No announcement yet.

Veronica Mars: Sassy Teen Detective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple new clips from E! (that damn Kristin is really dragging this stuff out):

KB being absolutely frakkin adorable as per usual (and also giving props to what JD has done with Logan-no gushing though): http://www.eonline.com/Gossip/Kristi...6/060804b.html

Percy and MM, also being adorable. I was a bit annoyed at how it seemed KV was dissing Percy to focus on MM, but I have to admit- MM was looking hawt! at the press tour. I'm not one of your kerrrazy Lamb fanatics, but he really is a good looking man. In profile particularly.: http://www.eonline.com/Gossip/Kristi...6/060804c.html

Also, from what KV says on the first link in her column, sounds like Piz is going to be all unrequited lurve for VM, but she's going to be hapy with Logan for a bit and not realize Piz's thang for her until later. As a setup, I can live with that. I do love me some unrequited wangsting.

Comment

• More casting info from Aussiello:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Ausiello/AskAusiello/

Mars' main man Rob Thomas is reuniting Enrico Colantoni with his Just Shoot Me lovah Laura San Giacomo! "She plays a woman who comes into Mars Investigation and asks Keith to prove that her husband is cheating on her, and the two of them kind of hit it off," Rob reveals. "So Keith is really hoping he finds evidence that he's cheating." Rob ó who would only say Laura appears in "several" episodes ó admits her connection to Enrico played a big part in her casting.
      "We have Patty Hearst booked for Episode 8," declares Rob Thomas, who says John Waters' infamous muse will not be playing herself. "She is playing a character close to herself. She's playing the granddaughter of Hearst College's [founder], who in our world is a railroad baron rather than a publishing baron. [She] goes missing the night before an important vote about the future of Hearst University. It'll be similar, but she is not literally playing Patty Hearst."
      Both of these sound good to me.
      Last edited by ophy; 08-23-2006, 02:46 PM.

Comment

• Patty Hearst is one of those people that always fascinates me yet I can't quite put my finger on way. It's that damn guerilla photo! SO COOL. I want a Tania photo on a t-shirt.

Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Just got VM S2 on dvd. The extras include a gag reel, deleted scenes, and a couple of short B-T-S featurettes but unfortunately, no commentaries.
          However, there are a few eps. I missed the first time around that I look forward to watching.
          First up, "Plan B" for the LoVe.
          I'm also curious to see if KillerCassidy is foreshadowed at all (in retrospect) since I didn't really buy it in the finale.

Comment

• More from Aussiello on the Piz sitch:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Ausiello/AskAusiello/

And Veronica Mars scoop you shall receive. I asked Rob Thomas whether Piz, the new hottie in Veronica's life this season, will pose a serious threat for LoVe. "I think Veronica and Logan's struggles are going to have little to do with Piz. They're two pretty intense characters on their own, and I think most of their issues are going to be with each other. I don't want to play some traditional thing where Piz is insinuating himself into the relationship, or attempting to break them up, or doing anything other than being a nice guy who happens to be around Veronica a lot, due largely to proximity, but they also get entangled in a couple of cases together. Logan should just be worried about Logan." Piz, meanwhile, is "from a suburb of Portland, Oregon. With all the sort of brooding, rich bad boys we've had on our show, he's sort of the antithesis of that. He's much more a Lloyd Dobler, frenetic kid with a lot of words in his mouth, and a very similar middle-class background as Veronica. So he should have a real different energy than, say, Troy or Logan."
            So . . . V and L get all intense-y, and fight, and Piz is always around to comfort Veronica when she's angsting? Well, could be worse. I don't really mind that set up. Does sound like Logan is going to be quite the jackass this season. Don't mind that, either.

Comment

• VM to premiere early--online!
              Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Link to VM premiere!

-Link to the premiere! Just copy and paste into Windows Media.

Just watched it and Eeeeeee! The first third is practically perfect and as a whole, I think it's a stronger premiere than NitW.

CC, Noooo. RIP Kendall Casablancas.
                And sweaty LoVe scene! Squee!!
                Last edited by isadora; 09-26-2006, 10:51 AM.

Comment

• Excellent! I'm glad to hear that the CW ain't monkeying around with it too much. The sneak preview had looked like it was going to be all Piz and bikinis.

I'm going to wait until next week, though, and watch it the way God intended. Just can't get into tiny, blurry box-ness. Just got to avoid spoilers until then!

Comment

• So I was being a good mod and edited the above post to make a neat little clickable link and OMG I FORGOT ABOUT THE SPOILER TAGS! *sob*

Totally spoiled!

Comment

• Damn.
                      Isadora, I tried a few different thinks to make it an actual link, but the link wouldn't work. So I went w/ web address, no link.
                      Sorry for spoiling!

Is no one really watching until next week?

Comment

• Oh, it's not your fault!

I might watch but I, like, have to work most of the day and stuff. Hee!

Comment

• We watched it before bed last night. I may rewatch over the weekend 'cause I think I'm misunderstanding the Keith subplot. I was too tired to really get into it last night.

Comment

• TONIGHT, BITCHES!!!!!!

I'm kinda excited. Hee.

Anyway, Veronica and friends have new myspace pages up (maintained by the writers/interns, not the actors, I'm guessing). The profiles are funny- Dick's occupation is "full time lover", and his interest is "Twins". Hee. Speaking of Dick, there are a couple of cute Ryan Hansen vids up there (cute? Ryan Hansen? That's like redundant), and in one of them I could swear he mght be doing a JDoh impression without realizing it. Also, there is a vid up showing the new sets, plus one with the new credit sequence- looks like it is linked off all of the pages. So pysched to see Tina in the credits! But back to the myspace pages, it did my shipper heart good to see that both Logan and Veronica say in their profiles that they are "in a relationship." Awwww.

Parker's mentions that Jane Austen is among her faves, which is pretty funny (because there was all this Jackie hate tied to the fact that she dissed P&P in S2, and RT was amazed at that), and, speaking of Parker- if you are trying to remain unspoiled DO NOT read the description of next weeks' ep on your TiVo. It's too late for me (*sob*), but save yourselves!

Based on the profiles, looks like they are setting up Piz to be very sensitive and John Cusack-y. Hope that works, cuz I think the show could use a little John Cusack-iness.

All of the pages are linked from Veronica's: http://www.myspace.com/veronicamarscw

Comment

• Ryan Hansen ROCKED the house!

Comment

• I know! Ryan Hansen might have a, you know, real career after all of this. I assume when Dick showed up at the Presidential Suite of Lost Boys and said to Logan that he had nowhere else to go, he really meant emotionally. I mean, what was Dick doing, living in on campus housing anyway? He's still got the bulk of that million dollar trust fund, I assume, and he could have just gotten his own phat bachelor pad/hotel suite. Well it was worth it just to see Dick all beaten down and hurting, and Logan giving him the hug that Dick referenced at the food court. That got a big Awwwww from my household.

Speaking of Logan, what a woob! And a Logan who is all concerned over someone else's pain instead of his own is a . . .what? grown up Logan? I don't know, but it will be interesting to see him play nursemaid to Dick. And ho!yay! hopefully. I don't know that I am buying that Logan is still staying in the same hotel where a)Veronica did the nasty (in the politest way possible) wth Duncan, b)Logan did the nasty (in the nastiest way possible) with Kendall and c)Cassidy took the header off the roof. I'd really think that after everything, he would have switched hotels. Whatever.

Loving the way Veronica is dressing- so fierce, so sexay tomboy. It's a subtle step up in the sexy dept from her high school gear, which I think is spot on and appropriate. KB is such the hottie!

In other news, Piz was fine. Funny and light, and the show can use that. Logan seeing him in Duncan's argyle was absolutely priceless. I can't see Logan taking Piz seriously enough to be jealous of him, but that just might be Logan's undoing in the end. I was hoping Logan would work with V. to solve crimes! And that she would gather to herself a kind of scooby gang that would all pitch in, and Logan could be part of that. I'm seeing V. being more lone wolfy (again) here, but maybe the scooby gang will evolve. I sort of wonder if they plan on keeping Logan at the periphery of all that . . . they do like giving him a separate storyline to keep the audience happily occupied while KB goes back to her trailer for some sleep, but it will seem artificial if he's only involved in her life at the fuckbuddy level.

And speaking of which! I guess that answers the question about their sex life or lack thereof. And I'm guessing, based on the excess sweaty-ness and V.'s obvious appreciation, that the cuddling was *NOT* the best part. I was hoping for a little flash of the Pelvic Bones of Godliness, but what we saw of the chest was terribly nice for a (still) teenage boy.

Parker was Blanderella. Totally eh.

Un-Lucky (the actor who played Lucky has now been cast ast that TA Tim Felton) had on the worst wig since Blaine from Pretty in Pink. Ugh. I understand that RT didn't want to confuse us into thinking Lucky was still alive, but jeebus, that look is all bad and wrong.

I could tell how Kendall's story was going to end as soon as Cormac started talking. Never trust a Fitzpatrick, Keith, you dumbass! I really thought better of Keith.

Comment

Working...
                                X