No announcement yet.

Veronica Mars: Sassy Teen Detective

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I WAS JUST COMING TO POST THAT! IT REQUIRES ALL CAPS!
    sigpic

Comment

• And JDoh joined insta just in time for this drop! Not much on there yet since it's just been a couple of days, but all VMars content so far so I got no complaints.

Comment

• Gonna post it again for the new page . . .

with actual gifs this time!

. . . or do y'all perfer things sloooowed down a bit?

I assume they were filming the sportsball scene when this bts moment happened . . .

ETA Oh, here we go.

I really appreciate JDoh's commitment to the fans, ya know? Because all of THAT ain't easy, I'm sure.
        Last edited by ophy; 05-01-2019, 12:16 PM.

Comment

• Oral history of VMars!

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...ell-rob-thomas

They talked to pretty much errrybuddy (even TDunn!). Just some bits and pieces from it . . .

Dunn: I didn’t remember the character, because he only had five lines in the pilot. My agent and manager said, no way you do a pilot with five lines. I remember Rob really pushing it…. The fact that I was living in a dilapidated building with roaches helped push me out the door.

Thomas: There’s this intense scene where Logan’s dad pushes in the cigarette lighter, and you can tell there’s this whole daddy dearest thing going on. Jason was so powerful in that scene…it was no contest.

Dohring: After that scene, Rob came up and hugged me…. In the final audition, he said, “We’re not going to do that scene because it’s freaking people out.” I was like, what are you talking about? I’m fucking acting.

Bell: I didn’t know how to do life, so I was sort of making it up as I went…. I remember one of the first couple of episodes, when none of my paychecks had cleared. I was behind on my heating bill, or the heating had broken in my little studio house and it was freezing. I went out and slept in my car with the engine on all night.

Thomas: We wrote the role [of Detective Van Lowe] with Paul Rudd in mind. Paul’s schedule changed, and then Ken said he could do it.

Ken Marino (Vinnie Van Lowe): Vinnie is the sardine in Veronica’s peanut-butter sandwich. Sometimes he’s good. Sometimes he’s bad. But without Vinnie, you’d just be left with some buttery nuts smeared between two pieces of white bread.

Bell: I don’t look at Jason and think, I’m absolutely in love with him, and am going to leave my husband. But when you watch us on film, something’s there, and it’s undeniable.

Lowell: Logan’s a frickin’ sex bomb. He’s the bad boy that everyone wants with a heart of gold, which is a fantasy.

Ruggiero: Rob’s assistant, Alex, had to buy Paris Hilton’s Chihuahua french fries, because the Chihuahua ate McDonald’s french fries. Me, miss animal lover, was like, is that all she’s feeding that dog, fucking fries?

Dohring: In a fictitious town, we created a real world that was interesting and emotionally complex…. We fucking meant it.

Bell: I suppose its current legacy is an entertaining show about a real-life superhero that people can look to, to find strength and inspiration. A person who’s being the change that they want to see, and experiencing the problems we’re all experiencing. I don’t know what the ultimate legacy will be, because I just hope it’s not over yet. I’m going to do it until everyone in Neptune is dead.

They talk about TWOP*:

At the vanguard of social media, the writers flocked to the website Television Without Pity, a fan forum that offered immediate feedback during and after episodes.

Etheridge: Getting the fans to so quickly jump in and say we’re passionate about what you’re thinking about, it bonded us immediately to them. That happens so routinely now that it’s not profound—but it was then.

Thomas: People wrote very thoughtful essays. It wasn’t 140 characters. It’d be a solid two paragraphs.

Ruggiero: You could go on there and have your ego boosted, or be completely crushed and crawl into a bottle for a week. They’d be guessing something that was going to happen, and they’d be right, and you’d be really worried about it. Or they’d be so far off,** and we’d be pretty excited because we knew we were safe.

* which means they are talking about us.

** I think we know*** what they are referring to.

*** Lianne Mars Killed Lilly Kane!!!!

Comment

• UGH, I STILL THINK LIANNE DID IT. THEY FUCKED UP THAT S1 FINALE.
            It’s just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• They totally did!

Okay, more press from Percy and Jason:

For you, Jason, Rob wrote these books that kind of take place right after the movie and Logan’s military background is a big part of those books. Have you ever read them or has he informed you of what happened with Logan in those books?

Jason: Yeah. I’m somewhat familiar with that story. I did a lot of research into the military myself as well with helicopter pilots at bases around Los Angeles. For the iZombie role, which I [later] found out was sort of a comedy show, I went to train with a sniper in Virginia for three days. He was one of the founders of Blackwater, which is a private military training company. So I went and did that and we’re shooting flamethrowers. Then I found out it was a comedy and I was like, “Well this is a little overkill.” [laughs]

Ha.

I just now thought of this but have you guys gone back and watch any old Veronica Mars episodes recently?

Percy: I haven’t had a full on binge, but the fans have requested re-watches so I’ve re-watched episodes that they were interested in here and there. Sometimes we catch the movie and my son is like “Daddy” and so we may end up watching the movie. But as far as going through all the episodes, it’s been a little while. I think when we were getting ready to shoot, I did some re-watches, just to get in touch with my character and everyone again.

Jason: Yeah, I did that too. Like for the movie, I think I watched all 60 episodes again just to get an idea.

Last question — our website is called Talk Nerdy With Us because we all have some kind of inner-nerd. So what is something you guys are currently nerding out about?

Jason: Apple trees. I’m a freakin’ gardener man, how nerdy does that get?

Percy: He’s got a green thumb. [To Jason] I need to come up and get bags of good stuff.

Jason: Dude, I’m the nerdiest guy around. Come see it. I’m like all about my soil. I’m like, “Wow, look at this” and I’m showing it to my son. I’m serious, man. It makes a huge difference.

Percy: It makes a huge difference.

Jason: Dude, it’s incredible. You’re going to try some of this, you’ll die. It’s great.

Percy: Well, it tastes different. So I guess I’m nerding out about organic eating. That’s what I’m nerding out about right now.

Jason: Dude, I have five beehives.

Percy: What? I’ve got to bring my son up because he’s super interested in that.

Jason: I have five beehives. I did four bee rescues. I rescued a bee hive from Lea Thompson from Back to the Future.

Percy: Are you serious?

Jason: Yeah, they’re Back to the Future bees. How nerdy does that get?

Percy: I can’t top that.

WUT.

Comment

• New trailer!

Holy shirtballs, it looks SO GOOD.

https://www.eonline.com/news/1049334...worthy-moments

Last edited by ophy; 06-14-2019, 01:00 PM.

Comment

• I'm so worried they're gonna kill Daddy Mars and I CANNA HAVE THAT.
                  It’s just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

Working...
                  X