Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thor Ragnarok looks really good, y'all.

https://youtu.be/v7MGUNV8MxU

It feels Guardian of The Galaxy-ish! Which is not a bad thing!
    Last edited by ophy; 04-10-2017, 08:59 AM.

Comment

It looks like a lot of fun and i love the 1970s styling.
      Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

We got around to seeing Thor last night and we loved it! Funny Thor >>>> Grim Thor and Tessa Thompson >Infinity than Portman.

Comment

It was hilarious! And yuuuup, Tessa Thompson 4eva.

Comment

It was SO Good. and so much fun. Tessa Thompson really ups the ante from boring Portman.
            Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

Our house is TOO TOO excited about Black Panther. It's the first PG13 movie Mr. T gets to see and he gets to watch it with his cousins and us at the IMAX. And Mr. Issie is basically existing to hype Mr. T's BP fanhood. We will own ALL the BP swag by this time next week and I am afraid. I've had to draw the line at listening to the soundtrack in the car because of all the swears. I just can't do it with a kindergartner, y'all.

Comment

Aw! Badass first PG-13 choice! Iím super excited to do Valentineís with the dude on Friday in Wakanda.

Comment

Ok, so hot take? I liked it a lot, but didn't LURVE it. There was a lot of talky talky that slowed the movie down. I don't know know how else they could have handled the back story so maybe it's just a necessary burden with movies that have to establish new characters and tackle a substantial amount of world building. I felt the same about BP as I did about Wonder Woman, where I super bad wanted to love them both, but ended up just liking them. TBH I enjoyed Thor: Ragnarok more.

With that said, Princess Shuri is LIFE. She made that movie for me and I might be starting a Letitia Wright fan club in a little bit. I might also ship her with M'Baku so there's that.

Comment

Yeah, man, the talky bits were slow, especially the purple flower trip - but I didnít know if that was maybe just because olí King TíChaka was literally talking so slowly. Also, the CGI in some places wasnít the greatest. I can say I did love it, though, because I immediately texted my dad and asked if he wanted me to see it with him, and I wanted to hug and high five most of the characters. Not in passionate love with it, but itís a cuddly love.

Comment

Endgame was pretty much everything I could have asked for. I cried a bit, laughed a lot, and got to watch it in an IMAX theater full of unapologetic nerds who cheered and clapped throughout the movie.

Faves:
                      Fat Thor and Old Cap
                      Pepperony goodbye scene
                      "Avengers! Assemble!" (This got a HUGE ovation in our theater as did Cap getting to use Thor's hammer)
                      Bad Bitches all up in this battle clearing the way for Carol

Mehs:
                      Nebula angst - I just don't care that much about the Guardians anyway and I really don't care about them when they're taking up screen time from the originals. I will care more if Thor joins their future parties though.
                      Hawkeye anything - See above because samesies, I would've totally been ok with him being the one to go instead of Natasha

Comment

I... feel I am the only one who has serious issues with it. I understand why people love it and it was certainly well made and the performances were top notch so the emotions were there but the plot and the ending and the choices of where some characters go were fail fail fail for me.
                        sigpic

Comment

I just wanted to add that even though I agree with Issie about the GotG movies I actually like the characters in the Avenger movies and the sisters are my favorites (I wouldn't mind if the other three all died insted of the deaths we got tbh) so I kind of disagree about Nebula. She was one of the good stuff for me. On the other hand I hated both Fat Thor and Old Cap for different reasons.
                          sigpic

Comment

I really loved so much about this but a few things did fall flat for me.

I LOVED Thor and just the fact that they were all just fucking *wrecks* in the wake of failing so spectacularly in the last movie as great. I loved how it subverted my expectations and when they did the time jump, I learned forward and said: OH MY GOD AMAZING. Loved everything about the interactions and the focus on the original cast in this one.

So the one thing that bugged me was the end with Old Cap. It didn't make sense. It was SPECTACULAR fan service and I can live with it because PEGGY AND CAP FOREVER but there's NO WAY I believe Steve Rogers is gonna leave Bucky Barnes to be tortured and Hydra to infiltrate SHIELD from like 1946 on! Also, if he went on to marry Peggy, WTF was he up to? A stay-at-home-dad? NONE of that made a lick of sense. Add that to the fact that Tilda Swinton told The Hulk about time travel and I was like: Wait, what?

ALSO, wouldn't half of Peter Parker's classmates have lived and graduated?

Honestly, I was kinda Team Thanos near the very end because he was like: Y'all sure can NOT lose gracefully, can you? LOL. And I also kept thinking about all the adults who DID move on and like now have to explain their new spouse/house/baby to their old, dead family who think they left five minutes ago. LOL.

Comment

I prepped my emotions to lose Tony and Cap, but they fridged Natasha before her stand-alone movie?! :nono

Balanced BannerHulk is hot, you guys.

I also thought about the people (who didnít go apeshit and start grief-murdering like Hawkeye) all over the world starting over and then getting all of their old crew back! That shit is insane.

ETA: Of course I love the idea of Cap at home baking pies while Peggy runs SHIELD, but yeah, he just life-blocked Peggyís husband and two children, I guess? Iím not even trying to understand it, let alone him returning all the stones in their new tiny jewelry form.
                              Last edited by LaaLaa; 05-01-2019, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Lol, this will out me as the most casual fan, but I legit hear all of your valid, excellent points and at the same time DGAF about any of them! I am pretty happy to completely suspend my disbelief when it comes to all of these movies so timelines, time traveling, time anything don't occupy any space in my brain after the fact. I didn't even bother to rewatch any of the movies in preparation so I have no continuity issues because I don't remember 90% of what happened in those movies!

My experience during all of these movies goes like this:

Villain 1/2/3 wants X to do bad stuff, Good Guys wants to stop Villain 1/2/3 from accomplishing bad stuff with X, X is acquired by Good Guys, Villain 1/2/3 is defeated/killed/sent to space in a box.

I absorb none of the "science" that they use during explication and monologues. I am basically the ideal audience member 'cause I'm willfully dumb and will accept whatever they tell me.

Comment

Working...
                                X