No announcement yet.

What are you streaming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is that an external label on the jacket? Is that a thing? What a fun picture of him at a Madame Tussauds.

Samesies on Peacock. We signed up for Apple+ just to get Ted Lasso, so I feel like I need to watch some more on that before throwing another subscription into the mix.

I’m so sad about Shrill on Hulu being over! Binged that and Dollface, probably because the pandemic really made me miss my girlfriends and talking shit over brunch.

Comment

• Apple has a cute english series about a couple trying to adopt, called Trying. I really like it.
      sigpic

Comment

• I had ignored Schitt’s Creek for all that time because most comedies just don’t work for me, but I was wrong. I hardly ever laugh out loud at it, but it’s sweet and kind and romantic in a way I wasn’t expecting.

Comment

• It took me awhile to get past the initial couple of eps that had waaaay too much Chris Elliott in them, but once I did it was so goooood. I saw a neighbor walking on my street wearing a Ew David shirt and was like MY PEOPLE SHE IS MY PEOPLE.

We signed up for Apple+ just to get Ted Lasso, so I feel like I need to watch some more on that before throwing another subscription into the mix.

Ted Lasso is the new Schitt's Creek! It's the only reason why I haven't given up my Apple tv subscription, too.

dada! Amazon prime recently added all of Jonathan Creek so I'm starting with the first season. It does have a Midsomer Murders vibe, which I enjoy. These early eps are also deliciously 90s.

Comment

• Schitt's Creek is almost impossible to get here, so I try not to be too wistful until a channel gets it. Til then, Ted Lasso is my jam. I absolutely love it. Right now we're watching it for the third time.

Jonathan Creek! OMG, the memories. Is it as good as I remember? Or my mystery loving high school self made it more than it was?
            Last edited by dada_teacher; 06-25-2021, 04:40 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

• Well, it depends on why one might be watching it, tbh. I'm 5 eps in and they keep pretending that there is slight sexual tension between Jonathan and Maddie but I don't see it? Also, the mysteries are about as far fetched as it comes, but it keeps things light which I do like. And Jonathan is an interesting character.

A little concerned that later seasons have TV-MA ratings instead of TV-PG because ugh, I don't want to sacrifice light and breezy for grim and dark. Y U DO THAT, British Murder TV?? I already went through that bait and switch with Shetland, dunn wanna to do it again.

Anyone watching Loki on Disney+? Loved WandaVision, but couldn't get into the Falcon and The Winter Soldier (I felt that the pacing was wackadoo). Thinking about giving Loki a try if only to see darling Hiddles do this again:

Comment

• Y'all I almost forgot that I watched Shadow and Bone on Netflix and they did a really good job with the adaptation! Wasn't a massive fan of the first book (so I didn't read the second and third one) but I decided to watch because all of the Ben Barnes gifs on tumblr wore my ass down. It was fun! I kinda hope they continue deviating from the original storylines like a lot a lot because according to wikipedia it gets pretty kray down the line, but this first series was very purty and pretty good.

And you know, the Ben Barnes of it all.

Comment

• I have watched all the Disney+ Marvel shows. I LOVED WandaVision, thought Falcon and Winter Soldier was uneven but SEB STAN IS SO HOT I just didn't care? Also they really did nail the landing with Falcon evolving to Captain America. I've watched two of the Loki episodes and they kind of meander. That said, I am just part of the MCU at this point and I'll watch whatever they do. Also, Hiddles loves this part and it's fun to watch him even tho I don't love Loki like most fans do.
                  Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• I really liked Shadow and Bone. It was fun and cute and a lot of pretty people. Jasper was probably my favourite.

I"ve watched a lot of Netflix during lockdown, but mostly old shows, like Outlander, Timeless, Anne with an E and TNG. Oh and Lupin too, which is new and very good, but French, so I don't know if it is anyone's cup of tea.
                    Last edited by dada_teacher; 06-29-2021, 01:34 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

• The characters in Shadow and Bone made a few obviously stupid decisions that made me yell at the TV like, “Don’t run upstairs!” but it was enjoyable! The Gale-type childhood friend was giving me Keanu in Speed vibes, but Mr. Laa kept calling him Prison Break.

SEB STAN IS SO HOT I just didn't care?
                      This. He and Mackie did the buddy genre so well (montages!), so whatevs that I didn’t fully understand any of the antagonists’ actual goals, right?

Loki is great so far. Hiddles IS having a blast and it shows, and Owen Wilson is a surprisingly fun as a calm bureaucrat troll.
                      Last edited by LaaLaa; 06-29-2021, 09:20 AM.

Comment

• Yes, I still don't know what the antagonist wanted in Falcon & Winter Soldier. Chaos, I guess? Who cares because the buddy genre shit was great and Bucky is HOT AS LIGHTNING.

anigif_sub-buzz-2969-1616960098-26.gif
                        Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• I LOVED Shadow and Bone, especially because I've read the whole thing. Very smart to combine the stories of the first Shadow and Bone series with the Six of Crows books (which is where Kaz, Jasper, Inez etc come from), as her writing has markedly improved from the S&B series.

Did anyone watch A Suitable Boy on Acorn/BBC? It's also a GREAT adaptation and so beautifully shot.

Comment

• I tried Sex/Life, but it was way way too embarrassingly bad to tolerate, even with the pretty bad boy with the big dick. All of the sex is just stunningly unsexy, even though all the actors are hot. I don’t know how they did that, but they really did.
                            I’ll try Shadow and Bone next.

Comment

• I finished the last season of Atypical and it was good, even if it felt a little mundane. At least it got to finish in a satisfying way, unlike Kim's Convenience which felt like a super dud after being one of the most fun shows to watch over the past 4 seasons. Eh, they can't all go out like Schitt's Creek.

We've got the new season of Never Have I Ever planned for this weekend and I'm still trying to decide if I want to see Dr. Death. I've read a few reviews that say it's an excruciating watch and I just don't know if I need that right now plus it's annoying to buy another subscription. That said, we're totally gonna give in and get Disney Premium in a little while so the kids can watch Jungle Cruise. We've been holding out, but now that we can also watch Cruella and Black Widow, it's justifiable.

Comment

• The cast of Kim’s Convenience talked about what a damn nightmare the showrunning and writing was for the last three seasons, so that’s why it ended up so dudly.

Binging Never Have I Ever so hard starting tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X