No announcement yet.

Rentals, Recs & Rages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I watched The Hobbit Part Deux, Anchorman 2 and Monuments Men on my last batch of flights. The Hobbit...whatever. So long. So boring. So pointlessly filled with Kate from Lost and her bizarro romance (?) with a dwarf.

I actually laughed my ass off at Anchorman. The chardonnay may have been a factor.

Monuments Men was good? Kind of? I wasn't expecting anyone to die, so that was surprising and upsetting. Overall I think I felt like there was maybe too much going on, too many different threads and none of them were whole. As much as I enjoy an ensemble cast, I think they should have pared it down to half the amount of characters, picked one "mission" and just focused on that. As it stands, I felt like none of the characters were super well-developed. Except maybe Lord Grantham, and all of his development came via his last letter, and other people talking about him.

Comment

• I saw Captain America 2 and intelectually, I know it's a good movie, but it didn't resonate with me. Mostly, I liked Natasha.
      sigpic

Comment

• It's sad that you have bad taste in superhero movies.
        Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• So sad. No, I know it's a good movie, it's just that Captain America is not Iron Man, I guess.

I also saw Chef. That was cute. Made me want to clear my fridge afterwards.
          sigpic

Comment

• I used to be:

1) Iron Man
            2) Thor
            3) Cap

But Cap2 did bump Cap up to second place, so I guess there is that. But!

No, I know it's a good movie, it's just that Captain America is not Iron Man, I guess.
            That is basically my feeling every time I finish watching any movie. "it's just that 'Insert Name of Random Movie' isn't Iron Man, I guess." My RDJ thing is a bit out of hand, so I feel you.

I definitely want a Black Widow movie some day (hopefully with a dash of Hawkeye in it), but I also want a movie where Natasha, Cap, Tony, and Pepper have to go undercover all together spy-like for some reason, and it ends in a fourway orgy. No wait, maybe I just mean a fic, not a movie. Whatever.

I still can't believe I haven't seen Guardians of The Galaxy yet. Curse my eyes! Curse them to HELL!

Comment

• What! Go anyway and just feel it.

Comment

• I watched The Fault in our Stars last night and my body was ready for an ugly cry. Like, I WANTED it. Instead, I checked the time a lot, cringed when strangers clapped for Anne Frank mackage, and groaned out loud through several cheeseball lines. Maybe I would've been sad about Gus croaking if he wasn't basically Cancer Dawson.

Plus, these same two played brother and sister in Divergent and my viewings of the two movies were too close. It added an additional Flowers in the Attic component that I found distracting.

Comment

• This has totally curbed my curiosity to see TFioS after nonstop TV spots were wearing me down so thank you! I love that Gus is Cancer Dawson because every time I read his "swoony" book quotes, I'm like This confirms it.

Comment

• Ditto. I would've watched it wanting quality crytimes, so you've saved me hours.

Comment

• I might watch it anyway because that's exactly how I felt about the book. I did cry a bit in the book but I was just like: Ugh, kids dying of cancer! The Worst.

ETA: And the I really want to see the Anne Frank house scene played out b/c that was SO horrific to me when I read it I could NOT deal.
                      Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• I saw Maleficent. I loved it. Male was never trully evil at all and I kind of shipped her with the crow.
                        sigpic

Comment

• I saw Lucy the other night and boy, it wasn't what I expected at all.
                          sigpic

Comment

• I watched a movie called Very Good Girls yesterday that had Dakota Fanning and Lizzy Olsen in it and it was pretty good! They played besties in their senior year who both wanna lose their virginity before college, but then they end up being into the same dude. The dude was Boyd Holbrook who is now Lil Olsen's fiance. Anyway, tiny little indie but I rec it in case you wanna blow off a Sunday afternoon on your couch.

Comment

• I watched Snowpiercer last night and it was so stupid and terrible that I couldn't believe what I was seeing. And it had a stellar cast! And it has like a 90% positive on Rotten Tomatoes.

I don't understand. It was well made, sorta, but the story was silly and heavy-handed. Blech.

Comment

• It's already been 10 years since Mean Girls came out?!

EW Reunion time!

Comment

Working...
                                X