No announcement yet.

Veronica Mars: Sassy Teen Detective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The second VMars novel comes out this fall! WOOT.

The second novel in the Veronica Mars book series will be released on October 24, 2014 and now Amazon and Barnes and Noble have new details about the upcoming book.

The second Veronica Mars novel, titled Veronica Mars: Mr. Kiss & Tell, is now available for pre-order on both Amazon and Barnes and Noble websites.

No cover art has been revealed but we expect Rob Thomas to make an announcement either publicly or in an email to Kickstarter backers in the near future containing the official cover.

In addition to being able to pre-order, Amazon even has a full summary of the of the novel on their website that reads:

“In the second book in the New York Times bestselling mystery series, Veronica Mars is back with a case that will expose the hidden workings of one of Neptune’s most murderous locations.

The Neptune Grand has always been the seaside town’s ritziest hotel, despite the shady dealings and high-profile scandals that seem to follow its elite guests. When a woman claims that she was brutally assaulted in one of its rooms and left for dead by a staff member, the owners know that they have a potential powder keg on their hands. They turn to Veronica to disprove – or prove – the woman’s story.

The case is a complicated mix of hard facts, mysterious occurrences, and uncooperative witnesses. The hotel refuses to turn over its reservation list and the victim won’t divulge who she was meeting that night. Add in the facts that the attack happened months ago, the victim’s memory is fuzzy, and there are holes in the hotel’s surveillance system, and Veronica has a convoluted mess on her hands. As she works to fill in the missing pieces, it becomes clear that someone is lying – but who? And why?”

The summary doesn’t give anything away regarding the end of the first novel which is good for anyone who wants to remain spoiler free. If you have not already read the first book in the series we suggest you pick it up and get as much of the Veronica Mars universe as you can.

http://www.hypable.com/2014/05/13/se...-book-details/
    Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Baby Bell 2.0!

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB0aEonzPl8
        Teaser trailer for Dick's web spin-off.
        Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB0aEonzPl8
          Teaser trailer for Dick's web spin-off.

Comment

• Oh, yes. I am so totally here for this.

Stills:

Last edited by ophy; 09-08-2014, 12:47 PM.

Comment

• Dude, I'm like

Comment

• Another promo for Play it Again, Dick, embedded at source.

Comment

• "This funeral is turning into a sausage fest."

I could read that! I could read most of the text pages in that promo. I think that means my eyes are getting better, maybe.

Comment

• Play It Again, Dick! Episode 1.

LOVE the shout-outs to the criticism of Dick's character! Ryan is so bizarrely dicky and excited and adorable. It's a weird mix but I like it.

Comment

• I'm always down for some major meta, but I guess I thought this spinoff would match the tone on the Kickstarter vid more than what we ended up with. Which is a little crass and a lot more R rated than I expected from a CW property.

Thank Beek they at least acknowledged what a polarizing and problematic character Dick Casablancas really is, but I feel like that should be explored even more. Not in a way that would bring the whole thing down, but in a wry, self-aware way. Because he REALLY is very problematic. If KBell and Rob hadn't had a ginormous Ryan Hansen shaped blind spot . . .

But hey, it's been amusing so far, so I'm just going to enjoy what is there to be enjoyed.

Comment

• I was dying during Dohring's working out in episode 2. He was GREAT as a jerky version of himself. I would have liked them to play up his fake (but real) love of KBell, tho.
                        The official site of the Veronica Mars spinoff: Play It Again, Dick, starring Ryan Hansen as Dick Casablancas and featuring Kristen Bell, Jason Dohring and many of the original cast members of Veronica Mars

Comment

• I am still not really feeling the web series. I get that it's just goofing around and whatever, but it's making me feel downright prudish. This is the CW, not Showtime!

That said, Rico's bit about Tom Hanks was HILARS. "No, Tom hanks the bus driver."

"You're in my light, kid." Hee.

So! Here is an interesting new take on Duncan's arc from Teddy Dunn: https://tv.yahoo.com/news/exclusive-...132700185.html

The real reason Duncan was so catatonic early in Season 1: Almost as soon as Veronica Mars premiered, it became clear that fans didn't like Duncan, who was originally slated to be Veronica's OTP. He came off as vacant, distant and just sort of... there. Duncan later became much more dynamic, but this isn't because Dunn's talent improved exponentially overnight. It's because Dunn was originally under the impression Duncan had a mental illness.
                          "I was told early on that Duncan was bipolar, so when I got the role I got some books, starting researching it and looking into it," Dunn says. Since psychosomatic drugs used to treat bipolar disorder often leave the user emotionally distant, Dunn made the conscious choice to play Duncan that way. However, once it became clear that viewers were having a hard time connecting to Duncan, "I was told to leave all that behind and go back to being the gregarious big man on campus," Dunn says. "I had a hard time reconciling the two and I think I struggled with the precedent we had set with the character in the first few episodes versus what they wanted to get out of the character later down the line.
                          "I understand there's a commercial aspect to it too, he continues. "You know, just this comatose brooding dude in every episode of your show. I get it. That was something that they don't teach you in acting school, you know? Just the sheer business side of it."

That makes sense really.

But this:

That being said, Dunn has no hard feelings about LoVe:Though Thomas initially told Dunn that Veronica and Duncan were going to end up together, he was far from surprised when Logan (Jason Dohring) became a rival love interest. "I always understood that there was going to be a love triangle," Dunn says, even conceding he understands why people preferred Logan.
                          "Veronica's wit and Logan's ability to match her wit at times, I think, were a lot of what fans responded to," Dunn says. "In terms of Duncan's character, I didn't really have that opportunity. I wasn't really that way. It'd be weird for them to write my character that kind of stuff. I think that probably had something to do with it. And look, [Dohring's] a good actor. He did a great job with the role."
                          However, Dunn admits he doesn't quite understand why viewers were always able to forgive Logan ó for supplying the GHB, for organizing bum fights, for tormenting Veronica, etc. ó yet could never forgive Duncan. "How does he get a clean pass? I don't understand that," Dunn says. "I think my character was largely a sympathetic one. I don't think I necessarily got the opportunity to show it all the time. I would have liked to see one of the scenes I had tested with which brought out more of Duncan's true colors before Lilly's death. I would have liked to explore that a little bit more than I got the opportunity to."

That shows he doesn't really get Logan's redemptive arc, or Dohring's amazing subtlety at playing it. And ridiculously tragic backstory! Duncan had one dead sister, and emotionally distant parents. Logan had a dead cheating girlfriend, dead alcoholic mom, a murderously psychopathic and abusive dad, burnt down house, and oh, then he sat trial for a murder he didn't commit. He *had* to be fucked up and do fucked up stuff. But it is totally fair for Dunn not to consider that side of things, since it's not his job to do so. And yes, there are still some who haven't forgiven the Illegal Homeless Boxing regardless of Tragic Backstory.

I definitely agree that Rob let Duncan's character just languish, lifeless on the page, once he decided to shift so much focus to Logan, though. I would have been annoyed by that if I were in Dunn's position.

Overall, sounds like Dunn is much happier being a lawyer, so kudos to him for successfully following his new dream.

Comment

• I actually think that Duncan was let off the hook very easily regarding Veronica's rape. Even though he was drugged at the time too, he still believed Veronica was his sister, and had sex with her. I also don't think that neither Veronica nor the show, in general, forgave Logan too quickly. He did have a redemption arc. Dick, however, is a whole other story.
                            sigpic

Comment

• I just hated Duncan. He was a terrible character who was so uninteresting. It had nothing to do with shipping or anything I just couldnt stand him.

Comment

• So now they have two itty bitty girls. And speaking of babies, Mr.Kiss and Tell comes out in January.

http://www.amazon.com/Veronica-Mars-...=1419086786162

I assume y'all pre-orderd back in May like I did, duh.

Comment

Working...
                                X