No announcement yet.

What are you streaming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got through 5 or 6 episodes of Outlander, but they kept raping or almost raping the women and it was presented as evil, sure, but the constant threats and actual rapes felt exploitative, particularly since they always involved ripping off the shirt to expose some boobs.

Comment

I'm enjoying S3 of Sabrina overall -- fun, high stakes, dark lipstick for everyone -- but I don't feel ANYTHING for or between Nick and Sabrina. It's like an empty void where any emotions could be for some reason. Like he went to hell for her and she loves him so much she'll do anything for him and I have never cared less about a teen ship in my life.
      Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

SAME! In fact I’m finding Sabrina herself super obnoxious this season, but the rest is fun.

Comment

The Hillary documentary is so well done. It made me angry and sad and inspired too. And I hate Bill after his weasel words about cheating and how he now deals with anxiety better. WTFever.

There were a bunch of women who are her friends, classmates, advisors, and they just provide a clear and frank discussion of how much sexism she has seen.

Comment

I'm gonna watch it in the next few days while my husband is out of town and I'm practicing "social distancing" in my yoga pants with a bunch of prepared food.
            Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

My favourite show, La Casa de Papel, is coming with a new "season"* on Friday! I really hope this one will not disappoint like a lot of my shows lately

*season means like six episodes in Europe tv
              sigpic

Comment

Quarantine binges:

Outer Banks - I'm not done with it, but it's The Creek + crime + searching for long lost gold. The main guy is named John B and everybody calls him that all the time like he's constantly in class with 4 other Johns. It moves really fast so it's easy to binge, but everybody on the show is so stupid and terrible, it's hard to find someone to root for. I want a hurricane to take errbody out.

Black AF - I watched it while playing on my phone and still laughed a bunch. It's Kenya Barris playing himself and show Kenya is a horrible person, but so is the rest of his family. Rashida Jones plays his wife and she's awesome in it. This is basically Blackish except everyone is a rich L.A. douchelord.

I watched the Jem movie and it got terrible reviews when it came out 5 years ago, but I liked it so whatever.

I'm also watching Reese's interview show Shine On and she fan girls big time over Dolly which is fun to see and she has an episode with Kacey Musgraves who I love.

The new Michael Jordan doc on ESPN aired the first 2 of 10 episodes the other night and it's awesome. Even if you don't like basketball or sports that much, just seeing the power plays between a bunch of different people and the crazy talent of one human take over an entire league of other talented people might still be interesting.

What are y'all watching?

Comment

On an All Star Trek diet, though I am running out of Star Treks, so I will have to branch out soon.

Star Trek Enterprise - better than I thought it would be, though not what you'd call good. The post 9/11 season was pretty unsubtle, but I enjoyed it.

Picard - a hot mess, and Michael Chabon should never be allowed to write Star Trek again, and particularly not for Seven of Nine. I enjoyed the nostalgia of seeing Patrick Stewart, Jonathan Frakes, and Marina Sirtis, and I really loved the new characters. Next season without Chabon should be great.

Discovery - started out very grim-dark, but then at the end of the first season they basically had the characters say they weren't on board with that and they are Starfleet. It's pretty awesome and I am super happy that it pisses off the fanboys by having women and gay men and people of color and not so many white savior males. Also: Michelle Yeoh and Doug Jones.

Comment

My cousin is begging me to watch Outer Banks, and she watched DC with me back in the day, so I’m on the fence now!

I saw just bits of the Michael Jordan doc - maybe because I don’t want to remind myself that sports will be forever weirded up by the virus.

We’re still sticking to joyous half-hour comedies like Brooklyn Nine-Nine, and I’m kind enjoying the strangeness of spending time with late night hosts on their couches.

Comment

I've finally powered through and I'm into S3 of Schitt's Creek and it's finally as warm and fuzzy as everyone kept promising me since the start? There's a dramatic shift in the S2 finale and it was much needed.

My husband is on an all-Trek diet and we had to get CBS All-Access to do it. UGH. He was mixed on Picard but is VERY taken with that other show -- Discovery? LOL IDK b/c I'm not about that Trek life. He stays up all night bingeing it and whining about how tired he is the next day. It's very annoying.

I can't seem to focus on much? So I have watched a bits and pieces of all kinds of thing. Watched a couple of episodes of Ozark and I don't get why people are so hot for it, but I'll keep going, I guess.

I'm shamefully watching a lot of CNN, even though I get no comfort or new information from it. LOL. WHY AM I DOING IT? I DO NOT KNOW!

I'm super interested in the Jem movie now tho.

Comment

I can't do the news! All it does is raise my blood pressure. I got pulled into watching Anderson Cooper's interview with the dumbass Las Vegas mayor tonight and almost threw a fucking blood clot. I can't believe these people are in charge of making sure we don't die! So many of them are so deeply, willfully stupid and the vast majority of them are selfish assholes who wouldn't know altruism if their own kids' lives depended on it.

The Jem movie was exactly what I expected, but I think it's well established here that I have shit taste in movies. It had cute songs, had an easy to follow plot, and everyone in it is attractive. It was the perfect accompaniment to my late night chips and salsa snacking and that's all I wanted.

I also finished Little Fires Everywhere tonight and I liked it fine. I didn't read the book so have nothing to compare it to, but it was interesting every single week and The J was good in it. I don't think it needs a second season, but like with Big Little Lies, I'd tune in. I actually maybe like LFE better than The Morning Show even though critics seem to like TMS way more. I don't think my judgment is clouded by the inclusion of The J either since I don't watch stuff just 'cause he's in it. I think I've only seen 1/2 of S3 of The Affair and gave up on it entirely and have NO REGERTS. I'll never watch the rest of it because it was boring.

I’m kind enjoying the strangeness of spending time with late night hosts on their couches.
                        Me too! I like seeing them shoot the shit with celebs in their casual clothes and everyone's so relaxed.

Comment

I can't do the news! All it does is raise my blood pressure. I got pulled into watching Anderson Cooper's interview with the dumbass Las Vegas mayor tonight and almost threw a fucking blood clot. I can't believe these people are in charge of making sure we don't die! So many of them are so deeply, willfully stupid and the vast majority of them are selfish assholes who wouldn't know altruism if their own kids' lives depended on it.
                          I don’t watch news, but I did watch that Las Vegas mayor interview and it was hilarious. Why it didn’t make me throw a clot is that by the time I watched it, she was getting very wide condemnation for it. But I definitely don’t watch the president’s nightly show; my mental health can’t take it.

Maybe I will try Schitt’s Creek after I finish Discovery.

Comment

Have y'all watched Ozark? Everyone was like; OH IT IS SO GOOD. And I'm halfway through the first season and it's just not that good.

It's like a milquetoast Breaking Bad. And I know I hated Walter White and found the show infuriating at times but the cast was so perfect and the writing was bonkers and fun? But, thinking back, I had a tough time getting into the first season. I dunno.

I feel like Ozark feels like a foregone conclusion? I called every beat, every plot point, every second of it so far. If I skipped the entire first 5 episodes so far and just read a paragraph about what's happening I don't feel like I would have missed anything. Every time a character is introduced, I already know where it's going. The wacky naked guy that is dying? Surely he will teach the kids about living!

The only time I was surprised was when Laura Linney blurted out the truth to the kids early on. I was like: OK, these parents are terrible and I like that, at least.

Comment

I watched one episode of Normal People and now I need to lock myself in my bathroom and pretend to have cramps for the next 5 hours because it's so GOOOOOOOD.

Comment

I watched one episode of Normal People and now I need to lock myself in my bathroom and pretend to have cramps for the next 5 hours because it's so GOOOOOOOD.

I LEGIT retreated to bed early tonight with 'digestive issues' so I could watch Never Have I Ever on Netflix so I feel you. I love love love it so far. Although, i do think Mindy Kaling is working through her residual BJ Novak feelings with what seems to be coming for Ben and Devi.

Let me know if Normal People is worth having regular digestive issues for as well. I didn't love the book? But I can imagine that if the leads have delicious enough Irish accents and firehawt enough chemistry that could maybe make up for my mehness about the actual storyline. I'd have to fastforward through anything with Marianne's brother or other bfs, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X