No announcement yet.

Veronica Mars: Sassy Teen Detective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I watched the movie tonight and found it very engaging and enjoyable (if a little too fanservice-y for me) but rereading the first few pages of this thread had me

Comment

• Mr Namaste loved it aswell. It was the favourite show from the both of us.

Comment

• The baseball cap was horrible indeed.. But it was for a good cause..

Loved all the inside jokes btw..
        Last edited by namaste; 03-15-2014, 06:42 AM.

Comment

• I've always felt uncomfortable with too much fan pandering but, in this case, I'm the fan being pandered to so I'm weirdly okay with it!
          Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Exactly! This was a love letter (and a LoVe letter) and considering the circumstances I am beyond cool with it.

I don't want to do anything except re-watch the movie again and again and finish building my VMars playlist, but noooooo. Have to be a 'mom' and a 'wife' and a 'responsible adult'.

As far as the bit where they re-use the 'epic' speech, my head canon is that Veronica reminded him of the speech and its wording while they were dating. He doesn't have to remember saying it to know that he once said it.

Comment

• I accept your head canon as my own.
              Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• That's exactly how I justified it! Swoon swoon swoon.

Comment

• At what point should we stop black barring? Tomorrow, maybe?

Now that we have seen it on the small screen, mr.o is backing out of driving five hours round-trip to see it on the big screen. I guess that's fair. *pout*

Not posting all of the press, because HOLY BEEKSUS there is so much of it. What a major impact this is having on the media, right? They are in love with this whole thing, and that's marvelous. I'd be shocked if we didn't get another follow-up installment.

Posting this spoilery TV Guide article because it answered a question I had:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Veronica...s-1079346.aspx

7. Mac's new gig: Mac (Tina Majorino) wasn't just helping out a friend in the film's closing scene. The tech genius has gone P.I. full time. "She is leaving Kane Software to come and work for Veronica. In fact, as we pick up in the book, Veronica is trying to figure out if she can keep paying Mac. That's one of the things that's weighing heavily on her as the book begins," Thomas says, referencing the upcoming novel The Thousand-Dollar Tan Line (out March 25), which picks up after the events of the film.
                  I did not realize that from the movie, and I think it's wonderful, yet odd. What was Mac's real motivation there?

Piz ends up alone — again: After Veronica fails to show up to meet Piz's parents, he finally throws in the towel and breaks up with her over the phone. So is this the end for the on-again, off-again couple? "I certainly hope not," Lowell says. "It's difficult, because I'm the biggest Logan-Veronica supporter. It's kind of like I'm writing my own will. I'm writing my own death sentence."
                  Thankfully, Lowell says Piz's friendship with Wallace (Percy Daggs III) "is going to keep me in the picture" no matter what. "Frankly, if I can just keep working with these people I'll be satisfied," he adds.
                  Whatever, dude.

"You almost never think when you're doing a scene that it's going to be anything particularly over-the-top special compared to other scenes, but that one sure seemed to find a place in people's hearts," Dohring says, looking back on Logan's original epic LoVe speech. "I saw somebody who had it tattooed on her shoulder and that was the moment where I thought maybe we took that too far," Thomas recalls, before adding how proud he was of both iterations. "It was fun to bring back," the director adds.
                  The Bonnie DeVille cover story from EW: http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/03/1...e-cover-story/

That was fun. Gives some good Logan/Bonnie backstory.

Comment

• Ah, I wasn't sure if Mac would just be her part-time girl friday? I mean, does V really need that full time? Eh, I'm open to it. It's like a pile of puppies.

So...book club?

I rarely spend $10 for Kindle books. But? Eh? I might need this.

Comment

• I already preordered the book for my Kindle because I will go wherever Rob Thomas tells me to. My husband likes the show buy only watched casually and he thought the movie was "amazing." I watched it again today and read the shooting script even though it is basically exactly the same as the movie. Now I'm rewatching the show.

Comment

• Do I need to watch the show to see the movie?

( I can hear the responses...)
                        "But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.Ē---Kanye

Comment

• No.

But you'll like the movie about a billion times more if you watch the show and WHY THE FUCK HAVEN'T YOU WATCHED THE DAMN SHOW, NEO.

It's streaming free on Amazon Prime. Get on that, dude.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...ca%2Caps%2C206

Comment

• Guys! Anyone here use Spotify? I'm putting together a master playlist on there, but I'm not sure how the 'sharing' thing works.

Ira Glass wrote up his experience filming the This American Life scenes: http://www.thisamericanlife.org/blog...ica-mars-movie

Some great pics in there as well.

So interesting to me that, in all this media stuff, everyone pretends Teddy Dunn never existed. Weird, huh?

Comment

• They asked about Duncan at Paley! Rob said he considered bringing the character back but that it was a big plot to crack open because of the way Duncan exited the series. He joked that having him come back with his baby that he ran off with was kind of a major plot hurdle. I'm sure it was just an excuse to avoid Teddy Dunn for some reason but I think Dunn is a civilian now?

His wiki page says he was in law school? Eh?

Comment

• Fun vids with the boys: http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/03/15/ve...ars-paleyfest/

http://www.popsugar.com/Jason-Dohrin...Movie-34356240

http://www.popsugar.com/Veronica-Mar...edits-34358509

Reading the pdf script in between making dinner for kids, and I recommend waiting until after you see the movie at least twice before reading it. Fun to catch all of the little changes here and there.

Comment

Working...
                                X