No announcement yet.

What are you streaming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hacks S2 not as good as S1, but I could watch Jean Smart play a fake Joan Rivers reading the phone book, so I am fine with it.

Comment

• The new season of Only Murders is so delightful! I love that the chemistry between the three of them has really gelled and now their bantering and quips feel natural and easy. They've been picked up for S3 and I have no idea how they're gonna stretch this story out, but I don't really care. I'd probs watch the 3 of them eat at delis across NYC and be perfectly happy with that.

I watched Summer I Turned Pretty and it was adorable. The soundtrack was heavy on Taylor songs which felt appropriate because the show is basically an enactment of her discography.

Comment

• I loved Hacks 2! I thought it had such great writing, especially for all the minor characters. Really fun and showed growth of the two without overdoing it.

I haven't started Only Murders yet, but I loved S1 and I would also just watch a show of them meeting for lunch to talk about life at delis around NY! Heh. I'm really looking forward to it.

Did I recommend Somebody Somewhere on HBO already? I just loved it so much. It felt real and funny and weird and sad, like the best moments in life.
        Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Summer I Turned Pretty was painfully cute. Kinda made me want to zip through the books, but then I think I remember ophy saying that To All The Boys… had an annoyingly young voice and I don’t know if I want to be bummed out like that.

All of the above are on my list, but the dude and I continue to watch things long after everyone in the world is done because, I don’t know, we like stress ourselves out trying to avoid spoilers over a several months, I guess? We are just now on the last ep of Stranger Things.

Comment

• I have managed to avoid Stranger Things for years and have only heard that it's gotten scarier each season so I think I'm too wimpy to watch it now. I did watch The Last Movie Stars which is a 6 part documentary by Ethan Hawke about Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward. They found a bunch of transcripts from old videos of Newman and Woodward so the documentary has Clooney and Laura Linney reading as them during voice overs. It was really good and I only knew basic stuff about them before jumping in so I learned a LOT of new gossip! Before watching, I basically had an image of a friendly, handsome grampy who made movies and then transitioned to selling pizza in his old age. But he was basically just Brad Pitt. I was aware that they cheated on his first wife (olden times JennyAn) but I didn't know it went on for so long before he finally got a divorce and that his wife KNEW for like a long time and he kept right on going with JDubs anyway. He was also super boozy and basically admits to being a functional alcoholic, was kind of a shitty dad (his daughters have made peace with it because they grew up in the 70s and 80s when everyone's parents were less...parental), and that he maybe-likely cheated on JDubs too! Also she hated that burger/steak metaphor that everyone uses now.

Comment

• I watched the beginning of the Newman doc, and I liked it a lot. I didn't know they were quite so, eh, bohemian, if that makes sense. I'll definitely go back and watch the rest of it.

I loved the last season of Stranger Things and I don't find the show very scary. It's a show with children at the middle of it, so the stakes and violence can only get so high? It's creepy! But in a way I find fun.
              Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• That’s on my list!

Re: Stranger Things, there are def some gory bits I just conveniently look at my phone during, but I find the whole thing mostly delightful and fun because most of the characters are so fucking adorable. Steve Harrington checks literally all my TV teen-boyfriend boxes (cute, lovelorn, protective, impulsive idiot who tries to cover up all his fee-fees with quips, is good with kids, strives to be worthy of the overachieving object of his lurve, etc.) I love Steve so much it’s gross, and I could write an almost Pacey-level thesis on his character arc.

Just in case his transformation from King Steve to Apocalypse Babysitter is some kind of spoiler.
                Last edited by LaaLaa; 08-06-2022, 07:03 AM.

Comment

• Steve Harrington is precious! I want him to be happy but I don’t ship him with Nancy at all.
                  I find ST more icky than scary. Currently on a rewatch of season 4 and a lot of it is hard going with the Russia storyline and the bullying but the kids make it worthwhile. Max remains my fave and I’ve been loving the Kate Bush renaissance.

Comment

• I just want a spin-off of Robin and Steve and Dustin bickering affectionately, tbh.
                    Last edited by LaaLaa; 08-06-2022, 02:01 AM.

Comment

• Started the Paul Newman/Joanne Woodward doc last night. I am loving it. He was way more fucked up than I knew, but that makes him more interesting. And to me he is a perfect looking man, so that helps too.

Comment

Working...
                      X