No announcement yet.

Veronica Mars: Sassy Teen Detective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm po'. I'm just going to have to mindhear KBell.

Comment

• Sign up for a free month of audible and get it as your freebie! <--used to be po'
      Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• I took my own advice. I'm listening to the audiobook on audible. I have an hour to go with my current audiobook so once I'm done with that, I'm all Mars all the time.
        Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Ran out of Nyquil (FUCK) and can't breathe (or talk, actually), so I read the whole book last night at around 3AM.

As I was reading, I was *hearing* it in KB's voice, so it was almost like having the audio book.

It was good! The dialogue was so spot on that was a little like just reading a tv ep from the series. It makes zero pretense of trying to draw in new fans, this book was written just for us. The mystery feels very VMars-y, but of course the main focus is Veronica's own emotional journey, and also her relationship with her dad and her mom. Not much Logan, but that was fine. It feels like Rob doesn't want any major Logan and Veronica stuff to happen 'off screen' as it were, so having Logan be overseas is a good way to keep them in a holding pattern while tackling other aspects of Veronica's life.

It didn't take much LoVe to make me happy. Just knowing that Logan synced up Veronica's phone's bluetooth to the bluetooth in his BMW made me swoony. He had limited time before shipping out, but he spent some of it fiddling with bluetooth settings so she wouldn't have to.

Modern romance!

Anyhoo, if you haven't gotten your fill of the cast being adorable together, here's Chris Lowell's Kickstarter vid (for an indie he is trying to distribute):: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...is-lowell-film

The movie ('Beside Still Waters' ) actually sounds pretty good. It won two awards at the Austin Film Festival.

We’ve got some amazing prizes. We’ve got DVDs, t-shirts. We’ve got VIP screenings… Phone calls, undeveloped rolls of film. Two children… with no parents! Customized copies of the script where Mo and I will tell you stories in the margins, and also whatever STDs any of the actors have in case you’re maybe considering dating one of them. So we’ve got my own personal black and white photography that I will print for you. Typewriters. Poetry. Whiskey slaps. Special thanks in the closing credits. Producer credits. I will actually kill someone who made fun of you in high school. …I don’t wanna do it. …But I really need this money.
          Chris Lowell is so effing charming.

Comment

• Listening to Kristen Bell impersonate her co-stars is hilarious and adorable, particularly Tina Majorino.

Comment

• I got the audible free book, like isadora suggested. That was a top notch idea, because I did not want to spend the money, but REALLY wanted to hear KBell's narration.

I listened to it on my phone all day at work while I did inventory for both bars. That is usually a horrible, long, tedious task, but today I loved every second of it. I even worked a little slow just so I could keep listening. That book made my life today.

KB does great voices. Her Mac voice is SPOT ON.

Comment

• Jason and The Man Who Is Responsible For Jason's Body (Not Like That, Pervs) went to see the movie together.

Eric Fleishman ‏@ErictheTrainer Mar 21
                Had a blast watching Veronica Mars with Jason Dohring!! If you haven't http://bit.ly/1jcBvMs pic.twitter.com/4M0ckVWNGQ

I'm very bitter. We finally did get the movie in a local theater, but I'm too sick to go see it. By the time I get over this damn cold, it'll be gone.

Comment

• So I have a question: didn't Lianne take off with some of their money during the run of the series? Do they mention it at all in the new book?

Comment

• She took the $50k bounty they were paid by the Kanes for finding Duncan. That was supposed to be Veronica's Stanford money.

I don't think it was mentioned in the book . . . or if it was, it was in a passing kind of way.

Comment

• Veronica had spent all her college savings ($17K I think?) paying for Lianne's rehab program, which Lianne checked herself out of early. When Veronica confronted her and kicked her out because she was still drinking she took off with the $50K bounty money.

Comment

• Ok, because I'm nearing the end of the book and it really isn't mentioned and it's MAKING ME CRAZY. Especially [book spoiler] since the plot point as I'm nearing the end is that Lianne's husband is a grifter in addition to be a drunk. And, really, so is Lianne. Maybe not in a formalized way but to the average person? Having a close family member scam north of 70K from them? IS SRS BZNSS.

At one point, V says (in the book) "I'd cast Lianne as the villain because Keith was good, he stayed, ya da ya da." and I was like: NOPE. You cast her as the villain because she's a straight-up fucking villain. She stole tons of money from you personally.

Comment

• For no particular reason . . .

GAME OVER.

*dies*

Comment

• Bookspoiler: I hope to God Veronica doesn't have to take on raising her step-brother! UGH, I hate the introduction of little kids. And Lianne is such a horror show and an asshole that I can't stand that V was so good to her mother in that book and her mother was STILL a fucking asshole. It made me crazy but I might have mother issues.

Comment

• I finished the book last week aswell. And It isn't mentioned and it drove me a little crazy aswell. But I loved the book it felt like watching another episode. Loved the way they described typical hand movements from keith and Veronica. Great humor fun interactions briliant dialoques etc all was there. It felt really autentic VM to me. I saw all the scenes in my head while reading...Anyways.. When is the second one coming??
                              Last edited by namaste; 03-30-2014, 06:44 AM.

Comment

• Dax and KB ask Tom Arnold to be their intimacy coach (FoD): http://uproxx.com/videos/2012/08/dax...ntimacy-coach/

I guess it would have been ultra awks to ask JDoh.

Comment

Working...
                                X