Commercials & Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commercials & Ads

I have an irrational hatred of those newish Crest One Week Whitening commercials. I don't know why. I think it has something to do with the fact that the girl's friends berate and tease her that there must be love involved and just won't believe her.

Why won't those bitches believe her?! Then they point out all the times she has failed to follow through with things. ("It was only a week!") Grr! BAD FRIENDS!
    Last edited by NeoMaxy; 05-13-2004, 12:08 AM.
    "But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.”---Kanye

Heh. That one didn't bother me that much. You know, not that I have Tivo, I really don't see very many commercials any more. No more tampax pearl commercials! Whee!
    It's all about me and my precious.

Comment

One of those commercials has Skeeve's less famous twin as one of the doubtful friends. The only thing I can think of when I see those is that this chick went from Sweet Valley High the TV show and Basketball Diaries to this. Oh, and her sister's fucking the J.

Comment

The girls in those ads look like they have fake teeth painted on top of caps.
        It always makes me think of the time I was at the orthodontist and two of the girls that worked there were joking about a girl who wanted longer teeth. I never had the nerve to ask how they went about that.

Up here they have some cute ads for Bell. A 11 or 12 year old boy is explaining to his little brother Terry about different phone services. The commercials start off with the boy talking to the camera and then turning to his brother for a reaction.
        The cutest one has the brother saying "Terry wants to know what bundling from Bell is. Well, Terry, it means that for $1 I'll kill one monster in your closet but for $1.50 I'll kill three monsters."
        Terry, who is laying in bed with the covers pulled up to his chin nods. Big brother goes into the closet and fights with the monsters, you can see Terry looking terrified. Big brother comes out and says "Three down, one to go" and leaves the room.

During the playoffs the CBC is running a lot of ads with Donald Sutherland doing a voice over. It is very strange to have a DS ad followed by one of Keifer's Ford ads.

Comment

Dude! I saw Billy Jayne (aka Billy Jacoby of Mikey in "Parker Lewis Can't Lose" and Buddy of Just One of the Guys) on a commercial for some loan web site or some shit this weekend. HOLY COW. He looked old; I feel old.
          It's all about me and my precious.

Comment

Are Jessica Simpson and her untalented and less attractive relatives and friends in *every* commercial now?

And now MTV is giving her little sister Ashlee her own show! The hell? Has anyone else seen this untalented child on Seventh Heaven?
            "But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.”---Kanye

Comment

Originally posted by NeoMaxy
              Are Jessica Simpson and her untalented and less attractive relatives and friends in *every* commercial now?

And now MTV is giving her little sister Ashlee her own show! The hell? Has anyone else seen this untalented child on Seventh Heaven?
              You think that's bad my mom is doing a show to turn one lucky person into a socialite for one year.

Comment

The new ads for the Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce have the guy from Ed in them. He's walking down a street talking to himself and all the curious little Canadians pop up like ground hogs and say "No fees?" So. fucking. stupid.
                <--- so old I can remember when Anne Murray did ads for that bank.

I hate the ads for the new Pepsi minis too. Washed out colours and retro fashions and sets suck. I don't think it would have been any better if they had over saturated the colours either.

Comment

OMG. The Nike ad with all of the girls turning into one of the Williams sisters during their tennis lesson with "He Needs Me" from Popeye playing in the background is the coolest. Thing. Evah.

Comment

I really like all of the Nike ads that they've been playing. I think the Nadia Comanechi one is the weakest, but they're all pretty cool.

Comment

Delia Fisher is on a Big Lots! ad. It makes me think of Ophy's wedding presents.

Comment

Mr. Is is obsessed with the Hootie/Burger King ad. He loves the music and is amused that it seems to get dirtier and dirtier every time we watch it. He makes me stop and watch it every time he sees Hootie's face on TiVo.

The liquid-y mayo part cracks us up the most. <---dirty minds.
                        It’s just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

Budweiser OWNS me with their puppy/clydesdale/friendship/love commercials.

Comment

Working...
                          X