New TV Season!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New TV Season!

Pig, if you're making your famous color-coded grid, could I get a digital copy? I'll TiVo if you do! Hee!
    Per Isadora's request, I did make the excel spreadsheet. Heh.
    Here's one on a webpage:
    http://www.tvpicks.net/fallpreviews/...lgrid-est.html

The only trash TV that looks remotely interesting is Lost since it has Verve AND Tess from Ros AND a hobbit. So why oh why is Lost and Smallville on at the same time? WHY?

I can't see this show lasting very long, but then again Gilligan's Island was on forever.
    It's all about me and my precious.

Lost is the only show I'm planning on adding to my regular schedule (until it gets yanked in its third week, natch) because my Dom-crush has been renewed by his appearance on I The 90s. I'll probably check out the first episode of Joey but unless it's the super-funniest thing evah, I doubt I'll make a habit of watching. As much as I loved him on Friends, I don't see him carrying a show on his own, and I hatehatehate Drea DeMatteo.

I'm kinda sad about my almost total lack of interest in the upcoming TV season. That '70s Show sucks, I'm over The O.C., and if we don't quickly get an abortion/miscarriage reveal on Everwood, no amount of Bright-love is going to keep me tuned in.

Comment

When I first saw "LAX" on that spreadsheet, I thought it was a new reality show about lazy people. Obviously, I'm not from anywhere near California.

<-- lame

The new shows aren't interesting to me either. I'm not even excited about any of the WB's new stuff. I can't believe this, but I may actually have matured past that stuff which is a sad realization for me.

When the new season kicks in I'll be watching Gilmore Girls, The O.C., The Apprentice, and Scrubs. Oh, and maybe America's Next Top Model, depending on how catty-licious the wannabes are. My TV line-up is nearly bare, yo! I used to kill way more time in front of it than I'm apparently going to be.

Comment

I think the problem with the WB line-up is that they don't have good cheeze scheduled! What is up with this stupid Mountian show? Who wants to see redneck commedies?

Comment

My dad does!

Anyway, is no one else excited about Entourage? Where's msia when you need her? You know she already has this on her TiVo season pass list.

Edited to correct my horrible misspelling of msia's name!
          Last edited by diesel; 07-14-2004, 01:21 PM.

Comment

You know I love hangers-on and p-bouncers. I'll be there!
            "But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.”---Kanye

Comment

I, too, am interested in Enterouge! Yesyesyes! Except I don't have HBO these days. *sob*
              It’s just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

I want to know what NBC was thinking calling a show "Medical Investigation". The show doesn't look that bad (from the commercials I've seen) but the name? Couldn't they come up with something better?

Comment

I was just thinking about the new TV seasons and I started to troll for spoilers and that made me sad. *sniff* This was always my favorite time of year in the Creek Freakdom! *sniff*

Also, The O.C. doesn't start up again until November! Whatevah!
                  It’s just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

So the Geeks at AICN seem to love "Lost". This cracked my shit up:
                    * Claire (Emilie DeRaven, who was pregnant with Max Evans’ alien baby on “Roswell”) is a very pregnant girl concerned about the health of her unborn child.

They also have a new blurb up on all of the writers:

Who’s writing the fall’s best new series?
                    Aside from series creators J.J. Abrams (“Alias”) and Damon Lindelof (“Crossing Jordan”), here’s who'll be scribbling down episodes for "Lost":
                    * David Fury has written more teleplays set in the Buffiverse than anyone else, including “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” mastermind Joss Whedon. Favorites include “Fear, Itself” and “Life Serial.”
                    * Paul Dini has written the feature “Batman: Mask of the Phantasm” as well as an insane number of cartoon series, including “Batman,” “Superman,” “Justice League,” “The Incredible Hulk,” “Ewoks,” “Droids,” “Transformers,” “G.I. Joe,” “Clerks,” “Tiny Toons” and “Duck Dodgers.” “Lost” will mark the first time we see Dini’s dialogue coming out of flesh-and-blood lips.
                    * Javier Grillo-Marxuach has worked on tons of sci-fi shows not as good as “Lost,” including “SeaQuest,” “The Pretender,” “Dark Skies,” “Charmed,” “The Chronicle,” “The Dead Zone” and “Jake 2.0.” (He’s also done cop shows like “Law & Order: SVU” and “Boomtown”!)
                    * Christian Taylor has written on “Six Feet Under” and “Miracles.”
                    * Jennifer Johnson has written on “Undressed,” “Providence” and “The Guardian.”
                    * Lynne E. Litt has written for "Law & Order," “The Practice,” “Hack” and “Tarzan.”
                    * Kim Clements has written for “The Shield.”
                    * Monica Macer was a producer’s assistant on “24.”
                    * Brent Fletcher wrote an episode of “Angel” last season titled “Soul Purpose.” It was about Spike sort of assuming Angel’s role in the universe.
                    So they seem to have potentially good peeps. It might actually be worth a look see, even beyond the Verve factor. All it needs is the Ferryman to complete the draw!

Comment

OMB! I'm kind of psyched about Jack & Bobby. It could be good yo. Of course I'm still most looking forward to Lost, but the Jack kid could be my new Verve!

Comment

The first Jack and Bobby was pretty good (I watched the free DVD of the pilot that came in my Entertainment Weekly). Unfortunately, my extreme Christine Lahti hatred is getting in the way of me totally loving it.

Comment

I liked it! I love to hate pothead mama! The kid who plays Jack is my new TV Boyfriend! Wheee!

I made Kermie watch it with me and I think he liked it too. But I think they gave away way too much in the first episode!

Jack dies? Jack's Courtney's first love but she marries Bobby? Mama continues to be a kerrazy self absorbed freakshow, and Boobie lets her be? He almost loses the Presidency so that mama wouldn't feel like the cheap whore she is?

Comment

Are they going to reair the pilot? I'm curious about this. It sounds tragic with huge melodramatic flair-ups. Whee.

Comment

They're reairing it Thursday and Sunday, Is. Pick your poison!

I liked it, but a lot of the Everwood fanatics didn't. I like Jack.

Comment

Working...
                              X