR. It made the coming lurve between R/H more believable for me.

And what'd they do with Cho? The actress is a really, really pretty girl and they kind of plained her out in this movie. Cho's supposed to be a smokin' hottie so I don't why they didn't play up Katie Leung's looks, 'cause the girl's got them.

Also, the girl who plays Luna is totally perfect. She's so weird and spacey and I was kinda hoping Harry and her would hook up, driving the fandom batshit.

The movie flew by for us and it probably has to do with how jampacked the book was with plot points. They did a good job of condensing them into a couple of hours without making it feel rushed.

Oh, and I love HBC as Bellatrix. She was so awesome and scary and heartless. But Sirius' death scene seemed kind of anticlimactic. Maybe it wouldn't have been if we didn't know it was coming, but I guess I expected more emotional oomph from it than what I got.

We'll probably go see it again this weekend because we both liked it a lot.

Comment

Working...
                                X