No announcement yet.

Lifetime Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually enjoyed Lizzie Borden more than FITA (blasphemer!), but both of them were sort of straight forward adaptations without a lot of spice. There was something about LB that appealed to me aesthetically more, though.

Comment

Bah. Lizzie didn't record for me! I have to wait for a rerun.

But I finally got to watch FitA last night. I'm so late to the game, as always.

* Swan bed. Blow at least half the budget on that!
      * The Hunger Games electrical fence? LOLOL.
      * They definitely glossed over the fact that they'd rather let the kiddos starve for a week than cut Cathy's hair.
      * I KNEW Lifetime wouldn't show the blood stuff.
      * They did a crap job of showing these kids aging/not aging.
      * Burstyn's face when they give her the Christmas poster-thing! Wow. Amazing.

Comment

I have not reread the FitA books or watched the movie, but it's amazing how much detail I remember as you all have this discussion. I felt so sorry for Chris all the way through, and was always in sympathy with Cathy. She only fell in love with those other peeps because she was repressing her true love for Chris.

Comment

I finally got to finish Lizzie Borden tonight and I liked it! Ricci was fabulously crazy!
          Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

Sequel to Flowers In the Attic is in the works: Petals In the Wind

Still haven't watched FItA tbh.

And more about it from The Wrap: http://www.thewrap.com/lifetime-flow...ls-on-the-wind

Entertainment Weekly's is excited about the sequel: http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/01/11/li...-attic-sequel/
            Last edited by gloopdygleep; 02-18-2014, 09:14 PM.

Comment

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Thank you for the links, bb.
              Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

Isadora! Petals on the Wind starts on Memorial Day. There was a preview during True Tori(shaddup!)

No Kiernan and they recast Christopher also.
                "But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.Ē---Kanye

Comment

OMG. This is very exciting. WHO PLAYS JULIAN!? I bet they cut him out altogether. He's sort of pointless.

SO MUCH happens in Petals. It would have to be a Game of Throwns type show on HBO to cover it all.

Comment

Supposedly it starts ten years after they left Foxworth Hall so a lot will probably be left out.
                    "But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.Ē---Kanye

Comment

I just saw the preview. It looks B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Comment

I thought Petals on the Wind was AHHHMAZING. So deliciously cray.

I haven't read the book since I was about 15 and I can't remember how close they were to the original book, but I loved it.

Julian was actually a big part of the movie. And I really liked the new casting of Cathy and Christopher. It worked for me.
                        Last edited by jennchum; 05-29-2014, 01:54 PM.

Comment

IT WAS SO GOOD.

From what I remember, they skipped the years of Cathy being creepy with their Dr. Dad. And the stuff with Christopher and his fiancee was not in the book but it was PERFECT and AMAZING PotW fanfiction! I loved how HOT Cathy and Chris were for each other. It was EPIC. And insane.

Can't wait for the next one but it focuses too much on Cathy's weirdo kids, IIRC.

Comment

It was so so SO ovah the top! Even for Lifetime!

Was Christopher engaged at all in the book? I have little memory of this one.

Dead Carrie and her creepy doll. Mummy Cory! (They left out Cathy whipping the invalid grandmother.) they glossed over Julian's suicide! That book scene scared me for IVs for years.

But my grudgey-ness was for Bart! BookCathy loved him over time, didn't she?

Shaving cream handjob with accusations!

Comment

Ok, as I recall Julian killed himself because he would never walk again, yes? And Cathy did love Bart. But Cathy loved errrrrybody and Chris loved NOBODY EVER except his mother until he couldn't anymore and he transferred all that fucked-up mishmash of maternal love, sexual love and obsessive love to Cathy's doorstep. And he NEVER looked back and just perved on her whenever they were alone and she totally liked it but wanted them to have real boundaries and they could never pull it off. Later, she just accepted that it would never be anybody but him but there wasn't a through-line in the book like there was in this movie.

However, there was the other bitchy ballerina, Yolanda? I feel like she had a bigger part in POTW and that she banged Julian and perhaps tried to or actually did bang Christopher? And was just super mean to Cathy.

The shaving cream handjob was FUCKING AMAZING.

I was super sad Cathy didn't whip the grandmother but they amped up the evil of Corrine and cooled off the grandmother's evil in this version so Corrine was the mastermind. I'm actually super okay with all the changes. I think it made it better, funnier and true to spirit if not the letter!

And I think in If There Be Thorns (LOL at the title alone) Corrine was disfigured by the fire she set but once she gets out of the sanitarium she tracks them down and moves in next door. And Bart's son is a sociopath who kills animals, Jory is fiery and a ballet dancer but not nearly as crazy. He's more normal. I honestly have zero memory of his plot points. But Cathy keeps little beds and a picnic basket literally in her attic. I really can't remember anything else about it. I feel like Corrine has a creepy manservant, maybe?

What I really/want need is an adaptation of Heaven! UGH. I LOVED that series. Troy Langdon Tatterton and Chris Dollanganger are my childhood boyfriends for sure.
                              Last edited by isadora; 05-30-2014, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Can we get a Kickstarter going to make Heaven happen?

I was thinking about the tediousness of Troy's severe depression in a poet's blouse just the other day!

Comment

Working...
                                X