No announcement yet.

Veronica Mars: Sassy Teen Detective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think there's a snowball in hell that we can get an actual season at this point. It would be nice to raise enough of an uproar to get a 2 hr tv movie the way that theJericho fans have managed. But not likely. KB's contract is up, and I can't see CW coughing up any extra dough at this point for anything. RT said that the writers have all gone to accept other jobs.

But . . . since RT is an old skool YA author, I do wonder if maybe a book series could happen. Apparently, he made sure to keep the rights himself to any kind of book deal. He turned down the other showrunning gig (I can't remember what show, but it was for one of the new pilots), so maybe he would have some time on his hands for books. Or comic books! Joss needs to give him a call.

ETA that Kristin/Wanda has this to say:
    4. Insiders also tell me VM mastermind Rob Thomas is currently shooting a new project (on spec) at his house with Enrico Colantoni (Keith) and Paula Marshall playing spouses. As far as I know, Colantoni is not playing anything Mars-related, so it appears Thomas may be moving on...
    http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristi...c-750784a2c5e2

ETA: Here's Aussiello's comment from RT:

"I'm not entirely sure how/when VM would've ended, but I wouldn't discount my taking a stab at a feature script."

Yeah, you read that right. Veronica Mars on the frakkin' big screen!

Rob then added, "But I'm not sure if I could sell a movie based on a little-watched TV series."
    http://community.tvguide.com/blog-en...Mars/800015752
    Last edited by ophy; 05-23-2007, 05:32 PM.

Comment

• I finally watched the finale and I liked it. There is nothing I like better than revenge-y Veronica and I loved--LOVED--the crazed smile on Logan's face when he kicked that mafia kid's ass! And then I loved--LOVED--the impulsive half-smile Veronica gave him and the look as he was walking away! My shipper heart has not enjoyed a moment that much since the scootching from last season's finale!

That was enough for my shipper heart to know where those two crazy kids end up!

I also prefer Keith on the outs as a PI. How great would it be if Keith were a PI and Vinnie were sheriff? What a great set-up!

Wow, I'm going to miss this show.

I was so startled by the portrait of Lily! Wow! And then Duncan! Sadness! Loved seeing Mr. CW himself, too.

Aww. Between the Kane Family and Logan's penchant for crazy violence, it was a nice shout-out to the first year. Loved it. So much better than those shittay finales of the two previous years.

And I especially loved that Piz saw Veronica's face and felt the LoVe! Bwah!
      Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• DAMMIT!

I was so not watching Moonlight!

Logan from "Veronica Mars" to "Moonlight" as a vampire
        Jason Dohring replaces a 60-year-old actor in the role of ancient vampire Josef.

If only he were the main character! For Twilight readers, this show was originally called Twilight and they were like: oops, this is already a popular teen book, gotta change it.
        Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Hmmmm. JD as a vampire... I must watch.
          It's all about me and my precious.

Comment

• Arrrgh. I wasn't going to watch either. But I think David Greenwalt is attached to this,and he was heavily involved in both Angel and Profit. On the other hand, he wrote some crappy BtVS eps.

I'll give it a shot.

Comment

• RT has left Miss/Guided as showrunner over creative differences (I guess it's going to suck, then). He's going to focus on something else, but I haven't found out what it is.

Oh, and KB attended Wrongda's wedding, and she looks purty. So does Wrongda, actually.

http://www.eonline.com/photogallery/...3-490e2fe68ad1

ETA: Ausiello just confirmed that RT's new gig is exec prod'ing Big Shots at ABC. That show sounds terrible. EPing is not as big a time suck as shw running, so hopefully he will still be able to do other stuff.
              Last edited by ophy; 08-06-2007, 05:41 PM.

Comment

• I own this thread!

Anyhoo, this sighting from Defamer makes me KB even more. She hangs with the coolest kids!

http://defamer.com/hollywood/hollywo...oom-294343.php

∑ Aug. 25: Triple sighting at Saturday night's screening of so-bad-it's-awesomely-good The Room (www.theroommovie.com) at Sunset 5, and writer-director-star Tommy Wiseau was, sadly, not one of them. Standing behind me to purchase a ticket was a Superbad, bearded Jonah Hill with a bulking camera tucked under his arm...not sure what for?? Once inside, Jonah was joined by Paul Rudd (wearing a green shirt) and Veronica Mars herself, Kristen Bell. They all sat together behind my posse and did their best slinging witty comments and insults at the screen. At one point Rudd quipped: "Shhhh! I'm trying to watch the movie!" which drew many a laugh. Not bad for a newbie, but we totally owned that shit. "You are my rose, you are my rose, you are my rose..."
                Also, I have now seen her in pics with Zachary Quinto (Sylar from Heroes) at a couple of events, (Kristin Veitch's wedding and some movie premiere) and heard that she took the train back from ComiCon with him, and it occurred to me that they would be sooooo HAWT together.(Yeah, I know she has a long term bf, whatever - YAWN). A little digging turned this up, proving that I am so not the only one with VM/Sylar fantasies.

http://www.zacharykristen.fan-sites.org/

There's no actual content per se, but I'll be checking back in on occasion to look at the pretty prettiness.
                Last edited by ophy; 08-29-2007, 09:02 AM.

Comment

• Well. Could be okay, I guess.

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-en...Boss/800023603

ABC has pacted with Veronica Mars creator Rob Thomas to develop a new version of Cupid, Thomas' short-lived yet well-liked 1998-99 series about a man who believes he was sent to Earth by Zeus to assist romantically challenged couples.
                  I vote for Ryan Hansen to take on the role of Cupid.

Comment

• Wait, Piven was the titular Cupid right? I vaguely remember watching it back in the day. Why go back to old material? Unless he can do a Buffy on it, should it just stay dead?

Comment

• Probably because this is just easier than coming up with new stuff.

I think I read somewhere that RT and Piven totally didn't get along. Like major hate going on there. I don't know if that was one of the reasons why the show never really went anywhere.

So Ryan Hansen should be Cupid, and Tina Majorino can be the psychiatrist. Pretty please?

Comment

• I've given it some more thought (big surprise) and I think RT should re-invent Cupid as a high school show. Chris Lowell can be Cupid, who just appears at a high school, under the cover of being an emancipated minor transfer student or something. Caroline Dhavernas can be the just-out-of-college guidance counselor who feels icky!bad!wrong about being attracted to a 16 yr old (who is actually thousands of years old, but she doesn't believe that). It could work.

Comment

• I'm not that into CL but I like where you're going! Teen angle with Caroline Dhavernas as Counselor would rawk!

Comment

• VMS3 DVD is coming with the "Veronica at the FBI" pilot! OOH. I'll need that.

I'm not sure I want to read the recap. I *need* to know what happens to Logan & V!

Review of the unseen pilot...

Oh, wait! There are no series regulars except Veronica herself. Hmmm. And also: *sob*

Veronica Mars comic is my last hope, yo.

Comment

• Dohring cast in new HBO show.

I don't get HBO, so the rest of y'all will have to let me know if it's any good.

HBO means he might be half nekkid a lot, right?

Comment

• New Cupid promo up.

http://www.thrfeed.com/2008/11/abcs-new-cupid.html

I am soooo not feeling it. I'm not a Piven fan, but Bobby Cannavale really ain't bringing any magic to the role in these clips.

Sorry about your crappy casting choice, Rob!

Comment

Working...
                                X