What are you streaming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New episodes of Grace & Frankie!
    You know I binged these ASAP! I'm so sad this is the last season, but at least there's still a few episodes left and I'll prob do a rewatch of the whole thing once it's all over.

The White Lotus finale was a let down. The season had such a great build up and the tension was perfectly played but the pacing the of the last episode was so weird and then the resolutions for the few characters you were rooting for were so unsatisfying.

Comment

• I didn’t realize Grace & Frankie wasn’t finishing, so I got to the “More episodes in 2022” and yelped. Way to tease me, Netflix.

I watched The CHAIR with Sandra Oh, and it was just painful and awful. Sexist, ageist, ridiculous but not in the good way. I saw nothing remotely compelling in the love interest and was rooting for him to be fired.

Comment

• The White Lotus finale was a let down. The season had such a great build up and the tension was perfectly played but the pacing the of the last episode was so weird and then the resolutions for the few characters you were rooting for were so unsatisfying.
        The pacing was weird, but I think it was the right ending. I am even okay with the dead person being who it was. Most of these people were going to back to exactly what they were - Rachel was always going to stick with the idiot, Tanya was always going to screw Belinda over, Paula and Olivia were going to be exactly as they were when they arrived. Nothing really changes for people like them.

I do feel bad for poor horrible Armand, but I am just so happy Quinn ran away to canoe. I hope we see him in Season 2.

They were all just so perfectly horrible. Shane’s mother in particular was chef’s kiss of horrible.

Comment

• I watched The CHAIR with Sandra Oh, and it was just painful and awful.
          Oh man, it was so bad. I didn't realize until after the fact that it was created/written by Amanda Peete and the badness made more sense after I found that out. It has this annoying, self-conscious, frenetic energy running through the whole thing that I definitely associate with AP. And Sandra Oh was basically channeling mid-breakdown Christina Yang in every single episode. Also, agree+++ that the love interest was a sad dumpster of a person and I could not relate to her wanting to risk it all for him.

White Lotus: I was totally ok with Armand being the guy, it actually made a lot of sense for him to wild out and then die rather than endure the more banal alternative of being fired. And I totally agree that no one was really going to change as a result of a weird week of vacation. I think my letdown was that it basically ended with the message that white people in power will always win so just accept it, already, you whining minorities and.... meh.

We finally watched Cruella and it was so good! Kind of dark for little kids, but we did a lot of explaining throughout it for the 6 yr old. It's also kinda long so I'm glad that we had the option of watching it at home as I'm pretty sure the boys checked out from time to time. The clothes, though! AMAZING. And I want to watch it again by myself so I can revel in the visuals. They enjoyed Jungle Cruise more, but I thought it was kinda boring and dumb.

Comment

• I have started watching The Good Place because Netflix told me I should. I know that it’s not fair because I know the twist, but if you watched it in real time, was it super obvious even then? Cause it seems to be pretty loudly obvious.

Comment

• It was NOT. I DID NOT KNOW.

I was like . . ..

Comment

• It is a no for me too. Although two people being accidentally in the good place seemed like too much.
                sigpic

Comment

• We started watching Only Murders in the Building and it is really fun so far! Selena is a good millennial match for Steve Martin and Martin Short and you believe that they would all obsess over the same podcast enough to think that they could become crime detectives within their own community.

I also tried Doogie Kamealoha, M.D. on Disney and it's so cute. Definitely something we can watch with the boys. I also tried the new Turner and Hooch and it's not great. The kids like it, but everyone in it is annoying to me. It's fine though, it gives me scroll time on the couch while they're sitting still.

Comment

• We started watching Only Murders in the Building and it is really fun so far! Selena is a good millennial match for Steve Martin and Martin Short and you believe that they would all obsess over the same podcast enough to think that they could become crime detectives within their own community.

Yes to this. I didn't realize that I still needed to see Steve Martin and Martin Short clowning on each other in the Year Of Our Beek 2021 but I guess I did. I also love it because when we moved to NYC a gazillion eons ago, the only person we knew there had been living in the Ansonia* since the '70s and we use to go to her apartment and she's passed away now and I dunno, it's just nice to be in the building again via TV.

*I know it's the 'Arconia' and not the Ansonia in the show but c'mon.

Comment

• How fun, o! That’s totally on my list, but I’m also super jealous of the Disney kiddie selections you get to watch, Issie. I’m hearing the new Spidey cartoon’s Fall Out Boy theme song in my sleep.

My current “the whole house is asleep” show is Tuca and Bertie. It’s stupid adorable.

Comment

• I love Only Murders in the Building! It's a delight!
                        Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Okay, so Only Murders Arconia exteriors are actually The Belnord, and the interiors are filmed at a building on Riverside, so ooops! Apparently my memory is shit about what the Ansonia was like (and I was thinking of the courtyard at the Apthorpe anyway) but still!

I am super enjoying the show.

Also enjoying Reservation Dogs on FX/Hulu , the new season of What We Do In The Shadows, and the new season of The Circle on Netflix. And I'm watching Nine Perfect Strangers because I read the book, although it's not really my thing in general. Very much enjoying Melissa McCarthy and Bobby Cannavale falling in lurve, though. They were my fave part of the book, too.

And Manny Jacinto's perfect face!

Also, the LulaRich doc on Amazon Prime made my jaw drop. I had wondered why people had stopped trying to sell me shitty leggings on Facebook!

Comment

• I watched the first LulaRich ep and I wasn't exactly surprised. Will finish it tho!

I wasn't going to watch Nine Perfect Strangers but nobody told me Manny Jacinto was in it! Now I'm interested.
                            Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• I haven’t watched LulaRich yet, but the Culture Study Newsletter has an interview about it and it’s fantastic. https://annehelen.substack.com/p/wha...ut-of-lularich

There’s so much the documentary refuses or neglects or doesn’t even realize it should explore: the history of Mormonism, the intersection of that history with the prosperity gospel, the way Americans are taught to conceive of and compensate the work of the so-called domestic sphere…..not to mention race, what was going on with manufacturing, body image, and how Facebook and Facebook Live in particular facilitated the expansion.

Comment

• Also, the LulaRich doc on Amazon Prime made my jaw drop. I had wondered why people had stopped trying to sell me shitty leggings on Facebook!
                                Same! It was always ALWAYS people we knew from church who were hawking leggings and then those posts just kind of disappeared. I think I may have even seen one of our church ladies in the doc when they showed people at the conventions, but I don't know her very well so I'll have to come up with a way to work that into a conversation with either her or one of her friends. She and her husband also own or co-own a Cross Fit box or whatever they call it so the Lularoe lifestyle definitely tracks.

The gastric banding in Tijuana was amazing! As was the lady owner's commitment to acting like a complete dumbass during her deposition even though it was clear that she's the most ruthless and power hungry of Karens. The chick figured out how to sell enough skirts out of the trunk of her car to survive for years! That is a straight up hustler mentality! But she didn't know what her title was in her own company? <insert favorite JLaw okay gif>

Other takeaways: She and her husband for real HAAAATE each other and probs hadn't spoken in days prior to their sit down interview. And they just seemed to gloss over the fact that two of their adopted kids hooked up!? And got married! The dude who had to abandon his love for Kelly Clarkson! He was a real life Onion article.

Comment

Working...
                                X