Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vanessa
    replied
    I see no problem with duplication of Neville and his package, though those hairy legs could be fixed.

Leave a comment:

• Laura
    replied
    Ha! I love this JK/Neville exchange:

http://www.justjared.com/2015/05/21/...y-photo-shoot/

ETA oops! Missed that Vanessa already posted something on this in another thread.
    Last edited by Laura; 05-22-2015, 03:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• LaaLaa
    replied
    Enjoyable! I love Luna in her batty flag coat. Still sad about Ron's thinning hair.

to

by 34? Being a wizard makes you look rough.

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    I LOVE IT.

I love how snarky she is about her own beloved characters. Love that Ron left the aurors to work with his brother at the family magic shop. Love that she says Hermione settled for Ron as a way to poke the crazy shippers. It's just delightful.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    JKR really wants people to write more fanfiction about Teddy Lupin and Victoire Weasley, I guess?

Updates from Rita Skeeter!
    http://www.today.com/books/read-j-k-...sip-1D79887288

Leave a comment:

• roly
    replied
    Meh, I'm over it. He's 20-something. Guys of all ages have no problem openly drooling over Emma Watson.

He looks very Clive Owen-ish to me in those pics, which I totally dig. Someone should put the two of them in a movie together as father and son, or younger-Clive and older-Clive. I might actually leave the house for that, regardless of the plot.

Leave a comment:

• vanessa
    replied
    That actor makes me have feelings that are not appropriate when applied to NEVILLE.

Leave a comment:

• roly
    replied
    Christ. Neville is shirtless and dancing with boys on some BBC show. My brain exploded when I saw those gifs. I love the internet.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    This is HILARS: http://youtu.be/IMUvWhcWkeo

Harry Potter Retold By People Who Never Seen Or Read It

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    Well, so that was a bunch of hullabaloo over nothing.

http://www.mugglenet.com/jkrint-wonderland-020714.shtml

She's just musing on the variations of character journeys, she doesn't really seem to be trying to overthrow canon. Obviously, there are ways in which Harry and Hermione are well suited for each other and share a lot in common and there is a 'could have been' to ponder which is valid. That doesn't diminish Ron or Ginny's suitability as well.

Leave a comment:

• dada_teacher
    replied
    I don't have a pony in this race, and I love both book and movie trio but if she says that Harry and Hermione should have ended up together then she reconsiders Harry/Ginny too, right? RIGHT?

I think Ron/Hermione were cute (except in book 6) but I didn't hardcore shipped them (mostly because in fics, when they put them together they put Harry/Ginny too).

Hmm, I do remember reading Snape/Hermione fics. One of them was acually good.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    I don't have strong feelings about this either way, honestly, especially not so many years down the road, but hey! Have some Grintson fanart!

I didn't even know that Grintson was a thing, but there is RP fic and all of the normal shipper trappings on Tumblr.

Leave a comment:

• roly
    replied
    Oh absolutely Harry is no Dawson and Ron is no Pacey. But Book-Ron is a much more likeable character than Movie-Ron, who basically alternates between sniveling coward and jealous douche. I honestly can't see Movie-Hermione and Movie-Ron getting together, but I think they made total sense in the books, probably because I see a lot of myself in Hermione (as I suspect all of us here do) and I totally would've gone for Ron.

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    While Harry is a Special Snowflake/not-even-quiet Hero? And that's tedious? He really sincerely just wanted to know his parents and have people who love him. Harry was a good kid. Dawson was NOT a good kid. So comparing those two doesn't work. And the only thing that Ron/Hermione have in common with Pacey/Joey is that they kind of orbit/support the main Special Snowflake.

Also? Ron is no Pacey, let's be real.

In the movies, I ship Harry/Hermione. I don't in the books. And I'd like to have seen them end up with people who complimented their personalities. I really think it all came down to JK's desire to have them form a REAL family for Harry. So they got folded into the Weasley fold. And I adore the Weasleys! I just don't think Ron/Hermione would have gone for each other romantically.

Leave a comment:

• roly
    replied
    I knew you would. And I maintain that the only reason someone who shipped Pacey and Joey wouldn't be fully behind Ron and Hermione as a couple is because of the damn Ron-shafting movies written by that damn Ron-hating Steve Kloves. He probably got dumped for a ginger in his teen years and harbors resentment.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X