No announcement yet.

Veronica Mars: Sassy Teen Detective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, a 75-minute TV special every year (as suggested here) would be ideal http://www.vulture.com/2014/03/what-...nica-mars.html

Comment

• I'd like a Netflix series. 12 episodes a year would tide me ovah.
      Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• I would also watch a spin-off about Cliff's law practice.
        Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• I finally caved and watched the first 5 episodes of S1 last night. Will I ever find out who raped Veronica? I don't want to go look it up and get spoiled, I just need to know. I am ready to meet the Logan y'all love, because he is such an asshole right now. I can't believe Paris Hilton had a guest role as Logan's girlfriend! She's so terrible. I love Daddy Mars and Veronica so much.

Comment

• I finally caved and watched the first 5 episodes of S1 last night. Will I ever find out who raped Veronica?
            Yay! . . . and yes, you definitely will. That's all I will say.

Deets on the Blu-ray release: http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=13491

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has announced the Blu-ray release of director/co-writer Rob Thomas' Veronica Mars: The Movie. The Kickstarter-funded feature film picks up several years after the events of the cult-favorite television series and stars returning cast members Kristen Bell, Enrico Colantoni, Jason Dohring, Percy Daggs III, Tina Majorino, Krysten Ritter, Ryan Hansen, Francis Capra and Chris Lowell. Veronica Mars: The Movie streets on May 6th.

The Blu-ray edition of Veronica Mars: The Movie is presented in 1080p with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround. Special features include:
            By the Fans: The Making of the Veronica Mars Movie: Rob Thomas, Kristen Bell and the entire Veronica Mars cast take you from its record-breaking Kickstarter launch to the first day on set and beyond.
            More On-Set Fun: Monkeying around with Kristen Bell, Chris Lowell, Max Greenfield and others.
            Deleted Scenes
            And More...
            May 6th, people. That's not so far away.

I like this interview with JDoh: http://download.cnet.com/8301-2007_4...jason-dohring/

Just a few excerpts:

Did you shoot any scenes with James Franco?

He has a cameo, and he plays himself, of course. I didn't have any scenes with him, but whenever you get an actor of that caliber on set, who knows his shit, I just like to go in and watch. He probably thought I was the creepy guy in the corner of the trailer, but I didn't give a shit. I just wanted to watch him work.
            I think when you see any professional, there's been hard work and hard-won knowledge there, and you can see in the way he was working, how humorous and how natural he was.
            So the next time you watch that scene, remember JDoh is in the corner, taking acting notes.

Your dad founded Neopets, where users could adopt a pet and care for it, back in 2000. How cool is that?

I think it was the world's stickiest Web site, which means people spent more time on it than most other sites. I have to say that because my dad was the boss of the company, my brothers and I took unfair advantages where we collected some rare items under the table, so to speak, and flashed them off to our friends. I think we were later reprimanded for it by my pop. He has another company right now that's a full online education program for kids, ages two to six, called ABCmouse.com. He always wanted to do something educational, so I think this one will surpass the last one.
            Even though he's a big business guy, to see his son on the cover of "Entertainment Weekly," he bought every copy they had on the newsstands and brought them into the office and showed all of his executive friends. He even donated quite a bit to our Kickstarter project.
            I had no idea his dad was involved in ABCMouse! We use that all the time at home.

You were married at 22, which is fairly young, especially in Hollywood. How did you know that she was the one?

I think people don't look at long-term aspects as much as they could, like thinking about it in terms of long-term survival. Maybe there's another girl that would be fun for a month, but who do you want that's going to be your partner for the long term? She was a best friend of mine from high school; and when we graduated, we started dating. I think that's such a cool thing. What percentage of your life is sex? If you thought of that, then for 99.5 percent of the rest of your life, you better have someone you'd like to be with. You want a friend, and we both enjoy hanging out with each other. We have two beautiful kids, and we enjoy raising them and all that. We're so comfortable. I don't know if there was ever a moment where I thought that she's "the one." I just always liked her.
            Um . . . that's not how I would want my husband to describe me at the same time he's been doing press declaring how much he's 'madly in love' with KBell, just saying. But hey, it's nice that he likes his wife?

Comment

• Jason Dohring: Not driven by sex. Got it.

Comment

• cajun, the cool thing about Vmars is that the characters all have layers. So at the beginning of the series? All you see is Logan's anger. And that's a very real component of his personality. But I also think Veronica is angry--she just vents it differently. I LOVE Veronica but she can be an asshole at times. Not the kind of asshole that Logan is but his assholery tends toward the violent.

Comment

• WE ARE GETTING BOOKS, PEOPLE!

Books where Veronica is missing Logan!

From The Thousand Dollar Tan Line:

EEEK.

You know, the irony is not lost on me that technically this is a movie-and-books series now, and yet we are still talking about it in the tv forum.

Comment

• Oh, integrated media strategies. How you foil my ancient message board organizational skills.

Comment

• See? I' just glad we're getting the book. I don't really need anything else, even if Rob Thomas did let a little door open. I don't care if we don't get anything else because now everything that we wanted is canon and there's a book and fanfic and all is well. I don't care if the movie makes money or not because all I wanted was for it to be made and me to see it and Veronica to be PI again and LoVe to be a couple and that's it.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Obvs, I'd prefer to go the Netflix route over anything else, but I agree with dada. If this was all we ever got, I'd be happy. I'm even happier knowing books are coming.

Anything else is frosting on an already wondrous cake of happiness.

Comment

• Did we already talk about how KBell is going to do the audiobooks herself? The books are going to be IN VERONICA'S ACTUAL VOICE. That is super cool for audiobook people.

Sarah Dessen blogs about her date with KBell: http://sarahdessen.com/3954/blog/a-l...to-be-friends/

So a few weeks back, I was over in my office when I got a Kickstarter update from Rob Thomas about the Veronica Mars movie. Longtime readers of this blog know that I have loved the show FOREVER, all the way back to when it was on TV. I was thrilled when I (and so many others) were able to help be a part of giving the series the ending it deserved by supporting the movie. This particular update was about a contest through Omaze, which puts together what they call celebrity “experiences.” (Regular readers of this blog will also understand why this caught my eye, as I am such a pop culture nerd.) Anyway, the upshot of the contest was that the winner got to be Kristen Bell’s date for the LA premiere. You could buy chances and all the money went to support PATH, an organization that helps the homeless. A good deed AND a chance to meet K-Bell? I was in. I will not reveal how many chances I bought, but it was, um, quite a few.

Fast forward a couple of weeks to this past Sunday. We’d just gotten back power, which we’d lost on Friday morning, and I was cleaning my house and making bean salad for a cookout that evening. My phone lit up with an email, so I grabbed it. It was Kay from Omaze, saying I was a finalist in the Veronica Mars/Kristen Bell experience, and was I available for a Skype interview that evening? Um, YES. So a couple of hours later, after serving said bean salad and supervising my daughter making S’mores, I headed over to my office for the interview. I was asked my age, what I did for a living, why I loved Veronica Mars and what I’d do if I won. I gushed, I fangirled, I answered in run-on sentences. I mean, you guys know me. And then, when I finally shut up, they told me I was the winner.

WHAAAAAAAAAAT? I was speechless. Amazed. I got a few details, ended the call, then ran over to the house, where my husband was reading bedtime books to my daughter. I said, “I won!” He said, “WHAAAAAAT?” And then we both busted out laughing. My kid, who is used to us acting stupid for no apparent reason, asked if he’d get back to reading the book. Priorities.
                          So she did enter many, many times.

We were told to be in front of the hotel promptly at 5pm. At this point, we weren’t really sure exactly what the prize entailed. I mean, it said I would be Kristen Bell’s date and we’d attend the premiere together, but I didn’t actually think that would happen. I mean, this is KRISTEN BELL. She is VERONICA MARS and PRINCESS ANNA from Frozen. I was betting we’d meet her in a room, shake hands, get a picture, and be sent on our way. But then Erika, from Omaze, showed up with a car and told us to get in. We did, and my cousin Anna asked, “Um, where are we going?” Erika turned around to look at us and said, “To pick up Kristen.”

WHAAAAAAAAT?

Y’all. Seriously. We went to a HOUSE and sat by a gate and then about ten minutes later there was Kristen Bell, in a gorgeous pink dress, sliding into the seat beside me. She had some green tea in a bottle, a cute purse she showed us (“Snacks!” she announced, displaying munchies she’d brought along) and was just as kind and lovely and real as you hope she would be. We were trying to be cool. I am not SURE we succeeded.

The entire drive there, while we talked about the show, and how grateful she is to the fans, and so many other topics (her kid, my kid, her dogs, my dogs, chickens, Frozen, etc) it was like I was outside of my body, watching the entire thing from a distance. SO crazy cool. She signed a Frozen book for my daughter (props to Anna, for thinking to bring one) and posed for some pictures and then we were pulling up to the red carpet. They opened the door, she got out, and the crowd all around us screamed. Oh, my God.

Anna and I watched her get her picture taken, like, a million times, and then go over and talk to fans. Meanwhile, a very nice guy from Warner Brothers welcomed us, gave us our tickets for the movie and afterparty, and Anna and I got our picture taken on the red carpet. Whoa.

After that, our new friend from Warner Brothers pointed out OH so casually that Jason Dohring had just pulled up. I looked over and sure enough, there he was. I might have gasped. (Okay, I did.) But that was nothing compared to when he came over and met us. “This is our contest winner,” Erika from Omaze said, and he grinned, said hello, and then HUGGED ME, KISSED MY CHEEK AND PICKED ME UP AND SWUNG ME AROUND. I am not kidding. I do not have a picture (I wish!) because it all happened so fast and anyway I was about to pass out from the excitement. He was gorgeous (of course) but also sweet and charming and so gracious. I am not making this up, people. Also, his wife is lovely and beautiful, which SORT of made me feel bad about how happy I was whenever he touched me. Sort of.

(This was after the spin-hug. That’s his wife behind us, in the pink. Okay, I do feel kind of bad. But: sa-woon!)

Then we were hustled along the red carpet for a group picture. In my wildest dreams, NEVER EVER EVER, did I think I would be a part of something like this. I mean, LOOK!

I honestly squeal each time I see this. And I may have looked at it, um, a lot.

We watched the rest of the cast arrivals (Wallace! Mac! Lisa Rinna and Harry Hamlin!) and then went inside to get our seats. Now, again, I wasn’t expecting to actually sit with Kristen Bell. But when we made our way down the aisle, looking for our spot, I heard someone say, “Ladies, right here!” It was Dax Shepard, Kristen Bell’s HUSBAND. OH my God. The seating was this: Dax Shepard, Kristen Bell, ME, ANNA, Jason Dohring and his wife. I was about to watch the Veronica Mars movie with Veronica and Logan on either side of me. HOLY SHIT. (Excuse my language. Or don’t. Sometimes, you just need an expletive.) The lights went down, and the movie began. Entire crowd screamed and applauded. It felt like a dream.

I have been looking forward to this movie SO MUCH. But honestly, it was kind of hard to concentrate, since I had Kristen Bell beside me eating a pretzel, which she then offered to share with me. I said no, too nervous to accept, so then she leaned across and asked Anna, who took a bite, and I was like, “I can’t believe you just took some of Kristen Bell’s pretzel!” When she offered again, I said yes. (It was a really good pretzel, BTW.)

Finally I was able to lose myself in the movie, except for the few times when she leaned over to tell me something. “We filmed this at 3:30am,” she whispered at one point. “I fell asleep during one take. We have it on film.” When Dax Shepard’s cameo came on, they both giggled and whooped. I was DYING. But the best was during one part with Veronica and Logan (no spoilers from me) when I looked to my left, and there was Kristen with her pretzel. Then I looked to my right, and there was Anna with Jason Dohring beside her. I leaned over to Anna and said into her ear, “I am freaking the f**k out right now.” She nodded. (Again, sorry for the cursing. I just can’t help it.)

I loved the movie. That’s all I’ll say, because I don’t want to give details. Kristen had snuck out a few minutes before it ended to change for the afterparty, but when the lights came on and everyone started getting up, I was just sitting there when Jason Dohring CAME OVER and plopped down in the empty seat beside me. “What’d you think?” he asked. I told him it was just what I wanted, which is the truth, and then we talked a bit about it AND watched the after the credit bonus parts (yes!) together. (I am not making this up, I swear, even though as I am writing it, it FEELS like I must be.) Then we left, and got into the car, and headed to the afterparty.

It was SO fun, packed with people involved with the movie and supercool Kickstarter backers and the cast mingling around taking pictures with anyone who wanted one. They had a photo booth set up at the front and Kristen Bell, bless her heart, took pictures for the entire THREE HOURS of the event, after doing a hour of red carpet stuff beforehand. I know she was exhausted (I was exhausted!) but she was cheerful and gracious and amazing. We were ones of the last to get a couple of shots before they finally shut the line down and let her go home to her baby.
                          Okay, so in my head canon, the whole reason for the contest was so Dax and Jason's wife could have an excuse for putting two strangers in between KB and JDoh. Ha!

There's some pics and more at the link.

You don't really get the sense that the cast and folks already knew SD was a successful YA author from her re-telling of the evening. I love it when somebody who people fangirl over will just as enthusiastically fangirl over something/body else.

Comment

• Did we already talk about how KBell is going to do the audiobooks herself? The books are going to be IN VERONICA'S ACTUAL VOICE. That is super cool for audiobook people.
                            WHAT IN THE WHAT. I am OBVI going for the audiobooks despite it costing like triple for an audiobook.

In other news, I love her account of the date and the cast is so unbelievably sweet and gracious in every interaction. It's just so sweet and charming and I love that they love the fans and that it means something to them that it all means something to us, you know?

Comment

• Here is it is on Audible: http://www.audible.com/pd/Mysteries-...2739188&sr=1-1

Veronica Mars: The Thousand-Dollar Tan Line
                              Written by: Rob Thomas, Jennifer Graham
                              Narrated by: Kristen Bell
                              Length: 8 hrs and 42 mins
                              You can pre-order it for $28.00.

(wow, really? Is that what audio books cost? Beeksus, Mary, and Beek)

Comment

• I adore audio books especially on long drives to photo shoots and while editing. But they are ridiculously expensive. I have an app on my phone where I can check out audiobooks from the library and run sound through my car sound system. Its awesome. Plus I listen to free public domain audiobooks through Librivox.
                                I hope my library gets VM audiobook but I doubt I can wait that long to read it.

Comment

Working...
                                X