What are you streaming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you streaming?

There's this new kid named Baby Yoda and he's taking the world by storm.

If I could have given birth to a baby Yoda, I woulda had kids.

The Mandalorian? I recommend! I would watch 500 episodes of Baby Yoda just hanging out.

I'm also gonna throw in a rec for The Watchmen even though I think the first two episodes are nuts and I sorta hated them. Heh. Every episode since those two have been stronger and stronger and, just from a media studies nerd perspective, I don't think I've ever seen a show have such a diverse cast that doesn't ignore the race of the characters (meaning Regina King is dealing with problems unique to her place in the world and her being a black woman is a very important piece of those problems). It has maybe the first hour of fictional/serialized TV I've ever seen dealing with the intergenerational trauma of racism in America? It's grappling with Some Real Shit. Also of note: Jean Smart -- the "dumb" one who was not super pretty on Designing Women -- is AMAZING in this show. Her performance just burns up the screen. What a revelation. KUDOS to whoever gave her the chance to burn it down. And did I mention the most compelling woman on the show is over 60? There's no hot white chick that exists just to bait us into grittier stories!

The only thing that doesn't make a lick of sense to me is Jeremy Irons' subplot, but it's Jeremy Fucking Irons and he's always amazing.

Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

I’ve only watched the first half of the first ep of Watchmen, so thanks for letting me know it’s worth keeping on the DVR! Jean Smart was the shit on Legion.

We still have cable. I can’t believe we still have cable.

Comment

Oh, girl. I still have cable but a very small package. AND FRANKLY I MISS CABLE. I miss everything on the tv all in place without having to mine through apps and suggestions and 7 different platforms to find the cool shit.

I just want EVERYTHING on cable and my TiVo to manage it for me. I DETEST all these apps.
      Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

I'm waiting for the backlash against all these streaming apps to cause someone to come up with a pick and choose app that gives you a certain number of shows from all the apps for a set price. We currently use 5 (Netflix, Prime, Hulu, Apple TV, and Disney). We prob wouldn't have gotten Disney if we didn't have kids because neither of us really feel that nostalgic about their content and I was the only one who really wanted to watch The Morning Show so I got the Apple app. It's not even compatible with our TVs since they're all Samsung and are older than a year. Mr. Issie tried this mirror app on my phone and iPad, but I can't get it to work without it freezing. BLAH, consolidate it all for me, TV bosses!

Anyway, I watched Mrs. Maisel S3 and I thought it was weaker than the first 2 seasons. There's not as much interaction between Midge and her family since she's out on the road a lot and I missed that part of the show. Rachel Brosnahan and Alex Borstein did press together and were asked if they thought Midge was a good mother. They were both a little bit defensive about it, but I think it would have been more refreshing if one of them admitted that Midge is a pretty sucky mom who seems largely disinterested in her children, but that something like that may have been the result of living in an era when women were pressured to start families at young ages rather than waiting to see if it was something they even wanted. At the end when Midge cries about not getting to tour with Shy, I told Mr. Issie that she was probs partly bummed about having to go take care of her kids.

Comment

Working...
        X