X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hunger Games

Hi, I'll be over here.

http://www.ew.com/ew/package/0,,20419951,00.html
    Last edited by isadora; 10-03-2014, 10:58 AM.
    6 YEAR COMMITMENT TO THE PAIN OF SHIPPING DE. I DONT COMMIT TO MY OWN LIFE AS MUCH DO YOU UNDERSTAND

This would be good casting:
    http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/04/27/th...-bell-johanna/

The Hunger Games': Why Kristen Bell should absolutely play Johanna Mason.

Apparently, Bell, who is a self-proclaimed Hunger Games super fan, wants to play Johanna Mason, the cunning former Games victor and District 7 tribute. (Bell has not yet responded to EW’s request for comment.) The no-nonsense Johanna finds herself in the Quarter Quell alongside HG heroine Katniss Everdeen, where the two flip-flop between their trust — or lack thereof — for one another.
    Well, you don’t have to convince me, Kristen. We’ve seen the actress play a character you don’t know whether to love or hate on the big screen before (see: Forgetting Sarah Marshall), and now that I’ve imagined her as Johanna, I honestly can’t see anyone else playing the role. After all, she already knows how to kick ass on-screen (hello Veronica Mars!) and would look damn good stripping down to her skivvies (as Johanna so memorably did in Catching Fire). And for those of you Hunger Games loyalists who might point to the fact that the 30-year-old Bell is older than the book’s Johanna — who is in her late teens or early 20s — remember that 20-year-old Jennifer Lawrence also has a few years on the 16-year-old Katniss.

Comment

I'm for that.

Also? Picked up my copy of EW! Hee!

And bonus content on their website:

Jennifer on Josh Hutcherson as Peeta: “Josh is so charming,” she says. “He’s so charming! And when you read in the books about Peeta being able to manipulate anybody — I mean Josh could get, well, I don’t know a metaphor for [this scenario] except for dirty ones. But he’s charming, he’s sweet, he’s down to earth, he’s normal. He embodies all of it and brings it all to Peeta. So when you meet him he’s got all of these great qualities and every single one of them come across in every line he says out loud as Peeta.”

RLTL, y'all. Do you feels it? Do u?
      6 YEAR COMMITMENT TO THE PAIN OF SHIPPING DE. I DONT COMMIT TO MY OWN LIFE AS MUCH DO YOU UNDERSTAND

Comment

If Lenny Kravitz plays Cinna as straight? This will be a very confusing movie for me. White Katniss, brunette Peeta, and a straight Cinna? I mean, really?

Comment

I feel like Josh is gay.

Jennifer is the only casting I semi like for these movies but she is Single White Female-ing KStew to a disturbing extent and it needs to stop.

The pics from set so far, I feel like Lionsgate is going to botch the aesthetic and it will end up looking lame like the Twilight saga. Which is a shame because Steph's AU sucked but Suzanne Collins' AU was actually pretty flippin' cool IMO.

Comment

He doesn't feel gay to me. But I know nothing at all about him so it might just be I'm oblivious.

I think the three leads are horribly miscast. So there's that. I think the supporting actors are pretty good, overall.

I think Jennifer is handling it all quite well! People keep comparing Bela to Katniss (cluelessly) so I think Jennifer is getting lots of questions about K-Stew and it's not really her fault.

I also think that the aesthetics are promising so far! The 1930s-depression-era thang they got going on for District 12 is in line with my vision! Hee! I'm hopeful about the movie but if the acting is off? Or the chemistry is not there between Josh and Jennifer? It will suck ass.

Comment

First Hunger Games promo!

*flails*

I feel the actor who plays Gale is not so great based entirely on this ridiculously brief voice over.

Comment

It does feel a bit like a WB voice over / cardboardy. But it was pulled out of context so it may not be *that* bad.

Comment

I may have to give in and watch that Miley Cyrus movie on netflix streaming.

Comment

Well, I did it. I watched The Last Song on Netflix streaming.

*sigh* I'm not proud.

But! I might be Team Gale because Liam is HOT, y'all! In fact, he carries all the charm in that particular on-screen coupling. First of all, Miley is horrific. Not that she's such a bad actress but I don't believe for a second that she's acting. You know how in those last couple of Babara Streisand movies, Babs' beatification is so distracting that you can't even focus on the movie? It's like that. Miley is troubled for about 5 minutes but really she's a genius. She got *pursued* by Julliard. She didn't have to *try* to get in. She takes care of her father and her brother. She is nice to animals. People stop to tell her how different and special she is (except rich blond women--they hate her! But everybody else hates them so it's a wash). It's an amazingly weird movie.

But, yeah, I'm Team Gale until Josh changes my mind.

Comment

The cast of The Hunger Games randomly gets the Dawson's Creek J. Crew Catalog treatment: Let the Games Begin! Love corny headlines.

Comment

Is the book series finished now? Because I really need to know if she ends up with the flat-faced kid, 'cause if she does, then I just can't even begin with this nonsense. That's the trouble with starting a book series after the movie roles have been cast. Miley's boyfriend is about 80 millions times hotter than Flat Face and if he doesn't end up banging Jen Lawrence, or if he does, but she still spends her time mooning over Flat Face, then it's totally not worth it to me to start.

Comment

The series is over. Just three books. And I feel sad that the movies have already tainted the awesomeness of the books.

You know how emmaleigh feels about K-Stew? That's how I feel about these books. Hee!

Comment

So, if I'd read the books, I'd have rooted for Flat Face? BOO! He's just not cute at all and frankly, looks borderline special needs. Maybe I'll read them anyway over Christmas. We're travelling a bunch so maybe I'll finally fit them in.

Comment

They take about five seconds to read.

And please banish all thoughts of the cast from your mind--they really don't fit the part. The casting of JL as Katniss still irks me. Katniss is described as being slight, with dark hair and grey eyes and darker skin. She sounds pretty Hispanic--as does Gale (Liam) and Haymitch (Woody). Peeta is blond and blue-eyed. They totally whited up the cast and it's taken me months to get over it!

Comment

Working...
                              X