No announcement yet.

What are you streaming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes. Emily in Paris is bad but it's perfect for lockdown bad so we saw all of it.
    sigpic

Comment

Oh, I watched Emily in Paris when it came out! I was so excited for it when I pressed play and then felt many levels of disappointment as the season unfolded. I finished it though! It was bad cheese, but bad escapist cheese is just fine with me these days. Emily was completely unlikeable and her outfits were crazy, but I'm a Dawson's alum so I already know how to process my dislike for a main character and keep watching a show. I'm absolutely gonna hate watch S2 which was just announced. I will say that she had an absurd amount of Chanel for a lady who worked in PR.

I've watched the following Christmas movies so far this season and would grade them on a curve like this:

Holidate (B-)
      Midnight at the Magnolia (B+)*
      Operation Christmas Drop (C)

*This had 5 minutes of angst and I enjoy that because I'm a masochist, it might not actually deserve this high of a grade.

Comment

While waiting for S4 of The Crown, I watched The People vs OJ Simpson, which I think plays very differently in 2020. The way the defense was so much about systemic racism is very interesting given the year we've had here. That said, OJ is super guilty and the LAPD just really fucked it up.

On to S4 of The Crown. I watched the first few episodes, and I am just not sure about Gillian Anderson as Thatcher. Her portrayal seems just really really self-conscious and showy. It is distracting, every time she is on-screen.

I thought I would love the Diana parts, but it is making me so sad watching this coming. And her being so very young is just making me uncomfortable. Way back then, we thought it was romantic and sweet that this prince chose this very young woman, but now it just plays as gross.

Comment

Started the holiday cheesefest! Agree that Holidate was above average, but I def would have found it more enjoyable with a Zoey/Glen combo. Also watched Dash and Lily in the background over the course of a workday. YA-flavored holiday cheese packed with delicious tropes.

Comment

S4 of The Crown was good, but I now hate Charles a lot, even though Diana was clearly no saint either. Strangely it made me like Camilla more. I am also much happier with the Tobias Menzies version of Philip. He doesn’t piss me off nearly as much now.

Then I binged S1 and all the existing S2 of The Mandalorian. The first season really dragged in the middle, but started and ended strong. I am loving S2, and it’s making me consider digging into The Clone Wars, which I have avoided.

After that I am lost. I am trying Virgin River, but I think I am going to ditch it soon. I am an intensely bad writer and yet I feel I could write a better show than this.

Comment

I love the Baby Yoda show. It's cute and the stakes are low. It's my happy place. Clone Wars is overrated IMO. I have watched the first season and it's FINE but the dialogue is bad. The plotting is pretty good? It might be too sci-fi for me. I need opera in my space.

Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

Each Mando ep is so stylized and fabulous I can’t handle it.

Finished Queen’s Gambit and Mr. Laa kept saying randomly throughout, “Why is this so GOOD? Are we ever going to find something else this good?” Hah! The combo of sports movie + coming of age + chess + pretty genius badass + period piece broke his brain.
                Last edited by LaaLaa; 12-01-2020, 11:46 PM.

Comment

We watched The Undoing this weekend and it was good, but I thought it was overhyped on socials. The mystery ended up not being that great and it was much more interesting as a character study than as a thriller. Also, Nicole's gotten better about the botox, but when she was running on the bridge, her frozen mouth was disturbing.

Comment

I feel this way about every show I've watched this year. Nothing is living up to the hype.

Queen's Gambit was gorgeous -- especially the lead -- but it felt pretty silly and unbelievable to me.
                    Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

We started the Crown. We had to see what the hype was about! We're on season three and so far it's gorgeous, very well acted, probably half reality, half pure fabrication. For me it cements my belief that royalty should cease to exist.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X