No announcement yet.

What are you streaming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now that sounds more my speed. Bring on the fluff. Also, The Great starts back up soon!

Comment

• Originally posted by ophy View Post
      Fully realize that this makes me An Old, but I'm kinda excited for this potentially delicious bite of cheesy Holidayz goodness:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"> TRAILER ALERT <a href="https://t.co/6eXsKdjfhb">https://t.co/6eXsKdjfhb</a></p>&mdash; Carly Lane-Perry (@carlylane) <a href="https://twitter.com/carlylane/status/1456245566845984776?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 4, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'm watching it right now! It's actually pretty good.
      sigpic

Comment

• I started Sex Lives of College Girls and it's definitely better than the Four Weddings show Mindy Kaling produced a while back, but I don't love it as much as Never Have I Ever. The four girls in it are good and I do love any sort of Felicityesque setting, plus it's only gonna be 10 episodes so I'll watch it all. I also started the new episodes of Gossip Girl and it's bonkers. Like no one's actions make any sense, none of the parents even pretend to care that their teenagers are admitting to threesomes, and the two sisters are both assholes. I think we're supposed to think that the younger one is the "good one" but she has major Dawson righteousness vibes and I hate her. I have S2 of The Great queued up for this weekend. I've seen a couple of joint promo interviews that Elle Fanning and Nicholas Hoult did together and they're adorable so I want to see them try to destroy each other on screen. I need a new super angsty Normal People show with gorgeous college kids who keep breaking other's hearts in between making out.

Comment

• I was endlessly skimming shows and I just don't care about any of the plots, ideas, characters I'm finding.

Either I'm depressed or this is a real weak TV market!
          Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Either I'm depressed or this is a real weak TV market!

I'm right there with you, though!

Comment

• We should do a DC rewatch. One episode per week or something. I really need someone to jump in this rabbit hole with me.

Comment

• I am actually in a great tv watching moment, so here's what I've got going on - Season 3 of Succession has me completely gripped each week, I stay up late then reading all the theories PLUS there was this BA NA NAS profile of Jeremy Strong (who plays Kendall) that dropped last night. Even if you don't watch the show, read it, it's deliciously bitchy and there's even a MWilliams cameo: https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...t-get-the-joke

Then I am loving Insecure in its final season - even if nothing much is happening so far, I just love watching these characters!

I'm saving the final drop of PEN15 for when I'm emotionally ready, but I know that will be amazing as well. And I'm also enjoying Sex Lives of College Girls, but yeah, not as good as NHIE - but the poor one is Timothy Chalamet's sister!

Comment

• I can't watch anything new until I get through the Beatle's doc on Disney+ but it's a gazillion hours long and I'm not even halfway thru yet.

I'm fully obsessed, though.

Comment

• Yes! The Beatles doc is next on my list. I am sure I'll love it. Also, I think I will try Succession. Everyone is raving about it.
                    sigpic

Comment

• But is it Paul or Faul? That’s what I want to know. Either way the guy is seriously talented. Not sure I can stay for all seventy billion hours of it but I’ve got through the first episode and it’s both fascinating and mundane at the same time. Lots of sitting around drinking tea and and chatting with mates all while being amazingly creative.
                      Laura
                      A proud member of Isadora's army.
                      Last edited by Laura; 12-07-2021, 03:14 AM.

Comment

• Oh yes, we're also watching this in my house in bits and pieces. The part where they come up with Get Back in like a minute was *fascinating*!

Comment

• the poor one is Timothy Chalamet's sister!
                          I did not know this! This is the first thing I can remember seeing her in, but she's great on the show. Also now, I can't unsee the resemblance.

Also, extremely unpopular opinion that I've had my whole life and have never been able to change/overcome? I'm not into the Beatles and almost always just pretend that I like them to avoid the outraged gasps followed by people trying to change my mind. Beatles stans are worse than Star Wars superfans because they really care that you don't like this one thing that the rest of humanity likes and then they tell everyone you know in common that you're not into the greatest band of all time. It becomes a real thing in your social circle, ask me how I know. That said: will this documentary that is eleventy million hours long still interest someone like me?

Comment

• I love a lot of the Beatles’s music, and I am just not sure about this doc. It feels like too much of a commitment.

Comment

• I’m a fan and will watch the doc eventually, but yeah, people just gloss over the fact that 30% of Beatles songs are word salads.

I’m also trying to get my emotions ready for the last season of PEN15.

Comment

• I enjoy iconic Beatles songs but that is loooong. I watched the first one and it could have been trimmed by a solid hour. There are moments of real fascination tho! And if you are into just the creative process -- noodling at something until it's an actual thing? That part is fascinating as Breezy mentions above.
                                Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

Working...
                                X