Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• isadora
    replied
    I'm gonna watch it in the next few days while my husband is out of town and I'm practicing "social distancing" in my yoga pants with a bunch of prepared food.

Leave a comment:

• vanessa
    replied
    The Hillary documentary is so well done. It made me angry and sad and inspired too. And I hate Bill after his weasel words about cheating and how he now deals with anxiety better. WTFever.

There were a bunch of women who are her friends, classmates, advisors, and they just provide a clear and frank discussion of how much sexism she has seen.

Leave a comment:

• Laura
    replied
    SAME! In fact I’m finding Sabrina herself super obnoxious this season, but the rest is fun.

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    I'm enjoying S3 of Sabrina overall -- fun, high stakes, dark lipstick for everyone -- but I don't feel ANYTHING for or between Nick and Sabrina. It's like an empty void where any emotions could be for some reason. Like he went to hell for her and she loves him so much she'll do anything for him and I have never cared less about a teen ship in my life.

Leave a comment:

• vanessa
    replied
    I got through 5 or 6 episodes of Outlander, but they kept raping or almost raping the women and it was presented as evil, sure, but the constant threats and actual rapes felt exploitative, particularly since they always involved ripping off the shirt to expose some boobs.

Leave a comment:

• IssieCol
    replied
    I started the new season of Sex Education and it's pretty good so far. I still care about Maeve the most so I hope she gets integrated back in with the rest of the cast of kids, although I can how bringing her mom into the story helps flesh out her character more. Otis has always been a little meh to me so his slow slide into a mansplainer is annoying. He always had strong potential to turn into a sanctimonious whiner, but hopefully they'll figure out a way to keep him from going full Dawson Leery. I def will NOT want him with Maeve if that happens. Also, I didn't expect to care much about Amy, but she's been great this season.

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    I didn't care for either of those. I bowed out within 3 episodes of both.

Leave a comment:

• vanessa
    replied
    I am trying Outlander. It’s kind of slow and I don’t know if I like it at all yet, but the accents are soothing to me. It was either this or Expanse; maybe I’ll try that next or if this annoys me.

Leave a comment:

• vanessa
    replied
    love that every time she talks it's like the words are being fed into her brain in real time and she needs an extra second to process them before they can come out of her mouth
    Perfect description of her! I love Lexi so much.

Jerry going back makes me super sad. Morgan going back is also not a great idea, but I can support it since she gets so much Monica love.

Leave a comment:

• IssieCol
    replied
    The fact that the two big schools for this are 40 minutes away from each other is so very Texas.
    It's the most Texas thing ever and I love it.

My insta stalking has not uncovered any more info about why Sherbs and Morgan don't follow each other anymore. There was a point where Morgan was calling Sherbs and Gabi her besties, but then that stopped and they haven't hung out in forever. Gabi and Sherbs are still best friends and Gabi comments regularly on Morgan's posts telling her that she loves her and that she's amazing so whatever happened between M&S, Gabi has managed to stay out of it. Morgan is back at Navarro for year 3 although I'm not really sure why? She said on the show that she thought it would be good for her so maybe she just wanted one more year with her Mama Monica. Sherbs is cheering at Texas Tech now so if they do another season, she probs won't be in it. Overall, Morgan seems much happier these days! She's got a boyfriend who plays minor league baseball and who obvs ADORES her and they are unicorns and hearts level adorable.

Jerry is also back at Navarro and again I'm not sure how that works. He got into Louisville and was cheering for them so it seems like a step back to go to junior college again, but who knows? Maybe he's doing what Kapena was doing and is like a student coach or something.

I'm fascinated by Lexi. Her raving, her vaping, her tumbling, her HAIR. I love that every time she talks it's like the words are being fed into her brain in real time and she needs an extra second to process them before they can come out of her mouth I need to know if she has figured out which sounds are made by certain instruments. I'm pretty sure she just broke up with her little raver boyfriend because she scrubbed her insta of all of their pictures. He had a huge following too although I'm not really sure what for.

Another thing that I love is that Chrissy Teigen is OBSESSED with this show like I am and it makes me laugh every time I go to one of kids' SMs to see that she already follows them.

Leave a comment:

• vanessa
    replied
    Meanwhile I am 4.5 episodes into Cheer. I love it, though they are clearly hiding some drama. I mean, there is no way some of these kids aren’t having sex with each other, and yet, not a whiff of that.

I am simultaneously happy they didn’t make Monica into a bitch queen just because she is in charge and competent, but on the other hand I believe she is probably pretty evil.

I hate that they play with Jerry’s feelings all the time by saying “you’re no the mat” and then “oh no, that was just to inspire someone else to not be an ass”. Because Jerry is the best.

I love Lexi and her total and complete badassness at the sport. “She’s a boy tumbler” <3333

Gabi’s parents are cartoon evil.

The fact that the two big schools for this are 40 minutes away from each other is so very Texas.

All of these kids with the tragic pasts are killing me. Poor Morgan!

Leave a comment:

• IssieCol
    replied
    I didn't even know G&F was coming out yet so I was so excited to see it pop up! We had a busy weekend with family in town so I haven't gotten to watch it yet, but I'm gonna start tonight.

Leave a comment:

• vanessa
    replied
    Well then Season 6 of Grace and Frankie cropped, and I really really need thone girls.

Leave a comment:

• vanessa
    replied
    That sounds right in line with what I need right now. After The Crown, I am on it.

Leave a comment:

• IssieCol
    replied
    I just binged Cheer on Netflix and it was amazing. It's about the best competitive cheer leading team in the country and they are from some podunk town junior college that's like an hour south of Dallas. They've won 11 national championships at the only cheer competition that happens every year for college cheerleaders, they are straight up worshiped in the cheer community, their coach is like if Coach Taylor and Tami Taylor became one human being (that's from Twitter, not me, but it's 100% truuuuuuue), and their backgrounds are sad/fascinating.

One of y'all get on this so I can talk about it with you and then post cheer gifs!

Oh! And I've started insta browsing all the kids and I need to know why Sherbs and Morgan don't follow each other even though they both follow everyone else! There is DRAMA there, I FEEL it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X