Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok so thorough review:

* the theme is boring and predictable
    * holden finds himself over the course of 11 half baked and from someone who willingly admitted he knew nothing psychology related he's all of a sudden sherlock holmes (i.e. that breakup scene)
    * debbie is nothing more but a contrivance. she's there to explain to explain the boring sociology preferably while on the road to getting naked. her character never really clicked.
    *I love Anna Torv. Always have, especially as Olviia. But somewhere mid season her character starts being conflicted without any previous warning
    * I knew all the killers they chose to cover - and wasn't surprised by any of it.
    This was the golden era of serial killers so why isn't this more exciting than the average criminal minds episode?

I really liked the setting & casting. But the overall arcs of different characters are about as predictable as that stupid redacted tape twist.

when we're talking serial murder I loved HH Holmes netflix docu, Last Podcast on the left covered a lot of these cases in great detail, Natural Born Killer serial and more. TBH I wanted to love Mind Hunters in the end i watched it all in one day hoping to feel something and I felt nothing which is not to say i've had a horrible time but compared to how I felt about Hannibal for instance .. I won't remember what happened on mind hunters in a month

Comment

• Oooh, I am visiting friends this week and need to watch what they want, but as soon as I am home I am there.

Comment

• I disliked Holden's girlfriend a lot, but he is the worst? I mean, he's supposed to be the worst but he's a charming flaming asshole.
        6 YEAR COMMITMENT TO THE PAIN OF SHIPPING DE. I DONT COMMIT TO MY OWN LIFE AS MUCH DO YOU UNDERSTAND

Comment

• I am only up to the SpyMommy episode, so I canít say how I will like the whole thing in the end, but so far I am enjoying it.

Also, Olivia Dunham having sex with SpyMommy is okay with me, though SpyMommy is kinda a snob.

Comment

• Holden is a smug asshole who I would never want to meet in person, but I kinda like him. His methods are such a scandal to everyone around him, but I bet in 2017 nobody would blink an eye at how he talked to those murderers.

Comment

• I felt uncomfortable with some of his bro-talk with the murderers! But I enjoyed the series overall.
              6 YEAR COMMITMENT TO THE PAIN OF SHIPPING DE. I DONT COMMIT TO MY OWN LIFE AS MUCH DO YOU UNDERSTAND

Comment

• I don't remember...Did we have a Stranger Things thread? We need to talk about Steeeeeeve.

Comment

• STEVE!!!!!! BABYSITTER STEVE IS THE BEST.

Comment

• EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS SEASON WAS SOOOOOOO GOOOOOD.

ETA and just to add that Jonathan and Nancy are dating in real life I don't know why I sniff out RLTL errrrywhere I just do.

Last edited by ophy; 11-07-2017, 06:26 PM.

Comment

• It was speculated last year when they went on holiday together https://instagram.com/p/BKJ6pluAvai/ but itís good to have it confirmed (thereíd also been spec that he was in a gay relationship as well - Iíve been following this one!). So itís probably been going on for some time.

Loved Steve this season!

Comment

• This season was DELIGHTFUL.

Don't even get me started on poor Bob. I love these characters so much.

Comment

• Poor Bob! I love everybody and everything (with one exception): Nancy is the bestest best, I adore Max, I love the Hopper + El family unit, Paul Reeser didnít piss me off, <3 Winona <3, Babysitter Steve and his hair!!!!!!

I didnít think where they went with El worked, with Mama and the sister; it distracted me from group interaction, which is why I am watching Stranger Things.

Also, if there is a S3, I want Will to not suffer any more trauma; that poor boy!

Comment

Working...
                          X