Rentals, Recs & Rages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rentals, Recs & Rages

We watched Confessions of a Dangerous Mind tonight. The performances were strong and Clooney's directing debut was interesting but there was something fundamentally lacking in the script and the overall tone.

It's a weird and interesting story but Chuck Barris is so smarmy and unlikable that you don't find yourself rooting for him. So the story doesn't work on the light and airy levels because the atmosphere is glossy and brooding and the hero is assy. It might have been better if Sam Rockwell had gone for charismatic instead of deep, if you know what I mean.

Overall, it had its moments but it felt disjointed. *GONG*
    Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Deets on The Two Towers Extended Edition DVD. I see many hours of geeking out with the Appendices in my future. Squee!

Comment

I love that they were able to get so much of the cast (though not Viggo ) to do commentary and they've included so many extras. Sometimes these people don't get how geeky we really are about this stuff, but Peter Jackson and New Line seem to totally get it.

Comment

On D's recommendation, I watched Lost and Delirious

Fox, you have to watch this shit. Piper Perabo and Mischa Barton. The movie was hella dumb but

Kerrazy shit yo. Who knew Piper Perabo could look so dikey?
        It's all about me and my precious.

Comment

We watching Marky Mark in The Italian Job last night. It was good but Seth Green was GREAT. He claims to have invented Napster! He was SO funny. I him.
          Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

"I'm the real Napster!" He totally stole that movie!

Comment

My favorite was when he said it was called Napster because he was NAPPING when it was stolen from him. HA!!!

Comment

I was CRYING when he was doing the alternative dialogue when handsome Rob was chattin' up cable girl. Dude he WAS the movie. I him so.

Comment

I'm watching The Safety of Objects. So.Long. Way too long. Good acting but did I mention it's a solid two hours of unhappy yuppies?

Anyway, what's up with Patricia Clarkson? Based on her current trajectory her next movie should be with The Beek.

She's fucking Joshua Jackson in Safety of Objects.
                  She's Katie Holmes shitty mother in Pieces of April.
                  She's in The Station Agent with Michelle Williams.

It's weirding me out.

Oh, and weirdly enough, my favorite subplot is about the kid that is in love with his sister's barbie doll! OMB. SO SICK. I love it.

Comment

I'm having an inservice day today. I do need to get my ass in gear and accomplish *something* today.

I watched Bend It Like Beckham and that was good! It was compared to My Big Fat Greek Wedding (because it's about India in the same way MBFGFW was about Greece. Hee.)

Anyway, I liked it SO MUCH BETTAH than that romantic crap. Aww. SO GOOD.

I also watched View From the Top (I think that's what it's called -- I'm currently too lazy to get up off the sofa). Gwynnie aside it was rather charming. And Christina Applegate is highly amusing. Mark Ruffalo? Cutie.

Watched five minutes of Born Rich and realized I needed to see that shit from the beginning. Good Lordy! Rich brats! I it.

Comment

Not feeling the Finding Nemo love.

I did laugh at the name of one of the boats: The Surly Mermaid. Otherwise, eh. Too. much. Albert. Brooks!
                      "But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.Ē---Kanye

Comment

I don't like Finding Nemo. It ends with the typical Disney's cheese. I don't like Disney's cheese.

And Dori is just too fucking noisy, I can't stand that kind of shit.

Comment

We were watching Punch Drunk Love on DVD and I had to walk out of the room. It was too damn painful to watch. Dude, what a freakshow! I just could not get into it at all. Did anyone you like it? Did I miss something? Holy shit I wanted to drop kick all of them.

Comment

It's sweet when a rageaholic finds love!

I liked it once he kicked out all of the sliding glass doors. But then, I could relate to his family issues.
                            "But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.Ē---Kanye

Comment

There were *things* about it I really liked but, overall, I was majorly disappointed.

I thought Sandler was good and the directing was interesting but it just didn't come together for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X